ODAC 2022

D3 Mens Lacrosse
ODACWojBomb

Re: ODAC 2022

Post by ODACWojBomb »

ShenandoahLaxDad wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:33 pm Lynchburg vs. Salisbury this week. Any thoughts or predictions?

Salisbury coming off a 11-6 win against Gettysburg. Lynchburg coming off a 15-9 win against Cabrini.

Can we get a real picture of Lynchburg and Salisbury based off of the last weeks results? Is Cabrini as good as past years? Is Salisbury down this year?

Salisbury has got to be gunning for Lynchburg after dropping a game to them last year. Can the hornets take wins two years in a row?

Still a lot of questions from this past weekend for both teams. Would love to hear some thoughts.
Top Ranked Matchup between these two teams. Will be interesting to see how Lynchburg matches up against Salisbury. I believe both teams are even at every position expect for the Lynchburg Defense. After graduating every close defender, Lynchburg lacks in experience down there. This will be their first real test this season. Can they come up with another win against Salisbury? Only way is if the defense steps up and makes stops. If the defense makes self-inflicted mistakes like they did last week, things could get ugly...
Laxfan69

Post by Laxfan69 »

droliver wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:44 pm
ConcordetoODAC wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:32 pmThis is crazy. Birmingham Southern (BSC) 14 VWU 5 :shock:
The gap is narrowing with some of the better teams in non-traditional conferences in the South like the SAA. Teams like Centre, Transylvania, Southwestern (TX), Berry, Rhodes, Southern Virginia, and Birmingham Southern often now have better talent now then the bottom 2/3 of the ODAC. There's a lot of good lacrosse athletes now coming out of metro Atlanta, Memphis, Louisville and Birmingham that have to play somewhere
being the best team in the south is like being the smartest student at roanoke.
ShenandoahLaxDad

Post by ShenandoahLaxDad »

Salisbury had a successful weekend vs the ODAC.

15-6 vs Lynchburg

22-11 vs RMC

Not sure if the RMC result is based on some garbage time goals or not. Seemed like Lynchburg picked up some as well. What does this say about RMC vs. Lynchburg?

I have a feeling that RMC will get into the top 4 this year.

Would love to hear some thoughts on both teams performances.
ODACWojBomb

Post by ODACWojBomb »

Great weekend to be a lacrosse fan. Great games all around d3.

Salisbury dominated Lynchburg all day long. I thought Lynchburg looked really timid on both sides of the ball. There was never a point where I thought Lynchburg was able to just "go get a goal". They struggled to get any separation from defenders and turned the ball over constantly on simple lacrosse plays. Unlike the Lynchburg offense, Salisbury controlled the ball on their attacking side. Once the ball was in Salisbury's offensive hands (which was a lot), you almost knew the ball was going to end up the back of the net at some point.

Could this be a reality check for Lynchburg? Until Cabrini, who is an average team at best, they hadn't faced any relevant team. Salisbury was Lynchburg''s first real test of the season and they did not represent the ODAC well. Does Lynchburg have more holes in their team than most have predicted? Time will tell very soon. Their next 4 opponents (St. Marys, Denison, CNU, and Tufts) are all capable of taking advantage of a Lynchburg team that has obvious weaknesses. This could be a rough road ahead for the Lynchburg Hornets.
TopShelf

Post by TopShelf »

One what planet is Cabrini an 'average team'? This site is simply absurd at times.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

TopShelf wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:39 pm One what planet is Cabrini an 'average team'? This site is simply absurd at times.
I’m mean they don’t look like a top 15 so far this year. They are having a down year to this point.
MrLax2U

Post by MrLax2U »

ShenandoahLaxDad » Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:30 pm
Salisbury had a successful weekend vs the ODAC.

15-6 vs Lynchburg

22-11 vs RMC

Not sure if the RMC result is based on some garbage time goals or not. Seemed like Lynchburg picked up some as well. What does this say about RMC vs. Lynchburg?

I have a feeling that RMC will get into the top 4 this year.

Would love to hear some thoughts on both teams performances.
Both good teams. The delta factor was Salisbury. Back to back games. Took LYN very seriously; prep & concentration maybe slipped a bit plus tired legs early in the season for the RMC game. We'll see but 11 goals may end up the most goals SU allows. Good luck to both teams. LYN v RMC should be a good game.
Wall Ball

Post by Wall Ball »

ODACWojBomb wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:12 pm Great weekend to be a lacrosse fan. Great games all around d3.

Salisbury dominated Lynchburg all day long. I thought Lynchburg looked really timid on both sides of the ball. There was never a point where I thought Lynchburg was able to just "go get a goal". They struggled to get any separation from defenders and turned the ball over constantly on simple lacrosse plays. Unlike the Lynchburg offense, Salisbury controlled the ball on their attacking side. Once the ball was in Salisbury's offensive hands (which was a lot), you almost knew the ball was going to end up the back of the net at some point.

Could this be a reality check for Lynchburg? Until Cabrini, who is an average team at best, they hadn't faced any relevant team. Salisbury was Lynchburg''s first real test of the season and they did not represent the ODAC well. Does Lynchburg have more holes in their team than most have predicted? Time will tell very soon. Their next 4 opponents (St. Marys, Denison, CNU, and Tufts) are all capable of taking advantage of a Lynchburg team that has obvious weaknesses. This could be a rough road ahead for the Lynchburg Hornets.
Salisbury doesn’t lose to the same team twice. Bergman will not allow this to happen. He holds a grudge against any team he loses too.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Salisbury had a great game plan.
Their defense played exceptional well and their goalie made the big stops when needed.
LYN has younger player on defense who played extremely well. Most goals came off attacking LYNs SSDMs and the slides late and just great athletes making great plays. They pressured and created nice transition goals. Bromwell open net goal putting them up 6-3 was a dagger! Not many weaknesses to exploit when you play Salisbury!

Good experience gained for LYN and rest assured they will learn and improve.
Next 4 games will be tests. St. Mary’s comes in 5-0
Denison ranked higher by some lax form pollsters and CNU and TUFTS will be stern tests before ODAC play.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Lynchburg is gonna roll St Marys.
Too much talent on the Lynchburg side.
2laxers

Post by 2laxers »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:52 am Salisbury had a great game plan.
Their defense played exceptional well and their goalie made the big stops when needed.
LYN has younger player on defense who played extremely well. Most goals came off attacking LYNs SSDMs and the slides late and just great athletes making great plays. They pressured and created nice transition goals. Bromwell open net goal putting them up 6-3 was a dagger! Not many weaknesses to exploit when you play Salisbury!

Good experience gained for LYN and rest assured they will learn and improve.
Next 4 games will be tests. St. Mary’s comes in 5-0
Denison ranked higher by some lax form pollsters and CNU and TUFTS will be stern tests before ODAC play.
Overall LYN starters are young, if you look at Attack, Defense, FO Unit (2 LSMs), 2 Mid lines and SSDMs they have 1 GR, 5 SRs, 7 JRs, 5 SOs and 1 FR.
No question they were sloppy and Salibury took advantage of that. Salisbury is a very good team and played a great game. LYN will definitely learn from this game.
ShenandoahLaxDad

Post by ShenandoahLaxDad »

Start of conference play this weekend. Despite a lackluster performance by Lynchburg this past weekend, are they still the favorite to win the ODAC?

I feel that due to the underwhelming play by HSC, W&L and Roanoke that they have to be.

*Hot take* - RMC makes at least the semi finals this year and potentially the finals against LYN in the ODAC.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

You’re funny Laxdad…
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

ShenandoahLaxDad wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:33 am Start of conference play this weekend. Despite a lackluster performance by Lynchburg this past weekend, are they still the favorite to win the ODAC?

I feel that due to the underwhelming play by HSC, W&L and Roanoke that they have to be.

*Hot take* - RMC makes at least the semi finals this year and potentially the finals against LYN in the ODAC.
I’d say it’s a lackluster start for all of the teams mentioned including Lynchburg. No ODAC teams have a significant win. To my knowledge the only win vs a ranked team is Lynchburg over Cabrini, it’s not crazy to suggest Cabrini is barely a top 20 team this year. It’s pretty underwhelming across the board. At least 2 of these top 5 teams will grow and develop throughout the season. It’ll be interesting to see who that is.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

InsiderRoll wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:21 pm
ShenandoahLaxDad wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:33 am Start of conference play this weekend. Despite a lackluster performance by Lynchburg this past weekend, are they still the favorite to win the ODAC?

I’d say it’s a lackluster start for all of the teams mentioned including Lynchburg. No ODAC teams have a significant win. To my knowledge the only win vs a ranked team is Lynchburg over Cabrini, it’s not crazy to suggest Cabrini is barely a top 20 team this year. It’s pretty underwhelming across the board. At least 2 of these top 5 teams will grow and develop throughout the season. It’ll be interesting to see who that is.
It’s a one horse race with Lynchburg in the lead by multiple lengths. No one else will finish top 20 this season. All 3 other teams that normally comprise the top 4 are off their game this season. W&L can’t score, Roanoke is down but perhaps a shade better than last year. HSC maybe the second best in what’s a weak conference this year. W&L plays Baldwin Wallace next. Normally that would be a lock, I’m not so sure of anything with them this year. BW lost to Denison 9-6 and SVU by 1 who W&L thrashed in a scrimmage. I’m confused
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

I think for everyone else but W&L the reason for the lackluster performance of the ODAC is that CNU is out performing all the ODAC schools in recruiting by a mile. W&L is no longer a lacrosse destination for kids looking at high academic schools and are losing recruits to lower end Patriot teams like Lafayette and HC. I am not sure where the recruiting focus is but it just does not seem like these schools have the same interest like they used to. Just my $.02 as a parent of a HS player. I would like to see these teams have great seasons and keep strong lacrosse traditions.
Dehuntshigwa’es

I think CNU is benefiting disproportionately to many ODAC schools due to the fifth year phenomena. I think they will come back to earth after the TEN fifth year players they have leave. I mean Dylan Rice is averaging 5 pts a game. I totally disagree with the notion that W&L is not a highly desirable destination for top tier academic students that also play lacrosse , that’s just nonsense
Tactful Lax

Post by Tactful Lax »

Perhaps, but just check out the odac record versus CNU over the last 4 years. Pretty underwhelming.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Tactful Lax wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:09 pm Perhaps, but just check out the odac record versus CNU over the last 4 years. Pretty underwhelming.
I’ve appreciated what CNU has done over the last 5-6 years. In fact after the Gulls, RIT, and Tufts they are my dark horse to win the title this year. I’m just saying they would not be a top 5 team if you removed the 10 fifth year players or for that matter even just Dylan Rice, great player😂
smoova

Post by smoova »

OSVAlacrosse wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:19 pm W&L is no longer a lacrosse destination for kids looking at high academic schools and are losing recruits to lower end Patriot teams like Lafayette and HC. I am not sure where the recruiting focus is but it just does not seem like these schools have the same interest like they used to. Just my $.02 as a parent of a HS player. I would like to see these teams have great seasons and keep strong lacrosse traditions.
I think it's the mid/high-NESCACs (not the PL programs) that are taking the prime players off W&L's board. In my experience/opinion, W&L voluntarily squanders the advantage of being unconstrained by NESCAC recruiting timelines when it waits to commit most of its players until after Tufts/Williams/Amherst/Midd/Wesleyan are largely done with their classes. To wit, the 2022 class was loaded with kids overlooked by DI programs because of the COVID summer cancellations and extended DI dead period, but W&L only committed on player before July 20. The top half of the NESCAC had all of their top recruits committed at that point. McCabe could make a lot of hay by stepping up his recruiting efforts during the fall of recruits' junior years and offering his support to top recruits in May and June.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”