All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

jhu72

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:53 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:38 pm I don’t care for myself, it’s a annoyance but I really am only looking at them. Parental anxiety and paranoia I guess over what I haven’t done for them already.
I feel bad for the little kids but I have always found that things bother the parents more than the kids. Kids go on with life.
+1. They are too busy living life to worry about a little inconvenience. They adapt much quicker. It impossible not to love kids.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:57 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:38 pm I don’t care for myself, it’s a annoyance but I really am only looking at them. Parental anxiety and paranoia I guess over what I haven’t done for them already.
I feel bad for the little kids but I have always found that things bother the parents more than the kids. Kids go on with life.
+1. They are too busy living life to worry about a little inconvenience. They adapt much quicker. It impossible not to love kids.
I have witnessed my buddy and his kindergartner. She has been fine. She has a great life. We laugh about it all the time. He’s never heard her complain about a mask.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:16 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:07 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:43 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:16 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:28 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:46 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:05 pm We recall that February 1 Denmark relaxed all mandates and social distancing requirements. Their numbers were moving in the right direction. 3 weeks later the numbers are moving in the wrong direction and the Danish Women's soccer team has withdrawn from the Algrave Cup tournament as a number of team members have comedown with COVID. Denmark's numbers are going up as the BA.2 variant has become dominant in Denmark.
BA.2 has been detected in 74 countries and 47 U.S. states, but experts are keeping a close eye on Denmark, where it’s now responsible for nearly 90% of new COVID cases, as it has fueled a second omicron surge.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/soccer ... uxbndlbing
If we’re unlikely to get to critical mass then don’t we have to accept
Ebbs and flows and some degree of risk? Is your position we need a zero contraction level in order to remove mask mandates? What level
Of cost is acceptable? I view it through the lens of my young kids socialization on psyche and how this impacts them under the presumption that masks are temporal and have an endpoint. Under that baseline I think the cost is starting to outweigh the benefit. What’s your position?

BTW I vote zero in poll because folks I know taken down by the virus would have found it wildly disrespectful to their families to politicize the loss of a members life.
... I am only reporting the news. Don't have a position. It is what it is. It is better than it was 3 months ago. I think it is going to be hard to put the the defensive measures back in place if we need them. Hopefully we won't. The article I posted a few days ago about the long term efficacy of the vaccines and the really amazing T and B cell behaviors over time gives a lot of hope. We will see.
Fair enough. Guess I wonder when people put up stories or oped pieces but don’t want to take positions. Agreed it’s going to be hard to put back in place but also think there ha to be room for a discussion of cost benefit and something other than zero tolerance.

Two years in and I have 7&9yr olds. The seven year old has had maybe 3mo of public schooling where she hasn’t had to have a mask on all the time effectively. I can’t imagine her going through all of elementary school under that condition if we aren’t all going to have to wear masks for the rest of our lives but that’s what a cohort would think or position the argument to be. Not you here it appears but that group very much exists.
I believe as cases come down in communities, we will get somewhere back to normal. If only 40,000-50,000 people are dying a year, it will be a none issue. If there was is chance that the spread may get out of control, we will implement mitigation efforts. It’s the price of being human. We have actually been lucky this thing was deadlier and we had been conducting research along the way. I don’t see kids being required to wear masks for much longer if cases keep heading down. Has it been documented that kids can’t spread the virus? I haven’t read anything.
Been zero positive tests for a week or more straight at my kids school. Even before it was mostly 0s and an occasional 1-2 day.

At this stage take them off and if we need to go back it won’t be the parents in my school district fighting it both ways.
Hopefully it’s over (mask requirement) March 1st. Do you know what positivity rate is throughout the entire school district?

Saw this (different state): https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nc/charlo ... s-optional

https://districtadministration.com/trac ... -by-state/
This is for aps not in % terms but raw data

https://docs.google.com/viewerng/viewer ... lative.pdf
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:41 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:05 pm We recall that February 1 Denmark relaxed all mandates and social distancing requirements. Their numbers were moving in the right direction. 3 weeks later the numbers are moving in the wrong direction and the Danish Women's soccer team has withdrawn from the Algrave Cup tournament as a number of team members have comedown with COVID. Denmark's numbers are going up as the BA.2 variant has become dominant in Denmark.
BA.2 has been detected in 74 countries and 47 U.S. states, but experts are keeping a close eye on Denmark, where it’s now responsible for nearly 90% of new COVID cases, as it has fueled a second omicron surge.
Ebbs and flows and some degree of risk? Is your position we need a zero contraction level in order to remove mask mandates? What level
Of cost is acceptable? I view it through the lens of my young kids socialization on psyche and how this impacts them under the presumption that masks are temporal and have an endpoint. Under that baseline I think the cost is starting to outweigh the benefit. What’s your position?

BTW I vote zero in poll because folks I know taken down by the virus would have found it wildly disrespectful to their families to politicize the loss of a members life.
... I am only reporting the news. Don't have a position. It is what it is. It is better than it was 3 months ago. I think it is going to be hard to put the the defensive measures back in place if we need them. Hopefully we won't. The article I posted a few days ago about the long term efficacy of the vaccines and the really amazing T and B cell behaviors over time gives a lot of hope. We will see.
Fair enough. Guess I wonder when people put up stories or oped pieces but don’t want to take positions. Agreed it’s going to be hard to put back in place but also think there ha to be room for a discussion of cost benefit and something other than zero tolerance.

Two years in and I have 7&9yr olds. The seven year old has had maybe 3mo of public schooling where she hasn’t had to have a mask on all the time effectively. I can’t imagine her going through all of elementary school under that condition if we aren’t all going to have to wear masks for the rest of our lives but that’s what a cohort would think or position the argument to be. Not you here it appears but that group very much exists.
I believe as cases come down in communities, we will get somewhere back to normal. If only 40,000-50,000 people are dying a year, it will be a none issue. If there was is chance that the spread may get out of control, we will implement mitigation efforts. It’s the price of being human. We have actually been lucky this thing was deadlier and we had been conducting research along the way. I don’t see kids being required to wear masks for much longer if cases keep heading down. Has it been documented that kids can’t spread the virus? I haven’t read anything.
Been zero positive tests for a week or more straight at my kids school. Even before it was mostly 0s and an occasional 1-2 day.

At this stage take them off and if we need to go back it won’t be the parents in my school district fighting it both ways.
Hopefully it’s over (mask requirement) March 1st. Do you know what positivity rate is throughout the entire school district?

Saw this (different state): https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nc/charlo ... s-optional

Looks like things are progressively better. I would be shocked if masks mandate isn’t dropped soon.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:50 pm

Looks like things are progressively better. I would be shocked if masks mandate isn’t dropped soon.
I’m just surprised the tri state area is dropping them before Georgia. They’ll probably do it after spring break is my guess. That’s mid-late April.

The behavior of people is odd anyways. See folks who hve them on part of the time then off, the “chin diaper”, all sorts of inconsistencies in practice that make the efficacy limited i have to think.
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:21 pm

I’m just surprised the tri state area is dropping them before Georgia. They’ll probably do it after spring break is my guess. That’s mid-late April.

The behavior of people is odd anyways. See folks who hve them on part of the time then off, the “chin diaper”, all sorts of inconsistencies in practice that make the efficacy limited i have to think.
Yes. People can be told wear the best mask possible and wear it properly….because some people and kids don’t wear it properly doesn’t mean “masks don’t work”….or it’s a bad policy because people are too stupid to follow simple directions which reduces the efficacy.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

or it's all anecdotal. either way.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:57 pm
That’s just anecdotal.
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

the d&ck nose...
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Why take a stance on anything when you can act superior 100% of the time?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:17 pm

the d&ck nose...
I believe that’s called the “Clockwork Orange”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:03 am
Now you’re gonna get it.

I prefer people take positions but some don’t want to take that path. It’s clear that’s a strategy for some.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:38 pm

Yes. People can be told wear the best mask possible and wear it properly….because some people and kids don’t wear it properly doesn’t mean “masks don’t work”….or it’s a bad policy because people are too stupid to follow simple directions which reduces the efficacy.
I’m thinking specifically at this point at school like Lin where the data is pretty strong now it’s more of a cost than a benefit. When I see my son wondering in public situations about catching Covid because people don’t have masks on etc.

Then again I’m in line at Disney a couple days ago, mostly outdoors though tighter congestion, for rides and see a very few with masks and the ones that do have them off for extended period around their throat or whatnot. Why bother at that point. When 90%+ around you don’t have them on indicating they don’t care about it, it’s outdoors if not well spaced out. At that point it’s a signal with no value. Just a show. The very very rare ones maintaining it on are kind of ignoring that the vast majority doesn’t care one way or another. Granted that’s in Florida…
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:43 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:38 pm

I’m thinking specifically at this point at school like Lin where the data is pretty strong now it’s more of a cost than a benefit. When I see my son wondering in public situations about catching Covid because people don’t have masks on etc.

Then again I’m in line at Disney a couple days ago, mostly outdoors though tighter congestion, for rides and see a very few with masks and the ones that do have them off for extended period around their throat or whatnot. Why bother at that point. When 90%+ around you don’t have them on indicating they don’t care about it, it’s outdoors if not well spaced out. At that point it’s a signal with no value. Just a show. The very very rare ones maintaining it on are kind of ignoring that the vast majority doesn’t care one way or another. Granted that’s in Florida…
I think those masks aren’t necessary when there is next to no spread in a community. My guess is the order is forthcoming. It should be. I am always in favor of lifting orders a month too late instead of a month too early. BTW, I was making a general statement about the pushback on masks usage over the past 18 months or so.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

act superior? you jump in whenever you feel like, but then don't answer a simple question. 3 times now.

if anyone comes in acting superior, it's you my man. there is a simple suggestion here... if you don't like the discussion so much you feel the need to project, then ignore it.
NattyBohChamps04

wgdsr wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:00 am
act superior? you jump in whenever you feel like, but then don't answer a simple question. 3 times now.

if anyone comes in acting superior, it's you my man. there is a simple suggestion here... if you don't like the discussion so much you feel the need to project, then ignore it.
What, your mask czar question? What does some hypothetical question matter when you have people all over the country, and even on here, yelling that the vaccines don't work at all and are some conspiracy.

Suggest away, I don't care. If you think I'm acting superior when I say things like masks work, vaccines work, and ivermectin doesn't, then that's something you need to work on for you.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:14 am

What, your mask czar question? What does some hypothetical question matter when you have people all over the country, and even on here, yelling that the vaccines don't work at all and are some conspiracy.

Suggest away, I don't care. If you think I'm acting superior when I say things like masks work, vaccines work, and ivermectin doesn't, then that's something you need to work on for you.
Your the science denier. Yeah, natural immunity is a "conspiracy theory". :lol:

Think the dude, like most normals, was seeking SOLUTIONS to our problems.

You just wanna keep on pointing out, that there is one.

his ask was beyond normal..........you just wanna b...not solve.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:14 am

great, thanks. you think garbage masks work as good policy. i don't. at least we got that out of the way.

btb, it's nothing about the positions you take.

it's also a thread called all things coronavirus. i realize at times and maybe to you it's all about yelling at the folks that yell about vaccines. so again, if it's a discussion you feel is inconsequential, you can beg out. so we both have "something to work on".
NattyBohChamps04

wgdsr wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:43 am great, thanks. you think garbage masks work as good policy. i don't. at least we got that out of the way.

btb, it's nothing about the positions you take.

it's also a thread called all things coronavirus. i realize at times and maybe to you it's all about yelling at the folks that yell about vaccines. so again, if it's a discussion you feel is inconsequential, you can beg out. so we both have "something to work on".
Where did I ever say that garbage masks work as good policy? :roll:

I think masks (and other efforts) that work are all a part of good policy.

Trouble is we have a lot of idiots who won't follow good policy.

If you were in congress, would you have voted to re-stock our N95 stockpile after the swine flu?
NattyBohChamps04

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:42 am
Your the science denier. Yeah, natural immunity is a "conspiracy theory". :lol:

Think the dude, like most normals, was seeking SOLUTIONS to our problems.

You just wanna keep on pointing out, that there is one.

his ask was beyond normal..........you just wanna b...not solve.
Natural immunity is great... For those who don't die or face long term issues. How about you go tell the family members of the dead and suffering that yourself?

The better solutions are already at your local pharmacy. And in our hospitals :roll:

Return to “POLITICS”