ODAC 2022

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Maconlaxdad3

Re: ODAC 2022

Post by Maconlaxdad3 »

Great day for RMC was an awesome day as a jacket. This will probably be the best moment of our season hands down. Still worried for April 27th!
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Nice bounce back performance from Roanoke today with a 14-12 win over Catholic.

W&L was obviously better than last week, at least defensively. Mostly because their GK had 20 saves. Their offense was every bit as putrid as the previous game, only managed 23 shots to go with 18 turnovers and just a 20-28 performance on clears. York had more shots in each half than W&L managed for the entire game.

Lynchburg rolled over Greensboro to no one's surprise. Curious as to why Lynchburg even scheduled that game, that's not the type of competition we've been accustomed to seeing Lynchburg schedule non-conference for quite a while. Always nice to be able to get some guys in for some longer run that aren't typically going to play in competitive games though!
Leehorseman

Post by Leehorseman »

Great win for HSC they seem like a top 10 team in the country. Huge plus from the first and second string defense all game. The goalie had 2 goals that is scary to think he can score on a 10 man ride.
I can see W&L losing by over 10 to HSC
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

thescottharris wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:01 pm ….Their offense was every bit as putrid as the previous game, only managed 23 shots to go with 18 turnovers and just a 20-28 performance on clears. York had more shots in each half than W&L managed for the entire game…
From watching the game, as the shots go, they controlled the ball well and held for higher probability shots IMO. Just what I saw.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
JackieMoon

Post by JackieMoon »

RMC and Roanoke proved me wrong today. Great showing by both programs against solid opponents. W&L almost pulled off an upset but still bounced back from last week. Their goalie is damn good! HSC controlled their matchup and played deep into the bench. Also their goalkeeper had 2 goals on the day. LYN gifted Greensboro with a free clinic - Those community service hours must beef up their resumes because their academics certainly are not.

Overall it was a good day for the ODAC. Anything can happen and nobody can underestimate their opponent. I think that’s what CNU and York did today.. I’m excited to see HSC and LYN face off at the end of the year.

Also maybe the ODAC has two of the best goalies in the country? Can we agree on that?
Goldenboy

Post by Goldenboy »

Good day for the ODAC.

Roanoke bounced back against a strong catholic team, W&L showed great improvement and only lost due to a few mental mistakes at the end of the game, RMC gave CNU a run for their money and looked very good, and HSC looked good against SVU destroying that stupid 10 man ride they run. Lynchburg did their thing, still the top dog in the ODAC by far.

Personally don’t think that HSC looks like a top 10 team in the country however after beating a below average SVU team. I do think they are going to shock a lot of people this year and are my dark horses in the ODAC this year.
Whiskeydog

Post by Whiskeydog »

“LYN gifted Greensboro with a free clinic - Those community service hours must beef up their resumes because their academics certainly are not.” For a boy who fancies himself an intellectual, you write like an ignorant tool. I will put Lynchburg academics up against whatever college gave you a degree Golden Boy.
Whiskeydog

Post by Whiskeydog »

Sorry Goldenboy….meant to reply to Jackiemoon.
Goldenboy

Post by Goldenboy »

Lol all good! Big fan of Lynchburg!
W&LLover

Post by W&LLover »

What goalie has scored 2 goals in a game before?! Gotta be one of the first times that has ever happened. Couldn’t see a lot of teams 10 man riding hsc this year after seeing how accurate Will Perry is. Heard he could’ve had 3 but one of his shots hit the pipe. What a game for the man between the pipes for hsc.
Bert Macklin

Post by Bert Macklin »

Is RMC more legit then people gave them credit for going into this year? CNU is a top dog in D3 and they played them to a two goal game begs the question did RMC catch CNU on a bad day or are they much better this year vs seasons past. It's hard to tell this early in the season. While W&L lost to York I think its a step in the right direction- seemed to play alot better this weekend. Still they could have a rough few games ahead- Denison, WAC, and HSC- they have a lot to prove. NOKE also rebounded- not sure I'm ready to get on the train that they may be bouncing back after a couple of down years. Catholic is good but, their no LYN or HSC IMO- which seems to be the teams that are truly in the fight for ODAC champion. The first few games are always a hard gauge of whose actually good vs bad as season openings tend to be sloppy. Excited to see how this all plays out.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Bert Macklin wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:29 pm Is RMC more legit then people gave them credit for going into this year? CNU is a top dog in D3 and they played them to a two goal game begs the question did RMC catch CNU on a bad day or are they much better this year vs seasons past. It's hard to tell this early in the season. While W&L lost to York I think its a step in the right direction- seemed to play alot better this weekend. Still they could have a rough few games ahead- Denison, WAC, and HSC- they have a lot to prove. NOKE also rebounded- not sure I'm ready to get on the train that they may be bouncing back after a couple of down years. Catholic is good but, their no LYN or HSC IMO- which seems to be the teams that are truly in the fight for ODAC champion. The first few games are always a hard gauge of whose actually good vs bad as season openings tend to be sloppy. Excited to see how this all plays out.
With all due respect what on earth has Hamden Sydney accomplished? It took them 4qtrs to put away a team that W&L beat by almost 25 in the fall. And their goalie had to score twice on an open goal. Catholic has been on the road for 3 straight weekends and my guess is the travel plus letting their heads get a little big got to them. W&L clearly came out with their pants down in their opener, but my hunch is they beat that Catholic team more often than not. I think you have Lynchburg at the top. HSC, W&L, Noke in cluster behind them. RMC is third tier but can win. Then there's everyone else.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Bert Macklin wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:29 pm Is RMC more legit then people gave them credit for going into this year? CNU is a top dog in D3 and they played them to a two goal game begs the question did RMC catch CNU on a bad day or are they much better this year vs seasons past. It's hard to tell this early in the season. While W&L lost to York I think its a step in the right direction- seemed to play alot better this weekend. Still they could have a rough few games ahead- Denison, WAC, and HSC- they have a lot to prove. NOKE also rebounded- not sure I'm ready to get on the train that they may be bouncing back after a couple of down years. Catholic is good but, their no LYN or HSC IMO- which seems to be the teams that are truly in the fight for ODAC champion. The first few games are always a hard gauge of whose actually good vs bad as season openings tend to be sloppy. Excited to see how this all plays out.
With all due respect what on earth has Hamden Sydney accomplished? It took them 4qtrs to put away a team that W&L beat by almost 25 in the fall. And their goalie had to score twice on an open goal. Catholic has been on the road for 3 straight weekends and my guess is the travel plus letting their heads get a little big got to them. W&L clearly came out with their pants down in their opener, but my hunch is they beat that Catholic team more often than not. I think you have Lynchburg at the top. HSC, W&L, Noke in cluster behind them. RMC is third tier but can win. Then there's everyone else.
Bert Macklin

Post by Bert Macklin »

Some big games for the big four this weekend.

W&L vs WAC- I think WAC is gonna be a solid team this year- new coach who is great. With that being said feels like its a must win for W&L. Played a lot better vs York but, still lost. Seems like this could be an early indicator for the trend going into their first ODAC game. W&L is defiantly down this year but, just how much- think this game will be a big tell for this.

Roanoke vs Dickinson- Obviously Dickinson is good this year, great transfer goalie and big win vs Stevens this past weekend. Noke is also young but, is coming off a good win over Catholic who is a solid squad this year. Feel like this game also could be a good earlier season indicator for how this team will fair excited to tune in.

CNU vs HSC- IMO might be the game of the week in D3. CNU coming of a sloppy win vs RMC and HSC coming of slow start win over SVU. For ODAC view this game is key too getting two teams into the tournament, if HSC wins this they bump up the rankings a lot and it is a great resume boost to get a team that might be on the bubble of getting into the tournament- W&l has some games like this two. A close game or win fo the tigers also would show us just how legit this team is this season also. Will be tuning in for this game as well.

LYN vs Cabrini- Not to put any teams down but, this is LYN first real game of the year. I think they beat Cabrini but, how cleanly is the question. They are gonna be tested at the x as they graduated an All- American last year and also will show which guys are stepping up to fill the roles of Dean and Gallagher.

any games I missed or other insights? I'm excited for this weekend.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Spot on summary

LYN FOGO has been a Soph Kraus. Strong prototype kid at 5’8” 210 lbs. Kuni seemed to me like he would be the guy but Kraus is at 82% and did well vs. UVA and Catholic. Must have learned a ton from going against Ricci all last year in Practice and did the work off season! He will be above average.
Dean not as hard to replace.. very deep at midfield. So far Rogers has not shot great but he will be the go to when needing a goal
The real test will be the close D. LSM and SSDMs are fine but Gallagher was such a good cover guy against the #1 that poles slide didn’t have to come fast if at all.. This group is good but not yet really tested..

Weather may not be pretty this weekend…
FerrumLaxDad

Post by FerrumLaxDad »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:31 pm Spot on summary

LYN FOGO has been a Soph Kraus. Strong prototype kid at 5’8” 210 lbs. Kuni seemed to me like he would be the guy but Kraus is at 82% and did well vs. UVA and Catholic. Must have learned a ton from going against Ricci all last year in Practice and did the work off season! He will be above average.
Dean not as hard to replace.. very deep at midfield. So far Rogers has not shot great but he will be the go to when needing a goal
The real test will be the close D. LSM and SSDMs are fine but Gallagher was such a good cover guy against the #1 that poles slide didn’t have to come fast if at all.. This group is good but not yet really tested..

While I agree with this take your only mistake is saying Dean is not hard to replace. Leading goal scorers in the conference last year. Not sure if Lynchburg has one midfielder with that type of production. Think Kenney at attack will he able to make up for some of that missing goal scoring at the midfield though.
2laxers

Post by 2laxers »

FerrumLaxDad wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:35 pm
Nothinbutthelax wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:31 pm Spot on summary

While I agree with this take your only mistake is saying Dean is not hard to replace. Leading goal scorers in the conference last year. Not sure if Lynchburg has one midfielder with that type of production. Think Kenney at attack will he able to make up for some of that missing goal scoring at the midfield though.
Not saying it’s easy to replace Dean, but you don’t need 1 person to replace him if you can get several people to score more goals. Money Ball theory.
ODAClaxfan20

Post by ODAClaxfan20 »

I believe we could see RMC suprise a lot of teams this year. I think they will 3rd or 4th depending on their matchup vs HSC.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Bert Macklin wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:04 pm Some big games for the big four this weekend.

W&L vs WAC- I think WAC is gonna be a solid team this year- new coach who is great. With that being said feels like its a must win for W&L. Played a lot better vs York but, still lost. Seems like this could be an early indicator for the trend going into their first ODAC game. W&L is defiantly down this year but, just how much- think this game will be a big tell for this.

Roanoke vs Dickinson- Obviously Dickinson is good this year, great transfer goalie and big win vs Stevens this past weekend. Noke is also young but, is coming off a good win over Catholic who is a solid squad this year. Feel like this game also could be a good earlier season indicator for how this team will fair excited to tune in.

CNU vs HSC- IMO might be the game of the week in D3. CNU coming of a sloppy win vs RMC and HSC coming of slow start win over SVU. For ODAC view this game is key too getting two teams into the tournament, if HSC wins this they bump up the rankings a lot and it is a great resume boost to get a team that might be on the bubble of getting into the tournament- W&l has some games like this two. A close game or win fo the tigers also would show us just how legit this team is this season also. Will be tuning in for this game as well.

LYN vs Cabrini- Not to put any teams down but, this is LYN first real game of the year. I think they beat Cabrini but, how cleanly is the question. They are gonna be tested at the x as they graduated an All- American last year and also will show which guys are stepping up to fill the roles of Dean and Gallagher.

W&L, Dickinson, Lynchburg all win, CNU wins big
droliver

Post by droliver »

Bert Macklin wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:04 pm Some big games for the big four this weekend.

Can Virginia Wesleyan uphold the ODAC in an out of conference matchup with Birmingham Southern though? :D

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”