All Things Russia & Ukraine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ardilla secreta

Re: All Things Russia & Ukraine

Post by ardilla secreta »

old salt wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:35 pm
ardilla secreta wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:04 am A good friend of mine is a public speaking consultant who works almost exclusively with politicians. Several years ago he had the chance to spend extended time in Kyiv working with the woman candidate that was running against Putin’s puppet.
Was he working with one of the Tymoshenko ladies, mother or daughter ?
He was working with Natalia Korolevska.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

get it to x wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:12 am
jhu72 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:55 am
get it to x wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:15 am
Essexfenwick wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:05 am
jhu72 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:04 am
Essexfenwick wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:01 am Trump was ahead of the game.
He told Germany to start to contribute their share for NATO and Europe to get off Russian oil and gas 3 years ago.

The man is a genius .

Smarter that the progressive and the neocon swamp.

We need him back now.
I think Putin is probably too busy now for Trump to suck his dick. :lol:
Yes Putin was sucking Trumps dick

Now he’s f*cking Joes Butt.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... risis.html

From someone who lived in Russia during a pivotal time. All of this could have been avoided if a hand was extended rather than pushing the expansion of NATO to "contain" Russia. Too much invested in the "war machine" to accept a real peace dividend. I was around when we had air raid drills in elementary school, of which mine had a fallout shelter. I didn't comprehend until later what that meant, but it has informed my thinking on armed conflict ever since.
... Peter Hitchens is out of his mind. Don't think it was so much a case of pushing NATO, as NATO being a club the locals wanted to join.
The US was NATO. They held enough influence at the time to not make it a club. They could have made it a relic of a bygone day, which it looks like occurred naturally through corruption and neglect. We should not be Germany's standing army. The UN is basically the same thing. It has outlived its usefulness.
We are about to perform the experiment with NATO.

Note you do not understand my position on NATO or their paying for their defense. Don't assume you do. Same goes for the pacific alliances!
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

Trump was so soft that Putin only attacked anyone when Biden or Obama was running things.

Smart people notice actions and results. (And also notice the leader of the free world has advanced dementia).

Not so smart people spin to hide embarrassment.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ardilla secreta wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:22 am Resolve?

While the world decides what to do next UEFA is in meeting on what to do about St Petersburg hosting the Champions League final - the worlds Super Bowl. Also on what to do about Gasprom being one of its major sponsors. Perhaps they’ll even decide what to do about the two Russian teams playing in the UEFA Europa League payoffs. Zenit (St Petersburg) is playing at Betis (Sevilla) today and Spartak (Moscow) have a bye to the next round. Will any of these Russian interest face any scrutiny? There’s a lot of money involved and we know where the priorities are. Should be a slam dunk decision. Will there be resolve?
... I think I heard the west is basically cancelling their participation. Not paying a lot of attention.
Last edited by jhu72 on Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:21 am
get it to x wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:51 am
Brooklyn wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:47 am AP-NORC poll: Most in US oppose major role in Russia strife

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukrai ... 74fc622a1b

There’s little support among Americans for a major U.S. role in the Russia-Ukraine conflict, according to a new poll, even as President Joe Biden imposes new sanctions and threatens a stronger response that could provoke retaliation from Moscow.

As far as I'm concerned Biden is doing far more than he should. Let's fix the problems at home. Then we can start to worry about the nonsense that goes on overseas.
Happy to see we agree on something. Not looking to be an isolationist, just would rather make friends than enemies.

For sure.

Now let us hope neither the CIA nor any other group that is interested in war suddenly contrives some scheme or false flag that results in American deaths or sabotage so that people become persuaded that another war becomes a good thing.
Let's be clear that the only folks clamoring for a hot war between the US and Russia are some right wing types in media and politics...all, really 'boo Biden' as most would be backpedaling if they actually had the reins of power...meanwhile, the other cohort on the hard right is getting in line behind Trump and wants to be buddy buddy with Putin.

I'm immensely skeptical about the CIA running a false flag operation that would precipitate a hot war with our direct military involvement.

But let's not kid ourselves that Putin's ambitions don't include going back to 1945, which means incorporation of even NATO countries into his sphere of influence. He's coming for it all. And beyond throughout the world. Just a matter of time if not broken now.

And by now, I mean over an extended period of intense sanctions and a well armed insurgency. It's going to take awhile unfortunately.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Essexfenwick wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:31 am Trump was so soft that Putin only attacked anyone when Biden or Obama was running things.

Smart people notice actions and results. (And also notice the leader of the free world has advanced dementia).

"smart people"...
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:35 am
Essexfenwick wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:31 am Trump was so soft that Putin only attacked anyone when Biden or Obama was running things.

"smart people"...
Join the club!!!
Now say after me “I also noticed Biden is suffering from advanced Dementia since he started campaigning.”

Then you can be among the smart!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:34 am
Brooklyn wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:47 am AP-NORC poll: Most in US oppose major role in Russia strife

There’s little support among Americans for a major U.S. role in the Russia-Ukraine conflict, according to a new poll, even as President Joe Biden imposes new sanctions and threatens a stronger response that could provoke retaliation from Moscow.

As far as I'm concerned Biden is doing far more than he should. Let's fix the problems at home. Then we can start to worry about the nonsense that goes on overseas.
Happy to see we agree on something. Not looking to be an isolationist, just would rather make friends than enemies.

For sure.

Now let us hope neither the CIA nor any other group that is interested in war suddenly contrives some scheme or false flag that results in American deaths or sabotage so that people become persuaded that another war becomes a good thing.
Let's be clear that the only folks clamoring for a hot war between the US and Russia are some right wing types in media and politics...all, really 'boo Biden' as most would be backpedaling if they actually had the reins of power...meanwhile, the other cohort on the hard right is getting in line behind Trump and wants to be buddy buddy with Putin.

I'm immensely skeptical about the CIA running a false flag operation that would precipitate a hot war with our direct military involvement.

But let's not kid ourselves that Putin's ambitions don't include going back to 1945, which means incorporation of even NATO countries into his sphere of influence. He's coming for it all. And beyond throughout the world. Just a matter of time if not broken now.

And by now, I mean over an extended period of intense sanctions and a well armed insurgency. It's going to take awhile unfortunately.

This is of course wildly incorrect.

I watched three hours of Morning Joe today. Every second of the show, every cast member, and every guest was begging for direct American involvement, all the whine incoherently blaming (wait for it…) Trump for today’s disaster. Michael McFaul, Tom Nichols, Mika, and Julia Ioffe were especially fake-pugilistic.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:10 am
get it to x wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:05 am
jhu72 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:02 am They are going to sanction Putin and Russia. The next move is Putin's and the Russian people.
Warmongering at it's finest. Too bad a steady hand like Pompeo isn't running State.
yup, the war would have never been necessary if Zelensky had just buckled and made up dirt on Hunter in exchange for weapons and Trump had won, not delivered on the weapons, and the Zelensky government had fallen.

No war needed, proxy state in place.

It's really, really strange to have Americans supporting a former KGB officer who murders his political opponents and free press journalists when he annexes a recognized sovereign country on his border.

Just because..."boo Biden"...
Help us understand your point a bit more clearly...

~ The Biden administration is charge, we can all agree.
~Throw out BHO's backhanded comment when Romney said Russia is our #1 threat...and also throw out Trump as Putin's secret lover (so says damned near the entire democratic party).
~ Biden puffed his chest out in 2019 and said Putin does not want to mess with me....and Putin has essentially said STFU old man.

1.) So what do you believe should have happened?
2.) Now that the wheels are in motion, what do you believe needs to happen next?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:41 am

For sure.

I watched three hours of Morning Joe today. Every second of the show, every cast member, and every guest was begging for direct American involvement, all the whine incoherently blaming (wait for it…) Trump for today’s disaster. Michael McFaul, Tom Nichols, Mika, and Julia Ioffe were especially fake-pugilistic.
I have no clue to whom MD is referring either.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

Joe doesn’t even know where he is. So let’s just get that out of the way.

What we should do now is ask Trump what to do and then do it. He’s the only one who gets it
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Essexfenwick wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:37 am

"smart people"...
Join the club!!!
Now say after me “I also noticed Biden is suffering from advanced Dementia since he started campaigning.”

I think trolling stupidity ain't smart.

Biden seems more than competent to me.
I'm rooting for his success in this matter, why aren't you?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Essexfenwick wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:45 am Joe doesn’t even know where he is. So let’s just get that out of the way.

What we should do now is ask Trump what to do and then do it. He’s the only one who gets it
Proving my point. Trolling stupidity.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

"smart people"...
Join the club!!!

You are "drilling a dry well". We should take care of our own borders. American sovereignty is not high on the list for Globalists/Corporatists. And before I get labeled a jingoist or some other name, I would happily double the amount of legal immigration and citizenship if we could assimilate them into our culture, work ethic and freedoms, not our welfare state.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

For sure.

... it is clear the Trumpnista don't understand the danger that Putin represents. It seems, we will see if true, that NATO has been reinvigorated.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

get it to x wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:48 am

"smart people"...
Join the club!!!

You are "drilling a dry well". We should take care of our own borders. American sovereignty is not high on the list for Globalists/Corporatists. And before I get labeled a jingoist or some other name, I would happily double the amount of legal immigration and citizenship if we could assimilate them into our culture, work ethic and freedoms, not our welfare state.
:lol: :lol: deh lazy.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... Trump was giving Putin everything he wanted, including weakening Ukraine. Child. :roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:43 am
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:41 am

For sure.

I have no clue to whom MD is referring either.
You're right, what they're clamoring about is that "Biden is weak", we should impose much harsher sanctions earlier and we should move many more troops into place, many more weapons. Biden is actually doing all that but they want more, faster, at each step. The Tom Cotton sorts.

It's really just "Boo Biden", but that's where the highest heat to do more, faster is coming from.

And the highest heat that we shouldn't be involved at all is coming from the other part of the hard right, Trumpist sorts vying for his approval. But they're also joined by some of the left, which is probably more muted because Biden is POTUS.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:50 am
get it to x wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:48 am

"smart people"...
Join the club!!!

:lol: :lol: deh lazy.
:lol:
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:53 am

... Trump was giving Putin everything he wanted, including weakening Ukraine. Child. :roll:
Putin only attacks when Biden or Obama are running things. Trump knew how to handle people and look out for US interests.

Obama said Russia was 1980s foreign policy. Biden was against George HW desert storm success and for GW bushes WMD failure.

Those men are stupid and they will never forgive Trump for showing that to the people.

Return to “POLITICS”