All Things Russia & Ukraine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: All Things Russia & Ukraine

Post by Peter Brown »

Essexfenwick wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:11 am Trump said Putin’s move is politically and strategic genius because the west isn’t going to stand up to him and that’s sad.

The media is dishonest and just couldn’t put the rest of the sentence in its reporting because Trump being so honest and correct makes liberals look incompetent. This is why the Joe Rogans of the world now have more influence and respect. Honest dialogue and exposing all sides with no editing or spin.

The insane, palpable hatred of Rogan by Democrats is such a tell. He never advises anyone to do anything, he’s simply a curious dude like most of us. The problem so far as Democrats go is they can’t accept originality and independence…it runs smack into their totalitarian needs.

Rogan should invite Trump, Biden, and Trudeau on for separate interviews. That would be so revealing to the world. The only person who would accept is of course Trump.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:04 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:59 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:45 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:12 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:51 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:36 am
Kismet wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:02 am Moscow stock exchange did not open today (Monday).

Rooskies using heavier weapons in Kharkiv including GRAD rocket launchers in urban neighborhoods.

BP to ‘Exit’ 20% Stake in Russian Oil Giant Rosneft - resigned two seats on the board.

Targeting the Russian Central Bank for sanctions reduced the ruble to almost zero. Currently trading at one cent to one ruble.....incarnation of the phrase "one red cent" comes to mind.

West in unison really playing hardball here on economic side. Never thought I'd see this kind of unity (and maybe neither did Vlad)

Anonymous hackers took down the Russian Government website. A few days ago they got into Russia’s Department of Defense database and got that too.
Treasury just sanctioned the DIF (sovereign wealth fund). We’re getting to where I wanted to be just took a couple of days.
Step by step.
Russian economy crashing now. Bank runs. 20% interest rates. Ruble crashing.

6,000 Russian protestors arrested so far...

some oligarchs speaking out against the war...

Dangerous times with Putin at the helm and no one in power to say 'no'.

Chinese worried about getting sanctions overflow to them for doing business with Russia...pulling back support.
Just sanctioned the Russian Central Bank. I like stepping on Putin’s neck like this. Wish we could’ve saved 2-3 days of misery for the Ukrainians but we’re there now. Wonder how much crypto they are using/stealing at this point - the post Mortem for that “asset class” will be interesting when this is done.

The Euro banks did a lot of business w Russia, especially BNP/SocGen but also the German, Benelux and Italians but they aren’t complaining (yet). China needs to shut up on this.
yes, I think we all share that sentiment. But I think the world needed to see the Ukrainians standing up to the assault that Putin claimed wouldn't happen as he ordered it.

These sanctions needed agreement, and we're seeing a rather amazing set of moves by both NATO and "neutral" countries.

It'll be interesting to see what the UN does this week, though certainly not the critical element. The EU has already taken steps to enable Ukraine to obtain EU status...Sweden sending anti-tank weapons, Turkey enabling drones...Germany committing to 2%...all huge long term implications.

But right now Ukraine needs to stand firm. The world needed to see that resolve. Makes it clear it's not just leadership that wants no part of Russia.

I think it comes down to someone getting it done in Moscow.

Unfortunately, that may not happen soon...I don't think Putin can take the "L" which means they're very likely going to triple down on destruction, both of Ukraine and ultimately of Russia.

But the Russian military on the ground may well balk at some point.
That’s why fast action is needed to built the consensus within Russia to take that dude out. Get him away from the ability to go all Slim Pickens at the end of Dr Strangelove on Ukraine.

Trumps spin: Putin is amazing! He brought together many Republicans and Democrats, brought europe together, etc!

Maybe dodderin’ Joe should ship Trump to Moscow to negotiate with Putin.
Is the thinking that he can’t hit the red button while he’s making sweet prison style love to Trump?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

No Russian invasions under Trump.

Libs exposed as “really stupid” like Trump told us. The level of mismanagement and divorce from reality under Biden is like retarded.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Switzerland just announced that they will join EU economic and banking sanctions against Russia. Very big deal on a day of many big deals.
Ditto for Monaco - (Reuters) - Monaco, an international hub often favoured by wealthy Russians, will also proceed with freezing assets and imposing sanctions on Russians in the wake of Russia's invasion of Ukraine, said a statement by the Monaco Royal Palace.

Also, the wiseas* Ukrainians on Snake Island apparently weren't killed but are now captives of Russian naval forces.

Rooskies blatantly using cluster munitions inside Kharkiv city on civilians. Despicable.

Perhaps Vlad misled the Chinese, too

https://www.stimson.org/2022/ukraine-di ... ve-a-clue/
Last edited by Kismet on Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:37 am
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:04 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:59 am
Kismet wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:02 am Moscow stock exchange did not open today (Monday).

Rooskies using heavier weapons in Kharkiv including GRAD rocket launchers in urban neighborhoods.

BP to ‘Exit’ 20% Stake in Russian Oil Giant Rosneft - resigned two seats on the board.

Targeting the Russian Central Bank for sanctions reduced the ruble to almost zero. Currently trading at one cent to one ruble.....incarnation of the phrase "one red cent" comes to mind.

West in unison really playing hardball here on economic side. Never thought I'd see this kind of unity (and maybe neither did Vlad)

Anonymous hackers took down the Russian Government website. A few days ago they got into Russia’s Department of Defense database and got that too.
Treasury just sanctioned the DIF (sovereign wealth fund). We’re getting to where I wanted to be just took a couple of days.
Step by step.

Chinese worried about getting sanctions overflow to them for doing business with Russia...pulling back support.
Just sanctioned the Russian Central Bank. I like stepping on Putin’s neck like this. Wish we could’ve saved 2-3 days of misery for the Ukrainians but we’re there now. Wonder how much crypto they are using/stealing at this point - the post Mortem for that “asset class” will be interesting when this is done.

The Euro banks did a lot of business w Russia, especially BNP/SocGen but also the German, Benelux and Italians but they aren’t complaining (yet). China needs to shut up on this.
yes, I think we all share that sentiment. But I think the world needed to see the Ukrainians standing up to the assault that Putin claimed wouldn't happen as he ordered it.

These sanctions needed agreement, and we're seeing a rather amazing set of moves by both NATO and "neutral" countries.

It'll be interesting to see what the UN does this week, though certainly not the critical element. The EU has already taken steps to enable Ukraine to obtain EU status...Sweden sending anti-tank weapons, Turkey enabling drones...Germany committing to 2%...all huge long term implications.

But right now Ukraine needs to stand firm. The world needed to see that resolve. Makes it clear it's not just leadership that wants no part of Russia.

Unfortunately, that may not happen soon...I don't think Putin can take the "L" which means they're very likely going to triple down on destruction, both of Ukraine and ultimately of Russia.

But the Russian military on the ground may well balk at some point.
That’s why fast action is needed to built the consensus within Russia to take that dude out. Get him away from the ability to go all Slim Pickens at the end of Dr Strangelove on Ukraine.

Trumps spin: Putin is amazing! He brought together many Republicans and Democrats, brought europe together, etc!
Maybe dodderin’ Joe should ship Trump to Moscow to negotiate with Putin.
Is the thinking that he can’t hit the red button while he’s making sweet prison style love to Trump?

I’d think it’s a win-win for D’s.

Trump maybe talks Vlad off the ledge and Joe gets credit for uniting America and rising above partisan politics.

And if Trump fails, maybe he stays in Russia?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Kismet wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:48 am Switzerland just announced that they will join EU economic and banking sanctions against Russia. Very big deal on a day of many big deals.

Also, the wiseas* Ukrainians on Snake Island apparently weren't killed but are now captives of Russian naval forces.

Will be interesting to see the actual implementation of this. Seizing ‘Russian’ money sounds easier than in practice.

Russkies invented the Panama-Cyprus-Guernsey-Geneva trust business. In order to prove that Roman Abramovich is the actual beneficial owner of an account at Julius Baer requires more than an educated guess.

And to be blunt, the Russians began parking their money mostly in Cyprus, Latvia, and Malta the last decade.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Essexfenwick wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:46 am No Russian invasions under Trump.

Libs exposed as “really stupid” like Trump told us. The level of mismanagement and divorce from reality under Biden is like retarded.
This must be doubling down, and I mean down.

Your Trump-Love is amusing. It is clear that Biden and his national security team has managed this intractable situation very well, very professionally, and with care and caution and multilateral skill. Only the most vacantly partisan people think otherwise. And the phrase "like retarded" is one I haven't heard since one of my kids got set straight on it in middle school.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:52 am https://vimeo.com/348464014
LOL, that poke at Collins!
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:04 am

Your Trump-Love is amusing. It is clear that Biden and his national security team has managed this intractable situation very well, very professionally, and with care and caution and multilateral skill. Only the most vacantly partisan people think otherwise. And the phrase "like retarded" is one I haven't heard since one of my kids got set straight on it in middle school.
You are so naive. The description of your party and it's ineptitude is clearly defined..
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:27 am

You are so naive. The description of your party and it's ineptitude is clearly defined..
Oh great swami of the Couch, tell me why I am naive? Teach me Couch Master!!!
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

or we could say Bush was gay because he saw a good souls in Putin’s eyes…rather than a mistake based on a strong belief/wishful thinking that was wrong and colored by his own historical perspective…

Actually, that's more apropos for the union between tRump and Putin:

https://ychef.files.bbci.co.uk/976x549/p03vhv9x.jpg

Bush was a lot closer to the Saudi King. But we've gone over that already. :lol:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

can't vouch for the authenticity of all this as it sounds like something we saw when the Pueblo was captured:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udu5CNs ... ATVEnglish

Russian soldiers captured by Ukrainians repent of their forced incursion into Uke land.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:27 am

True.

And I need to cop to my own naïveté here, but I think these peace talks in Belarus just might surprise us with a positive outcome. Maybe wishful thinking. Scares me that some gubmints would prefer the conflict to continue to rage….I happen to be thinking of one.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Step by step.

But the Russian military on the ground may well balk at some point. -- I think this happens sooner rather than later. Appears it has already happened on a small scale. Ukraine's allowing captured Russian soldiers to call home has been a genius move. IMO.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Nice shot of Putin and his economic team:

https://twitter.com/maxseddon/status/14 ... 65/photo/1
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Appears that FIFA will soon be announcing that it will expel Russia from competing in the World Cup. I guess they should be wondering how bad things are when the most corrupt organization in sports tosses you out for being...well, corrupt on a scale bigger than them. :oops:

These are the folks that dropped cluster munitions on residential areas of Kharkiv DURING alleged peace talks aand also while Putin was on the phone lying about it to Macron as well.
Last edited by Kismet on Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:34 am Nice shot of Putin and his economic team:

https://twitter.com/maxseddon/status/14 ... 65/photo/1
According to my Twitter feed, someone termed him "Putin Longtable"
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

CU88 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:18 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:52 am https://vimeo.com/348464014
LOL, that poke at Collins!
That show is excellent. Crushes everyone. Hits the former WH occupant and his family hardest but hammers both AOC & Pelosi as well as the whole cast of republicans.

Return to “POLITICS”