Re: Cornell 2022

Post by CU77 »

laxreference's take on the OSU game:
https://lacrossereference.com/live-win- ... 9_20220305
laxfan1313

Post by laxfan1313 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:22 pm
joewillie78 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:09 pm The TOP 5, yes TOP 5 (I HAD them 6th last week) Cornell BIGRED are clearly one of the best programs in the country and I will surely have them in my top 5 tomorrow. Coach Buczek ( I think I finally got it right) is absolutely amazing as has been shown especially in crunch time when it matters most, that he pushes all the right buttons. I said they would be a force when May rolls around and boy was I wrong, they are a force NOW and a COMPLETE TEAM. They can score, they can defend, they can play physical, they can play with finesse, they are deep and they are well coached.
We waited 2 years for this and it's incredible how all the pieces have fallen into place. Can you tell that this alumni has never been more proud of his alma-mater?
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
P.S. The IVY LEAGUE is one scary bunch and right now I would say they are AT LEAST a 4 team NCAA Playoff league and will have FIVE teams in my top 20 come Sunday night.
4 teams in the NCAA!! Put the shot glass down J.W.!! That’s a great win today. Cornell moving up in my poll on Monday for sure.
"For sure" is right. You had the Big Red 20th last week! They couldn't go down in your ranking!
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

CU77 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:43 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:12 pm Oh, Cornell has a ride? Golly. Wish Hopkins did. :?
Maybe Hopkins should hire Cornell's coach.

Oh wait ...
I’m convinced Hopkins coaches hired from Cornell develop some sort of strange amnesia when they arrive at Homewood.

DocBarrister :P
@DocBarrister
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

Great to see Piatelli come alive, and have Long back
Petrakis and Ierlan held their own. Great win.
laxfan1313

Post by laxfan1313 »

Penn just beat Penn State 10-9. That makes it 19-6 for the Ivies OOC. 76%!
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

laxfan1313 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:11 pm
joewillie78 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:09 pm The TOP 5, yes TOP 5 (I HAD them 6th last week) Cornell BIGRED are clearly one of the best programs in the country and I will surely have them in my top 5 tomorrow. Coach Buczek ( I think I finally got it right) is absolutely amazing as has been shown especially in crunch time when it matters most, that he pushes all the right buttons. I said they would be a force when May rolls around and boy was I wrong, they are a force NOW and a COMPLETE TEAM. They can score, they can defend, they can play physical, they can play with finesse, they are deep and they are well coached.
We waited 2 years for this and it's incredible how all the pieces have fallen into place. Can you tell that this alumni has never been more proud of his alma-mater?
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
P.S. The IVY LEAGUE is one scary bunch and right now I would say they are AT LEAST a 4 team NCAA Playoff league and will have FIVE teams in my top 20 come Sunday night.
4 teams in the NCAA!! Put the shot glass down J.W.!! That’s a great win today. Cornell moving up in my poll on Monday for sure.
"For sure" is right. You had the Big Red 20th last week! They couldn't go down in your ranking!
I admitted last week that I could have been too pessimistic. I hadn’t seen enough of them…..of course they could stay at 20 instead if going down.
“I wish you would!”
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
If NCAA's were today:
Cornell (lock)
Penn (lock)
Brown( near lock)
Princeton( near lock after beating GT)
Yale ( Ivy preseason fav still alive)

Shot Glass? I'm drinking straight from the bottle after the IVIES absolutely put on a show today. CHEERS.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
laxfan1313

Post by laxfan1313 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:29 pm
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
I admitted last week that I could have been too pessimistic. I hadn’t seen enough of them…..of course they could stay at 20 instead if going down.
Out of 14 pollsters, 12 had Cornell from 6 to 13, one had them at 16 and you had them at 20. After beating the #5 team, which you ranked #4 last week, if you don't have the Big Red top 10 this week, include a laugh track with your poll.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

joewillie78 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:47 pm
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
If NCAA's were today:
Cornell (lock)
Penn (lock)
Brown( near lock)

Shot Glass? I'm drinking straight from the bottle after the IVIES absolutely put on a show today. CHEERS.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
:lol: :lol: :lol:
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Not that it means much at this point, but after today's games Cornell is #1 in RPI:

http://college.laxpower2.com/menx/rpi01.php
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

laxfan1313 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:57 pm
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Out of 14 pollsters, 12 had Cornell from 6 to 13, one had them at 16 and you had them at 20. After beating the #5 team, which you ranked #4 last week, if you don't have the Big Red top 10 this week, include a laugh track with your poll.
1313, look I know I'm a homer and gladly admit it but to think that even last week BEFORE they beat OSU and BART, that they were the 20th best team in the country, is simply ludicrous. They showed me enough in those first 2 games to immediately put them in the top 10, and now, even the non-homers will have to think real hard to justify not having this team in the top 5. They are scary good.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

CU77 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:06 pm Not that it means much at this point, but after today's games Cornell is #1 in RPI:

http://college.laxpower2.com/menx/rpi01.php
Wow. I would say it actually does mean something at this point. To be #1 in RPI is pretty impressive for a bunch that hasn't played in TWO YEARS and has a NEW COACH.
They deserve all the attention and accolades they are getting. It's so impressive what they have done.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
semsox

Post by semsox »

Great win. I'm trying to think of past teams this reminds me of, and one of the first that come to mind is the extraordinarily balanced 2007 team, which lost in a heartbreaker to Duke in the semifinals. That team did not have a single focal point on offense (a la Pannell or Teat), but was extremely balanced between the attack and mids (including significant contributions from underclassmen), an underrated defense and veteran goaltender.
Typical Lax Dad

joewillie78 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:47 pm
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
If NCAA's were today:
Cornell (lock)
Penn (lock)
Brown( near lock)

GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
:lol: :lol: Drink up! You deserve it!
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
I believe I said I was too pessimistic. I have to go through the weekend results, but that was a great win. I will pencil them in at “10” for now!
“I wish you would!”
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

Lehigh, Hobart, OSU is a tough eight days of lacrosse in 2022, especially in Feb/early March. This says a lot about the talent and preparation of the team. Great work.
laxfan1313

Post by laxfan1313 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:17 pm
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
I believe I said I was too pessimistic. I have to go through the weekend results, but that was a great win. I will pencil them in at “10” for now!
Take your comedy act on the road. They just beat your #4 team convincingly and are #1 RPI and you'll rank them #10. By the way, I think polls are meaningless but I don't have a word for your opinion! Lol!
Typical Lax Dad

laxfan1313 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:57 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:17 pm
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Take your comedy act on the road. They just beat your #4 team convincingly and are #1 RPI and you'll rank them #10. By the way, I think polls are meaningless but I don't have a word for your opinion! Lol!
I am going to rank them number 1. Watch my submission…

“I wish you would!”
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

Big win for the Big Red! Happy for JoeWillie and the other Cornell faithful. I'm impressed -- it would have been easy for Cornell to get stuck mourning 2020 -- "the year that never was" -- when they had Teat, Donville, and Piatelli and were off to the races. But in 2022 instead of pining for Teat the pro and Donville the Terp and Milliman the Blue Jay, the young coaching staff and team are just playing great lacrosse. Kirst and Piatelli are really a lethal combination, Ierlan looks strong in goal, and they are feeling it.
Typical Lax Dad

The Orfling wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:44 pm Big win for the Big Red! Happy for JoeWillie and the other Cornell faithful. I'm impressed -- it would have been easy for Cornell to get stuck mourning 2020 -- "the year that never was" -- when they had Teat, Donville, and Piatelli and were off to the races. But in 2022 instead of pining for Teat the pro and Donville the Terp and Milliman the Blue Jay, the young coaching staff and team are just playing great lacrosse. Kirst and Piatelli are really a lethal combination, Ierlan looks strong in goal, and they are feeling it.
Nice to see Long back. My first real good looks at Cornell this week. Sorry to see Lombardi go down. Attack is probably the best in the league.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”