All Things Russia & Ukraine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: All Things Russia & Ukraine

Post by a fan »

Essexfenwick wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:46 pm
Uh oh… the USA is frantic Putin might get the coronavirus vaccine formula !!!
What was I thinking: yes, Essex—-your story from “some guy on the internet” is 1000% true.

Ukraine was planning on attacking Russia with bio-weapons, and that’s why Russia invaded.

You and your internet sleuths cracked the case! Only YOU have the “real truth” here. Way to go!

You’ll be receiving your “Internet Researcher” Cub Scout patch in the mail.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

a fan wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:00 pm
What was I thinking: yes, Essex—-your story from “some guy on the internet” is 1000% true.

Ukraine was planning on attacking Russia with bio-weapons, and that’s why Russia invaded.

You and your internet sleuths cracked the case! Only YOU have the “real truth” here. Way to go!

You seem pretty worked up that JoeTard the barely walking vegetable has screwed the pooch on every important issue.

I was the only one that noticed he had dementia during the campaign. That’s why my opinions are so much more accurate.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:45 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:08 am...with lots of anti-aircraft and anti-tank weaponry flowing. Salty's been making this case...I don't see it as an either/or, so am hoping that they get it done in the next few days....
I wouldn't get my hopes up. This is what I was waiting to hear :

Militarily, however, the number of planes offered would make it unlikely to be a game-changer. And MiG-29s are inferior to more sophisticated Russian aircraft and could be easy prey for Russian pilots and Russian missiles.

A senior U.S. defense official has said Ukrainians are flying relatively few of their existing aircraft, for relatively little time, as it is. The defense official, who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the U.S. assessment, said it’s possible that Ukraine does not need more planes and would benefit most from more of the weapons it uses effectively every day, including anti-aircraft Stinger and anti-tank Javelin missiles.

The official also said that Russia currently has the capacity to reach almost the entire country of Ukraine with its surface-to-air missiles, including from within Russia and from ships in the Black Sea.

That resolves my risk v reward question. (btw -- AP found that source credible enough to quote)

imho -- "qame-changer" is the magic word. Those Migs are not throw away items. They're not just old airplanes sitting around waiting to be replaced. They are still front line interceptors & a critical part of NATO's integrated air defense at the most vulnerable part of NATO's E flank.
You'd be breaking up existing, effective front line squadrons with no assurance that the jets would ever get into the fight over Ukraine.

If we get drawn in, we do not yet have the necessary NATO & US air assets in place to effectively contest Ukraine's airspace, which would require suppressing air defense sites inside Russia. We do not currently have enough jets deployed to effectively defend NATO's E flank. We need to deploy more, asap, no matter the fate of those Migs.

Ukraine's Mig-29's & SU-27's are still effectively grounded because Russian S-400 air defense systems, just across the border in Belarus & Russia, cover all of Ukraine's airspace. US &/or NATO forces would be challenged to take them out, given the forces we have in range & the likely Russian missile counter attacks on the countries of any base from which they launched or whose airspace they transited.
Not so sure that where these MiGs would need to go couldn't be safely reached, but the argument about how effective they'd be for the actual fight could be accurate...but...they don't do anything valuable if never used in combat and they'd be facing the same caliber of opponent regardless of whether in Ukraine or in defending Poland.

100% agree that we should be getting as many capabilities forward deployed as possible. I don't see Putin stopping if he perceives any vulnerabilities or shaking of will.

I just think the best way to get him backpedaling is defeat in Ukraine and clear unity among NATO in support of such. I agree that the handling of this particular possibility feels really awkward...but that goes away with whatever other moves are made that do lead to success for Ukraine.

I'm also wondering whether there may be enough losses in the Russian military, including those in command, that the military turns on Putin...maybe that's just wishful thinking...
a fan

Post by a fan »

Essexfenwick wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:07 pm

You seem pretty worked up that JoeTard the barely walking vegetable has screwed the pooch on every important issue.

I was the only one that noticed he had dementia during the campaign. That’s why my opinions are so much more accurate.
Oh, that makes perfect sense.

Joe has dementia “therefore” Ukraine has BioWeapons.

Any other insider info you can share?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Next he'll be telling us about Q, the Ukrainian government run underground child sex rings, and they drink the blood of babies, and are funded by Gates...and Soros! Those damn Nazis!
old salt

Post by old salt »

imho -- this entire Polish Mig flap has generated way too much press on the amount & specific nature of the military aid being provided.
We're trying to get NATO & other nations to provide Russian made mobile air defense systems (i.e. SAMs & radars like the S-300 & Buks) which the Ukrainians already know how to employ. If this stays an issue Russia may declare it escalation & may act to cut off all access from the W.

Zelensky & his lobbyists needs to stop yelling for this stuff. Congress members of both parties need to shut up & not use this to hammer Biden. We should simply say that we are providing as much humanitarian aid as we can & limited defensive aid (while rounding up & sneaking in,as much as possible stuff they can use to good effect).

While we distract the press by hyping the stuff & forces we're deploying to bolster NATO's E flank.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

a fan wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:13 pm
Essexfenwick wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:07 pm

Oh, that makes perfect sense.

Joe has dementia “therefore” Ukraine has BioWeapons.

Any other insider info you can share?

Wrong again grasshopper.

I was the only one who noticed that the future leader of the United States had dementia. Even the cdc couldn’t see the health related security issue. I have great instincts and insight. The Ukraine has bio “research facilities” that the United States directs them to run. It makes sense since Ukraine is unaffiliated with NATO and the USA can get away with illegal practices and feasible deniability. That’s smart defense. But now they are frantic to keep Russia’s hands off them. Can’t blame Russia for feeling threatened. If China opened 26 bio facilities in Mexico we would invade.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

Why was Obama opening a bio pathegen safety lab in Ukraine?

Weird.

https://web.archive.org/web/20110522081 ... in-ukraine
a fan

Post by a fan »

Essexfenwick wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:27 pm [

I was the only one who noticed that the future leader of the United States had dementia. Even the cdc couldn’t see the health related security issue. I have great instincts and insight. The Ukraine has bio “research facilities” that the United States directs them to run. It makes sense since Ukraine is unaffiliated with NATO and the USA can get away with illegal practices and feasible deniability. That’s smart defense. But now they are frantic to keep Russia’s hands off them. Can’t blame Russia for feeling threatened. If China opened 26 bio facilities in Mexico we would invade.
oh totally. They’re so frantic to protect this sooper-secret BioWeapons program that a federal employee just casually mentioned it at s public hearing that’s broadcast to the world.

And only YOU are smart enough to crack this case wide open. Nice job.

Boy, we better hope that Putin isn’t as good at googling as you are.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

a fan wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:38 pm

oh totally. They’re so frantic to protect this sooper-secret BioWeapons program that a federal employee just casually mentioned it at s public hearing that’s broadcast to the world.

Smarter than anybody who can’t see that Biden is suffering from dementia that’s for sure.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Sounds like someone is a little bored at Mar-a-Lago without Twitter access...

old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:12 pm ...MiGs...don't do anything valuable if never used in combat and they'd be facing the same caliber of opponent regardless of whether in Ukraine or in defending Poland.
Those Polish Migs are extremely valuable standing armed & manned strip alert in hardened shelters on well defended Polish bases, guarding NATO's E airspace. That's why they will be eventually replaced by newly acquired F-35's (rather than cobbled together used F-16's).
Poland is target #1 if this thing escalates. That's why we just deployed 2 US Patriot batteries there.

In their current role, they'd be doing ground controlled intercepts of inbound Russian aircraft attempting to penetrate NATO integrated air defenses, rather than sitting un-sheltered, on vulnerable Ukrainian air bases, launching into the teeth of Russian S-400 systems, trying to do ground attack missions for which they are not well suited. There's a reason so many of Ukraine's Mig-29"s & SU-27's still exist. They're not being used as much as they could be. Did you see the photos of missile damaged Mig's & SU's sitting on a ramp ?

https://www.barrons.com/news/russia-war ... 09?tesla=y
a fan

Post by a fan »

Essexfenwick wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:39 pm

Smarter than anybody who can’t see that Biden is suffering from dementia that’s for sure.
Thats what they said about Trump…dementia, crazy, all of it. Did you believe that?

“This is different”, right?
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

a fan wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:15 pm
Essexfenwick wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:39 pm

Thats what they said about Trump…dementia, crazy, all of it. Did you believe that?

“This is different”, right?
Way different . Trump answers any and all questions at press conferences. Biden can’t.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Essexfenwick wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:21 pm Way different . Trump answers any and all questions at press conferences. Biden can’t.
This simply is not true and... Wasn't there a point where Trump simply stopped having press conferences? And not for a short period time...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:26 pm
Essexfenwick wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:21 pm Way different . Trump answers any and all questions at press conferences. Biden can’t.
This simply is not true and... Wasn't there a point where Trump simply stopped having press conferences? And not for a short period time...

Biden can’t handle hostile rapid fire questioning and has never had it during his campaign or presidency.

Trump handles it joyfully.

That’s just a fact.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Essexfenwick wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:21 pm
Way different . Trump answers any and all questions at press conferences. Biden can’t.
Yeah—-except you forgot that Trump stopped having press conferences in his last year in office. Remember?

He stopped having them and answering questions because he has dementia.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

a fan wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:32 pm
Yeah—-except you forgot that Trump stopped having press conferences in his last year in office. Remember?

He still jousted with them on the White House lawn plus he was busy doing 70 rally’s where he spoke for 2 hours non stop.

Biden should do that so the country can see the devastating effects of advanced dementia.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Essexfenwick wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:50 pm

He still jousted with them on the White House lawn plus he was busy doing 70 rally’s where he spoke for 2 hours non stop.
So in other words, he stopped having press conferences and answering questions, just as i said.

Dementia. Boy, two presidents in a row with dementia. We can’t catch a break l!
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

a fan wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:55 pm
Essexfenwick wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:50 pm

So in other words, he stopped having press conferences and answering questions, just as i said.

Dementia. Boy, two presidents in a row with dementia. We can’t catch a break l!
Nice try.

Can’t do 70 rally’s with 2 hours entertaining off the cuff speaking with dementia .

At some point the cdc will catch up with me (scientifically speaking).

Return to “POLITICS”