Facegram & Instabook

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Facegram & Instabook

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:56 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:57 pm
But I've also tried to listen to Rogan and some of tech's other suggestions and I just can't get past the dumbness of some of the "discussion", the allowance for actual disinformation without real contestation. Wrap it up in an entertaining or pseudoscientific bow, and sure, podcasts can attract a big audience...just like talk radio does...which I also find mind numbingly partisan. It's "long form" but usually grossly dumb.
:lol: Yeah I'm sure you gave it the old college try.

Since the effort to cancel Rogan was unleashed, amongst others he has interviewed: General McMaster, Jordan Peterson, Josh Dubin, Steven Koonin, Andrew Dessler, Michael Olsterholm, Maajid Nawas, and Coleman Hughes... These folks make for really "dumb" conversation. :roll:

And let's not lie about it mdlax, on Rogan, information is fact checked in real time and discussion is always open to "contestation". Cite one instance where the corporate media programs have done that?

Not your cup of tea? Fine... but don't ruin it for others (many others) who happen disagree with you.
When Rogan doesn't endorse medical disinformation I'll agree, but not until then.

Sorry. I'm sure he has interesting guests, and he's at least entertaining, but the disinformation Does NOT get corrected, ever.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:42 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:34 pm Get what? You and yours hate idea's and discussions......you just wanna talk AT us......label us. The word, IS, bigot.
Yep. That's me. Because of course, you would never lecture the rest of us, and call us sheep, right?
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:34 pm That you want a "shot" that does NOT do what it said it would do, doesn't work, should be mandatory?
Nope. Just mandatory for you. I want them to force YOU to get the shot. Everyone else? I"m good. They don't have to take it.
weird....when you cutN paste stuff that means not much.

NO ONE cares about all the other, non covid guests that Joe Rogan has on.....NO ONE.

when you make declarative statements like this, tough to stomach much else from these kind of sentiments.

care to discuss the missing CDC demgraphic data for the largest population segment of US residents? nope.....LOOK.....pete the fake account poster is posting.....geez.....

keep on talking at us........the vaccine clearly.....works. What does your "feed" say :roll:
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:49 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:44 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:29 pm Afan is out of touch....maybe the mash fumes are making him lightheaded. People like Leno, Carson, Oprah, etc never had good ratings since there was no covid.
Yep. I'm out of touch.

Wanna wager if Rogan's ratings are down post Covid or not?
#QFP I’ll put it on my outlook calendar for a year from now.
So....no. You don't want to wager.

He's already old news, and can go right back to his show with its paywall. He'll do fine. But his HUGE, viral ratings were Covid related....add in a paywall, and his audience is already shrinking.

You guys have shares in his show? You're awful touchy when anyone brings any sense of reality to the show.

NO ONE is upset if he has Musk, or N D Tyson, or any of his guests on. I find it HILARIOUS that TinFoilHatAmerica has taken Rogan on as one of their own....and feigns outrage that the "reason" he's being cancelled is because he has N D Tyson on for a long interview. :lol:

Yeah, right. "They're trying to shut down the truth about Big Bang Theory, dude!!!!! THAT is why they're trying to shut down Rogan and Neil D Tyson, dude!!!! It's aliens!!! The truth is: it's aliens, dude

:lol: Where do you guys come up with this stuff? I need to tap into a different frequency with my tinfoil hat, apparently.....
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:51 pm
But I've also tried to listen to Rogan and some of tech's other suggestions and I just can't get past the dumbness of some of the "discussion", the allowance for actual disinformation without real contestation. Wrap it up in an entertaining or pseudoscientific bow, and sure, podcasts can attract a big audience...just like talk radio does...which I also find mind numbingly partisan. It's "long form" but usually grossly dumb.

Since the effort to cancel Rogan was unleashed, amongst others he has interviewed: General McMaster, Jordan Peterson, Josh Dubin, Steven Koonin, Andrew Dessler, Michael Olsterholm, Maajid Nawas, and Coleman Hughes... These folks make for really "dumb" conversation. :roll:

And let's not lie about it mdlax, on Rogan, information is fact checked in real time and discussion is always open to "contestation". Cite one instance where the corporate media programs have done that?

Not your cup of tea? Fine... but don't ruin it for others (many others) who happen disagree with you.
When Rogan doesn't endorse medical disinformation I'll agree, but not until then.
That's just not true. I suppose having Olsterholm on (2 separate occasions) is "medical disinformation"?

Sorry. I'm sure he has interesting guests, and he's at least entertaining, but the disinformation Does NOT get corrected, ever.
Don't be sorry, as I've said before, it's your loss. I'm not trying to convince you, that's for sure. Just stop with the lies and mischaracterizations and you won't hear from me.
Last edited by tech37 on Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:54 pm NO ONE cares about all the other, non covid guests that Joe Rogan has on.....NO ONE.
Oh fer F's sake....no one is OFFENDED by having Elon Musk on. That clearer for you?

Of course people care about Rogan's guest. It's why they tune in. I meant that no one is OFFENDED by non-Covid guests.
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:54 pm care to discuss the missing CDC demgraphic data for the largest population segment of US residents?
Nope. Because you don't trust their numbers, remember? You told us from day one that Covid numbers are faked. So what do you care?

That's the problem, my man.....once you put on the TinFoilHat...you can't take it off. You don't trust numbers when you don't like them, remember?

So you don't get to cite them when you do like them.

See how that works?

And right....you've NEVER been condescending with every poster here. Right. Not once.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:02 pm

That's just not true.

Don't be sorry, as I've said before, it's your loss. I'm not trying to convince you, that's for sure. Just stop with the lies and mischaracterizations and you won't hear from me.
mmm, yes he has. And he hasn't corrected this, unfortunately. So the platform removed those podcasts. Not him. Nor did he make sure the correct the prior errors.

But hey, he's not a journalist, he's just a podcaster/entertainer, so journalistic standards aren't required.

Rogan has a long ways to go for me. But hey, if he floats your boat, no sweat off me.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:03 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:54 pm NO ONE cares about all the other, non covid guests that Joe Rogan has on.....NO ONE.
Oh fer F's sake....no one is OFFENDED by having Elon Musk on. That clearer for you?

Of course people care about Rogan's guest. It's why they tune in. I meant that no one is OFFENDED by non-Covid guests.
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:54 pm care to discuss the missing CDC demgraphic data for the largest population segment of US residents?
Nope. Because you don't trust their numbers, remember? You told us from day one that Covid numbers are faked. So what do you care?

That's the problem, my man.....once you put on the TinFoilHat...you can't take it off. You don't trust numbers when you don't like them, remember?
B IGOT........I don't wear hats......once YOU put the "label " on.....you won't ever take it off. .......I trust numbers.......you keep on ignoring my requests for CDC numbers. Who was the only one, being "condescending" when many were demanding modern covid shot efficasy/tracking...yeah, keep on thinking I don't trust numbers.

So you don't get to cite them when you do like them.

See how that works?

And right....you've NEVER been condescending with every poster here. Right. Not once.
glad you agree that you are being condescending.

When did Joe Rogan sign the Spotify contract , for 100 million? ;) are you really this fecesbook ranting in unfacts and ignorant pointless posts?

Dude.......the vaccine does NOT work.

Cut N paste THIS one, afan:
why did our government change the "meaning" of vaccine, in Sept. 2021......only months ago. Was the decades long definition, umm, just not, ummm, following the $cience ?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:26 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:37 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:01 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:53 pm It'll all eventually level out to become a net neutral, zero sum game.....essentially back to square one.

IMO social media will eventually kill itself...and 'long play' media will replace them. Podcasts allow for discourse, uninterrupted back and forth, not handcuffed by character count maximums or subject to some jack-off cancelling you for some BS algorithm intended to silence a particular group (but argued that's now the intent). It is exactly why a Joe Rogan thrives.....people are craving intellectual discussion, and only participating and responding to bits and bytes b/c it is front and center.

Either that....or we truly are headed for Idiocracy.
yes, that does appear to be the tradeoff, though I suspect it will be a hybrid...and still idiocracy.

Neither formats demand even an effort, nor reward, for truth telling. Both encourage polarization.

Unless the mechanisms measure and thereby reward truth, we'll get more extreme usage by propagandists, and more polarization with echo chambers.
I believe you grossly underestimate the 'long discussion' formats, because you tend to hang on to a sliver of something you may hear as a non-truth, then simply shut it down, mentally. The idea is to NOT discuss only facts.....that becomes quite boring and non-challenging, the idea is to promote thought provoking discourse; this is what is so appealing to the tens of millions that listen to Rogan, daily. But you will shut him down b/c of a sound bite and ignore the many guests that you would otherwise really enjoy and you've articulated similarly.

Polariazation? that is just crazy talk...you clearly do not listen to podcast..you damn boomer. ;) :lol:
:D :lol: I actually do listen to a bunch of politically oriented podcasts, thanks to my son's interests, but I find them quite limited in their scope, definitely from a particular perspective. But super interesting. Very bright, very knowledgeable, self deprecating most of the time.

I'm all for long form over short form.

I'm sure that happens on the left as well. I just haven't stumbled across it yet, though I do find some of the commentary hyperbolic.

All that said, I definitely prefer long form to twitter and FB type "conversations"...!!!
Lex Friedman? Write? Gotta be Lex Friedman that your son recommended. Lex Friedman barely speaks.......Lex Friedman listens. When Lex Friedman was on Joe Rogan......great conversation. Lex Friedman would definitely be in the 24-45 demographic. Great guests. GOTTA be Lex Friedman.

In other words. Name some names, interested to see what interesting expansive viewpoints others limit themselves......

Can't be Kyle & Krystal? Kim Iverson (awesome )......so, wondering, whom, podcasts are on your political playlist ?

Great one, today.
Try Russ Roberts-Econtalk.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:58 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:29 pm Afan is out of touch....maybe the mash fumes are making him lightheaded. People like Leno, Carson, Oprah, etc never had good ratings since there was no covid.
Yep. I'm out of touch.

He's already old news, and can go right back to his show with its paywall. He'll do fine. But his HUGE, viral ratings were Covid related....add in a paywall, and his audience is already shrinking.

You guys have shares in his show? You're awful touchy when anyone brings any sense of reality to the show.

NO ONE is upset if he has Musk, or N D Tyson, or any of his guests on. I find it HILARIOUS that TinFoilHatAmerica has taken Rogan on as one of their own....and feigns outrage that the "reason" he's being cancelled is because he has N D Tyson on for a long interview. :lol:

Yeah, right. "They're trying to shut down the truth about Big Bang Theory, dude!!!!! THAT is why they're trying to shut down Rogan and Neil D Tyson, dude!!!! It's aliens!!! The truth is: it's aliens, dude

:lol: Where do you guys come up with this stuff? I need to tap into a different frequency with my tinfoil hat, apparently.....
I logged it, to see where we are in a year. What is the line for the wager?

Touchy... :lol: only when it comes to people wanting to shut others up. I though we were past that era in the US, guess not!

It is called entertainment.....hell, you can barely cite the bible around this place, much less any news source these days.

Yea....Randall Carlson is a horrible guest with no credibility and teaches his audience nothing about earth.

Why must you always pick fights? Is it for the sake of just fighting? Joe Rogan, is essentially Fanlax....where ideas are discussed, the only difference, his show is far more civil, he listens to his guests w/o every reply being a I gotcha now moment by some angry keyboard warriors saying get off my lawn. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Yep. I'm out of touch.

Turn on, tune in, drop out
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:23 pm
Yep. I'm out of touch.

I logged it, to see where we are in a year. What is the line for the wager?

Touchy... :lol: only when it comes to people wanting to shut others up. I though we were past that era in the US, guess not!

It is called entertainment.....hell, you can barely cite the bible around this place, much less any news source these days.

Yea....Randall Carlson is a horrible guest with no credibility and teaches his audience nothing about earth.

Why must you always pick fights? Is it for the sake of just fighting? Joe Rogan, is essentially Fanlax....where ideas are discussed, the only difference, his show is far more civil, he listens to his guests w/o every reply being a I gotcha now moment by some angry keyboard warriors saying get off my lawn. :lol:
Bad comparison as it’s different forums and mediums.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Yep. I'm out of touch.

Obama wood have been on Rogan's show in a nanosecond. Guess you missed the three actual POTUSA candidates Joe Rogan interviewed . Nah....actually ,you miss alot.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:08 pm
tech37 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:02 pm

That's just not true.

mmm, yes he has. And he hasn't corrected this, unfortunately. So the platform removed those podcasts. Not him. Nor did he make sure the correct the prior errors.
Yes, he did say he's not a doctor and people should not take medical advice from him. You obviously don't watch enough to know this. Instead you simply repeat what you hear or read in the lying legacy media who are trying to cancel him. Stop spreading disinformation.

You missed my earlier edit... if his intention was to spread "medical disinformation" why would he have Osterholm on, once at the beginning of the pandemic, and a second time just last week?

But hey, he's not a journalist, he's just a podcaster/entertainer, so journalistic standards aren't required.
Obviously "journalistic standards" are NOT required at CNN, FOX, or MSNBC especially.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:23 pm Yea....Randall Carlson is a horrible guest with no credibility and teaches his audience nothing about earth.
Sorry youth. Should have included Carlson in my list...interesting fellow.
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:02 pm That's just not true. I suppose having Olsterholm on (2 separate occasions) is "medical disinformation"?
No. Going on when he got Covid, and telling all his viewers that his doctor gave him everything from ivermectin to steroids.

...but "forgot" to tell his audience that an ethical doctor wouldn't prescribe either.

The fact that he's not saying: "here's my doctor, and this is what he told me to do"...tells you that he knows doggone well that he shouldn't be broadcasting this info. to the world.

He knows what he did. It's why he apologized, and we can all move on.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:23 pm I logged it, to see where we are in a year. What is the line for the wager?
There isn't one. Spotify doesn't broadcast that info.
youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:23 pm Touchy... :lol: only when it comes to people wanting to shut others up. I though we were past that era in the US, guess not!
You're asking me why I must pick fights, you know why....it's because I'm sick of hypocritical statements like this.

Ask your average conservative---just the average one---what they think of the NFL. You know what they'll say.....I don't even watch that crap anymore. And why? Players kneeling.

And I know you know the new phrase "get woke, go broke"?

And how about Tech? Last year, he was demanding on this very thread Facebook and Twitter get F'ed by the government simply because they have the gall to publish what THEY want to publish. Those bastards! They should publish what Tech wants them to publish, obviously. And if they don't? Well, Congress should FORCE them to publish what Tech wants.

So yeah...it's a bit rich to hear these same folks who want to punish anyone who doesn't think like them....suddenly whine and complain when Rogan does stupid *hit on the air, and gets called out for it.

And it's even more hilarious, because Joe himself understands the reasonable complaints just fine, and apologized.
youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:23 pm Joe Rogan, is essentially Fanlax....where ideas are discussed, the only difference, his show is far more civil,
No. The difference is, he's got an audience in the millions, YA. And people are not getting vaccinated because of his recklessness.

Sorry mate, the libs have the high ground here. They actually care about what happens to Joe Rogan's listeners. If they didn't care...they wouldn't say a single word about any of this. You understand that, right?
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:15 pm B IGOT........I don't wear hats......once YOU put the "label " on.....you won't ever take it off. .......I trust numbers.
Great news. So you finally agree with the CDC numbers on US deaths from Covid.

Nice to hear. Took you two years to get here.

Next up, you need to break out a dictionary, and look up the word "Vaccine", come back, and tell us what's there.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:54 am
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:15 pm B IGOT........I don't wear hats......once YOU put the "label " on.....you won't ever take it off. .......I trust numbers.
Great news. So you finally agree with the CDC numbers on US deaths from Covid.

Nice to hear. Took you two years to get here.

Next up, you need to break out a dictionary, and look up the word "Vaccine", come back, and tell us what's there.
such a bore...... cdc doesn't have "numbers" on US deaths, ......really doubt you do much research on this very serious topic. Beyond binge watching infotainment, swiping your twaatter and fecesbooks posts........and ignoring.....

Dude, show us, where in pfizer application to the FDA, did it mention the words "less severe" , "more mild" etc.

Go on, find it. I have posted their appliction, which, we guess, would be considered facts, especially when it comes to contract law, but....yup, you and your ran for the hills. Should we post, yet again, the FDA application for pfizer, to settle this nonsense? nope, just like canada.

tell us, what should we care about today........we're running out of people to hate, aren't we ?

AFAN, you find it really difficult to induldge even the simplest requests and you ignoring the changes in "vaccine" definitions, in just the past few months, really ain't to hard to find information, proving that this statement is accurate.

make 1984 fiction again
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:27 am
tech37 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:02 pm That's just not true. I suppose having Olsterholm on (2 separate occasions) is "medical disinformation"?
No. Going on when he got Covid, and telling all his viewers that his doctor gave him everything from ivermectin to steroids.

...but "forgot" to tell his audience that an ethical doctor wouldn't prescribe either.

The fact that he's not saying: "here's my doctor, and this is what he told me to do"...tells you that he knows doggone well that he shouldn't be broadcasting this info. to the world.

Would love to "move on" with you but not without more corrections...

Please try to focus... He did not "go on" when he got Covid. After he recovered, he was interviewed outside of the program where he listed all the treatments he took, "the kitchen sink," in his words. It was then that people/media channels with an agenda blew up the IVM part of his treatment. It didn't help Rogan's case that he interviewed 2 controversial doctors around the same time.

He also brought Sanjay Gupta on the program not long after Rogan had contracted Covid and during that interview stated the treatments he took (including IVM) were taken under a doctor's supervision.

I'd be shocked that you wouldn't agree he did the right thing, consulting his personal physician to acquire advice/treatment... isn't that what you've consistently been yelling about on here?... listen to your doctor!
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

tech37 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:38 am
a fan wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:27 am

Would love to "move on" with you but not without more corrections...

Please try to focus... He did not "go on" when he got Covid. After he recovered, he was interviewed outside of the program where he listed all the treatments he took, "the kitchen sink," in his words. It was then that people/media channels with an agenda blew up the IVM part of his treatment. It didn't help Rogan's case that he interviewed 2 controversial doctors around the same time.

He also brought Sanjay Gupta on the program not long after Rogan had contracted Covid and during that interview stated the treatments he took (including IVM) were taken under a doctor's supervision.

I'd be shocked that you wouldn't agree he did the right thing, consulting his personal physician to acquire advice/treatment... isn't that what you've consistently been yelling about on here?... listen to your doctor!
tech....you and others, are ignoring the elephant in the room. Joe Rogan HATES the Clintons..........and reality grows from there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY3ZVmkAKyM

Return to “POLITICS”