The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:02 am
a fan wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:29 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:40 pm Last thing I’m gonna say here, but administrations absolutely can impact energy prices. Oil drilling rights, regulatory relief, PIPELINE approvals, etc…
That's neat, Pete.

So If I look at Trump' s four years, I'm not going to find higher gas prices under Trump than I'd find for Obama or Biden?

And yes, this is a trick question, Pete.
So if gas was only 2 dollars a gallon you don't think Bidens posse would be taking credit for that??
Of course he would!!!! That's my point. The difference is, Petey here buys the buffalo bagels...and you and I laugh at these idiots who buy what politicians are selling.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:00 am
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:40 pm Last thing I’m gonna say here, but administrations absolutely can impact energy prices. Oil drilling rights, regulatory relief, PIPELINE approvals, etc…
That's neat, Pete.

So If I look at Trump' s four years, I'm not going to find higher gas prices under Trump than I'd find for Obama or Biden?

I’m having trouble understanding your point.

When I look at the list below, Trump entered office with retail gas at $2.34, and exited office with retail gas at $2.33. That’s a decline.

When Biden entered office, retail was $2.33, and today it’s at $3.52. That’s an increase, a rather large one. Gas stations in California today are over $7/gallon.

918C310E-2502-419F-95FC-A9B2BC5747F1.jpeg

I dunno man. Are you sure of your stake here?

For a self described ‘independent’ voter, your constant defense of Biden makes me wonda… :lol: :lol:
:lol: I'm not defending Biden, but it's hilarious that's what you think this is. I'm defending Reason.

Boy, I hope you NEVER get in front of clients with the half-a*sed reasoning you throw around here. You think everyone here is so dumb that they think that prices didn't go up while Trump was in office? The ONLY data point that matters is January 20th, Pete?

:lol: Sell it to your fellow UFlorida grads, Pete. Not real impressed with the education you received there......
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:59 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:02 am
That's neat, Pete.

So if gas was only 2 dollars a gallon you don't think Bidens posse would be taking credit for that??
Of course he would!!!! That's my point. The difference is, Petey here buys the buffalo bagels...and you and I laugh at these idiots who buy what politicians are selling.
+1
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:02 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:00 am
That's neat, Pete.

I’m having trouble understanding your point.

When I look at the list below, Trump entered office with retail gas at $2.34, and exited office with retail gas at $2.33. That’s a decline.

When Biden entered office, retail was $2.33, and today it’s at $3.52. That’s an increase, a rather large one. Gas stations in California today are over $7/gallon.

918C310E-2502-419F-95FC-A9B2BC5747F1.jpeg

I dunno man. Are you sure of your stake here?

For a self described ‘independent’ voter, your constant defense of Biden makes me wonda… :lol: :lol:
:lol: I'm not defending Biden, but it's hilarious that's what you think this is. I'm defending Reason.

Boy, I hope you NEVER get in front of clients with the half-a*sed reasoning you throw around here. You think everyone here is so dumb that they think that prices didn't go up while Trump was in office? The ONLY data point that matters is January 20th, Pete?

:lol: Sell it to your fellow UFlorida grads, Pete. Not real impressed with the education you received there......

Oh, so from now on, we choose the best possible dates to make whoever we like look awesome! :lol:

Man, sell that shiitake to someone buying, cause I ain’t. :lol: :lol:

A55C7FF0-FF55-47CA-84DD-510BABB60493.jpeg
A55C7FF0-FF55-47CA-84DD-510BABB60493.jpeg (25.64 KiB) Viewed 777 times
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:17 pm Oh, so from now on, we choose the best possible dates to make whoever we like look awesome! :lol:
Yes. That's precisely what you just did, Pete.

But either you think we're too stupid to notice.......or, YOU are too stupid to understand that's what you're doing. Pick one.

Either way, hard pass, trying your fifth grade trolling on someone else.

Presidents don't control energy prices. All the cherry picked stats won't change that, Pete. But yep, guys like you will pretend that they do....
lagerhead

Post by lagerhead »

a fan wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:31 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:17 pm Oh, so from now on, we choose the best possible dates to make whoever we like look awesome! :lol:
Yes. That's precisely what you just did, Pete.

But either you think we're too stupid to notice.......or, YOU are too stupid to understand that's what you're doing. Pick one.

Either way, hard pass, trying your fifth grade trolling on someone else.

Presidents don't control energy prices. All the cherry picked stats won't change that, Pete. But yep, guys like you will pretend that they do....
Administrations do control policy. Fracking, pipelines, leases to explore and develop. But yeah energy production and refining doesn’t turn on a dime by presidential writ.
a fan

Post by a fan »

lagerhead wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:10 pm Administrations do control policy. Fracking, pipelines, leases to explore and develop.
On Federal land, and Federal land alone.....

You and I both know that international market forces dwarf US Federal land policies.

And opening up the land wide open is bad for business....in Colorado, where I live? Low energy prices= bust cycle. Energy companies don't like low prices....gas guzzling Americans do.

And to be clear, I think Biden is a boob....and his claim that he'll "limit the pain Americans are feeling at the gas pump" is stupid. As cradle and I were saying...who is dumb enough to buy that claim?

....and the XL Pipeline should have been approved and finished years ago...even though the XL simply drops more oil to the Gulf, on its way for export. Nothing wrong with profit.

All that said......Pete's claims are sophomoric, to say the least.
lagerhead

Post by lagerhead »

a fan wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:21 pm
lagerhead wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:10 pm Administrations do control policy. Fracking, pipelines, leases to explore and develop.

You and I both know that international market forces dwarf US Federal land policies.

And opening up the land wide open is bad for business....in Colorado, where I live? Low energy prices= bust cycle. Energy companies don't like low prices....gas guzzling Americans do.

And to be clear, I think Biden is a boob....and his claim that he'll "limit the pain Americans are feeling at the gas pump" is stupid. As cradle and I were saying...who is dumb enough to buy that claim?

....and the XL Pipeline should have been approved and finished years ago...even though the XL simply drops more oil to the Gulf, on its way for export. Nothing wrong with profit.

You’re right OPEC Venezuela and Mexico have as much of an impact on our crude and refining capacity. We are exporting NG just dumb.

Above $50 a barrel fracking is more sustainable than releasing strategic reserves.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

lagerhead wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:31 pm

You’re right OPEC Venezuela and Mexico have as much of an impact on our crude and refining capacity. We are exporting NG just dumb.

Above $50 a barrel fracking is more sustainable than releasing strategic reserves.
Opening up NYS to fracking would be nice. Silly to see Steuben Co broke and five mi away in Tioga Co PA they’re pumping cash due to an arbitrary state line.

Wonder how the Bakken fields investments are doing these days
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ll/626976/

"When Hillary Clinton sought to sow doubts about Barack Obama, her rival for the 2008 Democratic presidential nomination, she ran an attack ad tarnishing him as dangerously inexperienced. As the screen shows images from a suburban house, a husky-voiced narrator intones: “It’s 3 a.m. and your children are safe and asleep, but there’s a phone in the White House and it’s ringing.” There’s clearly been a terrible international incident. The narrator asks, “Who do you want answering the phone?”

As the Russian invasion of Ukraine has unfolded, the narrator’s question has rattled around my head. The invasion is a moral test, because Putin has committed atrocities that demand the strongest possible response. And it is a strategic test, because the strongest possible response could very plausibly escalate into a nuclear conflict.

Joe Biden hasn’t received the full credit he deserves for his statecraft during this crisis, because he has pursued a policy of self-effacement. Rather than touting his accomplishments in mobilizing a unified global response to the invasion, he has portrayed the stringent sanctions as the triumph of an alliance. By carefully limiting his own public role—and letting France’s Emmanuel Macron and Germany’s Olaf Scholz take turns as the lead faces of NATO—he has left Vladimir Putin with little opportunity to portray the conflict as a standoff with the United States, a narrative that the Russian leader would clearly prefer. He’s shown how to wield American leadership in the face of deep European ambivalence about its exercise.

His handling of the domestic politics of the crisis has been just as savvy. Although he could justifiably have portrayed Republicans as the party of Putin apologists, he refrained from dinging his political enemies. During his State of the Union address, he actively encouraged Republicans to feel as if they were his partners in a popular front.

This is surely redolent of the bipartisan foreign policy that Biden nostalgically yearns to revive. But it’s also an important tactic. By depoliticizing the issue, he has made it likely that Congress will quickly fund aid and arms for the Ukrainian military. And as gas prices spike, it will be rhetorically harder for Republicans to effectively pin the blame on him, because they have been fully supportive of sanctions.

Even as Biden has built a bipartisan consensus, he’s resisted pressure to pursue a more hawkish course. As a Democrat who lived through the 9/11 era, he remembers well how he and other leaders of his party adopted chest-thumping policies to defuse accusations of weakness. For decades, Democratic aspirants attempted to demonstrate their own steel in order to avoid evoking the politically fatal image of Michael Dukakis in a tank.

The same dynamic could have easily transpired with Ukraine. But Biden’s faith in his own foreign-policy chops leaves him unconcerned about proving his bona fides. He knows the dangers of bluster and has steadfastly avoided them. When Putin announced that he was putting his nuclear arsenal into “special combat readiness,” Biden quickly made clear that he wouldn’t reciprocate. He has brushed off calls to impose a no-fly zone over Ukraine. From the start of his administration, he has tried to telegraph his thinking to Putin, so that the Russian leader could never misunderstand his intentions, and would never mistakenly assume that an American strike against Russia was imminent.

After Afghanistan revealed a failure to imagine the worst-case scenario, Biden’s response to Russia’s war has been marked by its creativity. In advance of the invasion, the administration surreptitiously hastened its shipments of arms to Ukraine, bestowing on it an armament well suited to the eventuality of urban combat. By preparing a suite of unconventional sanctions long before Putin’s troops crossed the border, the administration avoided the need to cobble together policy and the scramble to inform allies of its plans. The legwork was already done. Most impressively, it broadcast its intelligence about Russia to the world in anticipation of an invasion. (Having a veteran diplomat as CIA chief helps.) Because its assessment of Russian intentions proved to be painfully accurate, the maneuver has helped reclaim the lost trust of allies and the global public.

It’s a quietly bravura performance—and it’s hard to imagine that any of Biden’s rivals from the last election, not just Donald Trump but also the Democrats, could have come close to matching it. If anything, it is reminiscent of how George H. W. Bush led the world through the end of the Cold War, a similarly chaotic moment that could have easily exploded into nuclear conflict. In the middle of Joe Biden’s 3 a.m. call, I find myself grateful that he’s the one answering the phone."
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Coulda, shoulda, woulda.

Trump's thwarted oil buy for the strategic reserves sure does hurt now.

Coulda paid for Ukraine, Infrastructure...or just had topped off reserves.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... on-bonanza

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate- ... c-reserve/
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-glob ... SKCN2251QU

https://www.energy.gov/articles/departm ... hase-crude

He also released reserves earlier: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/15/trump-s ... tacks.html

Yes, it would have been better to have had had more replenished at super low point, but logistics were huge problem.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:44 am

Coulda, shoulda, woulda.

:lol: I don't think this is your best argument, my man.

1. That's not even a week's worth of oil Kram.
2. Doesn't this price spike speak to the need to reduce gas and oil consumption? Naaaah. Why think long term, right?
3. You're asking the .gov to intervene and fix the free market....a Republican no-no, remember?
4. If you don't have enough money for gas....isn't the Republican solution to either shut up and get another job....or don't buy what you can't afford?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:59 am

Coulda, shoulda, woulda.

:lol: I don't think this is your best argument, my man.

1. That's not even a week's worth of oil Kram.
2. Doesn't this price spike speak to the need to reduce gas and oil consumption? Naaaah. Why think long term, right?
3. You're asking the .gov to intervene and fix the free market....a Republican no-no, remember?
4. If you don't have enough money for gas....isn't the Republican solution to either shut up and get another job....or don't buy what you can't afford?
Markets aren't always "perfect"???
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Coulda, shoulda, woulda.

The Biden administration is the most inept cast of clowns I have ever seen, and that includes such recent gems as Peter Navarro. From Covid missteps to suppressing the oil and gas industry, to now messing up at every possible turn in Ukraine, to sending that positively bizarre public speaker Kamala Harris who had to be saved twice by the non-English speaking president of Poland, to Buttigieg as Transportation Secry, to that woke imbecile Majorkas as head of DHS, you will be hard pressed to find a more feeble cast of characters in government. We even have a cross dressing furry as a divisional head of nuclear waste. Holy moley, folks.

We survive in spite of our government.

Thank god for a system and Constitution that is still capitalist enough to produce people like Elon Musk, who alone carries 70,000+ employees, not to mention ballooning the 401k’s of millions more. Without the capitalist room to be free to achieve, our country would fail overnight. November 8 can’t arrive fast enough.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Petey = Essex
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Petey = Essex = Bandito

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:44 am Petey = Essex = Bandito

Biden and Harris make Americans yearn for the days of Carter and Mondale.

Crime. War. Inflation. Woke.

I’m just not seeing positive news here except from Tesla, a company whose very name Biden won’t utter. Tells you what you need to know tbh.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:15 pm

I’m just not seeing positive news here except from Tesla, a company whose very name Biden won’t utter. Tells you what you need to know tbh.

Iranian missiles just rained down on a US airbase and consulate in Iraq.

Supposedly, American warplane are already in the sky to Teheran?

https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/150 ... 60193?s=21

As a reminder, Joe was negotiating with these lunatics this week for lifting sanctions and oil.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:01 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:15 pm

Iranian missiles just rained down on a US airbase and consulate in Iraq.

Supposedly, American warplane are already in the sky to Teheran?

https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/150 ... 60193?s=21

As a reminder, Joe was negotiating with these lunatics this week for lifting sanctions and oil.

American journalist was shot and killed by a Russian this morning.

Biden said in February he wouldn’t put up with Americans dying in Ukraine.

Well?

What a pathetic administration. They’re already making excuses for the Iranian missiles.

Return to “POLITICS”