Roanoke 2019

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Jakes

Roanoke 2019

Post by Jakes »

Seems like a similar record to last year may be in store. Lost some big names to graduation in Curry, Stucker, Russell, as well as 40 goal score Schwarz not returning to school. Former D1 player Lindley returns this year after not playing last year. Star goalie Davies also backvfor his senior turn. Lotta freshman, and not sure what the expectations are for them? Looking forward to the season
Jakes

Re: Roanoke 2019

Post by Jakes »

Roanoke handles Sewanee pretty easily, as I’m pretty sure they should. Pretty wet game that started out slow. Lindsey, Sarro and Naylor betting a bunch. FOGO Heckler is back after missing last year with injury. Noke only won 41% of their faceoffs last year, so he should help. Davies good in goal as usual. Tougher matchups are ahead
Jakes

Post by Jakes »

Noke getting smoked 10-1 by CNU at half. CnU goalie stopping everything he sees. Maroons look frustrated.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Jakes wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:00 pm Noke getting smoked 10-1 by CNU at half. CnU goalie stopping everything he sees. Maroons look frustrated.
Lots of unforced errors by Noke, CNU goalie is having success making some solid saves whereas Noke goalie is struggling tonight . Noke is lucky CNU can’t win a Face-Off. 12-1 middle 3rd qtr
Wall Ball1

Post by Wall Ball1 »

RC is a turnover machine. 14-1 at the end of 3. NO Defense. CNU is letting RC win the face offs and they still can’t control time of possession. CNU streaming announcers are pretty good.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Sarro did not play in this contest, injury? Davies had a rough night capped off by an injury forcing him out in the 4th due to an attempted dive ( keep it in the mll). CNU is neither that good or Roanoke as bad as the score would indicate. Roanoke couldn’t complete a pass in this contest and the CNU goalie had the best night of his career in the cage, great game by him. Not sure where these teams that are well coached wind up at year end. I do believe CNU’s ceiling is higher with so many younger players all over the field including their freshman attackman. This group will be even better over the next two years. Roanoke needs to regroup and I’m sure they will. Hope Davies returns
TommyH

Post by TommyH »

Any way to watch the Stevens game in Sparks today. Neither team has a link to stream/stats.
Woodchuck

Post by Woodchuck »

It looks like it’s on YouTube... I googled Roanoke vs Stevens lacrosse web stream. Hope that helps
TommyH

Post by TommyH »

Thanks for the update. Would be a good chance for them to get back on the right track with a win over a top ten team but I don't see that happening today.
Jakes

Post by Jakes »

Looks like they’re faring a little better with Sarro back.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Playing a 5-1 VA Wesleyan today at 2:00pm. Could be a telling game.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Sarro and Lindley play the whole game? Lindley taking 20 shots scoring 10, give me a break. What are you doing Pilate :roll:
Lindley's 14 points (10g, 4a) tied the league record set by Roanoke's own Andy Bonasera back in 2001 against Pfeiffer. His 10 goals ties the mark previously set by Jon Mason who scored 10 times against Ursinus in 2005.
Sarro's nine assists breaks the record of six set by three different Maroons, the most recent being Pat March who had six helpers against Virginia Wesleyan in 2008. His 11 points on the day also ties for the third most in school history.

Just to break a record , poor form
Last edited by Dehuntshigwa’es on Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Yea. Muscle got flexed for sure.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
BruceS.

Post by BruceS. »

Mr. Morality Police,
Can you post your cell # so next game Pilat (no e) can give you a ring to check with you to see if he's doing the moral thing?
Would it be OK with you if Lindley scores a man-up goal with 6:55 to play in an 18-4 win?
Or maybe for Sarro to get an assist with 3:54 to go in a 14-5 win?
He needs to know what is OK with you so he doesn't cross a line again.

On second thought, I guess Pilat (no e) doesn't need to have your cell phone. You all must already talk since you know for fact he was only trying to break records today.
Whodem52

Post by Whodem52 »

Does this surprise anyone? Roanoke gets smoked by solid teams early in the year and instead of growing the team and letting everyone get their time Pilat keeps the staters in to run up the score against a bad opponent. Doesn’t shock me at all. There is a reason Noke hasn’t won the ODAC since 13.....
Fanlax999

Post by Fanlax999 »

I knew a coach that always did that, run up scores against inferior teams. The guy was a real dbag. scores of 24-1, 20-1, etc., against clearly outclassed and out-manned teams. But there he was scoring at will. And then gloating about it. And even after the opposing coach told him that was in bad taste and unsportsmanlike, he told the coach to screw himself.

I think he ran up scores to try to pump the team, but more so, himself up. The guy was a lousy coach who lost to mediocre teams and got blown out by good teams. To make up for this, he blew up lesser teams. I guess this helped pad stats for players and the team so at the end of the year, he could brag about the stats, when really, his team sucked overall. the players didn't really suck, it was the coaching, or lack thereof.
Last edited by Fanlax999 on Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

I can appreciate coach P working on his offense but hanging more than 20 is in poor taste.

OK - 13-7 at half is sort of tight but 18-11 after 3 perhaps subbing to get guys experience. Only helps team chemistry, spirit and competition in scout team..

NOKE Defense letting in a lot of goals. Will be interesting to see them against W&L and LYN..
BruceS.

Post by BruceS. »

Dear Coach Pilat,
The internet has spoken. You no longer know how to coach lacrosse since you haven't won the ODAC championship for a few years. And also a guy knows a guy, who knew a coach who coached some games, and did something else, so you and he are the same person and so just retire. And because you scored more than 20 goals in a game (I've always wondered what the threshold was for "You're a bad person because your team scored too many goals in a game" - well now a Lynchburg fan has given me the answer - IT'S 20. Who knew?!?). But if you would have beaten VWC 28-8 last year, that would have been OK.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Can’t prevent the bench getting theirs too and in today’s game with shot clock maybe 20 is low. It is a benchmark High School so perhaps NOKE isn’t the ass in class..🤔
ergit

Post by ergit »

Scoring 27 might normally be considered excessive but the other team did score 13.
Salisbury over Montclair State 23-1 sounds a whole lot worse. I understand the difficulty the winning team faces, especially when the losing team loses motivation and often ‘gives up’.
From the box score, it looks like the starters were pulled with nine or ten minutes to go in the fourth.
Then again, having one player score ten times on twenty shots and the team giving up 13 goals is eyebrow raising, to say the least ...

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”