media matters

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: media matters

Post by Peter Brown »

In more revealing Democratic perversions of journalism comes this absolutely depressing article from Rolling Stone (libs like this magazine, right?) about how Cuomo’s former press secretary engineered appearances and questions for him on CNN (her employer) to make him look good and Trump bad. The head of CNN was in on the game, too.

Just more evidence how broken our media is (always recall the same leftist media always calls for other voices to be shut down).

On the rainy morning of March 28, 2020, President Trump addressed a phalanx of journalists outside the White House following a call with New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo. “There’s a possibility that sometime today, we’ll do a quarantine — short-term, two weeks — of New York, probably New Jersey, and certain parts of Connecticut,” he said while clutching his umbrella. “This would be an enforceable quarantine. You know, I’d rather not do it, but we may need it.”

Hours later, Cuomo was asked during his daily press conference about Trump’s comments. “From a medical point of view, I don’t know what you’d be accomplishing,” he offered with a shrug.

But as sunset approached, the governor appeared on CNN with a much more forceful assessment, predicting that a quarantine would unleash “chaos and mayhem” in the tristate area, and homing in on the financial implications of such a move. “I think it would paralyze the economy,” he said. “I think it would shock the economic markets in a way we’ve never seen before.”

CNN anchor Ana Cabrera teed up a seemingly tailor-made question: “What would this mean for the stock market? Would it have to shut down?”
“Oh, it would drop like a stone,” Cuomo insisted. “That would drop this economy in a way that wouldn’t recover for months, if not years.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/cu ... p-1319698/

And you guys keep referencing liberal media as reliable but conservative media as biased. :lol: :lol: :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Re: "I am not suicidal "

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:06 am I j
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:33 am
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:54 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:28 am
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:19 am
seacoaster wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:30 am She's smart, informed and very facile with the press. The name calling just suggests a phobia of women like that. In 2022, that's pretty sad.
You would be more fun if you had principles, but you don't have any.

Take some time to self reflect and looks deep within ones self, than to others.

Name calling........directed at women.....IS sad.

Than, why do you partake in name calling, of women, if you think it is sad, ? Seacoaster? You certainly never scold those , that do, that post here.

OH>>>>>>>right........hate and name calling is OK.......

hate monger, juicy smullette, yelled repeatadeatley......in court, after being sented to JAIL for a couple of months " I am not suicidal" after his sentencing.

The very experienced judge, words toward Mr. Smollette, were focused on principles too.

If I were a justin rude-OH type, I would "freeze" everyones bank account, who social media'd and supported this POS. Take about spreading misinformation and hate ....dangerous still. garbage Nation of Islam types are losing their minds over the length of the sentence.
Do you have a post of seacoaster's you can quote in which he was calling a woman a hateful or insulting name?

If not, then you're off base with your personal attack.

Don't understand your pivot to Smollett, Nation of Islam, whatever that was about, but you needn't reply.
Well, you, mdlaxfan, would have to set those "groundrules", b/c I haven't the foggeist as to what YOU consider hateful, or insulting names are.

References to WOMAN........with statements like "you can't put lipstick on a pig " or other variants of same, insulting phrase....which continues to pervade "opion " pieces, posted by seacoaster, and others, when referencing certain women. Like Sarah Palin.

But, we already know, that posting a NY Times article,.......IS not an endorsement of insulting comments :roll: ...or, IS it just cool to insult certain "types" of women. Which IS it, mdlaxfan?

and frankly, unfunny Seinfeld IS one of the most mysogynistic shows around.. Oh....yeah, ELAINE , portrayed as a shallow sleep around gold digger stereo type....oh, and JErry's boob, breast, cleavage comedica GO TO........IS so cool.

I think seinfeld show is hateful to woman.....now what :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQNkeugaAMc

wow.......so funny......real breasts, real specktackyouloore. woof woof....mantown, here we come.
Show us a post by seacoaster insulting a woman by calling her an insulting, hateful name... or else apologize. Real simple.

Your definition of such. Show us or apologize.
I literally just did provide you "proof", based on "my definition" (see bold above ) Easy to find seacoaster's nytimes link: yup, hate towards women, by proxy.

mdlaxfan, do you post links you endorse or generally support. Or, IS your thing, to be a contrarian and look at things with different aspects and angles , posting "things the GOP does right" links ;)
Show us his specific post, RRR, not just more accusations...or apologize.

Apologies really aren't that hard, you just need to acknowledge an error and be genuinely sorry. Mistakes happen.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:06 pm In more revealing Democratic perversions of journalism comes this absolutely depressing article from Rolling Stone (libs like this magazine, right?) about how Cuomo’s former press secretary engineered appearances and questions for him on CNN (her employer) to make him look good and Trump bad. The head of CNN was in on the game, too.

Just more evidence how broken our media is (always recall the same leftist media always calls for other voices to be shut down).

On the rainy morning of March 28, 2020, President Trump addressed a phalanx of journalists outside the White House following a call with New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo. “There’s a possibility that sometime today, we’ll do a quarantine — short-term, two weeks — of New York, probably New Jersey, and certain parts of Connecticut,” he said while clutching his umbrella. “This would be an enforceable quarantine. You know, I’d rather not do it, but we may need it.”

Hours later, Cuomo was asked during his daily press conference about Trump’s comments. “From a medical point of view, I don’t know what you’d be accomplishing,” he offered with a shrug.

But as sunset approached, the governor appeared on CNN with a much more forceful assessment, predicting that a quarantine would unleash “chaos and mayhem” in the tristate area, and homing in on the financial implications of such a move. “I think it would paralyze the economy,” he said. “I think it would shock the economic markets in a way we’ve never seen before.”

CNN anchor Ana Cabrera teed up a seemingly tailor-made question: “What would this mean for the stock market? Would it have to shut down?”
“Oh, it would drop like a stone,” Cuomo insisted. “That would drop this economy in a way that wouldn’t recover for months, if not years.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/cu ... p-1319698/

And you guys keep referencing liberal media as reliable but conservative media as biased. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The more I think about this RS article, the more it burns me that Democrats won’t call out the insane levels of liberal media partisanship. It’s absolutely outrageous.

And now seeing all major cable and broadcasting networks literally bidding on Psaki’s services…. 😡

Total state television yet Democrats claim they’re ‘factual’. :roll:
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Factual like these guys?

(From Aaron Rupar's Twitter feed a few moments ago analyzing last night's Tucker Carlson's show):
You probably think it's impossible to defend Putin's brutal, senseless war in Ukraine. And you're right. But Tucker Carlson is really trying! Let's take a look at last night's show.

Carlson opened w/claims about Biden "funding a number of secret bio labs in Ukraine" conducting "experiments on highly dangerous pathogens." These claims, which have been pushed by Russian media, are false. The US has worked w/Ukrainian labs, but on normal public health research.

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/15 ... mp4?tag=12

As the NYT explains, Carlson is conflating Ukrainian biodefense labs with biological weapons facilities. Ukraine has the former. It does not have the latter.

https://t.co/jxXUMq5iCE

Carlson, no doubt aware of him flimsy his claims are, almost immediately moved the goalposts. His monologue culminated with insinuations that any sort of scientific research on deadly pathogens is inherently suspicious.

Tucker then brought on Glenn Greenwald, who he described as "an expert on detecting deception." (lol) Glenn immediately echoed Carlson's distorted claims about the US government and biolabs in Ukraine.

Greenwald's interview ended with him layering distortion upon distortion and suggesting the US is funding biolabs in Ukraine because it wants "to be provocative toward the Russians" -- a talking point also pushed by the Kremlin

Carlson then pivoted to wrestling with strawmen who want the US to start world war 3 with Russia. But the only example of a pro-no fly zone elected official he cited was Republican Rep. Maria Elvira Salazar.

One person calling for a no-fly zone immediately became "INCREASED CALLS FOR A NO-FLY ZONE." Transparent dishonesty.

"It's not the only suffering in the world" -- Tucker Carlson on Ukraine

Carlson then accused Kamala Harris of "inciting" Russia's invasion of Ukraine. All of the above happened before the first commercial break.

Later in the show, Carlson returned to the Ukraine topic, and insisted sanctions against Putin are bad because they're not deterring him and will just make him angry at the US

maybe just don't brutally invade your neighbors for no reason -- you won't have to worry about sanctions then

Note how Tucker Carlson never goes as far as to explicitly defend Putin -- he's anti-anti-Putin. But the effect is the same. The US antagonized Russia, incited the invasion, is going too far in responding to it, etc. Meanwhile, the suffering of the Ukrainian people is minimized.

The most-watched cable news host in America, parroting Kremlin talking points to own the libs. It's no wonder Russian state TV loves him.
@JuliaDavisNews twitter: Not a day without Tucker Carlson on #Russia's state TV. Here's another clip being used by the Russians to promote their disinformation about #Ukraine allegedly creating "bio-weapons" in its lab. #TuckyoRose delivers again.

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:02 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:49 am I think Jen Sake will do just fine when she leaves her present gig. Her arrogant, condescending self righteous nature will make her a perfect fit over at MSNBC. I never said she was not smart. I know a lot of smart people who are not likeable for a number of reasons. Jen Sake is one of them. If memory serves me correct there were a number of posters on this forum who made MANY unflattering comments about Sarah Sanders looks and her intelligence. That is different of course. :roll: her asinine catch phrase of " I'll circle back to that" is a hoot. When has she ever circled back to answer any question she could not answer? That could be the title of her MSNBC gig... Circling Back with Sake... :lol:
I thought you never watched?

Could it be that you don't have a clue?
It could be you have no reading comprehension. Maybe your Cream of Wheat was cold and lumpy this morning, I don't know why you are so feisty today. For the umpteenth time i don't have cable TV. I purchased my own outdoor antenna, climbed up on my roof, ran the new cable down to the old cable splitter in the basement. I have 42 channels on any given day of antenna TV. You might be surprised that our local network news at 6:30 often plays clips of Jen Sake doing her schtick in the press conferences. If you payed attention to your interweb she is leaving her job and rumor has it that MSNBC and probably CNN are dangling very lucrative offers in front of her. Some of the best news i watch on TV is the news station out of Toronto. I understand your a Sake fan, i am not. The woman is snarky and mean and arrogant and she will find a home on one of those 24 hour news channels that will pay her a boatload full of money... good for her, they will love her where ever she winds up. The fact we disagree about Jen Sake does not make me clueless. Since we disagree i will circle back to you on this topic sometime soon. Who knows, maybe in true Jen Sake fashion I will pretend this conversation of ours never happened. :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:08 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:49 am I think Jen Sake will do just fine when she leaves her present gig. Her arrogant, condescending self righteous nature will make her a perfect fit over at MSNBC. I never said she was not smart. I know a lot of smart people who are not likeable for a number of reasons. Jen Sake is one of them. If memory serves me correct there were a number of posters on this forum who made MANY unflattering comments about Sarah Sanders looks and her intelligence. That is different of course. :roll: her asinine catch phrase of " I'll circle back to that" is a hoot. When has she ever circled back to answer any question she could not answer? That could be the title of her MSNBC gig... Circling Back with Sake... :lol:

It could be you have no reading comprehension. Maybe your Cream of Wheat was cold and lumpy this morning, I don't know why you are so feisty today. For the umpteenth time i don't have cable TV. I purchased my own outdoor antenna, climbed up on my roof, ran the new cable down to the old cable splitter in the basement. I have 42 channels on any given day of antenna TV. You might be surprised that our local network news at 6:30 often plays clips of Jen Sake doing her schtick in the press conferences. If you payed attention to your interweb she is leaving her job and rumor has it that MSNBC and probably CNN are dangling very lucrative offers in front of her. Some of the best news i watch on TV is the news station out of Toronto. I understand your a Sake fan, i am not. The woman is snarky and mean and arrogant and she will find a home on one of those 24 hour news channels that will pay her a boatload full of money... good for her, they will love her where ever she winds up. The fact we disagree about Jen Sake does not make me clueless. Since we disagree i will circle back to you on this topic sometime soon. Who knows, maybe in true Jen Sake fashion I will pretend this conversation of ours never happened. :roll:
My mistake, I don't think I'd understood that you do watch the channels, just not through a "cable".

Bottomline, you just are a right winger who won't come out and admit it.

The "Sake" stuff reminds of you "Buzzi" stuff with RBG...

Yeah, I think she's very smart, has a quick wit, and is quite competent. Also, she does a darn good job of avoiding outright dishonesty, even when uncomfortable. Hugely refreshing after her immediate predecessors.

That said, it's a tough gig that certainly won't please all viewers and I'm sure her being strong and tough is off-putting to lots of people. Apparently that translates to "snarky and mean and arrogant" for you.

Not me.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:30 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:49 am I think Jen Sake will do just fine when she leaves her present gig. Her arrogant, condescending self righteous nature will make her a perfect fit over at MSNBC. I never said she was not smart. I know a lot of smart people who are not likeable for a number of itreasons. Jen Sake is one of them. If memory serves me correct there were a number of posters on this forum who made MANY unflattering comments about Sarah Sanders looks and her intelligence. That is different of course. :roll: her asinine catch phrase of " I'll circle back to that" is a hoot. When has she ever circled back to answer any question she could not answer? That could be the title of her MSNBC gig... Circling Back with Sake... :lol:

My mistake, I don't think I'd understood that you do watch the channels, just not through a "cable".

Yeah, I think she's very smart, has a quick wit, and is quite competent. Also, she does a darn good job of avoiding outright dishonesty, even when uncomfortable. Hugely refreshing after her immediate predecessors.

That said, it's a tough gig that certainly won't please all viewers and I'm sure her being strong and tough is off-putting to lots of people. Apparently that translates to "snarky and mean and arrogant" for you.

Not me.
If I was a right winger why would I be bashful about admitting it? I have no problem at all telling people what I think. We disagree about how we interpret the way Jen Sake comes across. You want some honesty, I think Sarah Sanders was just as abrasive and obnoxious when she was press secretary to the dumpster. She was also mocked and ridiculed by many of your "friends" on this forum mainly for being fat and not very intelligent. I don't recall you ever defending her as vociferously as you defend Jen Sake. I do believe in poetic justice. There is a good chance while some of the knuckleheads on this forum are picking their nose and scratching their arses that Sarah Sanders is probably going to be the next governor of the state some guy named Bill use to run. That must just tick them off to no end? ;)
Since you brought up Buzz I won't apologize for my disdain for her temperament while on the court. I understand she is a FLP icon right up there with Susan B Anthony.. whose grave I have visited and whose house on Madison St I have driven by a hundred times. I have listened to Buzzi on those CSPAN late night broadcasts of SCOTUS justices hearing cases. She and Scalia had one thing in common they both were impatient and rude when listening to lawyers. Scalia was just much more vocal and impatient. If you were a lawyer arguing your case in front of Buzzi and she was not buying what you were selling, she was one vote you would never get. Sorry there but Buzzi, despite her reputation could be very mean and nasty if she disagreed with the lawyer arguing in front of her.

FTR MD, I'm not as effing stupid as you think I am. I am also not the FRC neanderthal that you believe. My best friend in SC is like yourself a lifelong Republican. I've ripped him brutally for years. You just don't see my other side. Your preconceived notion tells you I'm what you think I am. IMO you as a pimple faced young teenager who was a Nixon accolade has already laid your own groundwork for using poor judgement. Where I was raised Richard Nixon was always a POS...
Bob Ross:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

RedFromMI wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:49 pm Factual like these guys?

(From Aaron Rupar's Twitter feed a few moments ago analyzing last night's Tucker Carlson's show):
You probably think it's impossible to defend Putin's brutal, senseless war in Ukraine. And you're right. But Tucker Carlson is really trying! Let's take a look at last night's show.

Carlson opened w/claims about Biden "funding a number of secret bio labs in Ukraine" conducting "experiments on highly dangerous pathogens." These claims, which have been pushed by Russian media, are false. The US has worked w/Ukrainian labs, but on normal public health research.

As the NYT explains, Carlson is conflating Ukrainian biodefense labs with biological weapons facilities. Ukraine has the former. It does not have the latter.

https://t.co/jxXUMq5iCE

Carlson, no doubt aware of him flimsy his claims are, almost immediately moved the goalposts. His monologue culminated with insinuations that any sort of scientific research on deadly pathogens is inherently suspicious.

Tucker then brought on Glenn Greenwald, who he described as "an expert on detecting deception." (lol) Glenn immediately echoed Carlson's distorted claims about the US government and biolabs in Ukraine.

Greenwald's interview ended with him layering distortion upon distortion and suggesting the US is funding biolabs in Ukraine because it wants "to be provocative toward the Russians" -- a talking point also pushed by the Kremlin

Carlson then pivoted to wrestling with strawmen who want the US to start world war 3 with Russia. But the only example of a pro-no fly zone elected official he cited was Republican Rep. Maria Elvira Salazar.

One person calling for a no-fly zone immediately became "INCREASED CALLS FOR A NO-FLY ZONE." Transparent dishonesty.

"It's not the only suffering in the world" -- Tucker Carlson on Ukraine

Carlson then accused Kamala Harris of "inciting" Russia's invasion of Ukraine. All of the above happened before the first commercial break.

Later in the show, Carlson returned to the Ukraine topic, and insisted sanctions against Putin are bad because they're not deterring him and will just make him angry at the US

maybe just don't brutally invade your neighbors for no reason -- you won't have to worry about sanctions then

Note how Tucker Carlson never goes as far as to explicitly defend Putin -- he's anti-anti-Putin. But the effect is the same. The US antagonized Russia, incited the invasion, is going too far in responding to it, etc. Meanwhile, the suffering of the Ukrainian people is minimized.

The most-watched cable news host in America, parroting Kremlin talking points to own the libs. It's no wonder Russian state TV loves him.
@JuliaDavisNews twitter: Not a day without Tucker Carlson on #Russia's state TV. Here's another clip being used by the Russians to promote their disinformation about #Ukraine allegedly creating "bio-weapons" in its lab. #TuckyoRose delivers again.

My personal take on Tucker with respect to Ukraine is he’s incorrect here. I’m open to further facts, but I’m Team Ukraine. Tucker has earned a mulligan. He’s been far more correct for so long. But he and I can respectfully disagree. Republicans are okay with civil disagreement.

I’m not Team Rupar, whose selective editing of videos and comical liberal bias has made him a laughingstock of media including his own side.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:50 am rrr:
> Complains about name calling
> juicy smullette

Smollett seems to have a lot of mental problems yes, but the name calling hypocrisy is hilarious.
He calls others hypocrites and is hypocritical all the time. When intelligible.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:00 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:49 am I think Jen Sake will do just fine when she leaves her present gig. Her arrogant, condescending self righteous nature will make her a perfect fit over at MSNBC. I never said she was not smart. I know a lot of smart people who are not likeable for a number of itreasons. Jen Sake is one of them. If memory serves me correct there were a number of posters on this forum who made MANY unflattering comments about Sarah Sanders looks and her intelligence. That is different of course. :roll: her asinine catch phrase of " I'll circle back to that" is a hoot. When has she ever circled back to answer any question she could not answer? That could be the title of her MSNBC gig... Circling Back with Sake... :lol:

Not me.
If I was a right winger why would I be bashful about admitting it? I have no problem at all telling people what I think. We disagree about how we interpret the way Jen Sake comes across. You want some honesty, I think Sarah Sanders was just as abrasive and obnoxious when she was press secretary to the dumpster. She was also mocked and ridiculed by many of your "friends" on this forum mainly for being fat and not very intelligent. I don't recall you ever defending her as vociferously as you defend Jen Sake. I do believe in poetic justice. There is a good chance while some of the knuckleheads on this forum are picking their nose and scratching their arses that Sarah Sanders is probably going to be the next governor of the state some guy named Bill use to run. That must just tick them off to no end? ;)
Since you brought up Buzz I won't apologize for my disdain for her temperament while on the court. I understand she is a FLP icon right up there with Susan B Anthony.. whose grave I have visited and whose house on Madison St I have driven by a hundred times. I have listened to Buzzi on those CSPAN late night broadcasts of SCOTUS justices hearing cases. She and Scalia had one thing in common they both were impatient and rude when listening to lawyers. Scalia was just much more vocal and impatient. If you were a lawyer arguing your case in front of Buzzi and she was not buying what you were selling, she was one vote you would never get. Sorry there but Buzzi, despite her reputation could be very mean and nasty if she disagreed with the lawyer arguing in front of her.

FTR MD, I'm not as effing stupid as you think I am. I am also not the FRC neanderthal that you believe. My best friend in SC is like yourself a lifelong Republican. I've ripped him brutally for years. You just don't see my other side. Your preconceived notion tells you I'm what you think I am. IMO you as a pimple faced young teenager who was a Nixon accolade has already laid your own groundwork for using poor judgement. Where I was raised Richard Nixon was always a POS...

This is a very well written post.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:26 pm
> juicy smullette

Smollett seems to have a lot of mental problems yes, but the name calling hypocrisy is hilarious.

Disregarding your opinions of RRR, what’s amazing about Jussie (like many wokesters) was willing to falsely implicate another human being for a fake hate crime, subjecting that innocent person to decades in prison and ruining his and his family’s life, plus Jussie was willing to subject an entire city to looting and chaos due to his fake hate crime. Amazing.

Will Democrats ever understand the toxicity of their platform?
Last edited by Peter Brown on Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:17 am
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:59 am
> juicy smullette

more show about the show.

NOPE.......complained about seacoaster complaining.

sequence of events, who complained first ?

people can use language, however they feel. I always call that criminal Bush......shrub. always try to spell Trumps name this way: tRump........out loud, it would sound like Rump.....as in a$$.

your take is I don't use "names", or I am calling out seacoaster, for calling out peter.

ahuh......show about the show.

did you twaat or fecesbook, support for Juicy, days after the "event" come on, be honest......
No one can understand the points you're trying to make 99% of the time. They don't translate to paper. You said name calling is sad, then called someone else a name.

You're the only one I support on twitter and facebook.
Method Man and Missy Elliot are jealous of Trups.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WXhj0nGmzoc
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:30 pm
> juicy smullette

Disregarding your opinions of RRR, what’s amazing about Jussie (like many wokesters) was willing to falsely implicate another human being for a fake hate crime, subjecting that innocent person to decades in prison and ruining his and his family’s life, plus Jussie was willing to subject an entire city to looting and chaos due to his fake hate crime. Amazing.

It makes no sense to equate one crazy dude with an entire cohort
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:51 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:30 pm
> juicy smullette

It makes no sense to equate one crazy dude with an entire cohort

Do you realize how many Democratic politicians and media stars (and their millions of supporters) immediately took to Twitter to ‘demand justice’ on behalf of Jussie?!

Here’s one of the hundreds:

406772BF-7DFD-4EEA-B7F7-99D6F57D217D.jpeg
406772BF-7DFD-4EEA-B7F7-99D6F57D217D.jpeg (59.8 KiB) Viewed 664 times

No hesitation at all about imprisoning (let alone murdering, which would have been preferable to the woke mob) a totally innocent human being. No waiting on facts. Just running with the narrative. Even though many rational humans immediately smelled a rat with this story.

Think that over. Has Brook ever mentioned this?
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:26 pm
(omitted stuff from my post)

My personal take on Tucker with respect to Ukraine is he’s incorrect here. I’m open to further facts, but I’m Team Ukraine. Tucker has earned a mulligan. He’s been far more correct for so long. But he and I can respectfully disagree. Republicans are okay with civil disagreement.

I’m not Team Rupar, whose selective editing of videos and comical liberal bias has made him a laughingstock of media including his own side.
Carlson AND Greenwald are doing nothing here but parroting the Russian disinformation, which from my sources look like they are coming directly from the infamous Russian Internet Research Agency. And that is VERY typical of Carlson (and nowadays) Greenwald.

And you have to try and besmirch the messenger, because he is quite correct here in pointing out how in the bag these guys are.

Tucker is almost never close to correct, and the variance with his presentations and facts are pointed out all the time. He is white supremacist in the orientation of his show, and is constantly putting forth lies.

But if you think he is _more_ correct, you have some logical faults in your thinking.

Oh and BTW, how is that civil disagreement with those few gutsy Rs that voted to impeach Trump? Or refused to side with insurrection and allow the correct EC votes of the states be entered on Jan 6? I have seen little evidence of allowance of ANY disagreement there - if you aren't all in Trump on the past election, you better not say so...
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Peter Brown wrote:
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:00 pm

Not me.

This is a very well written post.
The moral of the story is NEVER trust a teenager of my generation who was a self admitted Nixon flunkie. IMO good old MD has spent decades trying to make amends and kiss alot of fannies proving to all how very wrong he was supporting a POS like Nixon. I wonder why his dad never gave him a heart to heart lecture and straiten his young arse out. I must have some smarts, I understood my entire life what a POS Nixon was. MD lax and all of his intelligence and self endowed wisdom can't say the same thing. :D

Just FTR to enlighten my friend MD. Here is my typical morning routine. Roxy wakes me up around 4:30 am. I let her outside and feed her and make the coffee. Like any crazed lunatic FRC I turn on the TV. 5:00 am on create TV is Rick Steves Europe. My show starts at 5:30 am. Bob Ross and the best of the joy of painting. The man has been dead for 25 years but his talent in creating incredible paintings in 30 minutes is astounding. These are the shows that fanatical right wing conservatives just lap up like crazy. I'm the type of fanatical right wing conservative who has never hunted and could never shoot and kill any animal. MD lax has blasted more than his share of ducks from the sky. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge advocate for hunting and responsible gun ownership. I only wish I lived in a protective environment where I could leave my door unlocked at night. Imagine the peace of mind that brings MD. You do know that 99.99% of us crazed, wild eyed FRC nutjobs don't enjoy that luxury you do? We lock our doors at night and have alarm systems and really good deadbolt locks because we are FRC paranoid nut jobs. Lucky you MD.. you can go to bed at night and leave your front door unlocked. You think you can judge me??? You and Jen Sake do have something in common. Arrogant, condescending self righteous know it alls who don't live in the real world. I'll bet even Jen Sake locks her front door at night.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Isn’t it more important to be self reflexive, face your own hard truths and look to improve yourself and account for blind spots than lighting up everyone else all the time as if everyone else is the only problem in your life?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:11 pm Isn’t it more important to be self reflexive, face your own hard truths and look to improve yourself and account for blind spots than lighting up everyone else all the time as if everyone else is the only problem in your life?
I will circle back to that and answer you someday... maybe. I have faced my own hard truths face to face just as you have. If someone who does not know me wants to label me as some sort of closet neocon... then it is game on. I'm hoping that this certain person will apologize to me for his poor judgement in slapping a label on me he thought was a proper fit. I have a long list of defects of character to still address. That list does not, never has and never will include being a FRC wingnut. If that actually was the case that would be the least of my problems.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Not me.
I get that, we see the womans personality differently. There were a number of your "friends" on this forum who where much harsher in their criticism of Sarah Sanders when she was PS. The personal attacks about her weight, her appearance and the fact she was also pretty abrasive to the press. I said earlier. i don't recall you ever standing up and defending her, not even once. I was amused by your response about avoiding dishonesty. She did come up with her own catch phrase. I'll circle back and tell you what that is. That is quite the unique method for avoiding dishonesty. You simply say in an obtuse manner "I'm not going to answer that question, not now, not ever" To you that is refreshing, to me that is dishonesty framed in a new and different manner. Refreshing honesty involves answering the question and dealing with the repercussions from your boss the next day. That is honesty. Full disclosure, no matter what party the POTUS is, the job of any sitting PS is not about being honest with the press. The PS job is to put the best spin on whatever chit storm is brewing on any given day, or try and clarify when your boss sticks his foot in his mouth and says something stupid.
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:40 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:11 pm Isn’t it more important to be self reflexive, face your own hard truths and look to improve yourself and account for blind spots than lighting up everyone else all the time as if everyone else is the only problem in your life?
I will circle back to that and answer you someday... maybe. I have faced my own hard truths face to face just as you have. If someone who does not know me wants to label me as some sort of closet neocon... then it is game on. I'm hoping that this certain person will apologize to me for his poor judgement in slapping a label on me he thought was a proper fit. I have a long list of defects of character to still address. That list does not, never has and never will include being a FRC wingnut. If that actually was the case that would be the least of my problems.
I just have you pegged as a grumpy old guy who cares about his causes and is “highly localized” in opinion and thought.

We all index people more than we should. Free will means anyone can do anything at any time.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Return to “POLITICS”