All Things Russia & Ukraine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: All Things Russia & Ukraine

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:49 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:16 am
tech37 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:22 am
a fan wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:31 pm
It’s up to Zelensky to deescalate, and get the whole world out of this mess. He’s got to stay safe, and get Putin his face saving deal.
This! We escalate, this realistic best case option goes away. Leave US out of it neocons, chicken hawks, and flat-out crazies.
The neocon and DC establishment is itching to send your children to war.

You can run down a long list of insane tweets and press releases, but Adam Kinzinger is right up there with his overly emotional, teen girl-like repetitive demand to declare war on Russia today. There are more examples of course, but he’s the most uninformed, yet often interviewed congressman doing this. It’s really defaulting of his voice for anything else, sadly for the TDS crowd who otherwise adore this guy.
Please provide us with a tweet from Kinzinger demanding that we declare war on Russia.

Else stop with with the disinformation campaign.

1BCC53C7-A814-4156-AA17-59ECDC4E2FA8.jpeg
1BCC53C7-A814-4156-AA17-59ECDC4E2FA8.jpeg (233.29 KiB) Viewed 690 times
7B881D6A-0172-4F0E-9FD6-B9CE5FC0E5E7.jpeg
7B881D6A-0172-4F0E-9FD6-B9CE5FC0E5E7.jpeg (150.98 KiB) Viewed 690 times
EF87818E-33ED-4A2E-9E44-B9EA73D331B0.jpeg
EF87818E-33ED-4A2E-9E44-B9EA73D331B0.jpeg (172 KiB) Viewed 690 times
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:52 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:49 am
It’s up to Zelensky to deescalate, and get the whole world out of this mess. He’s got to stay safe, and get Putin his face saving deal.
This! We escalate, this realistic best case option goes away. Leave US out of it neocons, chicken hawks, and flat-out crazies.

You can run down a long list of insane tweets and press releases, but Adam Kinzinger is right up there with his overly emotional, teen girl-like repetitive demand to declare war on Russia today. There are more examples of course, but he’s the most uninformed, yet often interviewed congressman doing this. It’s really defaulting of his voice for anything else, sadly for the TDS crowd who otherwise adore this guy.
Please provide us with a tweet from Kinzinger demanding that we declare war on Russia.

Else stop with with the disinformation campaign.

1BCC53C7-A814-4156-AA17-59ECDC4E2FA8.jpeg

7B881D6A-0172-4F0E-9FD6-B9CE5FC0E5E7.jpeg

EF87818E-33ED-4A2E-9E44-B9EA73D331B0.jpeg

A39BC55E-C1EE-441D-B843-EAA9F8EEBBF0.jpeg
A39BC55E-C1EE-441D-B843-EAA9F8EEBBF0.jpeg (143.62 KiB) Viewed 689 times

Do you need more? Just ask.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:51 am
Biden's bold gamble might just save Ukraine.
what IS it called, an anagram, where the same letters, arranged differently, spell completely different words ?

Cause, all I am getting out of this "headline" is that Bill Gates (MSN is microsoft, yes) and friends, really mean "midterms" instead of "Ukraine"

was never good these word games......to middle brained ;)
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Russia says it has an American citizen basketball player in custody. Brittney Griner, 2 time Olympic Gold Medalist for having vape cartridges that contained hashish oil in her luggage at the Moscow Airport.

Two U.S. Senators (Rubio and Daines) violate agreement not to release any information while on a Zoom call with Zelinskyy this morning and release screenshots while the call is in progress. Morons.

Nifty video this AM of a Russian helo being brought down by a stinger missile.

Last edited by Kismet on Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

download/file.php?id=1896

The world stood by as traitor Bush invaded 2 countries and killed over a million innocent people that posed absolutely no threat to us. He eve threatened Iran but thankfully was stopped in his Hitlerian ambitions. Two countries destroyed and our nation's debt increased to unprecedented levels. That's what happens when you sit by and do nothing to stop such criminal ambitions.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Ukraine's declaration of New Hope For the World:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FNAnX5HXoAY ... me=900x900

Sisterhood of fighting femmes.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:05 am Ukraine's declaration of New Hope For the World:

Ukraine is doing wonders for saving the Second Amendment in the States!

Beto is probably crying every time he sees a photo like this of a Ukrainian mom headed to the Kyiv team station.

01FBD81B-5018-4C9B-910E-6F20918AC7CC.jpeg
01FBD81B-5018-4C9B-910E-6F20918AC7CC.jpeg (194.13 KiB) Viewed 679 times
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:07 amMaybe we could just train them on video games? Half of the pimple faced US teenagers in America today could blow up that stalled convoy in a day. Hell, maybe they could even make it to the bonus round? :roll: If only it were that easy???
We're pretty close to that already. Similar to how some grenades were modeled on the size and weight of baseballs.

Army fly UAV Spy Plane with Xbox 360 Controller

Why the Navy Plans to Use 12-Year-Old Xbox 360 Controllers on Its Most Advanced Subs
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:13 am
Brooklyn wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:05 am Ukraine's declaration of New Hope For the World:

Beto is probably crying every time he sees a photo like this of a Ukrainian mom headed to the Kyiv team station.

01FBD81B-5018-4C9B-910E-6F20918AC7CC. jpeg

Actually the New Black Panthers and the NFAC have done that already:

https://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/ ... er-169.jpg

NFAC = no more f____g around coalition ~ ""In one sense it (NFAC) echoes the Black Panthers but they are more heavily armed and more disciplined..."

Every pro 2d Amendment person agrees that they should armed and hunt down any cop who dares to kill innocent people. Right?

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:49 am

NFAC = no more f____g around coalition ~ ""In one sense it (NFAC) echoes the Black Panthers but they are more heavily armed and more disciplined..."

Every pro 2d Amendment person agrees that they should armed and hunt down any cop who dares to kill innocent people. Right?

“Hunt down”

:roll:

The number of UNARMED black persons shot by police in 2019 was 14. Whites 25. (the key word is unarmed…presumably if someone is armed the story is less clear).

https://www.manhattan-institute.org/pol ... -injustice

In any event, absolutely no one I know considers a persons race when handing out gun permits. I’m slightly less absolutist as I’m a backer of intelligent red flag laws.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

^ from your link: "The database does not include those killed by other means, like George Floyd."

Nor does it include the fact that cops control the drug trade in so many cities as shown in Peter Maas's book "Serpico" and in others. How many thousands of people die every year from the proliferation of drugs?

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:45 pm ^ from your link: "The database does not include those killed by other means, like George Floyd."

Nor does it include the fact that cops control the drug trade in so many cities as shown in Peter Maas's book "Serpico" and in others. How many thousands of people die every year from the proliferation of drugs?

You and I agree on the outrageously unconstitutional abuse by police and prosecutors of civil asset forfeiture. Further, you and I agree on the historical stain on American society of the incarceration system in America.

Where we disagree is I am a stern proponent of arresting and incarcerating anyone proven to have committed a VIOLENT crime, whereas you don’t really seem to care about violent crime at all but you do want to lock up political opponents, truck drivers, and police.

It shouldn’t escape anyone here that your city is in a crime free-for-all thunderdome; almost no crime gets solved anymore in Minneapolis (unless the feds step in, similar to Baltimore and all other cities where progressive DA’s can’t distinguish violent from non-violent crime, so they basically give up and let the madness rule).

At the same time that violent crime grows unabated and unsolved in Minneapolis, you’re here agitating that police are all bad. Even though police are all that stands between you and anarchy at this stage. Interesting choice!

Look, stick with that message until November 8, I am begging you, and please get the other Democratic denizens here to sign on!!!! :lol:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:47 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:07 amMaybe we could just train them on video games? Half of the pimple faced US teenagers in America today could blow up that stalled convoy in a day. Hell, maybe they could even make it to the bonus round? :roll: If only it were that easy???
We're pretty close to that already. Similar to how some grenades were modeled on the size and weight of baseballs.

Army fly UAV Spy Plane with Xbox 360 Controller

Why the Navy Plans to Use 12-Year-Old Xbox 360 Controllers on Its Most Advanced Subs
Interesting you mentioned how hand grenades were shaped like baseballs. That is what we were taught in basic training. Hand grenades are not as they are portrayed in the movies. Hand grenades always scared the chit out of me. A single grenade has a kill radius of about 30 feet. There is a safety clip, probably required by OSHA on every hand grenade. You can pull the pin and throw the grenade, but it won't detonate if you don't take off that clip. True story from a live fire exercise my unit did at Dugway Proving grounds in Utah. My platoon was conducting a fire and maneuver live fire drill up a steep hill. My buddy Vernon Whisenhunt throws his grenade. The damn thing hits a rock and bounces back towards us. Vernon forgot to take the safety clip off and the grenade wound up about 10 feet in front of us and did not detonate. Lucky us... FTR you can throw a potato masher alot farther because it is attached to that wooden handle.
https://www.bing.com/images/search?view ... ajaxserp=0
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:10 pm You and I agree on the outrageously unconstitutional abuse by police and prosecutors of civil asset forfeiture. Further, you and I agree on the historical stain on American society of the incarceration system in America.

Where we disagree is I am a stern proponent of arresting and incarcerating anyone proven to have committed a VIOLENT crime, whereas you don’t really seem to care about violent crime at all but you do want to lock up political opponents, truck drivers, and police.

It shouldn’t escape anyone here that your city is in a crime free-for-all thunderdome; almost no crime gets solved anymore in Minneapolis (unless the feds step in, similar to Baltimore and all other cities where progressive DA’s can’t distinguish violent from non-violent crime, so they basically give up and let the madness rule).

At the same time that violent crime grows unabated and unsolved in Minneapolis, you’re here agitating that police are all bad. Even though police are all that stands between you and anarchy at this stage. Interesting choice!

Look, stick with that message until November 8, I am begging you, and please get the other Democratic denizens here to sign on!!!! :lol:

''whereas you don’t really seem to care about violent crime at all''

Since when? Prove to me that I ever said that. On the contrary, when violent crime takes place such as that committed by your hero Chauvin, I've said he should be hunted down like a dog.

''progressive DA’s''

We've gone over the fact that people like Mike Freeman isn't a progressive at all. As always, so many people think Minnesota is ever so liberal or whatever when more often than not it is as right wing and backward as any other place.

''police are all that stands between you and anarchy''

If anything, they are the ones who often cause anarchy here and elsewhere. I've given you enough online references to prove that point. Unfortunately the reactionary forces at work refuse to impose police reform. The blood of innocents remains on their hands, not mine.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

OK, time to get back on topic:

‘I Just Can’t Stand By’: American Veterans Join the Fight in Ukraine
All across the country, small groups of military veterans are hungry for what they see as a righteous fight to defend freedom against an autocratic aggressor.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/05/us/a ... ussia.html

Hector served two violent tours in Iraq as a United States Marine, then got out, got a pension and a civilian job, and thought he was done with military service. But on Friday, he boarded a plane for one more deployment, this time as a volunteer in Ukraine. He checked in several bags filled with rifle scopes, helmets and body armor donated by other veterans.

“Sanctions can help, but sanctions can’t help right now, and people need help right now,” said the former Marine, who lives in Tampa Bay, Fla., and like other veterans interviewed for this article asked that only his first name be used for security reasons. “I can help right now.”

He is one of a surge of American veterans who say they are now preparing to join the fight in Ukraine, emboldened by the invitation of the country’s president, Volodymyr Zelensky, who earlier this week announced he was creating an “international legion” and asked volunteers from around the world to help defend his nation against Russia.

Ukraine’s minister of foreign affairs, Dmytro Kuleba, echoed the call for fighters, saying on Twitter, “Together we defeated Hitler, and we will defeat Putin, too.”

Hector said he hoped to train Ukrainians in his expertise: armored vehicles and heavy weapons.

“A lot of veterans, we have a calling to serve, and we trained our whole career for this kind of war,” he said. “Sitting by and doing nothing? I had to do that when Afghanistan fell apart, and it weighted heavily on me. I had to act.”

All across the United States, small groups of military veterans are gathering, planning and getting passports in order. After years of serving in smoldering occupations, trying to spread democracy in places that had only a tepid interest in it, many are hungry for what they see as a righteous fight to defend freedom against an autocratic aggressor with a conventional and target-rich army.

“It was very quickly overwhelming, almost too many people wanted to help,” said David Ribardo, a former Army officer who now owns a property management business in Allentown, Pa.
“It was very quickly overwhelming, almost too many people wanted to help,” said David Ribardo, a former Army officer who now owns a property management business in Allentown, Pa. Credit...Michelle Gustafson for The New York Times
“It’s a conflict that has a clear good and bad side, and maybe that stands apart from other recent conflicts,” said David Ribardo, a former Army officer who now owns a property management business in Allentown, Pa. “A lot of us are watching what is happening and just want to grab a rifle and go over there.”

After the invasion, he saw veterans flooding social media eager to join the fight. Unable to go because of commitments here, he has spent the past week acting as a sort of middle man for a group called Volunteers for Ukraine, identifying veterans and other volunteers with useful skills and connecting them with donors who buy gear and airline tickets.

“It was very quickly overwhelming, almost too many people wanted to help,” he said. In the past week, he said he has worked to sift those with valuable combat or medical skills from people he described as “combat tourists, who don’t have the correct experience and would not be an asset.”

He said his group has also had to comb out a number of extremists.

Fund-raising sites such as GoFundMe have rules against collecting money for armed conflict, so Mr. Ribardo said his group and others have been careful to avoid specifically directing anyone to get involved in the fighting. Rather, he said, he simply connects those he has vetted with people who want to donate plane tickets and nonlethal supplies, describing his role as being “a Tinder for veterans and donors.”

A number of mainstream media outlets, including Military Times and Time, have published step-by-step guides on joining the military in Ukraine. The Ukrainian government instructed interested volunteers to contact its consulates this week.

Several veterans who contacted the consulates this week said they were still waiting for a response, and believed staff members were overwhelmed.

On Thursday, Mr. Zelensky claimed in a video on Telegram that 16,000 volunteers had joined the international brigade, though it is unclear what the true number is. The New York Times was not able to identify any veterans actively fighting in Ukraine.

The outpouring of support is driven, veterans said, by past experiences. Some want to try to recapture the intense clarity and purpose they felt in war, which is often missing in modern suburban life. Others want a chance to make amends for failed missions in Iraq and Afghanistan, and see the fight to defend a democracy against a totalitarian invader as the reason they joined the military.

To an extent not seen in past conflicts, the impulse to join has been fueled partly by an increasingly connected world. Americans watching real-time video in Ukraine can, with a click, connect to like-minded volunteers around the globe. A veteran in Phoenix can find a donor in London with unused airline miles, a driver in Warsaw offering a free ride to the border and a local to stay with in Ukraine.

Of course, war is rarely as straightforward as the deeply felt idealism that drives people to enlist. And volunteers risk not only their own lives, but also drawing the United States into a direct conflict with Russia.

Top U.S. and Ukrainian diplomats meet at border with Poland to assess additional support to Kyiv.
Civilians waving white flags while fleeing a besieged city were stopped by heavy fighting, officials say.
Ukrainians present Russian prisoners of war to the press.
“War is an unpredictable animal, and once you let it out, no one — no one — knows what will happen,” said Daniel Gale, who lost a leg in Iraq before going on to teach leadership for several years at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point and retiring as a lieutenant colonel. He said he understood the urge to fight but said the risk of escalation resulting in nuclear war was too great.

“I just feel heartsick,” he said. “War is terrible and the innocent always suffer most.”

The risk of unintended escalation has led the U.S. federal government to try to keep citizens from becoming freelance fighters, not just in this conflict, but for centuries. In 1793, President Washington issued a Proclamation of Neutrality warning Americans to stay out of the French Revolution. But the efforts have been uneven, and often swayed by the larger national sentiment. So over the generations a steady stream of idealists, romantics, mercenaries and filibusters have taken up arms, — riding with Pancho Villa in Mexico, ferrying arms to Cuba, battling communists in Africa and even trying to establish new slave states in Central America.

The civil war in Spain just before the start of World War II is the best-known example. More than 3,000 Americans joined what became know as the Lincoln-Washington Battalion, to fight with the elected leftist government against fascist forces.

At the time, the United States wanted to avoid war with Europe, and stayed neutral, but the Young Communist League rented billboards to recruit fighters, and members of the establishment held fund-raisers to send young men overseas.

That effort, now often romanticized as a valiant prelude to the fight against the Nazis, ended badly. The poorly trained and equipped brigades made a disastrous assault of a fortified ridge in 1937 and three-quarters of the men were killed or wounded. Others faced near starvation in captivity. Their leader, a former math professor who was the inspiration for the protagonist in Ernest Hemingway’s novel “For Whom the Bell Tolls” was later captured and most likely executed.

On Thursday, the Russian Defense Ministry spokesman, Igor Konashenkov, told the Russian News Agency that foreign fighters would not be considered soldiers, but mercenaries, and would not be protected under humanitarian rules regarding the treatment of prisoners of war.

On Thursday, the Russian Defense Ministry spokesman, Igor Konashenkov, told the Russian News Agency that foreign fighters would be treated as mercenaries, not soldiers.Credit...Zack Wittman for The New York Times
“At best, they can expect to be prosecuted as criminals,” Mr. Konashenkov said. We are urging all foreign citizens who may have plans to go and fight for Kyiv’s nationalist regime to think a dozen times before getting on the way.”

Despite the risks — both individual and strategic — the United States government has so far been measured in its warnings. Asked during a news conference this week what he would tell Americans who want to fight in Ukraine, Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken pointed to official statements, first issued weeks ago, imploring U.S. citizens in the country to depart immediately.

He said: “For those who want to help Ukraine and help its people, there are many ways to do that, including by supporting and helping the many NGOs that are working to provide humanitarian assistance; providing resources themselves to groups that are trying to help Ukraine by being advocates for Ukraine and for peaceful resolution to this crisis that was created by Russia.”

That has not dissuaded a number of veterans who are all too familiar with the risks of combat.

James was a medic who first saw combat when he replaced another medic killed in fighting in Iraq in 2006. He did two more tours, in Iraq and Afghanistan, seeing so much blood and death that 10 years after leaving the military he still attends therapy at a veteran’s hospital.

But this week, as he watched Russian forces shell cities across Ukraine, he decided that he had to try to go there to help.

“Combat has a cost, that’s for sure; you think you can come back from war the same, but you can’t,” James said in a phone interview from his home in Dallas, where he said he was waiting to hear back from Ukrainian officials. “But I feel obligated. It’s the innocent people being attacked — the kids. It’s the kids, man. I just can’t stand by.”

Chase, a graduate student in Virginia, said that he volunteered to fight the Islamic State in Syria in 2019 and felt the same urgency for Ukraine, but he warned against simply going to the border without a plan.

In Syria, he said he knew well-meaning volunteers who were detained for weeks by local Kurdish authorities because they arrived unannounced. He arranged with Kurdish defense forces before arriving in Syria. There he spent months as a humble foot soldier with little pay and only basic rations.

Tactically, as an inexperienced grunt, he said, he was of little value. But to the people of northeastern Syria, he was a powerful symbol that the world was with them.

“I was a sign to them that the world was watching and they mattered,” he said.

A few months into his time in Syria, he was shot in the leg, and eventually returned to the United States. He came home and worked for a septic tank company, then got a job writing about used cars. When he saw explosions hitting Ukraine this week, the part of him that went to war three years ago reawakened.

“Everything here is just kind of empty and it doesn’t seem like I’m doing anything important,” he said in an interview from an extended-stay hotel in Virginia where he is living. “So I am trying to go. I don’t think I have a choice. You have to draw the line.”

Which of the forum's pro war "heroes" is going to join them? :lol:

a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:31 am
lagerhead wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:26 pm You can have the hardware, no US operators. No troops on the ground.
+100…..no US troops!

We can’t give them drones. We’re trying to deescalate….not ratchet up the military stakes.

That is is $10k question. What gives Putin an off ramp IF the entire goal was to have 'his' land back...or was it?
My opinion given a few days ago was the offer of Ukraine pledging not joining NATO----with instead, the US Arming the sh*t out of Ukraine...everyone is happy. That seems like the obvious path. Putin gets his NATO trophy. Ukraine gets its independence, and relative safety from Captain Nutjob.

Anyone else have anything?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

The worst being Lindsay Graham in a tweet suggesting Putin be assassinated. What the hell are these people thinking?! Actually, you can think it all you want but to put that out in a tweet? Amazing. Keep on poking the bear...
lagerhead

Post by lagerhead »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:48 am
lagerhead wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:26 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:02 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:27 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:53 pm But why would you ask such a ridiculous hypothetical?
...testing your commitment to non-partisanship on this subject. :mrgreen:
well, I guess ridiculous hypotheticals do at least stretch the imagination, and heck some imagination may be required. :o

But give me some drones first. And other covert, as needed.
You can have the hardware, no US operators. No troops on the ground.
That works; sit our folks next to a Ukrainian, show them how to move the drones, and when to push the Botton...take out tanks and supply trucks. Strategic targets.
No US involvement means no drone pilots sitting next to Ukrainian pilots. Don’t want it originating in the US and no drone pilots consulting in Ukraine.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:11 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:49 am

“Hunt down”

:roll:

The number of UNARMED black persons shot by police in 2019 was 14. Whites 25. (the key word is unarmed…presumably if someone is armed the story is less clear).

https://www.manhattan-institute.org/pol ... -injustice

In any event, absolutely no one I know considers a persons race when handing out gun permits. I’m slightly less absolutist as I’m a backer of intelligent red flag laws.
.. as usual Kellyanne, your statistics are irrelevant. There are 5.2 whites in the USA for each African American. So as usual black citizens are over represented in police shootings if you are trying to make a legitimate comparison, which clearly you weren't. :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:52 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:35 am
runrussellrun wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:26 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:53 am Attention-seeker Musk is calling for something that's already happening. Rapidly.

The market is responding quickly, uncapping wells that have already been drilled.

Exploration takes much longer.
your not wrong, but couldn't you be saying the exact same thing about plenty of other people ? Hillary, for one. Bill Gates.......

...besides, if people walked while playing golf, we wouldn't need so much oil in the first place ;)
Hillary sure, but I don't think Gates craves short-span attention for himself, though he does want to draw attention to his causes. He particularly uses his expertise for long form discussions to influence policy that he's actually an expert in, but I don't think that's personal attention seeking. I think he wants to have an impact in the areas he focuses his resources and attention to moving the needle on.

Musk seeks personal attention. Brilliant guy, but also an a-hole.

BTW, before you go there, Gates has a quite reprehensible personal life background. Kinda the nerd who finally found himself attracting women, he didn't say no when he should have.

Lots to not like or like about Gates, but on this personal attention seeking metric, I don't think he's akin to Musk.

I don't have an issue with Musk, who has a lot of followers who consider themselves sensitive to climate, using his influence to say it's ok to increase oil and gas production, but the implication is that's not already happening in response to profit opportunities and is instead constrained by "Democratic government regulations" is simply bogus. That'd be a reasonable debate re longer term, but he's asking for "immediate" increases and that has nothing to do with regulations. It's purely about producers and refiners now seeing massive profit in opening the spigots back up that had been closed when demand crashed...that's been happening already for more than 6 months and nothing else "immediate" is going to have an impact.
personally, I feel attacked by this response. Can one attack oneself, for sending out a query in the first place. It IS ok.....relax.....relax.

yes, stop attacking yourself.

dude, Gates only CAUSE.......IS himself.

for a guy who promised to "give it all away" ...seems odd he becomes 10 times wealthier after making that "pledge"

yeah, not much to like about Gates, but, overall, you'll listen to him about MEDICAL issues, because, like another college dropout, Joe Rogan listening....repeat, having a MEDICAL community guest, discuss topics.......is tin foil hat stuff.

yes, stop attacking yourself, fatty........no matter what, you will NEVER hear " you make a good point"

got some lacrosse games.....
not in the slightest attacking, just discussing.

yes, some good games.

Return to “POLITICS”