All Things Russia & Ukraine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: All Things Russia & Ukraine

Post by jhu72 »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:42 am
jhu72 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:38 am
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:53 am
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:43 am
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:24 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:12 am
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:02 am Why does "some" of the media keep on mentioning "white" "christian" , "blue eyes"....and "European looking, middle class "

MSNBC and CBS, BBC especially, have been spewing this blatant racism all week.

Western Media is racist.........fact.
The media has slowly evolved in to a kleptocratic entity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBRwmTVVKQk

" ....blue eyes.....blond hair "

So much information out there..........turn off the hateful rhetoric......the MSNBC "talking point" starts at 2:00 minutes...........the hate spread by NBC is mind boggling.......

Ironically, the same kinds of folks self-identify as paragons of woke virtue and constantly attack others of being “racist”.

Explain that to me. Like I’m in first grade, please.
clearly, we are taking their actual words, out of context?

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/p ... ps-russia/

“A very significant number are white extremists," said Jason Blazakis, a senior researcher at The Soufan Center and a professor at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies (MIIS). “The bulk of those foreign fighters are coming from the near region,” he added, pointing to 800 fighters from Belarus and hundreds more coming from Germany, Georgia, Serbia and dozens of other countries across Europe. “That’s, in some ways, not too different than what you saw with ISIS,” Blazakis said, using an acronym for the Islamic State terror group.

These........are the PRO-democracy types that the pretend liberals are supporting? wtheck......idiot lemmings......"heard in on Morning Joe"
... you guys act surprised that there are scumbag white nationalists in Russia and Ukraine. Wherever there are white men there are such scumbags. Hell, we even have them in the US.
The surprise IS that you and yours are supporting them (hate groups ) ........all in the name of "Patriotism"..... :lol: :lol:
... bullsh*t as usual from you. There is a fraction of the Ukraine population that are white nationalists, just like the US. My support of Ukraine is not based on patriotism, it is based on people willing to fight fascism. 2 or 3 days ago I made a post that addresses this issue. You might want to look it up.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:47 am
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:02 am Why does "some" of the media keep on mentioning "white" "christian" , "blue eyes"....and "European looking, middle class "

So much information out there..........turn off the hateful rhetoric......the MSNBC "talking point" starts at 2:00 minutes...........the hate spread by NBC is mind boggling.......

Ironically, the same kinds of folks self-identify as paragons of woke virtue and constantly attack others of being “racist”.

“A very significant number are white extremists," said Jason Blazakis, a senior researcher at The Soufan Center and a professor at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies (MIIS). “The bulk of those foreign fighters are coming from the near region,” he added, pointing to 800 fighters from Belarus and hundreds more coming from Germany, Georgia, Serbia and dozens of other countries across Europe. “That’s, in some ways, not too different than what you saw with ISIS,” Blazakis said, using an acronym for the Islamic State terror group.

These........are the PRO-democracy types that the pretend liberals are supporting? wtheck......idiot lemmings......"heard in on Morning Joe"

I posted a week ago something along the lines of ‘hey slow your roll, this area is very complicated’ and I’m fairly sure someone here called me a ‘Putin apologist’.
... you're just being Kellyanne. :lol: :lol:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:50 am
... bullsh*t as usual from you. There is a fraction of the Ukraine population that are white nationalists, just like the US. My support of Ukraine is not based on patriotism, it is based on people willing to fight fascism. 2 or 3 days ago I made a post that addresses this issue. You might want to look it up.
Wait.......so we don't want to LUMP an entire peoples......together ?

Great, glad you are learning and will no longer continue in your atypical rants, with your "mouthbreather" type comments, self assured in your assumptions as to knowing anyone intentions.

but....just not willing to support fights against "facism" in your own backyard. Which, you consider "domestic terrorists" ;)

It is as if Putin is the only "bad guy", in the entire world.

But, China is cool with you......hypocrites.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:56 am
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:47 am

I posted a week ago something along the lines of ‘hey slow your roll, this area is very complicated’ and I’m fairly sure someone here called me a ‘Putin apologist’.
... you're just being Kellyanne. :lol: :lol:
many don't understand your comments or references. Who IS "kellyanne" and what does this person have to do with Northrup stock prices going up, up up.......

Your medical devices, anything made by facist slave traders in China.....since we are worried about the worlds bad people.

What is with the infotainment industry, talking about all the "white people ,with blue eyes" all about?

Ignore what is going on.........racists unite....UKRAINE girls really knock you out......because they "look like us ".

hypocrites.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:00 am

Great, glad you are learning and will no longer continue in your atypical rants, with your "mouthbreather" type comments, self assured in your assumptions as to knowing anyone intentions.

but....just not willing to support fights against "facism" in your own backyard. Which, you consider "domestic terrorists" ;)

:lol: :lol: You have no clue what you are typing about. China is not currently the battle ground.

... the only fascists of concern in my backyard are scumbag Trumpnista / republicans.

... shallow end of the gene pool dwellers are comic relief. :lol: :lol:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:11 am
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:00 am

:lol: :lol: You have no clue what you are typing about. China is not currently the battle ground.

... the only fascists of concern in my backyard are scumbag Trumpnista / republicans.

... shallow end of the gene pool dwellers are comic relief. :lol: :lol:
But....you agree.....that China is bad tho ?

exactly the words of a hypocrite. Are you about staving off the worlds evil people (Putin), or not (Xi/China)

yes, ALL republicans are scumbags...........the very "generalization" I was talking about.

But, you want to fight, and kill, to save the white supremes of Ukraine.......why?

and, we are guessing, that would be a YES.....on your medical device equipment being built in China. All about YOUR dollars, eh ;)
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Updates today

Per Ed Luce at Financial Times - "For the nth time Republicans, the reason Putin didn't invade Ukraine while Trump was president was because he was getting everything he wanted without firing a shot, or risking an oligarch. War is the last resort. Trump was a gift to Putin that kept on giving."

Lots of Russian nationals looking to get out of the country as the fear is that Putin is going to declare martial law.

Also reports that protestors arrested may now be conscripted into the army. That should improve morale.

Russian Major General Andrey Sukhovetsky was reportedly killed yesterday by a sniper.

Moldova and Georgia applied for accelerated EU membership immediately after Ukraine submitted its accelerated application.
Last edited by Kismet on Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Kismet wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:36 am
Also reports that protestors arrested may now be conscripted into the army. That should improve morale.
Interesting, and I had not thought about this until I read your post; how is the Russian army "manned"? Are they all volunteers or is there a mandatory involvement AKA Draft?
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Kismet wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:36 am Updates today

Per Ed Luce at Financial Times - "For the nth time Republicans, the reason Putin didn't invade Ukraine while Trump was president was because he was getting everything he wanted without firing a shot, or risking an oligarch. War is the last resort. Trump was a gift to Putin that kept on giving."

Lots of Russian nationals looking to get out of the country as the fear is that Putin is going to declare martial law.

Russian Major General Andrey Sukhovetsky was reportedly killed yesterday by a sniper.

Referring only to your first paragraph.

Ed Luce is a remarkably dishonest, effete, pedantic media hack. Media puts out the most excessive hyperbole so folks like Kismet excitedly repeat it, assuming it’s true, never looking at the actual scoreboard. The scoreboard says Putin laid off Ukraine while Trump was POTUS. Furthers it shows that Putin took Crimea while Obama was.

Always look at the scoreboard when folks are trying to see sell you BS. The scoreboard, unlike media, does not lie.

Like everyone, I want Ukraine to prevail. I think Putin has committed war crimes. I want Russia to be free. But to entertain partisan hacks like Luce offends me.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Was chatting yesterday with my friend who had spent extensive time in Kyiv working with Ukrainian reform candidate Natalia Korolevska. As a reminder, she was running against the puppet candidate propped by Putin with assistance from all-American Paul Manafort. My friend has been trying to get in touch with Ms Korolevska and her staff. Without much detail they have responded that they are still around. Of course they are unable to divulge their location as they are all on Putin’s kill list.

Mt friend really enjoyed his time in Ukraine. Great people and surroundings with so much potential to be a vibrant European nation. However, Putin does not want that as it would destabilize Russia.

I haven’t been watching the news since the invasion. It all feels like a good citizen getting murdered in a public courtyard with everyone watching from above in their apartments, but doing nothing.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

ardilla secreta wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:10 amMt friend really enjoyed his time in Ukraine. Great people and surroundings with so much potential to be a vibrant European nation. However, Putin does not want that as it would destabilize Russia.
IMO, the correct way to think about it is that it would destabilize PUTIN. Putin THINKS he IS Russia. With luck, this whole affair will disabuse everyone, including regular Russians...of the Putin=Russia trope.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Georgia (not the one where Atlanta is located) submitted an application to join the European Union on Thursday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ge ... entnewsntp
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:28 am
ardilla secreta wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:10 amMt friend really enjoyed his time in Ukraine. Great people and surroundings with so much potential to be a vibrant European nation. However, Putin does not want that as it would destabilize Russia.
IMO, the correct way to think about it is that it would destabilize PUTIN. Putin THINKS he IS Russia. With luck, this whole affair will disabuse everyone, including regular Russians...of the Putin=Russia trope.

Hate to bring him up but I was just telling someone Trump represented Trump not Americans or even the traditional Republican Party….similar.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Putin's "Achilles Heel": The mobile phone!!
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:01 pm Putin's "Achilles Heel": The mobile phone!!
Millions of Russians turn to BBC for news amid invasion of Ukraine

Есть привычка на Руси - ночью слушать BBC
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:08 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:01 pm Putin's "Achilles Heel": The mobile phone!!

Есть привычка на Руси - ночью слушать BBC
.. that too. I think people make a big mistake in thinking the Russian people can't get the news, if they want to.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

You mean they aren't turning to RT?
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:17 pm

You mean they aren't turning to RT?
... you mean like millions of Americans. :lol:
DMac

Post by DMac »