All Things Russia & Ukraine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: All Things Russia & Ukraine

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Essexfenwick wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:32 am 2 military defeats in 5 months.

Is sleepy Joe awake yet?

None of this would be happening under Trump but if Joe begged him to come back and take over … here’s what I think he would do now

1) open up oil and gas drilling immediately
2) sanction Russia in ways that sound huge but aren’t to save face for JoeTard and the US so as not to drive Russia into the living arms of China or start WW3.
3) fire anybody in the pentagon that said global warming is the greatest security threat.
4) immediately open the economy full bore and abolish any Covid mandates
5) fire anybody in the pentagon who kicked out unvaccinated warriors or who advocated the military pay for sex change operations
6) hold rally’s to restore the country’s self esteem and confidence
7) Blame China in no uncertain terms for infecting the world with Covid and never drop it.
8) immediately force Europe to pay its entire NATO dues
9) cut all government spending 10 percent across the board outside of military spending. Don’t fire anybody just cut all pay 10 percent and no inflation adjustments.
10) start the ball rolling on Europe getting energy from North America.
There is always Grenada!
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:28 am Russian troops on outskirts of Kyiv now, battling.
20 miles outside downtown.

That 's over 100 miles outside of the border. Did they air lifted there? How the hell did the Ukrainian air forces allow Russian planes in their air space? That is, assuming this report is correct.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

get it to x wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:15 am
jhu72 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:03 am
Essexfenwick wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:57 am
jhu72 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:53 am
Essexfenwick wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:31 am Trump was so soft that Putin only attacked anyone when Biden or Obama was running things.

Smart people notice actions and results. (And also notice the leader of the free world has advanced dementia).

Not so smart people spin to hide embarrassment.
... Trump was giving Putin everything he wanted, including weakening Ukraine. Child. :roll:
Putin only attacks when Biden or Obama are running things. Trump knew how to handle people and look out for US interests.

Obama said Russia was 1980s foreign policy. Biden was against George HW desert storm success and for GW bushes WMD failure.

Those men are stupid and they will never forgive Trump for showing that to the people.
... no need for Putin to attack when he is getting what he wants. :roll:
What was he getting? Higher oil prices? A pipeline to Germany? Looks like right now he is taking what he wants and getting the rest from the doddering fool in the White House. You appear to be dismissing out of hand the possibility that consequences were communicated to him in such a way as to dissuade him from attacking during Trump's presidency.
:roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Essexfenwick wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:32 am 2 military defeats in 5 months.

Is sleepy Joe awake yet?

None of this would be happening under Trump but if Joe begged him to come back and take over … here’s what I think he would do now

1) open up oil and gas drilling immediately
2) sanction Russia in ways that sound huge but aren’t to save face for JoeTard and the US so as not to drive Russia into the living arms of China or start WW3.
3) fire anybody in the pentagon that said global warming is the greatest security threat.
4) immediately open the economy full bore and abolish any Covid mandates
5) fire anybody in the pentagon who kicked out unvaccinated warriors or who advocated the military pay for sex change operations
6) hold rally’s to restore the country’s self esteem and confidence
7) Blame China in no uncertain terms for infecting the world with Covid and never drop it.
8) immediately force Europe to pay its entire NATO dues
9) cut all government spending 10 percent across the board outside of military spending. Don’t fire anybody just cut all pay 10 percent and no inflation adjustments.
10) start the ball rolling on Europe getting energy from North America.
https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/vide ... age/817-96
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:38 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:28 am Russian troops on outskirts of Kyiv now, battling.

That 's over 100 miles outside of the border. Did they air lifted there? How the hell did the Ukrainian air forces allow Russian planes in their air space? That is, assuming this report is correct.
yup, assuming...assuming the reporter is where he says he is...assuming those are real guns... :roll:

You do realize that the first strikes were against air defenses? We've heard paratroopers, don't think that's confirmed as yet. Alot happening from all directions.

There's very little Ukrainian Air Force to begin with, so air superiority is going to be with the Russians, meaning that ground forces can move much faster than if they were subject to attack from the air.

Note also that Ukraine doesn't have Patriot missiles. Might see that during the insurgency period. More likely MPADs though.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

We're sure getting some clear insights over these last couple of days in the "thinking" of some of our fellow posters.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Essexfenwick wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:05 am
jhu72 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:04 am
Essexfenwick wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:01 am Trump was ahead of the game.
He told Germany to start to contribute their share for NATO and Europe to get off Russian oil and gas 3 years ago.

The man is a genius .

Smarter that the progressive and the neocon swamp.

We need him back now.
I think Putin is probably too busy now for Trump to suck his dick. :lol:
Yes Putin was sucking Trumps dick

Now he’s f*cking Joes Butt.
Essexfenwick and jhu72: If you want to talk like this, go to Hamsterdam. Otherwise, you'll be going to the Penalty Box. Especially during the season...
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Well hello Ms Marin! Throw her on my rope and duct tape, find a nearby red roof inn list.

She’s not at the restraining order level I’ve placed Jodie Comer recently but veery niiice.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:41 am

yup, assuming...assuming the reporter is where he says he is...assuming those are real guns... :roll:

You do realize that the first strikes were against air defenses? We've heard paratroopers, don't think that's confirmed as yet. Alot happening from all directions.

There's very little Ukrainian Air Force to begin with, so air superiority is going to be with the Russians, meaning that ground forces can move much faster than if they were subject to attack from the air.

Note also that Ukraine doesn't have Patriot missiles. Might see that during the insurgency period though.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... iupol.html

I can understand tanks rolling thru the border but not warplanes and leaving soldiers that deep inside the borders. After all, how can they get out without getting shot at from every direction? Something about this don't sound all that kosher. But, as they say, when it comes to war truth is always the first casualty.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:52 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:41 am

Note also that Ukraine doesn't have Patriot missiles. Might see that during the insurgency period though.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... iupol.html

I can understand tanks rolling thru the border but not warplanes and leaving soldiers that deep inside the borders. After all, how can they get out without getting shot at from every direction? Something about this don't sound all that kosher. But, as they say, when it comes to war truth is always the first casualty.
100 miles takes 4-6 hours if no armed resistance along the way. But we've heard likely came from the air.

Leap frogging the likely positions of Ukrainian preparation to stop a land attack at the border.

Russia is attacking from 3 directions, in various ways, They have more than 4X the military personnel capacity and multiples of that technologically. Most importantly, they will have air dominance.

It's not going to be an even fight.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ardilla secreta wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:22 am Resolve?

While the world decides what to do next UEFA is in meeting on what to do about St Petersburg hosting the Champions League final - the worlds Super Bowl. Also on what to do about Gasprom being one of its major sponsors. Perhaps they’ll even decide what to do about the two Russian teams playing in the UEFA Europa League payoffs. Zenit (St Petersburg) is playing at Betis (Sevilla) today and Spartak (Moscow) have a bye to the next round. Will any of these Russian interest face any scrutiny? There’s a lot of money involved and we know where the priorities are. Should be a slam dunk decision. Will there be resolve?
Some western nations have spoken. My suspicion is the organizers will try to move the games, if not cancel. The organizers won't survive to organize another tournament if they don't.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
old salt

Post by old salt »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:03 am sure everything will work, just....ummm great. It was the software that keeps the F 35 from performing. Or the parts made in Turkey ....anyway, that waste of time and money, won't be used in this war, wrong mission ;)
We sent 2 x F-35's to Latvia & 2 x F-35's to Romania.
They are likely flying missions along the borders, on the NATO side, gathering ISR & probing Russia's S-400 missile radars.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:51 am
Well hello Ms Marin! Throw her on my rope and duct tape, find a nearby red roof inn list.

She’s not at the restraining order level I’ve placed Jodie Comer recently but veery niiice.
:lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

admin wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:49 am
He told Germany to start to contribute their share for NATO and Europe to get off Russian oil and gas 3 years ago.

The man is a genius .

We need him back now.

Essexfenwick and jhu72: If you want to talk like this, go to Hamsterdam. Otherwise, you'll be going to the Penalty Box. Especially during the season...

Got it. My first time on this board. Once I got the blue attack I assumed it was gloves off on this board so I pounded my opponent into a stain.

Won’t happen again.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Putin is going to threaten Europe with Chernobyl containment structure breach. Europe will fold like a cheap suit. He just said grave consequences, not what they would be. People assumed he meant using nuclear weapons. Now he has Chernobyl, he has one. "Be a shame if anything happened to your nice, Western funded and built Chernobyl containment vessel."

I have to say the West sncks at chess...

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wi ... t-83085066
Last edited by PizzaSnake on Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Essexfenwick wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:12 pm
admin wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:49 am

The man is a genius .

We need him back now.

Got it. My first time on this board. Once I got the blue attack I assumed it was gloves off on this board so I pounded my opponent into a stain.

Won’t happen again.
You made a ninkompoop of yourself.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

MAGAt

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
DocBarrister

Why Ukraine — and Russian aggression against it — matters to Americans

Post by DocBarrister »

As has happened so many times before in European history, an aggressor’s bombs and tanks are wreaking horror and havoc on a weaker neighbor. This time, the victim is Ukraine, a member state of the United Nations inhabited by 44 million people; the perpetrator is Russia, whose repressive ruler, President Vladimir Putin, insists — contrary to black-letter international law — that Ukraine has no sovereign rights he is bound to respect. Once again, civilized life in this strategically vital continent is being overwhelmed by blood and fire. The conflict may be contained — for the moment — in Europe’s eastern reaches. But it threatens to spread. And once again, the United States is called upon to respond.

Many Americans may wish, instinctively and understandably, not to get involved in a European war, even indirectly, by levying sanctions on the aggressor, Russia. Such measures could trigger disruptions in energy and financial markets, creating costs for the United States, when we already suffer from problems, ranging from a pandemic to inflation to racial injustice. Certainly this country, its service members — and their families — paid a high price, financial and human, in, and for, Middle Eastern wars that ended without clear victory.

And yet, President Biden is right to answer Mr. Putin robustly, even at some risk to the United States and allied nations, which are also isolating Russia economically and diplomatically. The United States has no mutual defense treaty with Ukraine and, thus, no legal or prudential obligation to protect it with U.S. forces. What we do have is a stake in the peace and stability of Europe, a continent of 740 million people with whom Americans share a long-standing commitment to democracy, innumerable familial ties and more than $1 trillion in annual commerce, upon which millions of jobs depend.

To prevent the continent from falling under the sway of a hostile hegemon — as it almost did in 1914, 1939 and during the Cold War — has been a vital U.S. interest for decades. This is the vital interest for which the United States invested in the North Atlantic Treaty Organization and other institutions. And it is precisely that vital interest that unchecked Russian aggression would sooner or later undermine, with far higher and more lasting costs to Americans than any that we might sustain from the sanctions and other measures Mr. Biden is contemplating now.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... ed-states/

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister

Return to “POLITICS”