FanLax Forum Poll

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Chousnake

Re: FanLax Forum Poll

Post by Chousnake »

OCanada wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:50 pm Ranking teams by who beats who eg A >B; B >C; C > A Often creates a circular firing squad. Another image is the ouroboros aka the snake swallowing its tail.

In theory a team with a few weak schedule could be undefeated at the end of the regular season.
But there is no better determinant of two teams close in the rankings than head to head.
lorin

Post by lorin »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:37 am
lorin wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:10 am You need a new computer
Ok maybe move up mount st Mary this week , so stupid
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Tough this week.
ICGrad

Post by ICGrad »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:23 pm NO......winning does NOT matter..... Hopkins ranked #7 is all you need to know about a computer ranking value
Hopkins should vault into the top 5 after their performance against UVA. Another couple of losses and they'll be a shoo-in come tourney-time.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

ICGrad wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:20 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:23 pm NO......winning does NOT matter..... Hopkins ranked #7 is all you need to know about a computer ranking value
Hopkins should vault into the top 5 after their performance against UVA. Another couple of losses and they'll be a shoo-in come tourney-time.
Needs to be updated........... my "pole"

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/lacrosse-men ... t/team/233

Like UTAH.....at 3-1, one goal loss to Denver, just like UNC and of course, beat Jacksoville by way more than Hopkins.

n$aa allows inequity with the stupid D1 football thing, not to far fetched for Disney and the legacy lacrosse programs to start their own "championship "

Hopkins will beat 'Cuse.....maybe with some zebra help like the inept ones in the Dome yesterday....and the ACC will have its usual cannibalism .. proving SO much :roll:

dudes, UVA's schedule is as such

ACC teams- lots
American East-Zero games scheduled (0)
ASUN- (1)
Big East- Zero (0)
Six Big,no Ten- (2)
Colonial ( CAA ) - (1 )
Ivy- (0) zero
MAAC- (1)
NEC- (0)
Patriot (1)
Sunshine ( 2)

Has Hobart EVER scheduled a game against UVA?

Yeah.....lets' use a SOS formula, that in no way, shape or form, account for OOC massive holes.

Notre Dame OOC numbers have way more zeros than UVA's...........but the ACC IS the best.

The Irish, ONLY, play Big east, Big Six, not Ten and ASUN for OOC games. That means, Notre Dame has scheduled ZERO games against the other 8 leagues. But RPI and SOS are such awesome metrics for invites. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by runrussellrun on Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

...and people call Michigans schedule a joke........

Notre Dame plays 10% of n$aa of all leagues, doesn't even play in one....but keep on telling us they are super neato....
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:25 am
ICGrad wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:20 pm
Needs to be updated........... my "pole"

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/lacrosse-men ... t/team/233

Like UTAH.....at 3-1, one goal loss to Denver, just like UNC and of course, beat Jacksoville by way more than Hopkins.

n$aa allows inequity with the stupid D1 football thing, not to far fetched for Disney and the legacy lacrosse programs to start their own "championship "

Hopkins will beat 'Cuse.....maybe with some zebra help like the inept ones in the Dome yesterday....and the ACC will have its usual cannibalism .. proving SO much :roll:

dudes, UVA's schedule is as such

ACC teams- lots
American East-Zero games scheduled (0)
ASUN- (1)
Big East- Zero (0)
Six Big,no Ten- (2)
Colonial ( CAA ) - (1 )
Ivy- (0) zero
MAAC- (1)
NEC- (0)
Patriot (1)
Sunshine ( 2)

Has Hobart EVER played a game against UVA?

Yeah.....lets' use a SOS formula, that in no way, shape or form, account for OOC massive holes.

Notre Dame OOC numbers have way more zeros than UVA's...........but the ACC IS the best.

The Irish, ONLY, play Big east, Big Six, not Ten and ASUN for OOC games. That means, Notre Dame has scheduled ZERO games against the other 8 leagues. But RPI and SOS are such awesome metrics for invites. :lol: :lol: :lol:
1998 first round of playoffs. We got an at large and lost 16-10, would’ve liked more w MVA being AHC for Dom for a long time but so it goes abs we were already traveling to GTown the first 20yrs of D1 so w budget constraints it may have been on Bart as much as UVA.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

One of the stranger things to me is how the Ivy clustering doesn't actually follow, you know, head-to-head wins and losses. There's so much mental anchoring on previous seasons or narratives....or biases...

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/league/di/polls

Georgetown beats Penn in Philly but loses at home to Princeton. Logically, it would seem to me that Princeton should be ahead of Georgetown and Georgetown ahead of Penn. Yet it's like the head-to-head FROM SATURDAY doesn't seem to matter, so Georgetown stays ahead of Princeton.

Not to mention that Penn needed a last second goal to beat a ho-hum Penn State team.

So, Penn gets credit for a home win against Duke but has no penalty for a home loss to Georgetown, who has no penalty for a home loss to Princeton.

And then there's Duke, who paid less of a penalty for losing at home to a Jacksonville team that paid a bigger penalty for losing at home to a Utah team that has only a one-goal, home loss to Denver...who, let's be honest...doesn't deserve to be in the Top 20 at all given their, you know, on the field performance.

Mission accomplished, though. We're all talking about it! But I digress...
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Polls due at noon EST.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

Way to much credit is giving to teams that lose a close game. A lost is lost.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Wheels wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:23 am One of the stranger things to me is how the Ivy clustering doesn't actually follow, you know, head-to-head wins and losses. There's so much mental anchoring on previous seasons or narratives....or biases...

Georgetown beats Penn in Philly but loses at home to Princeton. Logically, it would seem to me that Princeton should be ahead of Georgetown and Georgetown ahead of Penn. Yet it's like the head-to-head FROM SATURDAY doesn't seem to matter, so Georgetown stays ahead of Princeton.

Not to mention that Penn needed a last second goal to beat a ho-hum Penn State team.

So, Penn gets credit for a home win against Duke but has no penalty for a home loss to Georgetown, who has no penalty for a home loss to Princeton.

And then there's Duke, who paid less of a penalty for losing at home to a Jacksonville team that paid a bigger penalty for losing at home to a Utah team that has only a one-goal, home loss to Denver...who, let's be honest...doesn't deserve to be in the Top 20 at all given their, you know, on the field performance.

Denver being ranked props up both UNC and Jax it seems.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Denver hasn't scheduled an away game against an New England OOC for some time. Yale, UMass,, Brown & Harvard have never been good.
HGK

Post by HGK »

Wheels -

I am a Georgetown backer but in my poll i have Princeton ahead of Hoyas. They won head to head and they hung in well with my #1 Maryland. I am more of an eye test type voter but either way I think Princeton should be ahead Curreri IMO
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:24 am Polls due at noon EST.
Link?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Wheels wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:23 am One of the stranger things to me is how the Ivy clustering doesn't actually follow, you know, head-to-head wins and losses. There's so much mental anchoring on previous seasons or narratives....or biases...

This isn't our young adulthood Division 1 any longer, as Powell correctly observes todays lacrosse atmosphere.

Penn State, as did Loyola......struggled against the Leopards.

The whole process is a joke. Michigan is getting dissrespected, but a Hopkins win over them will "prove something" :roll:

without looking, neither B's will be in the top 10 (Boston, Bucknell).....because WINNING doesn't matter in Div. I lacrosse, laundry and legacy is all that matters.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:40 am

This isn't our young adulthood Division 1 any longer, as Powell correctly observes todays lacrosse atmosphere.

The whole process is a joke. Michigan is getting dissrespected, but a Hopkins win over them will "prove something" :roll:

without looking, neither B's will be in the top 10 (Boston, Bucknell).....because WINNING doesn't matter in Div. I lacrosse, laundry and legacy is all that matters.
mailing it in .....would be a kind critique.....regarding in$wag$ pathetic poll.

Bucknell, undefeated......isn't even ranked in the top 20. beyond bizarre.
Last edited by runrussellrun on Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

Maryland. 5-0 High Point, Loyola, Syracuse, Princeton, Notre Dame
Cornell. 4-0 UAlbany, Lehigh, Hobart, Ohio State
Rutgers. 6-0 LIU, Marist, St Johns, Army, Loyola, Stony Brook
Virginia. 5-0 Air Force, High Point, Towson, Syracuse, Hopkins
Georgetown. 4-1 Hopkins, Penn, Notre Dame. Mt St Marys. /// L to Princeton
Ohio State. 4-1 Detroit Mercy, Cleveland State, North Carolina, Harvard.  /// L to Cornell
UNC. 5-1 Richmond. Colgate, Brown, Hopkins, Denver. /// L to Ohio State 
Princeton 3-1 Monmouth, Binghamton, Gtown. /// L to Maryland
Penn. 2-1 Duke, Penn State. /// L to GTown
Duke. 7-2 Robert Morris, Vermont, Manhattan, Delaware, High Point, Richmond. /// L to Penn, Jacksonville
Jacksonville. 5-2 Duke, Mercer, Marquette, Denver, Air Force. /// L to Hopkins, Utah
Utah 3-1 Vermont, Marquette, Jacksonville. /// L to Denver
Yale. 2-1 Villanova, UMass. L to Penn State
Michigan 6-0 Bellarmine, Detroit Mercy, Holy cross, Canisus, Cleveland State, Delaware
Brown 4-1 Quinn, Vermont, Villanova, Providence. /// L to UNC
Army. 5-1 UMASS, Sienna, NJIT, Syracuse, Holy Cross. /// L to Rutgers
Boston U. 4-0 Merrimack, Bryant, UMASS, Colgate
Stony brook. 4-1 Fairfield, Robert Morris, St Johns, LIU.  /// L to Rutgers
Notre Dame. 1-2 Detroit Mercy, L to Georgetown, Maryland
Delaware. 4-2 NJIT, MSM, St Josephs, Monmouth. /// L to Duke, Michigan
Bucknell. 5-0 Mercer, Robert Morris, St Johns, Marist, Binghamton. 
St. Joseph's St. Bon, Penn State, Providence, Monmouth. /// L to Delaware
Denver. 3-3 Utah, Air Force, Cansius. /// L to Duke, Jacksonville, UNC
Hopkins. 3-3 Jacksonville, Towson, Loyola. /// L to UNC, Georgetown, Virginia
Villanova 3-2 Penn State, Fairfield, Hofstra. /// L to Yale, Brown
Richmond 3-2 Marist, Towson, St Bon. /// L to UNC, Duke
Harvard 2-1 NJIT, Fairfield. /// L to Ohio State
Merrimack 3-2 Darmouth, Holy Cross, UMAss Lowell. /// L to Hofstra, Boston U
Towson 3-3 Mt St Marys, Loyola, UMBC /// L to Hopkins, Virginia, Richmond
Drexel 2-2 Albany, LIU /// L to UMBC, Lafayette
Penn State. 2-4 Lafayette, Yale. /// L to Villanova, Vermont, St Josephs, Penn
Syracuse. 2-3 Holy Cross, Hobart. /// L to Maryland, Virginia, Army
Hobart. 2-2 Canisius, Lehigh. /// L to Cornell, Syracuse
Lehigh 2-2 Navy, NJIT. /// L to Hobart, Cornell
High Point 3-3 Colgate, Navy, Bellarmine. /// L to Maryland, Virginia, Duke
Vermont 1-3 Penn State. /// L to Duke, Utah, Brown
UMass 1-3. Mass Lowell. /// L to Army, Boston U, Yale
Last edited by rolldodge on Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lorin

Post by lorin »

You are spot on no way Duke should be in top 10 let alone top 20 bleeping joke
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

lorin wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:45 am

You are spot on no way Duke should be in top 10 let alone top 20 bleeping joke
didn't mention Duke, so perhaps replying to Wheels?

moving around teams isn't like dredging Baltimore harbor, a difficult and toxic task.

teams, like Duke, can be in the "top ten" in May.....because changing teams in a "paper" poll is SOOO f/n hard to do.

Winning percentage......stupid professional leagues. European football uses RPI/SOS, yes? Same for World Cup Rugby?

If Chris Gray stayed at Boston.......would the Disney characters even know who he was ;)espn's (quinty, car key, remiss, stocky, etc. )

and the comment about Gray being a "generational player" aren't wrong.........but many wonder why the Tar Heels, and others, had NO room for him at their legacy lacrosse table, when he was a high school player. ;)

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”