The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:22 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:06 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:05 pm Pete still thinks presidents control gas prices.

Neat-o.

You and your like will get what you deserve.
Can you explain why Joe shut down the Kesytone XL pipeline?
hmmm, why would you post this, after this exact bs has been so thoroughly discussed and refuted as having any impact on US prices?

Oh yeah, boo Biden. Go R's.

I've previously said that I think building Keystone, perhaps with modifications, would be in the United States' strategic interest, and so would support finding a way to ensure as much easy access to Canadian reserves as we can... but it has bupkus to do with US oil prices this past year or this one or next year. Most likely will never have an impact on US prices. But strategically it would provide additional potential resiliency.

But the big picture, long term, is alternatives, not oil and gas.

It has been ‘refuted’ only in your partisan mind.

But interestingly, you’re so quick to suggest that cancelling Keystone has no impact on pricing (even though it would not have taken a year more to complete), yet you then advocate for alternative energy sources, which will take decades to complete and absolutely have no near term impact on energy prices…

Meanwhile, why does Joe Biden refuse to acknowledge Tesla, an American company which has done more for alternative energy than all other companies in the United States combined?

https://www.smh.com.au/business/compani ... 59tdl.html

Union cash > anything :lol:

And you want us to clap for this clown?
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:27 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:05 pm Pete still thinks presidents control gas prices.

Neat-o.

So are you saying Joe was lying?

:lol: Gee, ya think?? Naaaah. Not possible, YA. He has a letter D by his name. And those guys would NEVER lie.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:35 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:27 pm

Neat-o.

So are you saying Joe was lying?

:lol: Gee, ya think?? Naaaah. Not possible, YA. He has a letter D by his name. And those guys would NEVER lie.

Last thing I’m gonna say here, but administrations absolutely can impact energy prices. Oil drilling rights, regulatory relief, PIPELINE approvals, etc…
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:33 pm

Neat-o.

hmmm, why would you post this, after this exact bs has been so thoroughly discussed and refuted as having any impact on US prices?

I've previously said that I think building Keystone, perhaps with modifications, would be in the United States' strategic interest, and so would support finding a way to ensure as much easy access to Canadian reserves as we can... but it has bupkus to do with US oil prices this past year or this one or next year. Most likely will never have an impact on US prices. But strategically it would provide additional potential resiliency.

But interestingly, you’re so quick to suggest that cancelling Keystone has no impact on pricing (even though it would not have taken a year more to complete), yet you then advocate for alternative energy sources, which will take decades to complete and absolutely have no near term impact on energy prices…

Meanwhile, why does Joe Biden refuse to acknowledge Tesla, an American company which has done more for alternative energy than all other companies in the United States combined?

nope, this has been refuted thoroughly. You've tried to make the claim that the rise in prices this past year was due to the decision to not build Keystone. Totally BS.

We've had a worldwide crash in demand, forcing marginal producers to cap wells and stop exploration. Many went bankrupt. We're now in the midst of a massive spike in demand, enabling open well producers to charge radically escalating prices that will only moderate when either demand reduces or production increases with wells uncapped, etc. Huge increase in profit margins.

And we're now also in a highly speculative environment in which one major source of energy may actually get cut off from world markets. It's not the oil/gas that we buy from Russia that matters, it's that IF we do sanction their industry or alternatively they cut off pumping, the world markets will need time to adapt. Having Iran still constricted doesn't give the world that outlet, and the Saudis haven't been any real help yet...but producers are definitely uncapping wells and investing in exploration again. But it takes time. Meanwhile, speculators have bid up prices and the producing countries love it.

If you want to argue that the decision re Keystone might effect some future prices in the US, it would at least be in the realm of plausible...except that oil and gas prices are global markets, not reducible because our neighbor Canada distributes it through the US to the global market rather than off its own shores. Either way those resources will get to the global market.

But if you really want energy to be less expensive, we need alternatives to be lower cost than pumping oil and gas. The more that we do that the less profit taking the oil producers will enjoy, though it will still have a place in our overall energy system and oil producers will still earn profits...but less than they are right now...at least until alternatives can take over entirely...and that's going to take awhile.

As to Tesla, great story, a-hole CEO. That simple.
Brilliant, but an a-hole who became a partisan political player.

But love the innovation.
I couldn't care less what a paper in Australia has to say about a non-story.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:57 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:33 pm

Neat-o.

nope, this has been refuted thoroughly. You've tried to make the claim that the rise in prices this past year was due to the decision to not build Keystone. Totally BS.

We've had a worldwide crash in demand, forcing marginal producers to cap wells and stop exploration. Many went bankrupt. We're now in the midst of a massive spike in demand, enabling open well producers to charge radically escalating prices that will only moderate when either demand reduces or production increases with wells uncapped, etc. Huge increase in profit margins.

And we're now also in a highly speculative environment in which one major source of energy may actually get cut off from world markets. It's not the oil/gas that we buy from Russia that matters, it's that IF we do sanction their industry or alternatively they cut off pumping, the world markets will need time to adapt. Having Iran still constricted doesn't give the world that outlet, and the Saudis haven't been any real help yet...but producers are definitely uncapping wells and investing in exploration again. But it takes time. Meanwhile, speculators have bid up prices and the producing countries love it.

If you want to argue that the decision re Keystone might effect some future prices in the US, it would at least be in the realm of plausible...except that oil and gas prices are global markets, not reducible because our neighbor Canada distributes it through the US to the global market rather than off its own shores. Either way those resources will get to the global market.

But if you really want energy to be less expensive, we need alternatives to be lower cost than pumping oil and gas. The more that we do that the less profit taking the oil producers will enjoy, though it will still have a place in our overall energy system and oil producers will still earn profits...but less than they are right now...at least until alternatives can take over entirely...and that's going to take awhile.

As to Tesla, great story, a-hole CEO. That simple.
Brilliant, but an a-hole who became a partisan political player.

But love the innovation.
I couldn't care less what a paper in Australia has to say about a non-story.

That’s not what I ‘said’. What I said is canceling Keystone was symptomatic of an administration which doesn’t prioritize energy independence, and that overall messaging (including so many other decisions) would translate in higher gas prices. Coupled with boneheaded foreign policy decisions, Americans can see with their own eyes how this has played out.

The Tesla snubbing isn’t simply noticed in Australian papers. It’s a rather large issue among many folks and shows yet again how incredibly incompetent this administration is. Tesla is one of America’s great success stories, but because it’s not unionized, this clown car administration won’t recognize them. Ayfkm?!??

For all of Trump’s many weaknesses, the current administration is in a league of its own.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Nope, you'd previously made those spurious claims and they were refuted thoroughly...you can try and backpedal but you said it again just above.

It's a dumb statement. Totally wrong.

And no, "messaging" doesn't drive prices more than a tiny bit on the margin.

Ok, so you now want to claim that the Biden Admin "doesn’t prioritize energy independence"...also not accurate, but at least that's a semi-debatable proposition. The more accurate statement would be that the Biden Admin doesn't prioritize oil and gas over alternatives as the means to achieve and maintain energy independence.

In addition to climate, the strategic point of alternative energy sources, is that alternatives are not tied to kleptocratic foreign producers of oil and gas.

We have our own very substantial reserves of oil and gas, hugely so with our neighbor/ally Canada, but the key factor is to reduce the need for those reserves to be tapped because we so efficiently meet our energy demand in other ways.

Better yet, be an exporter of these technologies to the rest of the world, further reducing the need for those kleptocratic producers, whether Russia, or the ME, or Venezuela to hold such sway on the world.
DocBarrister

Biden Approval Up Eight Points

Post by DocBarrister »

Now at 47%. Not great, but better.

https://www.npr.org/2022/03/04/10844638 ... ne-economy

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:40 pm Last thing I’m gonna say here, but administrations absolutely can impact energy prices. Oil drilling rights, regulatory relief, PIPELINE approvals, etc…
That's neat, Pete.

So If I look at Trump' s four years, I'm not going to find higher gas prices under Trump than I'd find for Obama or Biden?

And yes, this is a trick question, Pete.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Biden Approval Up Eight Points

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DocBarrister wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:13 pm Now at 47%. Not great, but better.

DocBarrister 8-)
Way better. Long way to go yet.

But that's all before these new jobs #'s, participation rate and unemployment rate.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

The real price of a gallon of gasoline was $2.19 when Trump took office Jan 2017. In Jan 2020, before Covid had any meaningful impact on demand, it was $2.55/gallon. $0.36 increase which is a 16.4% cumulative increase, let’s just call it 5%/yr (if compounded or CAGR).

https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/gas ... ations.php
a fan

Post by a fan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:36 pm The real price of a gallon of gasoline was $2.19 when Trump took office Jan 2017. In Jan 2020, before Covid had any meaningful impact on demand, it was $2.55/gallon. $0.36 increase which is a 16.4% cumulative increase, let’s just call it 5%/yr (if compounded or CAGR).

https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/gas ... ations.php
Oh my G&D, FarfromGeneva! Trump had higher gas prices!! Boy, don't tell Pete that Trumpy "forgot" to make the price go down over his four years!

(btw, I'm appreciating your posts on the Financial thread....thank you, and keep it up if you have the time)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:29 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:40 pm Last thing I’m gonna say here, but administrations absolutely can impact energy prices. Oil drilling rights, regulatory relief, PIPELINE approvals, etc…
That's neat, Pete.

So If I look at Trump' s four years, I'm not going to find higher gas prices under Trump than I'd find for Obama or Biden?

So if gas was only 2 dollars a gallon you don't think Bidens posse would be taking credit for that?? Typical political BS. They take credit for the good and pass the buck on the bad. You can't have it both ways. :?
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Re: Biden Approval Up Eight Points

Post by jhu72 »

DocBarrister wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:13 pm Now at 47%. Not great, but better.

DocBarrister 8-)
... only Trumpnista clowns thought Biden's approval rating would stay at 40% or lower forever. :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:02 am
That's neat, Pete.

So if gas was only 2 dollars a gallon you don't think Bidens posse would be taking credit for that?? Typical political BS. They take credit for the good and pass the buck on the bad. You can't have it both ways. :?
Have you lived through like 30 presidents? They all do that.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

That's neat, Pete.

I’m having trouble understanding your point.

When I look at the list below, Trump entered office with retail gas at $2.34, and exited office with retail gas at $2.33. That’s a decline.

When Biden entered office, retail was $2.33, and today it’s at $3.52. That’s an increase, a rather large one. Gas stations in California today are over $7/gallon.

918C310E-2502-419F-95FC-A9B2BC5747F1.jpeg
918C310E-2502-419F-95FC-A9B2BC5747F1.jpeg (62 KiB) Viewed 623 times

I dunno man. Are you sure of your stake here?

For a self described ‘independent’ voter, your constant defense of Biden makes me wonda… :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Peter Brown on Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:41 am
That's neat, Pete.

Your exactly right, every president wants the glory and every president doesn't want to be held responsible when things go to hell in a handbasket. At this point in time, the Biden posse wants nothing to do with skyrocketing gas prices.. someone elses fault fer sure fer sure good buddy. I said if gas prices were 2 dollars, the Biden posse would be declaring that the result of their policies. It would not matter if their "policies" had diddly jack chit to do with lower gas prices. I'm not the financial guru that you are but I know how the game is played.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:02 am
That's neat, Pete.

Your exactly right, every president wants the glory and every president doesn't want to be held responsible when things go to hell in a handbasket. At this point in time, the Biden posse wants nothing to do with skyrocketing gas prices.. someone elses fault fer sure fer sure good buddy. I said if gas prices were 2 dollars, the Biden posse would be declaring that the result of their policies. It would not matter if their "policies" had diddly jack chit to do with lower gas prices. I'm not the financial guru that you are but I know how the game is played.

One reason among a trillion this clown administration is driving up energy prices is on day 1 of office, Biden signed back on to the Paris accords. I’m reliably informed that nothing Biden does can impact energy prices, and yet I look at the following and think I should probably ignore those reliable analysts at Fanlax. :lol:

Biden signed other directives to start undoing other Trump climate rollbacks. He ordered a temporary moratorium on new oil and gas leasing in what had been virgin Arctic wilderness, directed federal agencies to start looking at tougher mileage standards and other emission limits again, and began revoking Trump’s approval for the Keystone XL oil and gas pipeline.

Another first-day order directed agencies to consider the impact on climate, disadvantaged communities, and on future generations from any regulatory action that affects fossil fuel emissions, a new requirement. Human-caused climate change has been linked to worsening natural disasters, including wildfires, droughts, flooding and hurricanes.

https://apnews.com/article/b434bca5d6ba ... f4a0540a07
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:00 am
That's neat, Pete.

I’m having trouble understanding your point.

When I look at the list below, Trump entered office with retail gas at $2.34, and exited office with retail gas at $2.33. That’s a decline.

When Biden entered office, retail was $2.33, and today it’s at $3.52. That’s an increase, a rather large one. Gas stations in California today are over $7/gallon.

918C310E-2502-419F-95FC-A9B2BC5747F1.jpeg

I dunno man. Are you sure of your stake here?

For a self described ‘independent’ voter, your constant defense of Biden makes me wonda… :lol: :lol:
You wouldn’t use mid Covid with Travel restriction and reduction in production you would use Jan 2020 as a measurement. It’s nonsense to use late 2020 as a datapoint.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:02 am
That's neat, Pete.

So don’t get mad about it. Just dismiss it and move on.

Return to “POLITICS”