Johns Hopkins 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
runrussellrun

Re: Johns Hopkins 2022

Post by runrussellrun »

Hopkins website continues to be useless........trying to purchase tickets for the "cuse game next weekend, but can't find any "covid rules" to attend the game. anyone know the Homewood rules regarding vaxx cards?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:02 am Hopkins website continues to be useless........trying to purchase tickets for the "cuse game next weekend, but can't find any "covid rules" to attend the game. anyone know the Homewood rules regarding vaxx cards?
Dude....go away. the information IS very clear and prominent on the website......stop being unhinged

https://umterps.com/sports/mens-lacrosse

COLLEGE PARK, MD -- Maryland Athletics is excited to welcome back fans for home games this year. The well-being of our fans, student-athletes and staff remains our priority, so that we can all cheer on the Terps in a safe environment.

As announced on Feb. 25, 2022

Effective Monday, February 28, the University of Maryland lifted the indoor mask mandate on campus for all faculty, staff, students and visitors.

Fans attending University of Maryland home athletic contests will not be required to wear masks or show proof of vaccination.

Individuals who are unvaccinated, are immunocompromised and have chronic health conditions placing them at higher risk of severe illness and complications from COVID-19 are advised to continue to wear a mask in all settings.

[/i

wait.......that IS the Maryland website...........

dude, just because you can find covid and ticket purchase information, easily, on OTHER college websites doesn't mean Hopkins isn't worthy of our tax dollars......billions of them.

Haven't checked for HoF members names being spelled wrong......oh, IT matters....... Hopkins being Hopkins.
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:02 am Hopkins website continues to be useless........trying to purchase tickets for the "cuse game next weekend, but can't find any "covid rules" to attend the game. anyone know the Homewood rules regarding vaxx cards?
I assume this is a joke correct? I'll bite regardless- there is no policy on vaxx cards - indoor policy is easily findable on the web site just like Maryland's - it is mask only - outdoor you are fine I would think
jhu06 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:27 pm Delaney is meaningless when we can't win faceoffs, can't clear, can't score, can't not turn the ball over. How did TWO staffs wake up in the morning and say this midfield group is d1 caliber?

Time for fernandez and narewski to make appearances or call it a year. As yogi berra once said, it's getting awfully late early.

Still can't believe benson found another job with this offense or that grant jr had 2 offseasons to add and thought jackson raposo peshko mcdermott bauer chauvette angelus and keogh were a d1 group.
And we are back with '06. This is a horrible take and ignores reality. You speak of adding players like Milliman is a local little league emperor and can add Kelly Leak whenever he wants to. You may recall Hopkins has been often mentioned in some of these stories around highly prized transfers but has not secured any. AND while Milliman has done some hard house cleaning of one of the most bloated rosters in the country - you can't come in and fire everybody. People would have their hair on fire and it would be a recruiting tool used against you. Plus there is no problem with your list as D1 players - the problem is as D1 players all TOGETHER. There are plenty of teams that would like to have Angelus, Keogh etc. Also remind everyone that they were attackmen in high school and are probably playing out of position. When Peshko potted one against Penn State and 4 on Rutgers and we were annointing him the next coming..... well he seemed like a D1 player then did he not?

I think we are all a little perplexed at the drop off in the last two games. This is essentially the same team that won 2 games in the BIG tournament and took Maryland to the end twice. They have not looked good in any phase of the game the last 120 minutes but there are key injuries. Your #1 face-off guy is out - love your take on that btw - let's see how you would deal with someone rearranging your kneecap - you act like he's in a Lay Z Boy eating potato chips. DeSimone does not look as quick to me as last season - everyone is staying with him pretty easily. Peshko has disappeared - there have been posts he's injured. Grimes can't stay on the field - the only difference between last years team and this one is WIlliams and Delaney. I don't think Delaney is the link BUT a big body on offense that could dodge like WIlliams might be a reason. With Grimes out - 67% of your offensive players are 5'11 or less and probaby weigh less than 200 lbs by a fair amount - and Raposo (who I like) Bauer and McDermott are on the small side too. Who recruited these players? Epstein is clearly frustrated and pressing.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

51percentcorn wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:36 am
I assume this is a joke correct? I'll bite regardless- there is no policy on vaxx cards - indoor policy is easily findable on the web site just like Maryland's - it is mask only - outdoor you are fine I would think Nope, NOT a joke. I provided a link to Maryland's policies.....you , perhaps, can do the same for Hopkins ? I want to be SURE, but glad you think we will be fine in attending. we would like to be sure and not waste the time and energy.

yup......shouldn't be this difficult to find information........but ,dude, defend away.
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

https://hopkinssports.com/news/2022/1/4 ... olicy.aspx

I found it in less than 10 seconds. Not defending anything

PS - I guess I will defend a little to say that it used to be when you opened the Hopkins sports web-site there was a glaring red banner across the top with a link to COVID spectator policies. It's gone but maybe for a understandable reason - basketball, wrestling, swimming and fencing seasons are over - at least as far as an event at Hopkins - so there is no reason to highlight the indoor policy anymore because there are no indoor events.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

51percentcorn wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:36 am
And we are back with '06. This is a horrible take and ignores reality. You speak of adding players like Milliman is a local little league emperor and can add Kelly Leak whenever he wants to. You may recall Hopkins has been often mentioned in some of these stories around highly prized transfers but has not secured any. AND while Milliman has done some hard house cleaning of one of the most bloated rosters in the country - you can't come in and fire everybody. People would have their hair on fire and it would be a recruiting tool used against you. Plus there is no problem with your list as D1 players - the problem is as D1 players all TOGETHER. There are plenty of teams that would like to have Angelus, Keogh etc. Also remind everyone that they were attackmen in high school and are probably playing out of position. When Peshko potted one against Penn State and 4 on Rutgers and we were annointing him the next coming..... well he seemed like a D1 player then did he not?

I think we are all a little perplexed at the drop off in the last two games. This is essentially the same team that won 2 games in the BIG tournament and took Maryland to the end twice. They have not looked good in any phase of the game the last 120 minutes but there are key injuries. Your #1 face-off guy is out - love your take on that btw - let's see how you would deal with someone rearranging your kneecap - you act like he's in a Lay Z Boy eating potato chips. DeSimone does not look as quick to me as last season - everyone is staying with him pretty easily. Peshko has disappeared - there have been posts he's injured. Grimes can't stay on the field - the only difference between last years team and this one is WIlliams and Delaney. I don't think Delaney is the link BUT a big body on offense that could dodge like WIlliams might be a reason. With Grimes out - 67% of your offensive players are 5'11 or less and probaby weigh less than 200 lbs by a fair amount - and Raposo (who I like) Bauer and McDermott are on the small side too. Who recruited these players? Epstein is clearly frustrated and pressing.
Wonder what the average height and weight are for all the Top, Div. 1 point getters are. :lol:

Chris Gray (UNC ) looks a lot like my favorit Brewin ( Brad Marchand ) both could be offensive lineman in the NFL, but like sports with sticks.

Discussions about "size" are just daddy ball, sideline nonsense.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

51percentcorn wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:48 am https://hopkinssports.com/news/2022/1/4 ... olicy.aspx

I found it in less than 10 seconds. Not defending anything

PS - I guess I will defend a little to say that it used to be when you opened the Hopkins sports web-site there was a glaring red banner across the top with a link to COVID spectator policies. It's gone but maybe for a understandable reason - basketball, wrestling, swimming and fencing seasons are over - at least as far as an event at Hopkins - so there is no reason to highlight the indoor policy anymore because there are no indoor events.
Homewood is indoors?

Come on, I apologize if I am really this hard to understand.

no information on vaxx cards either......
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

So if all you are required to do INDOORS is wear a mask - you have to show proof of Vax OUTDOORS? If they were going to require a mask outdoors they would say it. They don't so you don't.

Use your own words - come on

In terms of your sidleine nonsense comment - perhaps it's worth pointing out UVA's top 5 scorers are all 6'1 or better and only Dickson is listed at less than 195 lbs
Beyond obviously, you can have smaller players - Gray is a special talent - peole like Ament weren't big - we can agree to disagree but when you have 4 or 5 of your first 6 midfielders at that size - they get pushed off their marks too easily. There is no one dodging to create slides - there simply isn't - talent is an issue but size is also a contributing factor.
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Masks, we still talking about masks, masks, we talking about masks.

Dont be too harsh on Millman and your team, UVA is awfully good on both sides. Heads above other ACC squads ,have to catch them on a off day to beat them.
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

jhu06 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:27 pm Delaney is meaningless when we can't win faceoffs, can't clear, can't score, can't not turn the ball over. How did TWO staffs wake up in the morning and say this midfield group is d1 caliber?

Time for fernandez and narewski to make appearances or call it a year. As yogi berra once said, it's getting awfully late early.

Still can't believe benson found another job with this offense or that grant jr had 2 offseasons to add and thought jackson raposo peshko mcdermott bauer chauvette angelus and keogh were a d1 group.
My understanding is Peshko is injured and given what we saw last year he has potential to be a dominating D1 player. Angelus has shown he can play at the high level. You may be right about the rest. My biggest concern is you just have to have more from Epstein and Deso. You want to be the top dogs, carry a C and celebrate your NIL deals. Back it up.
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

DocBarrister wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:07 pm
CrookedJay wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:42 pm Didn’t get to catch much of the game, but I would say this Hop team does not share much DNA with 07/08 teams which, while ultimately successful, were slow-starting (and happened to have ugly losses (Albany/Hofstra) and were blown out by UVA and Duke in the regular season).

Those teams had studs in the middle of the field (3 1st team middies); the struggles then were a matter of gelling, and this is something worse that no amount of game planning can make up for.

Will not call out players by name, but it seems like our guys forget that when they are attacking the goal, they are not doing 1v1s like in practice (ie, there are other 10 other bodies to worry about). Hopefully they have a timer on these guys in practice and make them run the stairs if they hold onto it for more than a few beats…
That’s the thing. These Blue Jays don’t have guys like Rabil, Kimmel, and Stephen Peyser around to initiate dodges from up top. They should be passing the ball quickly, working to get the ball to a cutter on the crease or inside or setting up a time-and-room shot on the wings. Instead, they are taking turns dodging (and, often, turning the ball over) in the hopes of beating their man.

They’re just not working much as a team. No chemistry at all.

What keeps me optimistic is that the defense generally does a good job with on-ball defense, which tells me they are athletic and skilled enough to play with the best. Still need to improve off-ball play … something they didn’t quite get right until the B1G tournament last season.

Plus, Kirson had another decent outing today, at least earlier in the game before things got out of hand.

DocBarrister
33% is not a decent outing Doc
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

51percentcorn wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:59 am So if all you are required to do INDOORS is wear a mask - you have to show proof of Vax OUTDOORS? If they were going to require a mask outdoors they would say it. They don't so you don't.

Use your own words - come on

In terms of your sidleine nonsense comment - perhaps it's worth pointing out UVA's top 5 scorers are all 6'1 or better and only Dickson is listed at less than 195 lbs
Beyond obviously, you can have smaller players - Gray is a special talent - peole like Ament weren't big - we can agree to disagree but when you have 4 or 5 of your first 6 midfielders at that size - they get pushed off their marks too easily. There is no one dodging to create slides - there simply isn't - talent is an issue but size is also a contributing factor.
Grimes is a big boy.......explanation for lack of offensive production..

https://cuse.com/news/2022/3/1/general- ... ocols.aspx

You telling us, we should just ASSUME that Hopkins wont' require vaxx cards, but 'Cuse does? huh :roll:

UPDATE: Effective, Wednesday, March 2, masks will no longer be required for stadium visitors who have been fully vaccinated. Individuals who are vaccine-exempt or who have not yet been fully vaccinated must continue to wear masks, except when actively eating or drinking.

Fans should expect the following measures when at the Stadium:

Fans may purchase from a limited offering of food and beverages, including beer and wine. All food and drinks must be consumed while seated.
All fans age 5 and up are required to provide proof of vaccination or negative COVID test. Proof must be shown at the gate to secure entry to the stadium. (Newborns to age 4 do not require a vaccination or a test result to enter the facility.)
The Courtside Lounge will remain closed.
Club 44 will remain closed.
Tailgating in the parking lots prior to games will not be permitted.

The Stadium will continue to operate in accordance with the existing guidance and protocols prescribed by NYS and the Onondaga County Department of Health. Those existing local public health regulations will continue to be strictly enforced at the Stadium. These include:

Effective, Wednesday, March 2, masks will no longer be required for stadium visitors who have been fully vaccinated.
Patrons displaying any COVID-19 symptoms have been in close contact with someone that may have been exposed, or have a temperature exceeding 100.4° F, are asked to stay home.
For safety and security, the Stadium will enforce a Clear Bag Policy. Each fan is allowed one clear bag and one small clutch or purse. Fans will be asked to return non-approved bags to their vehicle prior to stadium entry. Please visit the stadium entry/clear bag page for additional information.
Stadium staff will not accept or provide a holding area for prohibited items. Please visit the Stadium Guest Services page for more information on prohibited items.
Fans should enter the stadium at the designated gate on their ticket. They should arrive early to avoid delays and allow additional time to go through the entry validation process.
Hand sanitizer stations are available on the concourse levels.
Dedicated sanitizing staff are assigned to monitor and treat frequently touched surfaces.

Please note that tests will not be available on campus. For information on testing availability, please visit:

Onondaga County - https://covid19.ongov.net/appointments
New York State - https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/find- ... e-near-you

l:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

stupefied wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:06 am Masks, we still talking about masks, masks, we talking about masks.

Dont be too harsh on Millman and your team, UVA is awfully good on both sides. Heads above other ACC squads ,have to catch them on a off day to beat them.
yeah, Syracuse, and other colleges, still requiring them...........and vaxx's are still required for entry at many Div. I schools as well.

great, if Hopkins doesn't.....but we guess providing that information is HARD.......
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

Last time I checked the Dome was INDOORS
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

51percentcorn wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:25 am Last time I checked the Dome was INDOORS
The game could be played in a submarine, for all we care.

Is it really that hard to post the same information that the Maryland website has, front and center ?

Indoors, outdoors....or 1000 feet submerged.....just wanna know the rules...

may watch the Dartmouth/UVM game on Tuesday, in person.........but it looks like Dartmouth is STILL requiring vaxx cards to watch a game outdoors.

In order to access a Dartmouth location or Dartmouth-sponsored event, all visitors 5 years of age or older must:

Be up to date on their COVID-19 vaccinations, including getting a booster dose within 30 days of becoming eligible; OR

Receive a negative test result from a COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken within 72 hours prior, preferably as close to access as possible; OR

Have tested positive for COVID-19 within the 90 days prior and recovered (i.e., they have ended isolation and do not have symptoms).
Mightyjoe

Post by Mightyjoe »

Please stop with masks. Simple terms for JHU lacrosse games…..
No mask, no proof of vacs. Just buy a ticket and enjoy the game.
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

Well if a game wa splayed in a submarine then that's indoors and you would have to wear a mask per the Hopkins policy. Unfortunately, the USS New Jersey is probably busy at the moment so you'll have to do with a logical interpretation of the policy which Mightyjoe stated pretty succinctly.

With Grimes out - Degnon moved to attack and reportedly Peshko injured enough to hamper production - here are the listed sizes of the 5 Johns Hopkins midfielders with significant playing time:
5'9" 165
5' 9" 180
5'9" 170
5'7" 165
5'10" 185

Yes other teams have small players but there is a balance - DeMaio and Long aren't huge for Maryland but Wisnaukas, Donville and Khan are big - everybody for UVA but Simmons is over 6 ft and most are approaching 200 lbs - 2 of Georgetown's starting middies are 6' 190/200 lbs. Bartolla, Cameron and Jacoby are all well over 6' and 200 lbs for Rutgers. Gergar and Shipley aren't huge for Penn but they are 200 lbs - we all know how big Handley is. Only Carolina has size approaching Hopkins and most of their smaller players are on attack with a bona fide superstar. It matters.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Mightyjoe wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:46 am Please stop with masks. Simple terms for JHU lacrosse games…..
No mask, no proof of vacs. Just buy a ticket and enjoy the game.
we should just take your word, when so many other Div. colleges are STILL requiring vaxx cards.....and masks?

Great, no mask, no proof of vaxx's needed.

It would take the Hopkins athletic department about 3 seconds to add, and type out those 30 or so letters.

yeah.....we should just assume covid stuff is over....
Ruffled_Feathers

Post by Ruffled_Feathers »

Its not even really about matching up size for size necessarily but it is going to be an uphill battle for a 5-9 player going up against a 6-7 redwood like Cole Kastner. To get away from someone like that is going to require an elite first step which we don't seem to have on the roster at the moment. Your only other option is to actually be comfortable with operating while you have a man draped all over you, I don't know if we have that on the roster either at least not anyone who is apparently fully healthy.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

51percentcorn wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:50 am Well if a game wa splayed in a submarine then that's indoors and you would have to wear a mask per the Hopkins policy. Unfortunately, the USS New Jersey is probably busy at the moment so you'll have to do with a logical interpretation of the policy which Mightyjoe stated pretty succinctly.

With Grimes out - Degnon moved to attack and reportedly Peshko injured enough to hamper production - here are the listed sizes of the 5 Johns Hopkins midfielders with significant playing time:
5'9" 165
5' 9" 180
5'9" 170
5'7" 165
5'10" 185

Yes other teams have small players but there is a balance - DeMaio and Long aren't huge for Maryland but Wisnaukas, Donville and Khan are big - everybody for UVA but Simmons is over 6 ft and most are approaching 200 lbs - 2 of Georgetown's starting middies are 6' 190/200 lbs. Bartolla, Cameron and Jacoby are all well over 6' and 200 lbs for Rutgers. Gergar and Shipley aren't huge for Penn but they are 200 lbs - we all know how big Handley is. Only Carolina has size approaching Hopkins and most of their smaller players are on attack with a bona fide superstar. It matters.
What are you looking for? Height...or weight? or both

Zwanda, Div. 1's tops in ppg, is tall, but 180 pounds aint big.....and Wolverines next point getter weighs 155 pounds, who also is in the top 10 for scoring.

Pretty sure the Kavanaugh (Notre Dame ) brothers could be mistaken for the "midget tossing " talent, if showing up at a batchelor party.......

but, yeah....lets NOT take care of the simple, easy stuff.

The instachat updates ARE wonderful , tho.... :roll:

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”