Sensible Gun Safety

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
DocBarrister

More Innocent Children Killed by Guns in the Home

Post by DocBarrister »

Just proves what has long been known … a gun in the home, if ever used against a person, is most likely to be used against a member of the household.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/oh ... -rcna10419

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/no ... -rcna10295

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
cradleandshoot

Re: Sensible Gun Control

Post by cradleandshoot »

https://www.lamag.com/citythinkblog/l-a ... -affluent/

So the uber rich liberals in LA are buying guns like penny candy..
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:07 am https://www.lamag.com/citythinkblog/l-a ... -affluent/

So the uber rich liberals in LA are buying guns like penny candy..
Liberals and minorities around the country are arming themselves at record rates since Trump's term + COVID...
DMac

Post by DMac »

People in general have been arming themselves in record numbers since Obama (cuz all the guns were going to be taken away, ya know), the when Hillary was going to be elected (same reason) then with Trump + covid. Any ol' reason will do.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

DMac wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:40 pm People in general have been arming themselves in record numbers since Obama (cuz all the guns were going to be taken away, ya know), the when Hillary was going to be elected (same reason) then with Trump + covid. Any ol' reason will do.
I wonder if any of these new gun owners are going to take the time to learn how to fire their new weapon. A safety course and some time on the firing range might be helpful.
Bob Ross:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:42 pm
DMac wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:40 pm People in general have been arming themselves in record numbers since Obama (cuz all the guns were going to be taken away, ya know), the when Hillary was going to be elected (same reason) then with Trump + covid. Any ol' reason will do.
I wonder if any of these new gun owners are going to take the time to learn how to fire their new weapon. A safety course and some time on the firing range might be helpful.
It’s ok. They make great bludgeoning devices, now that there are natural resource shortages, supply chain issues, and no ammo to be found.
DMac

Post by DMac »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:42 pm
Yup, learning to fire it, step two, getting comfortable with it.
Easy enough to learn to catch and pass, gotta get comfortable
enough with the stick to put the shot in the upper right under
pressure though.
Kinda like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXAWjncTYV0
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/pa ... ar-AASyubY

How about this for a new law that should be considered. On top of illegally owning a firearm, if you try and conceal it to look like a toy gun you automatically receive life in prison without parole if convicted. Is that too harsh a penalty??
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

San Jose California getting ready to pass law requiring gun owners to carry liability insurance for any damage they might cause - like shooting someone and being sued. Just like automobile insurance for drivers.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
DMac

Post by DMac »

I get that they're trying to do something but in reality this is just another law that will change virtually nothing. It's a money maker for the insurance industry as the assumed risk is very low but this is just more piszin' in the wind. People who already have guns aint goin' down to get in line to get this insurance...aint happenin'.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

A very corporate move by California - these guys love it.

https://www.reinsurancene.ws/top-100-u- ... companies/
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

DMac wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:52 am I get that they're trying to do something but in reality this is just another law that will change virtually nothing. It's a money maker for the insurance industry as the assumed risk is very low but this is just more piszin' in the wind. People who already have guns aint goin' down to get in line to get this insurance...aint happenin'.
... I think it depends on how insistent the government is about enforcement. Ultimately law abiding citizens will comply I think. There is also an annual licensing fee / tax that goes to the government (City of San Jose). This is not likely to be a 2nd amendment issue. Of course the sh*it for brains conservative SCOTUS majority considers bumble bees flying across state lines a 2nd amendment issue. :roll:

Of course this will be SCOTUS tested, which I think is the interesting point of the law.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:37 am
DMac wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:52 am I get that they're trying to do something but in reality this is just another law that will change virtually nothing. It's a money maker for the insurance industry as the assumed risk is very low but this is just more piszin' in the wind. People who already have guns aint goin' down to get in line to get this insurance...aint happenin'.
... I think it depends on how insistent the government is about enforcement. Ultimately law abiding citizens will comply I think. There is also an annual licensing fee / tax that goes to the government (City of San Jose). This is not likely to be a 2nd amendment issue. Of course the sh*it for brains conservative SCOTUS majority considers bumble bees flying across state lines a 2nd amendment issue. :roll:

Of course this will be SCOTUS tested, which I think is the interesting point of the law.
It’s still legislation through regulatory fiat which I cannot condone.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Nice kids.....watch a kid get shot in school, then tweet about it, rather than call 911: https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/ins ... eS-7867ee8
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:18 pm Nice kids.....watch a kid get shot in school, then tweet about it, rather than call 911: https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/ins ... eS-7867ee8
Nice! He is a product of Tripe City!!
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Major accomplishment, especially with federal statutes and case law that favor the murderous gun industry.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Who’s ready to admit that repealing the second amendment is wrong?

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy on Thursday called on all citizens who were ready to defend the country from Russian forces to come forward, saying Kyiv would issue weapons to everyone who wants them.

Russia launched an all-out invasion of Ukraine by land, air and sea on Thursday, the biggest attack by one state against another in Europe since World War Two and confirmation of the worst fears of the West.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/uk ... 022-02-24/
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Kellyanne, it should probably be noted that the Ukraine government is handing out free semi-automatics for defense of the nation. Don't think any Ukrainian citizens are using their guns to try to overthrow their own government, like Trumpnista here in the good ole US of A.

Note - US tax payer dollars are probably paying for those semi-automatics being handed out by the Ukrainian government.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

What is your point jhu?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “POLITICS”