All Things Russia & Ukraine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: All Things Russia & Ukraine

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:08 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:34 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:39 pm :lol: :lol: :lol:

An unconfirmed ‘BUT WRITTEN IN RUSSIAN’ :lol: :lol: :lol: memo, remarkably sourced by none other than David Corn himself (the golden showers source), is enough for a fan and Mother Jones to know it’s absolutely from Putin himself, who clearly watches Tucker Carlson nightly. :lol: :lol:

Anyone want to know Corn’s story?!?!

I am falling off my chair laughing.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dude. It is 10000% irrelevant if the Russians use it as a talking point.

But you're head is so far up anyone's *ss that has a R by it, as usual, you missed the problem.

There's a term for what you're doing, and it's, oh, about 60 years old: Russian Sympathizer.

It USED to mean far left Americans, who believe in more collective governance.

What does it mean now? Republicans who sympathize with Putin's ridiculous claims of tangential and historical "ownership" of Ukraine.

It's a problem, because it encourages Putin if he thinks there's a faction in America, like Trump, who are cool with what's he's doing.

Get it? Sense the problem?

Probably not. Vote Republican Pete! That fixes everything for you and your merry band of morons who think that when you reach the pearly gates, G*d is only going to let straight white male Republicans into heaven. :roll:
Yep. Sympathizers….Old ones at that.
Nobody likes it when their regime changes fail. It's a bitter pill to swallow.
old salt

Post by old salt »

seacoaster wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:22 am
Andersen wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:31 am Different and useful perspective:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/puti ... -3c996k3c7
Thanks for this. Very interesting.
All of Europe has that problem. The rest of Europe is now getting millions of young Ukrainian refugees. ...lots of single moms & kds.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:40 pm

An unconfirmed ‘BUT WRITTEN IN RUSSIAN’ :lol: :lol: :lol: memo, remarkably sourced by none other than David Corn himself (the golden showers source), is enough for a fan and Mother Jones to know it’s absolutely from Putin himself, who clearly watches Tucker Carlson nightly. :lol: :lol:

But you're head is so far up anyone's *ss that has a R by it, as usual, you missed the problem.

There's a term for what you're doing, and it's, oh, about 60 years old: Russian Sympathizer.

What does it mean now? Republicans who sympathize with Putin's ridiculous claims of tangential and historical "ownership" of Ukraine.

It's a problem, because it encourages Putin if he thinks there's a faction in America, like Trump, who are cool with what's he's doing.

Probably not. Vote Republican Pete! That fixes everything for you and your merry band of morons who think that when you reach the pearly gates, G*d is only going to let straight white male Republicans into heaven. :roll:
You should know…..hopefully Putin can bring back the Soviet Union as you pine for.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:05 pm

You should know…..hopefully Putin can bring back the Soviet Union as you pine for.
Yeah, I really missed this. :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:12 pm

I thought you said you wanted the Old Soviet Union to stay intact?
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:17 pm

When the USSR flew apart & the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) was formed in it's place, I hoped, along with our national leaders, that the CIS would survive & prosper as a free & democratic Union, friendly to the West.

Unfortunately, it did not work out that way. ...though the CIS did field a great Olympic Hockey Team.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:32 pm

When the USSR flew apart & the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) was formed in it's place, I hoped, along with our national leaders, that the CIS would survive & prosper as a free & democratic Union, friendly to the West.

Unfortunately, it did not work out that way. ...though the CIS did field a great Olympic Hockey Team.
Yeah. We in the wrong. Putin in the right.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:35 pm

Those are your words, not my opinion.
I warned why Putin is doing what he is doing.
We did not take him seriously enough, soon enough.

Had the CIS developed as envisioned, Putin would likely not have come to power.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:38 pm

Yep. In know what I have been reading for 4-5 years. It’s our fault. Those folks are Russians. Putin is doing what any reasonable person would do. Hillary should have stayed out of it. You have been sympathetic for years. Read the transcript. I am not the only person that noticed it, Comrade.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:44 pm

Yep. In know what I have been reading for 4-5 years. It’s our fault. Those folks are Russians. Putin is doing what any reasonable person would do. Hillary should have stayed out of it. You have been sympathetic for years. Read the transcript. I am not the only person that noticed it, Comrade.
Your words again. (R) war hawks & new world order, neo-cons are as responsible as HRC's establishment (D)'s.
My sympathies are with the Russian people, including the Ukrainians & all the other ethnic groups who made up pre-Soviet Russia & the USSR.
You were not the only troll on this forum petty enough to mis-characterize my position & personalize a difference of opinion.
HRC was more guilty of using Russian disinformation in the 2016 election than was Trump.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:12 pm

Your words again. (R) war hawks & new world order, neo-cons are as responsible as HRC's establishment (D)'s.
My sympathies are with the Russian people, including the Ukrainians & all the other ethnic groups who made up pre-Soviet Russia & the USSR.
You were not the only troll on this forum petty enough to mis-characterize my position & personalize a difference of opinion.
HRC was more guilty of using Russian disinformation in the 2016 election than was Trump.
We all got it wrong somehow….. Strange. Own it. You were sympathetic. It’s a free country here….for now.
“I wish you would!”
DocBarrister

Putin Begs Xi for Help

Post by DocBarrister »

This is truly remarkable and a sign that Putin and Russia are in serious trouble in Ukraine.

WASHINGTON — Russia asked China to give it military equipment and support for the war in Ukraine after President Vladimir V. Putin began a full-scale invasion last month, according to U.S. officials.

Russia has also asked China for additional economic assistance, to help counteract the battering its economy has taken from broad sanctions imposed by the United States and European and Asian nations, according to an official.

American officials, determined to keep secret their means of collecting the intelligence on Russia’s requests, declined to describe further the kind of military weapons or aid that Moscow is seeking. The officials also declined to discuss any reaction by China to the requests.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/13/us/p ... raine.html

DocBarrister :shock:
@DocBarrister
Essexfenwick

Re: Putin Begs Xi for Help

Post by Essexfenwick »

DocBarrister wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:54 pm This is truly remarkable and a sign that Putin and Russia are in serious trouble in Ukraine.

WASHINGTON — Russia asked China to give it military equipment and support for the war in Ukraine after President Vladimir V. Putin began a full-scale invasion last month, according to U.S. officials.

Russia has also asked China for additional economic assistance, to help counteract the battering its economy has taken from broad sanctions imposed by the United States and European and Asian nations, according to an official.

American officials, determined to keep secret their means of collecting the intelligence on Russia’s requests, declined to describe further the kind of military weapons or aid that Moscow is seeking. The officials also declined to discuss any reaction by China to the requests.

So the worst case scenario is Russia using nukes to prevent losing. The best case is Russia, China and India creating the most populous, resource rich and economically powerful block and bring down the dollar.

Trump avoided all of this nightmare but now we have a President physically and mentally handicapped.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Putin Begs Xi for Help

DocBarrister wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:54 pm This is truly remarkable and a sign that Putin and Russia are in serious trouble in Ukraine.

Putin is the man. Those folks in The Ukraine want to be liberated.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:31 pm

We all got it wrong somehow….. Strange. Own it. You were sympathetic. It’s a free country here….for now.
My sympathies were with whatever prevented a war over Ukraine.
My sympathies remain with all who die or suffer as a result.
This was not a threat to the US.

You got your war of revenge on Russia, now sit back & enjoy it.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:04 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:31 pm

My sympathies were with whatever prevented a war over Ukraine.
My sympathies remain with all who die or suffer as a result.
This was not a threat to the US.

You got your war of revenge on Russia, now sit back & enjoy it.
USA is at war? Revenge over what? More of your “its The Americans fault”. Say hi to Captain Marko Ramius.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

The United States of America is raging a war of revenge on Russia…

Love,

Old Soviet

“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:53 pm The United States of America is raging a war of revenge on Russia…

Love,

Old Soviet
People are dying by the thousands, millions of lives disrupted, we are on the verge of a war with Russia which could engulf all of Europe,
& you see it as a source for trolling & childish score settling. Well done.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:42 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:53 pm The United States of America is raging a war of revenge on Russia…

Love,

Old Soviet
People are dying by the thousands, millions of lives disrupted, we are on the verge of a war with Russia which could engulf all of Europe,
What are you doing about it? I am just calling out your years of pacifying Ol’ Vlad….you said standing up to Russia doesn’t matter. Talked down to plain folk….mocked them….Why do you care all of a sudden? Five minutes ago you intimated it’s our fault again. You can’t help yourself. You are as bad as Trump when it comes to criticizing Putin and Russia…..I know “you get him”….
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:46 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:42 pm

Love,

Old Soviet
What are you doing about it? I am just calling out your years of pacifying Ol’ Vlad….you said standing up to Russia doesn’t matter. Talked down down to plain folk…. Why do you care all of a sudden? Five minutes ago you intimated it’s our fault again. Yoy can’t help yourself. You are as bad as Trump when it comes to criticizing Putin and Russia…..I know “you get him”….
How the F did I pacify Putin ? I have no influence, even in this piddly discussion group.

Whining about something is not "standing up to Russia". We've been meddling in Ukraine's internal politics since 2004. We engineered 2 revolutions, 2 regime changes, trained & equipped their proxy army & encouraged them to seek membership in NATO & the UN.
After they did all that, Putin reacted as he said he would. Then we feign surprise & tell our Ukrainian proxies there's nothing more we can do.
Do you think our policy in that part of the world since the end of the Cold War might have something to do with what is happening now ?
You are like the snake handler who blames the snake when it bites him.

Return to “POLITICS”