D1 Womens Lacrosse
Dr. Tact

Re: 2022 TV and Webcast Schedule

Post by Dr. Tact »

LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:49 pm
LarryGamLax wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:47 pm Anyone have an update on UVa - Syracuse? The Live Stats is frozen...again.
I have live stats, Larry, and it’s 10-5 Syracuse at the half.
You and I have the same problem SC. It's been halftime for an hour. Haha

Thanks wlaxphan20 for the update.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

LarryGamLax wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:06 pm
seacoaster wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:49 pm
LarryGamLax wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:47 pm Anyone have an update on UVa - Syracuse? The Live Stats is frozen...again.
I have live stats, Larry, and it’s 10-5 Syracuse at the half.
You and I have the same problem SC. It's been halftime for an hour. Haha

Thanks wlaxphan20 for the update.
No problem, 17-11 final.
DMac

Post by DMac »

17-11 Cuse, final.
MT with at least 5.
MB with 1.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

DMac wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:19 pm 17-11 Cuse, final.
MT with at least 5.
MB with 1.

Thanks
DMac

Post by DMac »

OuttaNowhereWregget

Sun Mar 13

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Some great matchups today. They’re different on each list because of the ppd’s from the weather and such. Too bad the spacing isn’t better but to look on the bright side, seacoaster needs a break from watching lacrosse on weekend afternoon’s to get some of the to do list caught up on.

But seriously—

The most compelling game on the slate for me is Penn at #7 Duke. Good test for both teams. Not as compelling a matchup but #16 Johns Hopkins travels to the Island to play #6 Stony Brook at noon. Two 1 o’clock games might be interesting. #11 Denver at #8 Michigan and #12 Rutgers at #21 JMU.

Here are the rest of the games.

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/media/tv-listings

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/league/WDI/calendar/2022
Dr. Tact

Re: Sun Mar 13

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:34 am Some great matchups today. They’re different on each list because of the ppd’s from the weather and such. Too bad the spacing isn’t better but to look on the bright side, seacoaster needs a break from watching lacrosse on weekend afternoon’s to get some of the to do list caught up on.

But seriously—

The most compelling game on the slate for me is Penn at #7 Duke. Good test for both teams. Not as compelling a matchup but #16 Johns Hopkins travels to the Island to play #6 Stony Brook at noon. Two 1 o’clock games might be interesting. #11 Denver at #8 Michigan and #12 Rutgers at #21 JMU.

HOP SBU would be what I would watch if I was free.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:34 am Some great matchups today. They’re different on each list because of the ppd’s from the weather and such. Too bad the spacing isn’t better but to look on the bright side, seacoaster needs a break from watching lacrosse on weekend afternoon’s to get some of the to do list caught up on.

But seriously—

Got a good deal of the list done yesterday amid all the lousy weather and snow. Ready to get back to business and sit on my brains watching lacrosse.

Agree with you both — both Penn/Duke and JHU/SBU should be fun. I think Stony Brook will beat JHU, which didn’t impress me a lot against Navy. Don’t know about Penn/Duke.

We’re going to learn a lot about Michigan today. First really good opponent since Norte Dame, and a tenacious one at that. I think Denver picks them off.
OuttaNowhereWregget

seacoaster wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:27 am I think Stony Brook will beat JHU, which didn’t impress me a lot against Navy.
Agreed. Hop better come ready for a fight or it could turn into a runaway.
seacoaster wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:27 am We’re going to learn a lot about Michigan today. First really good opponent since Norte Dame, and a tenacious one at that. I think Denver picks them off.
Very much so--big test for the Wolverines. Michigan is a similar team but I agree that Denver is better and that the Pioneers will win. I'm guessing by 3-ish.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Dr. Tact wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:06 am HOP SBU would be what I would watch if I was free.
What's your price? I'd be willing to ante up, am sure others would throw in a shilling or two to help the Dr. out too.

Dr., ESPN+ is $6.99/mo easily cancelled anytime.
Pack a couple of bologna and cheese sandwiches
for your next road trip instead of stopping at McD's
and you're even...ahead of the game actually.
OuttaNowhereWregget

DMac wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:08 am
Dr. Tact wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:06 am HOP SBU would be what I would watch if I was free.
What's your price? I'd be willing to ante up, am sure others would throw in a shilling or two to help the Dr. out too.

It is a funny premise. Definitely got a chuckle out of me this Sunday morning, D. I took what Doc wrote to mean he was busy with other commitments.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

But seriously—

I'll probably be checking in on the Rutgers/JMU game. Rutgers is really good this year, doesn't get a lot of press, and on the cusp on breaking into the top 10. I think today's game is a reality check. Same about the Michigan/Denver games, both teams flying under the radar and may be final 8 teams this year...we'll see
OuttaNowhereWregget

8meterPA wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:17 am I'll probably be checking in on the Rutgers/JMU game. Rutgers is really good this year, doesn't get a lot of press, and on the cusp on breaking into the top 10. I think today's game is a reality check.
I agree that Rutgers is better this year. I attribute a bit of that improvement to Kelly's leadership and production on offense. But I'm still looking for them to beat an upper-middle tier team. I don't think they're there yet to seriously challenge anyone in the top 5-ish; maybe not even top 10.
8meterPA wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:17 am Same about the Michigan/Denver games, both teams flying under the radar and may be final 8 teams this year...we'll see
Yeah--both teams really serious about playing good D so far. If they can eke out more scoring, they're going to give everyone they play a hard time.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Create your own spacing

One of the many benefits of paying for websites like espn+ for lacrosse is being able to create ones own spacing for viewing with the replay feature. It's not the same obviously--it loses that live aspect that always makes a game more compelling, but it's the next best thing. I rarely have ever heard an announcer give the scores from other games in progress or recently completed. Of course that could also have something to do with the fact that part of the time the announcers are so annoying that I have to turn the volume down, but that's another story. I'll use replays to space the scheduling today. Penn at Duke first, then SB/Hop, then Denver at Michigan. Rutgers at JMU at 1pm isn't being broadcast as far as I know, else I would have watched that game before DU/UM. Oh, but then one has to avoid the forum lest the result be talked about. It has its pros and cons, but ideal spacing is attainable.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:16 am

It is a funny premise. Definitely got a chuckle out of me this Sunday morning, D. I took what Doc wrote to mean he was busy with other commitments.
Yes, I was in Roanoke Virginia watching Roanoke College and York College play
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Dr. Tact wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:07 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:16 am

Yes, I was in Roanoke Virginia watching Roanoke College and York College play
They have a beautiful field
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Dr. Tact wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:55 pm Good news https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... orks/59110
Gonna be a huge recruiting tool for the teams that make
OuttaNowhereWregget

Tue Mar 15

Best matchup is Towson vs Penn St

OuttaNowhereWregget

Wed Mar 16

The best of today's games is #3 Syracuse at #13 Florida streaming at 6:30pm on YouTube. The broadcast quality can be brutal at "The Diz" so lower your expectations. Weather forecast is sunny in the low 70's.

The rest of the games here:

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”