Loyola Greyhounds 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
kramerica.inc

Re: Loyola Greyhounds 2022

Post by kramerica.inc »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:44 pm Strange day so far with 13 team goals but zero Lindley points….

🤔
Missed in the disappointment of the Towson loss:
Lindley scored his 165th goal of his career in the second quarter, breaking the Patriot League's all-time record, but Towson University dealt Loyola University Maryland an 11-8 setback on Wednesday night at Ridley Athletic Complex.

Lindley got his stick on a loose ball at the crease and scooped it in for a goal to break the record of 164 set by Colgate University's Peter Baum (2009-12).
Congrats to Mr. Lindley!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:34 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:44 pm Strange day so far with 13 team goals but zero Lindley points….

🤔
Lindley scored his 165th goal of his career in the second quarter, breaking the Patriot League's all-time record, but Towson University dealt Loyola University Maryland an 11-8 setback on Wednesday night at Ridley Athletic Complex.

Lindley got his stick on a loose ball at the crease and scooped it in for a goal to break the record of 164 set by Colgate University's Peter Baum (2009-12).
Congrats to Mr. Lindley!

That’s actually amazing. Though I gather he’s had far more games to get to this level?

I always thought Spencer should had the goal scoring record in addition to points, but obviously he racked up the record assists while drawing a double and triple team.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:17 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:34 pm

🤔

Congrats to Mr. Lindley!

That’s actually amazing. Though I gather he’s had far more games to get to this level?

I always thought Spencer should had the goal scoring record in addition to points, but obviously he racked up the record assists while drawing a double and triple team.
Lindley has had far more games. No one is putting him in a super-elite national category, but that record is a great testimony to his longevity and fantastic, reliable production over the course of his career. And it certainly puts him among the best in Loyola's rich history.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Lindley breaking the record is fantastic but what is everyone thinking about the Duke game in two days???

I mean, let’s be realistic here this team is still a work in progress and I’m thinking Duke wins in a blowout
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

houndace1 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:44 am Lindley breaking the record is fantastic but what is everyone thinking about the Duke game in two days???

I mean, let’s be realistic here this team is still a work in progress and I’m thinking Duke wins in a blowout

C’mon man. Don’t be a Debbie Downer.

Duke doesn’t scare me. The Tar Heel hoops team just shattered that entire schools psyche. Shut off O’Neill. Keep Montgomery and Robertson on their off hand. Bailey gonna rack up the FO’s. Need Sam to see the ball.

Loyola by 8.
backerzone

Post by backerzone »

Hearing Duke game pushed to Sunday- any details?
loyola2025

Post by loyola2025 »

backerzone wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:29 pm Hearing Duke game pushed to Sunday- any details?
Heard the thing, Sunday 1PM
loyola2025

Post by loyola2025 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:57 am
houndace1 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:44 am Lindley breaking the record is fantastic but what is everyone thinking about the Duke game in two days???

C’mon man. Don’t be a Debbie Downer.

Duke doesn’t scare me. The Tar Heel hoops team just shattered that entire schools psyche. Shut off O’Neill. Keep Montgomery and Robertson on their off hand. Bailey gonna rack up the FO’s. Need Sam to see the ball.

Loyola by 8.
Peter Brown the ultimate fan, but i do like our chances
Laxmaninamillion

Post by Laxmaninamillion »

Been watching this team all year and don’t understand what is going on. Non starters have done nothing all year except Binney. Every other team has freshmen and sophomores playing quality minutes. Instead of seeing if these guys can help Loyola keeps putting out same group and nothing gets done. What’s the old saying? You keep doing the same thing and expect different results? Need to make changes Charlie and see if some of these young recruits have something that helps this team win.
Last edited by Laxmaninamillion on Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

This is why I don't bother to post anymore. Same old cliches....
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Loyola has played a lot of kids. In fact, they have played 33 different kids in games where we have been desperately needing answers.

Parents and kids often don't understand that players get limited game opportunities by showing consistency in practice. They get more game time by flashing great plays in those limited game opportunities.

You get chances by earning them in practice. You aren't just gifted a starting or major role. You're gifted minor role as clearing midfield or with a run on the second midfield. What kids do with those minor roles determines if they get more chances.
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:39 pm Loyola has played a lot of kids. In fact, they have played 33 different kids in games where we have been desperately needing answers.

Parents and kids often don't understand that players get limited game opportunities by showing consistency in practice. They get more game time by flashing great plays in those limited game opportunities.

You get chances by earning them in practice. You aren't just gifted a starting or major role. You're gifted minor role as clearing midfield or with a run on the second midfield. What kids do with those minor roles determines if they get more chances.
This is spot on...tons of guys have gotten run...some young guys more than the should get based on lack of in game production.

I’ll trust the staff since they actually see these guys everyday in practice. Seems logical correct 😉

Let’s hope for a good run today at Ridley. Go Hounds
Laxmaninamillion

Post by Laxmaninamillion »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:39 pm Loyola has played a lot of kids. In fact, they have played 33 different kids in games where we have been desperately needing answers.

My kid will be at Loyola next year. Great recruiting class. Just kinda shocked that at 1-4 there have been no changes other than in goal. Again, watching on TV doesn’t tell whole story but they get nothing offensively out of second group. Maybe this year’s freshmen class isn’t good. Who knows but hopefully things change next year.
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

NovaHound wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:14 pm This is why I don't bother to post anymore. Same old cliches....
Hang in there Nova 😉

Go Hounds!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Laxmaninamillion wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:05 am

My kid will be at Loyola next year. Great recruiting class. Just kinda shocked that at 1-4 there have been no changes other than in goal. Again, watching on TV doesn’t tell whole story but they get nothing offensively out of second group. Maybe this year’s freshmen class isn’t good. Who knows but hopefully things change next year.

Charlie elects to start with a brutal schedule. Zero easy games that might allow the team to find a rhythm.

I trust Charlie. He knows what he’s doing. We just won at Lafayette against a good team. Charlie probably feels like we are gelling at the pace he wanted. The Hounds might have turned the corner last week.

Have faith man, even if today doesn’t go great. Full disclosure: I have a sneaking suspicion we are going to play very well today,
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

Laxfan#1969 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:04 am

This is spot on...tons of guys have gotten run...some young guys more than the should get based on lack of in game production.

I’ll trust the staff since they actually see these guys everyday in practice. Seems logical correct 😉

Let’s hope for a good run today at Ridley. Go Hounds
With that being said, there must be no depth, if they keep running the same players in and out. This team should be 4-1, only loss should be Maryland. We have seen limited production from our experienced offensive starters. Lindley is practically invisible and Olmstead had a good game against a below average Lafayette.

Defensively, playing games with Shaffer, does not make sense, many of the goals that he has given up is because the defense is out of sync, little or no communication, players just getting ran by,

Man up offense, do we even have one? we are pathetic. That is 100% on MVA.

I do like our chances today, but they need to come out fast and play transition lacrosse, need to steal some goals
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

I stand corrected. Lindley has shown up today
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

I’ll say!! Wow, what a start.
Scrapslax

Post by Scrapslax »

laxbro11 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:39 pm I stand corrected. Lindley has shown up today
This what some on this thread don’t understand yet. This staff knows what they have. The COVID year allowed for more depth and a lot of really good players are not seeing time but the chemistry built during the slow start is starting to finally show when we need it.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

poitras' shot should've been wiped. doesn't look like it'll matter.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”