All Things Russia & Ukraine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
NattyBohChamps04

Re: All Things Russia & Ukraine

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Biden low-key putting on a master class in foreign relations.

Putin's "genius" is on full display now.

Turns out NATO wasn't the deciding factor, nor was "Nazification". NATO countries are already next door to Russia and no peep in flexing from Russia. The Baltic nations weren't very aligned with Russia culturally or socially and are small enough that they aren't a problem in Russia. Even though they're NATO. They can be ignored. Then throw in the paradox that annexing or controlling Ukraine means 4 more NATO countries next door. Just shows all the whining about NATO here provoking things is incorrect.

This was about preventing a strong, independent, successful and westernized Ukrainian society. Ukraine is closely aligned via culture and language with Russia, and many Ukrainian relatives are in Russia and vice-versa. A country like Ukraine at 1/3 the population of Russia, enjoying actual prosperity and freedom would have destabilized Russia. Why do you think so much money went into dividing Ukraine within and without (including high level paid US politicians) for the past couple of decades?

This is a weak dictator trying to hang on to power. He convinced himself of his own strength. He thought he had divided Europe and the US enough, but probably felt he had to act quickly since the current president wouldn't bend over for him and didn't want relations to improve, especially post-COVID. This is a dictator a good chunk of our population was in love with for the past 5+ years because they thought he was the definition of strength and manliness. The only thing he has is an outdated, poorly maintained nuke system. And he's already played that hand. We're ready.

Ukraine's future as it currently stands is uncertain, but nearly the entire world is behind them. And we're in the right.

I stand against Russia when it matters. Right now.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Essexfenwick wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:59 pm Install a liberal fool with dementia

Get WW3.

Get Trump back in there. We need somebody with common sense and proven government management skills.
Trump called Putin a “genius” and “smart,” which means Trump is an imbecile, which in turn means Trump’s supporters are …

… oh, wait, it’s time for me to watch “The Gilded Age” on HBO Max. I will finish my thoughts later.

DocBarrister ;)
@DocBarrister
old salt

Post by old salt »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:47 pm Ukrainian pilots in Poland to take delivery on 70 serviceable Russian (Soviet era) jet aircraft. Most are MiG 29s.
The Ukrainian parliament on Monday tweeted that Europe was sending 70 fighter planes to Ukraine, including 28 MiG-29s from Poland, 12 from Slovakia and 16 from Bulgaria, along with 14 Su-25s from Bulgaria.
That looks like wiki intel + wishful tweeting

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/4 ... ont-add-up
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:29 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:22 pm Total Wine is doing their part:

Interesting that, when we look to boycott things from Russia, the only product they make that any of us care for is Stoly. Some beautiful writers and poets, some lovely music. But on the goods and services side, Russia is not a big contributor.
And now FedEx and UPS: https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compani ... np1taskbar
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... e-00012340

“Sadly, we are treading back through old historical patterns that we said that we would never permit to happen again,” Hill told me.

Those old historical patterns include Western businesses who fail to see how they help build a tyrant’s war chest, admirers enamored of an autocrat’s “strength” and politicians’ tendency to point fingers inward for political gain instead of working together for their nation’s security.

But at the same time, Hill says it’s not too late to turn Putin back, and it’s a job not just for the Ukrainians or for NATO — it’s a job that ordinary Westerners and companies can assist in important ways once they grasp what’s at stake.

“Ukraine has become the front line in a struggle, not just between democracies and autocracies but in a struggle for maintaining a rules-based system in which the things that countries want are not taken by force,” Hill said. “Every country in the world should be paying close attention to this.”

There’s lots of danger ahead, she warned. Putin is increasingly operating emotionally and likely to use all the weapons at his disposal, including nuclear ones. It’s important not to have any illusions — but equally important not to lose hope.

“Every time you think, ’No, he wouldn’t, would he?’ Well, yes, he would,” Hill said. “And he wants us to know that, of course. It’s not that we should be intimidated and scared…. We have to prepare for those contingencies and figure out what is it that we’re going to do to head them off.”

Interview follows; very interesting.
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:43 am

Interesting that, when we look to boycott things from Russia, the only product they make that any of us care for is Stoly. Some beautiful writers and poets, some lovely music. But on the goods and services side, Russia is not a big contributor.
And Stoli is not made in Russia (Latvia) and the owners fled Russia years ago in a dispute with Putin. At least according to Forbes.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joemicalle ... bec92e2350
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Well, not a vodka drinker in any event.

From the Hill interview with Politico:

"Unfortunately, we have politicians and public figures in the United States and around Europe who have embraced the idea that Russia was wronged by NATO and that Putin is a strong, powerful man and has the right to do what he’s doing: Because Ukraine is somehow not worthy of independence, because it’s either Russia’s historical lands or Ukrainians are Russians, or the Ukrainian leaders are — this is what Putin says — “drug addled, fascist Nazis” or whatever labels he wants to apply here.

So sadly, we are treading back through old historical patterns that we said that we would never permit to happen again. The other thing to think about in this larger historic context is how much the German business community helped facilitate the rise of Hitler. Right now, everyone who has been doing business in Russia or buying Russian gas and oil has contributed to Putin’s war chest. Our investments are not just boosting business profits, or Russia’s sovereign wealth funds and its longer-term development. They now are literally the fuel for Russia’s invasion of Ukraine."
CU88

Post by CU88 »

old salt wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:37 pm
Dip&Dunk wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:27 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:13 pm
Dip&Dunk wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:04 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:37 pm I don't think there were any NATO plans to enter the Black Sea (except for Romanian, Bulgarian & Turkish ships.)
I doubt they' want to be bottled up in such close range to Russia air, missiles, & quiet Black Sea fleet Kilo subs.
The NATO standing force is in the E Med. The NATO Flag is aboard the Truman.
The Cavour is (quietly) carrying their F-35's.
Erdogan will want to be a player if he can,
Did 27 years of fjord ops bottled up, in close range of Soviet (Russian) air/missiles and quiet(?) Kilo subs so I think it can be done. Their problem would be if we are in their WEZ, they are in our WEZ. And our sh*t works. Been waiting along time to see Aegis in full auto and now with SM-6. (And our WEZ for them starts in the EMed; theirs does not and their problem remains after 50+ years in targeting.)
Do you really want to find out ? ;)

Their Kilos are quiet, compared to their nucs in noisy shallow waters.

https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/20 ... submarines.
Yes and yes. However, I trust your opinion more than navalnews. And it’s my job (N9I) to know the difference. And if I knew how to insert a smilie I would insert the one in sunglasses.
I thought Dip&Dunk might refer to dipping sonar. Target noise level does not matter. :mrgreen:

I'd prefer to OPEVAL the AEGIS in full auto when the shooter & return fire target is a DDG (an old one) rather than a Carrier Strike Group.
...I watched it work pretty well from the air, against a Vandal target at Wallops. ;)
My only knowledge of this ability is from hollywood, might you have a reasonable realistic video of this option that you could share here?
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:43 am

Yesterday, Ontario which is the largest buyer of Russian beer and sprits in the world announced they are pulling all products off the shelves.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:18 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:52 pm
seacoaster wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:29 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:27 am
seacoaster wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:04 am
Essexfenwick wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:46 am No Russian invasions under Trump.

Libs exposed as “really stupid” like Trump told us. The level of mismanagement and divorce from reality under Biden is like retarded.
This must be doubling down, and I mean down.

Your Trump-Love is amusing. It is clear that Biden and his national security team has managed this intractable situation very well, very professionally, and with care and caution and multilateral skill. Only the most vacantly partisan people think otherwise. And the phrase "like retarded" is one I haven't heard since one of my kids got set straight on it in middle school.
You are so naive. The description of your party and it's ineptitude is clearly defined..
Oh great swami of the Couch, tell me why I am naive? Teach me Couch Master!!!
Trying to educate a lawyer, especially a FLP retired one is a lesson in futility. Why would I waste my valuable time arguing with an idiot? You can't teach the unteachable... Once you have hung up your bow tie and put your wingtips in the closet you have become a shadow of your former self. How come you never found yourself on the SCOTUS given your self proclaimed legal genius status?? I guess I am a better couch warrior than you were a fifth string useless member of the legal profession. How many ambulances did you chase in your career? Did you ever catch one?? :D
Thanks for this sad, content- and response-free reply. I'm not retired. I've never worn a bow tie and don't have any wingtips. I never had a chance to be a federal judge, to say nothing of being a Supreme Court justice. I never "proclaimed legal genius status," whatever that means. I never chased an ambulance or practiced personal injury law. I'm just a business litigation attorney in the northeast. Your post reads as a sad, grievance-heavy bit of envy of the life others have and you don't.

The country you profess to love is the one you always disparage, hoping for the failure of a Democratic administration and President. You fit right in with the quislings of the Right.
The country I disparage is the same country I volunteered to defend. I'm not hoping for the POTUS to fail. If that is the conclusion you come up with you are one pathetic lawyer. I do notice that as a lawyer your criticism of Republican lawyers, especially Bill Barr are vociferous and nasty. What say you as our resident legal counsel on this forum??

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/ ... gress-vote

I apologize to you if I inferred you were not intelligent. Having a discussion with a lawyer becomes a lesson in futility sometimes. You all have spent a lifetime doing what you need to do to defend your client. I do respect your wisdom and experience as a legal eagle. Those of us that are not lawyers often feel different towards your profession. I don't know of any conversation I have ever had with any lawyer that did not start out with how much his/her retainer fee was and how and when they expected to be paid. The legal profession is not about making money after all?? FTR, counselor, don't ever think for one damn minute i don't love this country. I loath what our country has become. I damn near cried watching those bunch of hooligans storm our capital and break down the doors while waving the American flag. We can and should disagree about policy but we should never let a bunch of FRC fanatics or LWP fanatics dictate policy out of fear. The present situation in our country is why i stand on the sidelines feeling numb. I have spent my life earning the peace and serenity I now have. You give me the springtime and my garden and the opportunity to grow my own food and plant the beautiful flowers i love and walk my dog... life does not get any better than that.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:07 am
seacoaster wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:18 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:52 pm
seacoaster wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:29 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:27 am
seacoaster wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:04 am
Essexfenwick wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:46 am No Russian invasions under Trump.

Libs exposed as “really stupid” like Trump told us. The level of mismanagement and divorce from reality under Biden is like retarded.
This must be doubling down, and I mean down.

Your Trump-Love is amusing. It is clear that Biden and his national security team has managed this intractable situation very well, very professionally, and with care and caution and multilateral skill. Only the most vacantly partisan people think otherwise. And the phrase "like retarded" is one I haven't heard since one of my kids got set straight on it in middle school.
You are so naive. The description of your party and it's ineptitude is clearly defined..
Oh great swami of the Couch, tell me why I am naive? Teach me Couch Master!!!
Trying to educate a lawyer, especially a FLP retired one is a lesson in futility. Why would I waste my valuable time arguing with an idiot? You can't teach the unteachable... Once you have hung up your bow tie and put your wingtips in the closet you have become a shadow of your former self. How come you never found yourself on the SCOTUS given your self proclaimed legal genius status?? I guess I am a better couch warrior than you were a fifth string useless member of the legal profession. How many ambulances did you chase in your career? Did you ever catch one?? :D
Thanks for this sad, content- and response-free reply. I'm not retired. I've never worn a bow tie and don't have any wingtips. I never had a chance to be a federal judge, to say nothing of being a Supreme Court justice. I never "proclaimed legal genius status," whatever that means. I never chased an ambulance or practiced personal injury law. I'm just a business litigation attorney in the northeast. Your post reads as a sad, grievance-heavy bit of envy of the life others have and you don't.

The country you profess to love is the one you always disparage, hoping for the failure of a Democratic administration and President. You fit right in with the quislings of the Right.
The country I disparage is the same country I volunteered to defend. I'm not hoping for the POTUS to fail. If that is the conclusion you come up with you are one pathetic lawyer. I do notice that as a lawyer your criticism of Republican lawyers, especially Bill Barr are vociferous and nasty. What say you as our resident legal counsel on this forum??

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/ ... gress-vote

I apologize to you if I inferred you were not intelligent. Having a discussion with a lawyer becomes a lesson in futility sometimes. You all have spent a lifetime doing what you need to do to defend your client. I do respect your wisdom and experience as a legal eagle. Those of us that are not lawyers often feel different towards your profession. I don't know of any conversation I have ever had with any lawyer that did not start out with how much his/her retainer fee was and how and when they expected to be paid. The legal profession is not about making money after all?? FTR, counselor, don't ever think for one damn minute i don't love this country. I loath what our country has become. I damn near cried watching those bunch of hooligans storm our capital and break down the doors while waving the American flag. We can and should disagree about policy but we should never let a bunch of FRC fanatics or LWP fanatics dictate policy out of fear. The present situation in our country is why i stand on the sidelines feeling numb. I have spent my life earning the peace and serenity I now have. You give me the springtime and my garden and the opportunity to grow my own food and plant the beautiful flowers i love and walk my dog... life does not get any better than that.
Not including closing your mortgage, how many attorneys have you worked with?
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

old salt wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:57 am
jhu72 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:47 pm Ukrainian pilots in Poland to take delivery on 70 serviceable Russian (Soviet era) jet aircraft. Most are MiG 29s.
The Ukrainian parliament on Monday tweeted that Europe was sending 70 fighter planes to Ukraine, including 28 MiG-29s from Poland, 12 from Slovakia and 16 from Bulgaria, along with 14 Su-25s from Bulgaria.
That looks like wiki intel + wishful tweeting

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/4 ... ont-add-up
... have to wonder if it wasn't intentional Ukrainian disinformation.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

Usurper Poopy Pants has a teleprompter fumbling tonight. He should probably sleep till 5 pm just to be refreshed.

I’m really glad that the science dropped the mask mandate in congress just before the televised speech so the democrats don’t look like morons on top of being morons.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Essexfenwick wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:10 am Usurper Poopy Pants has a teleprompter fumbling tonight. He should probably sleep till 5 pm just to be refreshed.

I’m really glad that the science dropped the mask mandate in congress just before the televised speech so the democrats don’t look like morons on top of being morons.
vast majority of registered voters in the USA don't belong to either party............
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

European Lacrosse Federation has suspended Russia from all events, including the upcoming World Games qualifiers.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Essexfenwick wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:10 am Usurper Poopy Pants has a teleprompter fumbling tonight. He should probably sleep till 5 pm just to be refreshed.

Thanks for these "talking points." Your original thinking is stunning. Made the "foe" list. Bye.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:22 am

vast majority of registered voters in the USA don't belong to either party............

But recent polling indicates the majority believe the election was impacted by fraud… JoeTard is mentally insufficient, has screwed up every major issue …and is incompetent. The independents are especially horrified.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Essexfenwick wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:27 am

But recent polling indicates the majority believe the election was impacted by fraud… JoeTard is mentally insufficient, has screwed up every major issue …and is incompetent. The independents are especially horrified.
0BCF2BE8-40D9-4C83-8DD2-D284C0B92B04.jpeg
0BCF2BE8-40D9-4C83-8DD2-D284C0B92B04.jpeg (117.99 KiB) Viewed 752 times
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

ardilla secreta wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:47 am

Excuse me for expousing the solid majority opinions.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Essexfenwick wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:50 am
ardilla secreta wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:47 am

Excuse me for expousing the solid majority opinions.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah

Return to “POLITICS”