All Things Russia & Ukraine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: All Things Russia & Ukraine

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Very little "realistic" from either of you.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Not really unexpected. He cannot afford to lose his oil income. Putin just blinked.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:47 am
And yet my post is more realistic than your original post.

LOL. Petey, you used to be more humble. You were at one time the only right winger here to admit I outsmarted you. Now you've changed. :lol:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:59 am Very little "realistic" from either of you.

Yeah, I do suppose that expecting right wingers to take a consistent position on their "principles" is a bit unrealistic. But, of course, their failure to do so is proof that they stand for nothing and invalidates everything they live by. That's why the term Pharisee or political Pharisee is so apropos for them.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:19 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:59 am Very little "realistic" from either of you.

Yeah, I do suppose that expecting right wingers to take a consistent position on their "principles" is a bit unrealistic. But, of course, their failure to do so is proof that they stand for nothing and invalidates everything they live by. That's why the term Pharisee or political Pharisee is so apropos for them.
:D That's a fair critique, IMO.

Indeed, many of your critiques have at least underlying merit.

But some of your hyperbole flames so hot as to also be "unrealistic". Thus, the "either of you".
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:22 am

But some of your hyperbole flames so hot as to also be "unrealistic". Thus, the "either of you".

There you go again with that "hyperbole". Who the hell uses more hyperbole here than do the forum right wingers? Where's your criticism of them? If you used the term on them as often as you do with me by now they would have probably cursed you out ~ or, at least told you how trite you are. :lol:

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:27 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:22 am

There you go again with that "hyperbole". Who the hell uses more hyperbole here than do the forum right wingers? Where's your criticism of them? If you used the term on them as often as you do with me by now they would have probably cursed you out ~ or, at least told you how trite you are. :lol:
:lol: :roll: come on Brooklyn, I'm easily 10:1 in my critiques of the right wing trollers on here relative to my pushbacks to you that you've gone over the top with the hyperbole.

Here's nuance that you may or may not appreciate. Hope you do, though.

I think your posts rarely, if ever, actually misstate material facts (lies) whereas we have our right winger trolls do so with regularity. But your interpretation of the 'facts' you present (sometimes selectively) are hyperbolically presented, taking the most angry, least nuanced perspective one could apply to those 'facts'. You reach extreme conclusions. But I think you do so honestly, or at least that's my impression.

The right wing trolls appear to have no difficulty actually lying, or twisting some facts into pretzels in order to misrepresent, clearly with very little regard for truth altogether. AND they resort to extreme hyperbolic statements.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Excellent Amanpour interview with Lt. Gen (Ret) Ben Hodges. For the first time I get the feeling of listening to someone who has a clue what is going on militarily.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:37 am
... You reach extreme conclusions. But I think you do so honestly, or at least that's my impression.

The right wing trolls appear to have no difficulty actually lying, or twisting some facts into pretzels in order to misrepresent, clearly with very little regard for truth altogether. AND they resort to extreme hyperbolic statements.

Now let those delusionals know it.

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:54 am
... You reach extreme conclusions. But I think you do so honestly, or at least that's my impression.

This is the saddest dialogue I have ever read on fanlax.

:lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:48 am Excellent Amanpour interview with Lt. Gen (Ret) Ben Hodges. For the first time I get the feeling of listening to someone who has a clue what is going on militarily.
Excellent; thanks for pointing to it.

Saw something interesting, the destruction of Russian tanks that had massed together is now being described as done by UAV's...resources that were described as "Ukraine already has"...I hope we're supplying lots and lots of such capabilities.

I've found way less persuasive some of the reporting bolstering the contention that the MiG's would not be helpful in combatting the Air Force attacks, because so much of the destruction is being done by missiles and artillery. I do understand the relative utility argument, but seems to me that the ability to contest the skies, especially in western Ukraine where people are fleeing and resupply is coming from is really important to sustaining the effort successfully. It's not an either/or.

Indeed, I wouldn't be surprised if we learn at some point that the MiG's have somehow been moved and are there. but more clandestinely. That said, sounds like the really big deal is antiaircraft and radar capabilities being added and resupplied as fast as possible. Drones would be my preferred attack delivery from the air. Javelins, Stingers, now Patriots...interesting about the mines at sea...striking the points from which missiles are sent...

It also seems to me that if Putin escalates to chemical/biological that the political pressures in the West may well demand more robust, even direct, response.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

With all due respect, MD, are you an undercover moderator? Have you been tasked by Matt to steer conversations to amicable ends?

Because your repeated sharing on the worth/value of posts/people in a mod-free forum is quite simply, not called for, not needed, and off-topic.

And I do say that with the utmost sincerity and respect. And with the understanding of the irony of me correcting (moderating) people for, well, moderating people.

:!: :?: :lol:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:30 am
jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:48 am Excellent Amanpour interview with Lt. Gen (Ret) Ben Hodges. For the first time I get the feeling of listening to someone who has a clue what is going on militarily.
Excellent; thanks for pointing to it.

Saw something interesting, the destruction of Russian tanks that had massed together is now being described as done by UAV's...resources that were described as "Ukraine already has"...I hope we're supplying lots and lots of such capabilities.

I've found way less persuasive some of the reporting bolstering the contention that the MiG's would not be helpful in combatting the Air Force attacks, because so much of the destruction is being done by missiles and artillery. I do understand the relative utility argument, but seems to me that the ability to contest the skies, especially in western Ukraine where people are fleeing and resupply is coming from is really important to sustaining the effort successfully. It's not an either/or.

Indeed, I wouldn't be surprised if we learn at some point that the MiG's have somehow been moved and are there. but more clandestinely. That said, sounds like the really big deal is antiaircraft and radar capabilities being added and resupplied as fast as possible. Drones would be my preferred attack delivery from the air. Javelins, Stingers, now Patriots...interesting about the mines at sea...striking the points from which missiles are sent...

It also seems to me that if Putin escalates to chemical/biological that the political pressures in the West may well demand more robust, even direct, response.
... agree with you on the MiG issue. I suspect they will turn up there quietly.

... i don't see Putin using chemical / biological or nuke. The PR disaster would turn off Putin's Chinese bankers.

... the Ukrainians need a measured effective way to carry the war to the Russians. A single strike to make the point.

... apparently some Belarus soldiers have shown up to fight the Russians in Ukraine.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... just heard a funny joke. What is the difference between a ruble and a dollar?? .... a dollar! (BADA BOOM)

... at some point the ruble needs to be renamed the rubble. 8-)
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:06 am
Brooklyn wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:54 am

This is the saddest dialogue I have ever read on fanlax.

:lol:

🙃

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:47 am With all due respect, MD, are you an undercover moderator? Have you been tasked by Matt to steer conversations to amicable ends?

Because your repeated sharing on the worth/value of posts/people in a mod-free forum is quite simply, not called for, not needed, and off-topic.

And I do say that with the utmost sincerity and respect. And with the understanding of the irony of me correcting (moderating) people for, well, moderating people.

Au contraire (and with due respect right back atcha), pointing out, continuously, the lying, misinformation and dissembling (that Trump made AOK for the right in our civil discourse) carried on almost daily by many of our rightwing friends here at FL, NEEDS TO BE ACKNOWLEDGED, "OUTED" and RESISTED abso-frickin-tootly every. single. day.

Thanks, MD...carry on...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

NOW THAT DOJ HAS RUDY GIULIANI’S PHONE CONTENTS, LEV PARNAS PREPARES TO PLEAD

Dispassionate, objective analysis of the pleadings in the Rudy Colludy/Lev Parnas mess...DoJ may be closing in on an indictment of Rudy. Lev wants to cooperate...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:27 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:47 am With all due respect, MD, are you an undercover moderator? Have you been tasked by Matt to steer conversations to amicable ends?

Au contraire (and with due respect right back atcha), pointing out, continuously, the lying, misinformation and dissembling (that Trump made AOK for the right in our civil discourse) carried on almost daily by many of our rightwing friends here at FL, NEEDS TO BE ACKNOWLEDGED, "OUTED" and RESISTED abso-frickin-tootly every. single. day.

Thanks, MD...carry on...

The Left is so honest. :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/cu ... p-1319698/
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Of course the difference is:

Zucker is gone from CNN and WarnerMedia, C Cuomo was fired, and A Cuomo resigned prior to being impeached by his own party.

Meanwhile ~70% of Republicans want Trump to run in 2024 and 61% support pardoning the 1/6 insurrectionists. link

And the difference couldn't be more stark.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:35 pm NOW THAT DOJ HAS RUDY GIULIANI’S PHONE CONTENTS, LEV PARNAS PREPARES TO PLEAD

Dispassionate, objective analysis of the pleadings in the Rudy Colludy/Lev Parnas mess...DoJ may be closing in on an indictment of Rudy. Lev wants to cooperate...

I hope he rots in jail.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”