January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:08 pm
6ftstick wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:57 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:01 am
old salt wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:43 pm Go get him Inspector Javert. 5 years of public flogging was insufficient punishment.
Absolutely insufficient for the crimes he committed.
He's impervious to shame and has instead profited personally from his crimes.

I don't think this specific legal case is what will be the mechanism, but it's indeed interesting that he's not immune to civil penalties.
You're as transparent as your ineptocrats in the inteligence community. Like you they swore to anyone holding a microphone that there was sufficient proof Trump was quilty of everything he was accused of. Then they'd go into closed sessions and swear under oathe that they'd seen NO EVIDENCE of same. You got nothin. 6 years out you got nothin. I'm ashamed of myself for coming back here to look around. Nothings changed.

Trump didn' halt domestic energy production and allow the price of oil—the only prosduct Putin has to sell to go from $20 a barrell to close to $100. Infusing cas into a dying economy.Look where we are now. BIDEN BIDEN BIDEN the tree stump you clowns wanted elected.

What MD will fail to understand is, when the average Joe goes to fill up his tank of gasoline for $100 under Biden versus $40 under Trump, average Joe understands this math.

It doesn’t matter how much you try to spin our way out of it, wallets and pocketbooks do not lie to the guy paying.

And he and she will vote accordingly.
I understand very well, but prices are actually quite comparable to where they were in 2018. They only got crushed lower with COVID.

But keep lying about it, it's a political strategy that actually resonates.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:03 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:43 pm Go get him Inspector Javert. 5 years of public flogging was insufficient punishment.

I don't think this specific legal case is what will be the mechanism, but it's indeed interesting that he's not immune to civil penalties.
You're as transparent as your ineptocrats in the inteligence community. Like you they swore to anyone holding a microphone that there was sufficient proof Trump was quilty of everything he was accused of. Then they'd go into closed sessions and swear under oathe that they'd seen NO EVIDENCE of same. You got nothin. 6 years out you got nothin. I'm ashamed of myself for coming back here to look around. Nothings changed.

Trump didn' halt domestic energy production and allow the price of oil—the only prosduct Putin has to sell to go from $20 a barrell to close to $100. Infusing cas into a dying economy.Look where we are now. BIDEN BIDEN BIDEN the tree stump you clowns wanted elected.
huh, you actually believe this baloney 6ft?
I mean, really?

You're not just trolling this mind numbing, all angry, stuff?
ALL FKN FACT? You to old to remember

May 12, 2020 — Newly released documents show Adam Schiff knew all along that there was no proof of Russia-Trump collusion.

Former director of national intelligence James Clapper in 2018 said that he hadn’t seen evidence that the Trump presidential campaign colluded with Russia. “I never saw any direct empirical evidence that the Trump campaign or someone in it was plotting [or] conspiring with the Russians to meddle with the election,” Clapper said.

May 11 2020 — When asked under oath by House investigators if he had any evidence of coordination between the Trump campaign and Russia, Former deputy national security adviser Ben Rhodes said he did not.

Former National Security Adviser Susan Rice told House investigators that she hadn’t seen evidence proving then-candidate Trump coordinated or colluded with Russia to take the 2016 election.

“I don’t recall intelligence that I would consider evidence to that effect that I saw prior…to my departure,” she said when being questioned by former Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC).

And it goes on
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

you're out to lunch 6ft, so I'm going to listen to Biden right now.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:14 pm

What MD will fail to understand is, when the average Joe goes to fill up his tank of gasoline for $100 under Biden versus $40 under Trump, average Joe understands this math.

It doesn’t matter how much you try to spin our way out of it, wallets and pocketbooks do not lie to the guy paying.

I understand very well, but prices are actually quite comparable to where they were in 2018. They only got crushed lower with COVID.

Typical FN liberal. The price was confiscatory once. Lets pay that price again.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:24 pm you're out to lunch 6ft, so I'm going to listen to Biden right now.
White flag noted.

Biden talked more about Ukranes border than hes said about the invasion of our southern border since the crisis began.
Last edited by 6ftstick on Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:17 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:03 pm

huh, you actually believe this baloney 6ft?
I mean, really?

You're not just trolling this mind numbing, all angry, stuff?
ALL FKN FACT? You to old to remember

May 12, 2020 — Newly released documents show Adam Schiff knew all along that there was no proof of Russia-Trump collusion.

Former director of national intelligence James Clapper in 2018 said that he hadn’t seen evidence that the Trump presidential campaign colluded with Russia. “I never saw any direct empirical evidence that the Trump campaign or someone in it was plotting [or] conspiring with the Russians to meddle with the election,” Clapper said.

May 11 2020 — When asked under oath by House investigators if he had any evidence of coordination between the Trump campaign and Russia, Former deputy national security adviser Ben Rhodes said he did not.

Former National Security Adviser Susan Rice told House investigators that she hadn’t seen evidence proving then-candidate Trump coordinated or colluded with Russia to take the 2016 election.

“I don’t recall intelligence that I would consider evidence to that effect that I saw prior…to my departure,” she said when being questioned by former Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC).

And it goes on

The bolded phrase are not dispositive. These people choose their words carefully. Good habit.

Where are the docs that show what Adam Schiff knew and when he knew it? None of the above quotes fit the bill...
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:25 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:24 pm you're out to lunch 6ft, so I'm going to listen to Biden right now.
White flag noted.

Biden talked more about Ukranes border than hes said about the invasion of our southern border since the crisis began.
stick to your right wing feed, 6ft...it's so rational.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Fn this fn that. Comes out blazing. Declaring white flags thrown. Slow down you’ll be out of breath quickly son.

Pizza you are going to enjoy this character.

Seems like the maniacs are suddenly coming out of their holes. I got called a liberal by a closet moron on a lax board because I was a tutor, in student govt and played sports at Hobart, by a mouth breather sad alum from a long time ago who’s miserable in the finger lakes recently. As if he somehow drew a straight line from being active and contributing to my community with being a whole liberal. What a bunch of gutless cowards.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:24 pm

Typical FN liberal. The price was confiscatory once. Lets pay that price again.
So, the prices under Trump were "confiscatory"?

Yeah, they were certainly painful. Or at least felt that way.
I agree they were really high, though about 30% below prices in Europe, so I think it's more about perspective.

But right now, we're in a lag with new oil exploration and lots of wells were capped when Covid crushed demand and prices went below cost of production and distribution and storage. That's already rebounding hugely, but demand has been super high as well...despite those higher prices.

I was pleased that Biden spoke to this issue in the context of what is happening re Ukraine. Expect a lot of the world's other suppliers to step up production and release of reserves, and heavy commitments to alternatives.

I wouldn't be surprised if both we and the Europeans reduced, temporarily, the various taxes at the pump...that'll cost treasuries, but take some of the pressure off the consumer.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

.. it will be interesting to see how OPEC deals with this. Saudi's saying they aren't going to open the spigot. I am skeptical. There is a glut in near term available and money to be made. Don't think Mr. Putin is in as good of shape as he thinks he is.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Gas prices over the last 18 months courtesy of Gas Buddy.

C06077C9-10AD-412E-A4DE-141840EB1473.jpeg
C06077C9-10AD-412E-A4DE-141840EB1473.jpeg (72.73 KiB) Viewed 1075 times

Ooooof-hahhhhh. Not pretty for anyone seeking to hitch their wagon to Joe.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:43 pm Fn this fn that. Comes out blazing. Declaring white flags thrown. Slow down you’ll be out of breath quickly son.

Seems like the maniacs are suddenly coming out of their holes. I got called a liberal by a closet moron on a lax board because I was a tutor, in student govt and played sports at Hobart, by a mouth breather sad alum from a long time ago who’s miserable in the finger lakes recently. As if he somehow drew a straight line from being active and contributing to my community with being a whole liberal. What a bunch of gutless cowards.
Don’t tell him .06% isn’t 6 percent.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:56 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:43 pm Fn this fn that. Comes out blazing. Declaring white flags thrown. Slow down you’ll be out of breath quickly son.

Don’t tell him .06% isn’t 6 percent.
Why you gotta be all technical and all that? Fn liberal!
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:54 pm

Gas prices over the last 18 months courtesy of Gas Buddy.

C06077C9-10AD-412E-A4DE-141840EB1473.jpeg

Ooooof-hahhhhh. Not pretty for anyone seeking to hitch their wagon to Joe.
Try last 5 years, get back to us on that.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 3.05.31 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 3.05.31 PM.png (190.84 KiB) Viewed 1067 times
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:06 pm Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 3.05.31 PM.png

In other words, to the man on the street, since Joe came into office, gas is up almost 100%. Got it!

I’m not sure your defense of his energy policies is gonna play well in flyover America.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:12 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:06 pm Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 3.05.31 PM.png

In other words, to the man on the street, since Joe came into office, gas is up almost 100%. Got it!

I’m not sure your defense of his energy policies is gonna play well in flyover America.
Exactly when did Biden take office, Petey?

Is that your analysis ?
You do know how to read a graph, right? Even a gator frat boy must have learned that at some point, right?

or mebbe not.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:12 pm In other words, to the man on the street, since Joe came into office, gas is up almost 100%. Got it!

Yes.

Republican voters who think that the President is in charge of gas prices are morons. We already knew that. Anything else while you're here?

Groundbreaking stuff you're sharing here.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:18 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:12 pm In other words, to the man on the street, since Joe came into office, gas is up almost 100%. Got it!

Yes.

Republican voters who think that the President is in charge of gas prices are morons. We already knew that. Anything else while you're here?

I’m just glad Joe shut off the Keystone Pipeline. No one could use that right about now.

I can’t take all the winning! :lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:20 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:18 pm

Yes.

I’m just glad Joe shut off the Keystone Pipeline. No one could use that right about now.
So you're telling me you're a moron? Really?

That's the Keystone XL you're thinking of....and the thing about pipelines, is that you need to build them before they use one.

(pssst, it's not built, Pete)

Return to “POLITICS”