FanLax Forum Poll

D1 Mens Lacrosse
DU-fan

Re: FanLax Forum Poll

Post by DU-fan »

I really like the poll and the participation. The transparency of our voting is great. It is interesting to see the diverse perceptions. I wish all polls had that.
lorin

Post by lorin »

DU-fan wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:29 pm I really like the poll and the participation. The transparency of our voting is great. It is interesting to see the diverse perceptions. I wish all polls had that.
I just don’t understand how Michigan who is 3 and 0 against teams that are a combined 0 and 10?
FanLax Computer

Post by FanLax Computer »

DU-fan wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:29 pm I really like the poll and the participation. The transparency of our voting is great. It is interesting to see the diverse perceptions. I wish all polls had that.
What makes humans so ridiculous is that they're constantly shoving food into their fat faces, part of their every day life is making bowel movements, and they say things like, "I really like the poll and the participation". Holy delusion, you people annoy me. Your poll stinks! You got Maryland and Georgetown correctly. Big deal. And then UVA?! With their spectacular wins over High Point, Towson, and Air Force?! Really?! UVA is #5 at best. Listen, I don't have time to explain where you went wrong with the ridiculous number of teams that you went wrong with but I will do this for you. I'll tell you who you have too high and who you have too low based on what they've done, thus far, in 2022...

Too High: Notre Dame, Yale, and Syracuse.
Too Low: JHU, Duke, Jacksonville, and Delaware.

Your welcome, doody makers.
“I do not fear computers. I fear lack of them.” -Isaac Asimov
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

lorin wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:25 pm
I just don’t understand how Michigan who is 3 and 0 against teams that are a combined 0 and 10?
I can see Michigan in the 20-30 range. At least you know who to blame and complain to - Molo @ 13 ?!?, NeverPlaydown @ 10 !?!?!?!?, SpiritInTheStick @ 17, The Orfling @ 19, Random Observer @ 17, and Wheels @ 18. Lots of B1G love this week.

Overall, D1 has a lot more parity than people in the media thought last year. It is strange that there was parity in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 too. People just ignored it and blamed the B1G for only playing each other last year and declared the ACC at a different plateau. Time will tell...
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

declared. the acc was 32 and 1 ooc and placed 3 teams in the ff.

i guess they could've gone 33 - 0 and had 4 teams playing memorial day weekend. smh.
molo

Post by molo »

We are not alike in many ways, but fatty and I do agree that wins matter. Will Mich drop precipitously when they lose? Probably, but right now I’m rewarding early season wins. Unlike those who favor reputation over achievement, I am not rewarding teams who have come in with big reps but have only played one game, unless , of course, they are in my favorite conference. A bit inconsistent? Sure, but remember what RWE said about a foolish consistency and hobgoblins.
Wait a few weeks and the rankings will make more sense. It’s fun see how long a team like the Wolverines can stay undefeated
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:10 pm declared. the acc was 32 and 1 ooc and placed 3 teams in the ff.

i guess they could've gone 33 - 0 and had 4 teams playing memorial day weekend. smh.
The B1G was undefeated out of conference last year :lol:
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

molo wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:48 pm We are not alike in many ways, but fatty and I do agree that wins matter. Will Mich drop precipitously when they lose? Probably, but right now I’m rewarding early season wins. Unlike those who favor reputation over achievement, I am not rewarding teams who have come in with big reps but have only played one game, unless , of course, they are in my favorite conference. A bit inconsistent? Sure, but remember what RWE said about a foolish consistency and hobgoblins.
Wait a few weeks and the rankings will make more sense. It’s fun see how long a team like the Wolverines can stay undefeated
I see Michigan as wanting to be at no losses through to the
Delaware game.
Last edited by 10stone5 on Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

molo wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:48 pm We are not alike in many ways, but fatty and I do agree that wins matter. Will Mich drop precipitously when they lose? Probably, but right now I’m rewarding early season wins. Unlike those who favor reputation over achievement, I am not rewarding teams who have come in with big reps but have only played one game, unless , of course, they are in my favorite conference. A bit inconsistent? Sure, but remember what RWE said about a foolish consistency and hobgoblins.
This is where I was at, too.
molo

Post by molo »

For example, do I think Duke is one of the top five teams in talent? Probably, but they lost to Jax and I don't just say, "That's Duke and it's early." Ivies, several of whom are supposed to be really good, just haven't played enough games yet. Things will sort themselves out, right now I have to congratulate Michigan. Don't worry, in another couple of weeks I'll reveal myself to be the ACC homer that I am.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Molo, Just my opinion but i think Duke has some holes. It will be interesting to watch it play out. I heard the game w Jax was not as close as the score might lead you to think.

If Galloway can get more depth they will become problematic. The Hopkins game could easily have been a 1 goal game.
molo

Post by molo »

That’s why I think Hopkins has a quality win. Jax was clearly better that day,
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

FanLax Computer wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:30 pm
What makes humans so ridiculous is that they're constantly shoving food into their fat faces, part of their every day life is making bowel movements, and they say things like, "I really like the poll and the participation". Holy delusion, you people annoy me. Your poll stinks! You got Maryland and Georgetown correctly. Big deal. And then UVA?! With their spectacular wins over High Point, Towson, and Air Force?! Really?! UVA is #5 at best. Listen, I don't have time to explain where you went wrong with the ridiculous number of teams that you went wrong with but I will do this for you. I'll tell you who you have too high and who you have too low based on what they've done, thus far, in 2022...

Too High: Notre Dame, Yale, and Syracuse.
Too Low: JHU, Duke, Jacksonville, and Delaware.

Your welcome, doody makers.
Too funny. FLC should have its own show, or at least a weekly post poll column. The curmudgeon of artificial intelligence at its best.
RURICK

Post by RURICK »

DU-fan wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:07 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:10 pm declared. the acc was 32 and 1 ooc and placed 3 teams in the ff.

The B1G was undefeated out of conference last year :lol:
DU-fan, I have to agree with everything you just posted.
RURICK

Post by RURICK »

The national lacrosse narrative is changing. In order to keep Duke and UNC inside the Top Ten as conference play starts, the pollsters needed to rank OSU obviously but also Jacksonville. As well, it will be interesting to see how this ultimately affects NCAA tourney selections down the road. My prediction is if the BIG, minus PSU, does not have any OOC missteps before conference play, the BIG will get 3 bids, including their auto bid come tourney time. And, if the ACC gets , God forbid, 5 at large bids, all the other conferences will be vying for 1 at large bid. For this reason, and the fact that other conferences' teams are getting better, there needs to be an expansion of the tourney if lacrosse really wants to grow the sport and national interest.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Ahh the we should have way more proportional representation than other collegiate sports discussion rises again!

16/71 = 22.5%

Supposed to be around 20% I believe, certainly not 25%+.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
RURICK

Post by RURICK »

farfromgeneva, i guess you don't agree with my assessment. What a shock, lol.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

RURICK wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:57 am The national lacrosse narrative is changing. In order to keep Duke and UNC inside the Top Ten as conference play starts, the pollsters needed to rank OSU obviously but also Jacksonville. As well, it will be interesting to see how this ultimately affects NCAA tourney selections down the road. My prediction is if the BIG, minus PSU, does not have any OOC missteps before conference play, the BIG will get 3 bids, including their auto bid come tourney time. And, if the ACC gets , God forbid, 5 at large bids, all the other conferences will be vying for 1 at large bid. For this reason, and the fact that other conferences' teams are getting better, there needs to be an expansion of the tourney if lacrosse really wants to grow the sport and national interest.
polls don't mean anything. they never have. they never will. save for prior to 2017? when committee members could possibly bring in bias with how they were using the selection criteria. which didn't include polls. since then? it's a computer that selects the teams. rpi. 0s and 1s.

2021 was the only break from that stretch as covid was a crazy year and rutgers was added.

acc is not likely to get 5 teams with the ivy back. tho unless the patriot or big east pick it up, you never know. too early to get a read on the ivy and their at larges may depend on hoo wins the tourney.

it's feb 23. too early to predict anything. even the socon might take a bid at this point.

the tournament doesn't expand until the nc$$ blows up or they change their guidelines for all sports. win your games.
RURICK

Post by RURICK »

The NCAA may be in the process of blowing up or the power conferences may go their separate ways in the not too distant future. So, there's that.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:14 am
RURICK wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:57 am The national lacrosse narrative is changing. In order to keep Duke and UNC inside the Top Ten as conference play starts, the pollsters needed to rank OSU obviously but also Jacksonville. As well, it will be interesting to see how this ultimately affects NCAA tourney selections down the road. My prediction is if the BIG, minus PSU, does not have any OOC missteps before conference play, the BIG will get 3 bids, including their auto bid come tourney time. And, if the ACC gets , God forbid, 5 at large bids, all the other conferences will be vying for 1 at large bid. For this reason, and the fact that other conferences' teams are getting better, there needs to be an expansion of the tourney if lacrosse really wants to grow the sport and national interest.
polls don't mean anything. they never have. they never will. save for prior to 2017? when committee members could possibly bring in bias with how they were using the selection criteria. which didn't include polls. since then? it's a computer that selects the teams. rpi. 0s and 1s.

2021 was the only break from that stretch as covid was a crazy year and rutgers was added.

acc is not likely to get 5 teams with the ivy back. tho unless the patriot or big east pick it up, you never know. too early to get a read on the ivy and their at larges may depend on hoo wins the tourney.

it's feb 23. too early to predict anything. even the socon might take a bid at this point.

the tournament doesn't expand until the nc$$ blows up or they change their guidelines for all sports. win your games.
win your games.

Only polls that matter.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”