media matters

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: media matters

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:02 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:40 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:11 pm Isn’t it more important to be self reflexive, face your own hard truths and look to improve yourself and account for blind spots than lighting up everyone else all the time as if everyone else is the only problem in your life?
I will circle back to that and answer you someday... maybe. I have faced my own hard truths face to face just as you have. If someone who does not know me wants to label me as some sort of closet neocon... then it is game on. I'm hoping that this certain person will apologize to me for his poor judgement in slapping a label on me he thought was a proper fit. I have a long list of defects of character to still address. That list does not, never has and never will include being a FRC wingnut. If that actually was the case that would be the least of my problems.
I just have you pegged as a grumpy old guy who cares about his causes and is “highly localized” in opinion and thought.

We all index people more than we should. Free will means anyone can do anything at any time.
A lot of people on this forum have me pegged as being "grumpy" I have a very long career that involves one on one interaction with the customer. In 99% of those cases the customer was angry and ticked off. I have always excelled at taking care of my customer and walking them off the ledge. The basic solution was always very simple. You tell the customer you understand the problem and why they are angry and your job is to make that problem go away. Then you carry through with your promise. I must have not as been as grumpy as you think, my technique, taught to me by and old school service technician worked for 40 years. I work part time now in a famous local Italian deli slinging deli meat. The best part of the job is schmoozing with the customers. My boss looked at me only yesterday and told me he wished he had 5 more employees just like me. I sold an older Italian woman a 2 pound tub of ricotta cheese yesterday. I asked her what she was making. We had a 5 minute conversation about the stuffed shells she was making for her husband and her moms recipe for Braciole. I love kabitzing with my customers. Maybe my alter ego exists on this forum and allows me to be grumpy. If your ever in Rochester look up that famous Italian deli, there is only one. Come up to the deli counter and i will be happy to chat with you. i can even give you the inside scoop on the best deli meats in upstate NY.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:22 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:11 pm Isn’t it more important to be self reflexive, face your own hard truths and look to improve yourself and account for blind spots than lighting up everyone else all the time as if everyone else is the only problem in your life?
I will circle back to that and answer you someday... maybe. I have faced my own hard truths face to face just as you have. If someone who does not know me wants to label me as some sort of closet neocon... then it is game on. I'm hoping that this certain person will apologize to me for his poor judgement in slapping a label on me he thought was a proper fit. I have a long list of defects of character to still address. That list does not, never has and never will include being a FRC wingnut. If that actually was the case that would be the least of my problems.
I just have you pegged as a grumpy old guy who cares about his causes and is “highly localized” in opinion and thought.

We all index people more than we should. Free will means anyone can do anything at any time.
A lot of people on this forum have me pegged as being "grumpy" I have a very long career that involves one on one interaction with the customer. In 99% of those cases the customer was angry and ticked off. I have always excelled at taking care of my customer and walking them off the ledge. The basic solution was always very simple. You tell the customer you understand the problem and why they are angry and your job is to make that problem go away. Then you carry through with your promise. I must have not as been as grumpy as you think, my technique, taught to me by and old school service technician worked for 40 years. I work part time now in a famous local Italian deli slinging deli meat. The best part of the job is schmoozing with the customers. My boss looked at me only yesterday and told me he wished he had 5 more employees just like me. I sold an older Italian woman a 2 pound tub of ricotta cheese yesterday. I asked her what she was making. We had a 5 minute conversation about the stuffed shells she was making for her husband and her moms recipe for Braciole. I love kabitzing with my customers. Maybe my alter ego exists on this forum and allows me to be grumpy. If your ever in Rochester look up that famous Italian deli, there is only one. Come up to the deli counter and i will be happy to chat with you. i can even give you the inside scoop on the best deli meats in upstate NY.
I need more corned beef in my life. (Have some in fridge but powers out this am). Where does Nick Tahoe get his garbage plate meat, pet euthanasia facility?

Maybe you’ve decided you want to be the customer now and we are supposed to be your service providers? Hated the gig?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

RedFromMI wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:07 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:26 pm
(omitted stuff from my post)

My personal take on Tucker with respect to Ukraine is he’s incorrect here. I’m open to further facts, but I’m Team Ukraine. Tucker has earned a mulligan. He’s been far more correct for so long. But he and I can respectfully disagree. Republicans are okay with civil disagreement.

I’m not Team Rupar, whose selective editing of videos and comical liberal bias has made him a laughingstock of media including his own side.
Carlson AND Greenwald are doing nothing here but parroting the Russian disinformation, which from my sources look like they are coming directly from the infamous Russian Internet Research Agency. And that is VERY typical of Carlson (and nowadays) Greenwald.

And you have to try and besmirch the messenger, because he is quite correct here in pointing out how in the bag these guys are.

Tucker is almost never close to correct, and the variance with his presentations and facts are pointed out all the time. He is white supremacist in the orientation of his show, and is constantly putting forth lies.

But if you think he is _more_ correct, you have some logical faults in your thinking.

Oh and BTW, how is that civil disagreement with those few gutsy Rs that voted to impeach Trump? Or refused to side with insurrection and allow the correct EC votes of the states be entered on Jan 6? I have seen little evidence of allowance of ANY disagreement there - if you aren't all in Trump on the past election, you better not say so...

The only two members of the Republican Party who have lost wide support are Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger. All others are in great standing within the party.

Now, why do Republicans despise these two?

1. Both have no other talking points other than Trump…they have no other ideas.
2. Both have repeatedly accepted offers to appear on state television MSNBC etc (to bash the entire Party)
3. Neither has generated personal relationships with other members
4. They confuse Trump for the Party, hence smoother media hacks easily get these two nitwits to disparage the entire Party
5. Both adore the Washington Establishment…this is the very antithesis of the base of the Party

All of us would much prefer Liz and Adam to make a permanent switch to the DNC…that’s their natural home.

Any other Republican who voted against or was critical of Trump, including notably Nancy Mace, continue to receive significant support from Party donors and fellow politicians.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Wow. Hard to believe, but a new low in dumb. Boycott Stupid.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:27 am Wow. Hard to believe, but a new low in dumb. Boycott Stupid.

Check out your man Adam’s Twitter for the last 24 hours. It’s pure TDS and ‘let’s go to war’. Honestly, something is off about this guy.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:27 am Wow. Hard to believe, but a new low in dumb. Boycott Stupid.
+1
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:58 am

I need more corned beef in my life. (Have some in fridge but powers out this am). Where does Nick Tahoe get his garbage plate meat, pet euthanasia facility?

Maybe you’ve decided you want to be the customer now and we are supposed to be your service providers? Hated the gig?
I have no idea where Alex Tahou purchases his meat. His old man was supplied by Zwiegles. You are referencing the Tahou "garbage plate" The trademark registered " garbage plate" originated in the mid 1930s. It was a meal desiegned to fill your belly on the cheap. The garbage plate earns its name. A mountain of home fries, grandma brown beans, mac salad topped with cheeseburgers/ hot dogs topped with Tahou meat hot sauce and stale bread and butter. The garbage plate was hugely popular from all of those drunk RIT college students who would show up at 3am, scarf down a plate and then puke it all up in the parking lot. Sadly Tahous stopped being a 24/7 operation years ago. Too many late night brawls and too much criminal activity late at night. Alex Tahou is fed up. The iconic restaurant and building is up for sale. HINT.. this could be a good investment for a guy like you.. check it out.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:51 am

I have no idea where Alex Tahou purchases his meat. His old man was supplied by Zwiegles. You are referencing the Tahou "garbage plate" The trademark registered " garbage plate" originated in the mid 1930s. It was a meal desiegned to fill your belly on the cheap. The garbage plate earns its name. A mountain of home fries, grandma brown beans, mac salad topped with cheeseburgers/ hot dogs topped with Tahou meat hot sauce and stale bread and butter. The garbage plate was hugely popular from all of those drunk RIT college students who would show up at 3am, scarf down a plate and then puke it all up in the parking lot. Sadly Tahous stopped being a 24/7 operation years ago. Too many late night brawls and too much criminal activity late at night. Alex Tahou is fed up. The iconic restaurant and building is up for sale. HINT.. this could be a good investment for a guy like you.. check it out.
Didn’t know they closed. See I’m old like you. Have perhaps been around a fight or two late night there myself. (remember I grew up partly/mostly in upstate and had college friends all over CNY/WNY where it’s always more fun to get wrecked on your buddies campus while visiting than your own).

That plate is gross even drunk.

I’ll look into the sticks and bricks-don’t care about the operating business as those types of restaurants are a dime a dozen even if they seem charming locally. Only one I can think of that’s entrenched is The varsity down here in Atlanta and Ben’s Chili Bowl in DC (that food sucks as well) . Honestly I see more growth and positive trajectory for CRE in Buffalo than Roch these days notwithstanding the vast number of colleges in the Roch area. Though I wonder if Naz and St John Fisher can survive the culling of NE colleges that will happen over the next two decades as demographics kill many small, poorly endowed colleges that don’t have strong value propositions. Buffalo has had some decent employment growth in areas that aren’t fully automatable are portfolio management and servicing and other positive aspects. Unfortunately see less for Roch at the moment.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

My deli specializes in Boars Head meats. The finest deli meats around. Look em up on line. Our Boars Head London Broil Roast Beef is 18.95 a pound and people buy it like crazy. I love the gig, close to home and the customers love the product. What type of prosciutto do you like?? San Daniele imported Italian procuitto is 21.95 a pound. Aged for 18 months in sea salt. No other preservatives, it has been made the same way for many, many years. You can also buy DiParma proscuitto, Toscano prosciutto, Italian imported procuitto and the cheap stuff, the domestic prosciutto for only 12.95 a pound.. how about some Boars Head uncured natural casing Soppresatta?? 18.95 a pound sliced paper thin. How about some Battistoni Genoa Salami, some Hot Sicilian Salami, some Hard Salami, Sandwich Pepperoni ( popular for fresh pepperoni bread) You can't forget the best Cappacola around.. sweet Cappy, mild Cappy and extra hot. San Paulo sweet and hot Soppresatta, The house hot and mild Soppresatta a half dozen different Abruzzi course and fine pepperoni, you can't leave out the Guanciale, the prime rib of pig fat. I do love the gig. In an Italian deli do not ever confuse Bacala for Backlava... If you like snails... then babbalooch is preferred over escargot.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:09 am

Didn’t know they closed. See I’m old like you. Have perhaps been around a fight or two late night there myself. (remember I grew up partly/mostly in upstate and had college friends all over CNY/WNY where it’s always more fun to get wrecked on your buddies campus while visiting than your own).

I’ll look into the sticks and bricks-don’t care about the operating business as those types of restaurants are a dime a dozen even if they seem charming locally. Only one I can think of that’s entrenched is The varsity down here in Atlanta and Ben’s Chili Bowl in DC (that food sucks as well) . Honestly I see more growth and positive trajectory for CRE in Buffalo than Roch these days notwithstanding the vast number of colleges in the Roch area. Though I wonder if Naz and St John Fisher can survive the culling of NE colleges that will happen over the next two decades as demographics kill many small, poorly endowed colleges that don’t have strong value propositions. Buffalo has had some decent employment growth in areas that aren’t fully automatable are portfolio management and servicing and other positive aspects. Unfortunately see less for Roch at the moment.
Tahous is still open. The business is nothing. The building is what impressed me. It is an old train station depot. IMO to the right people it is a gem.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

https://www.whec.com/rochester-new-york ... e/6030084/

I love old buildings and this one has huge potential. The city of Rochester is filling in the northern end of the interloop. I hope you do take a look at it.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:17 am

My deli specializes in Boars Head meats. The finest deli meats around. Look em up on line. Our Boars Head London Broil Roast Beef is 18.95 a pound and people buy it like crazy. I love the gig, close to home and the customers love the product. What type of prosciutto do you like?? San Daniele imported Italian procuitto is 21.95 a pound. Aged for 18 months in sea salt. No other preservatives, it has been made the same way for many, many years. You can also buy DiParma proscuitto, Toscano prosciutto, Italian imported procuitto and the cheap stuff, the domestic prosciutto for only 12.95 a pound.. how about some Boars Head uncured natural casing Soppresatta?? 18.95 a pound sliced paper thin. How about some Battistoni Genoa Salami, some Hot Sicilian Salami, some Hard Salami, Sandwich Pepperoni ( popular for fresh pepperoni bread) You can't forget the best Cappacola around.. sweet Cappy, mild Cappy and extra hot. San Paulo sweet and hot Soppresatta, The house hot and mild Soppresatta a half dozen different Abruzzi course and fine pepperoni, you can't leave out the Guanciale, the prime rib of pig fat. I do love the gig. In an Italian deli do not ever confuse Bacala for Backlava... If you like snails... then babbalooch is preferred over escargot.
Love boars head but can’t justify $11-$14/lb these days at my local publix.

Only buy various salami/pepperoni types of meats occasionally gotta keep that sexy figure so while I love a lot of that I stick to Turkey/Ham/Roast Beef mainly.

Did have corned beef hash w eggs over easy, black beans substituted for grits and slapped it all on some wheat toast w a healthy couple of shakes of hot sauce. Let it all bleed into the toast. That’s livin! L..I..V..I..N

(grits-what a joke of a food, if it’s only good w cheese, butter and sausage/bacon it’s not good it’s a waste of stomach space)
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:49 am

I love old buildings and this one has huge potential. The city of Rochester is filling in the northern end of the interloop. I hope you do take a look at it.
I’ll check it out. Those old train stations can be tough to renovate and revenant. Binghamton has one that’s traded hands to young Brooklyn dudes who like upstate real estate because it’s so cheap and it works early in the cycle, not so much later in the cycle.

Some assets are worth less than the land. Some the land has no value. Last thing I was involved w around Roch was financing some Paychex tenanted properties probably close to 15yrs ago. Need positive demographics or be such a leasing pro as to get a long term lease with certain tenants (Amazon, data centers, utility companies)
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

(posted 2x)
Last edited by Peter Brown on Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:39 am, edited 5 times in total.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:38 am

I’ll check it out. Those old train stations can be tough to renovate and revenant. Binghamton has one that’s traded hands to young Brooklyn dudes who like upstate real estate because it’s so cheap and it works early in the cycle, not so much later in the cycle.

Some assets are worth less than the land. Some the land has no value. Last thing I was involved w around Roch was financing some Paychex tenanted properties probably close to 15yrs ago. Need positive demographics or be such a leasing pro as to get a long term lease with certain tenants (Amazon, data centers, utility companies)
I hope you do. It could be a money pit. It is located in a part of downtown Rochester that is really turning around. It is just a beautiful old historic building. I have done alot of work inside. I have no idea what the upper floors look like. They have been boarded up for as long as I can remember.
Bob Ross:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

On CNN this morning, Abby Phillip was discussing Florida (this is the new TDS :lol: ) and the recent bill outlawing discussions of sex and gender identity prior to 4th grade.

She referenced a poll that suggests that 62% of Americans want sex ed taught to young schoolchildren prior to 3rd grade,

Now, I don’t know much in life, that’s sure, and I do have a VERY jaundiced view of media, but I do know one thing and it’s got nothing to do with earned suspicion of media:

In no universe are 62% of Americans demanding that sex ed and gender identity be taught to young children prior to 3rd grade! Ummm, not even close.

If you think that, I’d suggest getting out of your house and meeting actual parents. I can assure you, Latinos are sprinting away from Democrats as fast as they can.

So if National Democrats want to hitch their ride to this loser and beyond bizarre strategy, that sex ed and gender identity should be taught in kindergartners, feel free I guess. Not sure what the strategy is, but hey, it’s your party.

One problem with media is the political side of media tries to hide behind the more noble war journalists who put themselves out there. Abby is purposely torpedoing Democrats chances this fall.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:11 am (posted 2x)
Sometimes that happens from phone, either initial post or revisions/edit. Then I can’t delete them. Oh well.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:11 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:38 am

I hope you do. It could be a money pit. It is located in a part of downtown Rochester that is really turning around. It is just a beautiful old historic building. I have done alot of work inside. I have no idea what the upper floors look like. They have been boarded up for as long as I can remember.
This is a cool adaptive reuse of a old police precinct in Cincinnati. Good steaks as well (much better than St Elmo in Indianapolis by regional comparison)

https://www.jeffruby.com/precinct
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

It's kind of staggering that Fox is mourning the deaths of two of its journalists on the ground in Ukraine while allowing the Treason Trio and their guests to spread pro-Kremlin talking points and misinformation. And no one seems to care. Just bizarre.

https://twitter.com/JenGriffinFNC/statu ... 3182804996

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/stat ... 1695819779

Here's another tribute to the FNC personnel who died in Ukraine reporting on the war:

https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/1503879055468335104
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:34 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:17 am

Love boars head but can’t justify $11-$14/lb these days at my local publix.

Only buy various salami/pepperoni types of meats occasionally gotta keep that sexy figure so while I love a lot of that I stick to Turkey/Ham/Roast Beef mainly.

Did have corned beef hash w eggs over easy, black beans substituted for grits and slapped it all on some wheat toast w a healthy couple of shakes of hot sauce. Let it all bleed into the toast. That’s livin! L..I..V..I..N

(grits-what a joke of a food, if it’s only good w cheese, butter and sausage/bacon it’s not good it’s a waste of stomach space)
Funny you mention grits. When I arrived at Ft Benning for basic training grits were served every morning in the mess hall for breakfast. I treated them like any Yankee would, like oatmeal. I put milk and sugar on them. Them southern boys gave me a rash of chit. Grits and gravy is traditional, I get that now. My wife loves grits, they don't do a damn thing for me. My favorite down south dish... Sausage gravy over fresh buttermilk biscuits. It don't get no better than that. A fried egg on top is the cherry on the sundae..
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”