Hobart 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
twb2020

Re: Hobart 2022

Post by twb2020 »

catchnshoot wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:19 pm If Hobart has put the option out there for ‘Gate to come play in the dome they would be crazy not to accept.
Who needs to slog it out and potentially have injuries due to terrible conditions in an OOC game?
Doesn’t help either team.
Hopefully the boys aren’t already looking ahead to Cornell and Cuse . Gotta stay in the moment , play’em one at a time .

Why would anybody want to come to play inside a bubble? They are the worst for the traveling team.
I would love to know who plays indoors and the winning percentage of the home teams.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Not helping PSU this year.

Lehigh has some talent but the offense was a two man game. At 14-10 with about 4 or so min left it could’ve broken out into a much bigger win, shame the narrative from so many is that Hobart skated by when they led for about 56-57 min of the game and don’t exactly get home cooking on faceoff violation calls. Terry Foy was even equating Lehighs output with Canisius ignoring it was 21-8 late in Q4 and let the least experienced kids on the roster get some run against mostly 1st line players. Basically same as Michigan today.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

oldbartman wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:14 pm
FMUBart wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:30 pm Remember when the first games started after February break(Winter trimester end) and a training week in FLA and scrimmage week in Balt? That was usually second week in March and that SEEMED early....
Don't forget to shovel the parking lot.
Yes!! And the accompanying shin splints that would follow...still better than full sweats in the Bristol!
Bart

Post by Bart »

FMUBart wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:27 pm
oldbartman wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:14 pm
FMUBart wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:30 pm Remember when the first games started after February break(Winter trimester end) and a training week in FLA and scrimmage week in Balt? That was usually second week in March and that SEEMED early....
Don't forget to shovel the parking lot.
Yes!! And the accompanying shin splints that would follow...still better than full sweats in the Bristol!
Ha.
SMAIN

Post by SMAIN »

Try sweats in Williams Hall..... back in my day.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

SMAIN wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:11 am Try sweats in Williams Hall..... back in my day.
Not fun, I assume!! Today is giving day, I know a lot of us have been generous re: Topichak lockerroom, DJU stadium, etc..but we need to help fund the lacrosse scholarships that have finally been approved!
Bart

Post by Bart »

SMAIN wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:11 am Try sweats in Williams Hall..... back in my day.
were they made of wool? :lol: :lol:
kmartin

Post by kmartin »

Yes it is Athletics Day of Donors, here is the link.

https://www.givecampus.com/schools/Hoba ... t-lacrosse

Hope everyone is well and the need is certainly there with athletic grants in aid coming. Plus, Coach Raymond mentioned the roster this year is up to 58 guys. They want to take everyone to every game and that can be an expense, but it is the right team culture and athletic experience. Lots of schools do not do that. They are also trying to improve the training table and getting the players the right nutrition and advice. We have a nice group this year they deserve the support. Plus, the Cairds have put up some extra $$ to the top 3 teams that raise the most today (and through noon tomorrow).

Any more news on the Colgate game? The weather looks like it will produce 8-10 inches of snow but stop snowing in the afternoon.
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

kmartin wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:20 pm Yes it is Athletics Day of Donors, here is the link.

Hope everyone is well and the need is certainly there with athletic grants in aid coming. Plus, Coach Raymond mentioned the roster this year is up to 58 guys. They want to take everyone to every game and that can be an expense, but it is the right team culture and athletic experience. Lots of schools do not do that. They are also trying to improve the training table and getting the players the right nutrition and advice. We have a nice group this year they deserve the support. Plus, the Cairds have put up some extra $$ to the top 3 teams that raise the most today (and through noon tomorrow).

Any more news on the Colgate game? The weather looks like it will produce 8-10 inches of snow but stop snowing in the afternoon.
I talked to a lax official last night who assured me that the game will be played at Colgate as planned on Friday afternoon. He seemed pretty sure of himself. Not snowing at game time, it's a go. However, I've cancelled my trip over there and will watch (Is the game on the Patriot League Network?) or listen to Ted from the cozy confines of my couch.
Last edited by Ketch on Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Heartwarming to see the Brown Bears have many players with the "LFG10" tape on their facemasks in memory of Sean Fox. Sean's son, Connor, played for Brown and graduated last year.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Ketch wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:40 pm
kmartin wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:20 pm Yes it is Athletics Day of Donors, here is the link.

I talked to a lax official last night (he's officiated quite a few of our games) who assured me that the game will be played at Colgate as planned on Friday afternoon. He seemed pretty sure of himself. Not snowing at game time, it's a go. However, I've cancelled my trip over there and will watch (Is the game on the Patriot League Network?) or listen to Ted from the cozy confines of my couch.
It looks like the game will be on ESPN+, so, you have to pay for the privilege.
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

oldbartman wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:10 pm

I talked to a lax official last night (he's officiated quite a few of our games) who assured me that the game will be played at Colgate as planned on Friday afternoon. He seemed pretty sure of himself. Not snowing at game time, it's a go. However, I've cancelled my trip over there and will watch (Is the game on the Patriot League Network?) or listen to Ted from the cozy confines of my couch.
It looks like the game will be on ESPN+, so, you have to pay for the privilege.
Already got it!
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

It's good to see these two Upstate teams so strong this season. It should be an excellent match-up. I'd give the Statesmen a slight edge. Good luck.
twistercity

Post by twistercity »

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... cess/58997

Good read. big test tomorrow to see how they follow up a big win on the road in the snow vs a lesser oponent, a tough win would show a lot about this group.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

This is still a toss up game despite us doing pretty well the prior few years vs Gate. I’m really concerned we’re still getting to full health with some guys I playing at 100% and the bubble ironically being a drawback for having to play in these conditions if they aren’t prepared and feeling too good about last Sat.

Hoping to hear good news relating to the health of kids: Madonna, Romm (worries about him), Baltzer, Barthelme, Ballo, etc.

Looking for continued improvement from Close D, think Horton has played well but there’s still upside in his play. Like Trujillo as well who’s getting more run this year.
kmartin

Post by kmartin »

I talked to a lax official last night who assured me that the game will be played at Colgate as planned on Friday afternoon. He seemed pretty sure of himself. Not snowing at game time, it's a go. However, I've cancelled my trip over there and will watch (Is the game on the Patriot League Network?) or listen to Ted from the cozy confines of my couch.

Alright I will carry the flag down there in Hamilton. I think if there is snow they will have time to clear it off the field and it should be relatively decent by game time. High 20s, wind will die down when sun goes in.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Tomorrow is a potential trap game for Bart. Gate has some big bodies that won't be knocked off their line easily. Additionally, they have a very good FOGO who held his own against a respected UNC grp. Hope our midfield shooting is much improved after last Saturday With the undoubtedly slick surface, GBs will be paramount. Time to tighten up these loose ends............
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

I wouldn't expect to see Romm again this year. Barthelme might be out for the year too.
I think Horton looks good on D, but I've been very impressed with Duby. I'd also like to see Ward get mixed in on attack more often. He ( and Rosa) are great on EMO. But I especially like the inside look he gives. And on midfield I am looking for Bach to have a breakout game one of these days. He reminds me of Justin Scott.
Rumor is Hate passed up the opportunity to play the game there today. They must want the crappy conditions. Makes me think they'll try to set a slow grinding pace.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Think Gate wants to make us "pay" for the shellacking they got last time.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Last couple of times. 19 wasn’t as close as the final 12-6 score either.

Pretty clear today is going to be a rock fight. There was a 6-5 game a few years back I believe, probably closer to that then a track meet but I do like our depth.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”