Johns Hopkins 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
ohmilax34

Re: Johns Hopkins 2022

Post by ohmilax34 »

OCanada wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:40 pm 06 - We had a decade+ of top 5 and often top 2 recruiting classes under Petro that resulted in 1 ff.

I would like to see the receipts you are relying on to make this claim. Should be easy if you can make the claim
Thanks OC for pointing this out. I did something similar in the UNC thread when someone made a similar claim.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

These were IL's rankings for Petro's last 10 classes. Took all of three minutes to Google it.

2020 - #4
2019 - #11
2018 - #5
2017 - #8
2016 - #5
2015 - #1
2014 - #1
2013 - #6
2012 - #5
2011 - #5

7 of the 10 were in the top five. Back to back #1 classes in '14 and '15. So it wasn't quite "a decade" of top 5 classes but jhu06 was — and this is rare for him — not that far off. I think it's fair to say that two things can be simultaneously true: 1) IL's class rankings may not be all that accurate and 2) Petro still could have done more with these groups than a single Final Four appearance in 10+ years.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

steel_hop wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:49 pm As a note (and this isn't directed at you) if you think kids still wearing masks doesn't impact recruiting then you are not looking through this with parental glasses. My daughter is starting to look at schools and we've already eliminated many that have continued way too strict COVID guidelines given the risk parameters of college students (and if you don't remove them now, when will you?)
100% agree - as someone with a kid in the application cycle now, applications to the big state universities in the South are way up and those spots are much, much harder for the out of state kids. Look, 5/8 of my son's HS experience was largely ruined by Covid. He is very, very focused on having as normal a college experience as is possible, even if that's not at the most-prestigious school he gets into.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

nyjay wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:16 pm
steel_hop wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:49 pm As a note (and this isn't directed at you) if you think kids still wearing masks doesn't impact recruiting then you are not looking through this with parental glasses. My daughter is starting to look at schools and we've already eliminated many that have continued way too strict COVID guidelines given the risk parameters of college students (and if you don't remove them now, when will you?)
100% agree - as someone with a kid in the application cycle now, applications to the big state universities in the South are way up and those spots are much, much harder for the out of state kids. Look, 5/8 of my son's HS experience was largely ruined by Covid. He is very, very focused on having as normal a college experience as is possible, even if that's not at the most-prestigious school he gets into.
I nearly died twice in the last 17 months due to what are very likely long-term cardiac sequelae of a Covid-19 infection in March 2020.

Don’t be imprudent in considering the inconveniences that may prevent a mild or even non-symptomatic Covid-19 infection. Even healthy young adults can develop long-term sequelae that are potentially devastating.

I use the term “imprudent”, but please understand that I mean something more. I just don’t want to be impolite to parents who obviously care about the future of their children.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
molo

Post by molo »

And an article in today’s NYT discusses some effect of Covid about which I did not know previously. Possible Jake territory.
molo

Post by molo »

Jake Barnes wasn’t real, but this is.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:24 pm
I nearly died twice in the last 17 months due to what are very likely long-term cardiac sequelae of a Covid-19 infection in March 2020.

Don’t be imprudent in considering the inconveniences that may prevent a mild or even non-symptomatic Covid-19 infection. Even healthy young adults can develop long-term sequelae that are potentially devastating.

I use the term “imprudent”, but please understand that I mean something more. I just don’t want to be impolite to parents who obviously care about the future of their children.

DocBarrister
I'm glad you're well, Doc.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

nyjay wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:39 pm

DocBarrister
I'm glad you're well, Doc.
Thank you, nyjay. I would describe as “alive” rather than “well”. ;)

Best wishes to you and steelhop on the college admissions adventure. I’m confident your respective kids will do well.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
steel_hop

Post by steel_hop »

DocBarrister
Oh, okay. I've completedly change my mind on this. Thanks...oh, what where is the i don't care button.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

HopFan16 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:43 pm Don't give the Hoos any info to help them prepare!!!!

(I don't know who got hurt. The team posted a video on social media today that shows Epstein on the field but who knows when that was taken)
Lacrosse is still a pretty close knit sport. If people on this thread already know it, chances are, a lot of people around the sport, already know about it from teammates, boosters, friends, parents, high school/Club coaches, former teammates, etc. It won't be a secret much longer. That being said, we should respect the kid's privacy here.
GSP

Post by GSP »

Do not worry, as the injury will not matter. Tiffany always calls off the dogs when the Cavs get to 20.
molo

Post by molo »

Doc, sorry to hear that. I had no idea that you had had Covid.
Mr. F

Post by Mr. F »

Well, as much gripe as we have in these forums, at least we can enjoy some solid wins and improvement from this team in many different categories, unlike our syracuse brethren rn
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

steel_hop wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:08 pm

DocBarrister
Oh, okay. I've completedly change my mind on this. Thanks...oh, what where is the i don't care button.
Your family. Just note that Covid-19 could not care less what your “mind” thinks about it. Plenty of indifferent people have learned that the hard way.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

molo wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:07 pm Doc, sorry to hear that. I had no idea that you had had Covid.
Thanks, molo. I’m just grateful I am still around to watch and talk lacrosse (among many more important things).

DocBarrister :)
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:12 pm
nyjay wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:38 am
HopFan16 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:56 am
hmmm wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:17 pm Lost a starting attacker today in practice. Out 3-6 weeks with broken hand. Unfortunate.
Anyone want to enlighten the rest of us as to who?
No need to provide names. Just answer a few vague, generic, non-specific questions that would in no way allow us to identify the injured attackman by name.

1) Has the injured attackman ever scored 73 points in a single season?

2) Is the injured attackman a sophomore?

3) Does the injured attackman have a surname that rhymes with BeTimone?

Thanks.

DocBarrister
The team released a mid-week video and I saw #32 lined up for a shooting exercise. So, we can probably exclude him.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DocBarrister
There’s always Coppin State.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Mr. F wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:24 pm Well, as much gripe as we have in these forums, at least we can enjoy some solid wins and improvement from this team in many different categories, unlike our syracuse brethren rn
you said wins plural by accident.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

Life could be worse. We didn't lose at home today to an instate rival, our HOF mens basketball coach didn't publicly announce that there's a succession plan in place for his retirement, and the aforementioned coach's wife wasn't attacked at gunpoint.

Just trying to stay positive as WOMBAT would've wanted.
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:56 pm

DocBarrister
There’s always Coppin State.
What the heck does that mean?
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”