Bart

Re: FanLax Forum Poll

Post by Bart »

Dr. Tact wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:21 pm 1 BC
2 NC
3 Cuse
4 SBU
5 Everyone else
Yep. +1. And the difference between 2 and 3 is not insignificant.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Dr. Tact wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:21 pm 1 BC
2 NC
3 Cuse
4 SBU
5 Everyone else
C’mon man!!!
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

FANLAX FORUM POLL - Feb. 21, 2022
1 Boston College
2 North Carolina
3 Syracuse
4 Maryland
5 Stony Brook
6 Northwestern
7 Loyola Maryland
8 Princeton
9 Denver
10 Florida
11 Duke
12 Michigan
13 Penn
14 Rutgers
15 Virginia
16 Vanderbilt
17 Drexel
18 Southern California
19 Stanford
20 Virginia Tech
21 James Madison
22 Temple
23 Johns Hopkins
24 Notre Dame
25 Jacksonville

This is the Forum Poll as well as the individual polls of the Forum Poll-ers: https://fanlax.com/wp-content/uploads/2 ... 022221.jpg.

https://fanlax.com/2022/02/21/d1-women- ... -02-21-22/
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
FanLax Computer

Post by FanLax Computer »

I just... I just can't. Let me just say this, you got #1-#3 correct. Zip-a-dee-doo-da. After that, I just cannot. Stony Brook is 0-1 and you have them as the #5 team in the nation. Losing to a good team, even by 1 goal, does not make you good. Loyola and Princeton?! Really?! C'mon, people. Two more things: Temple and OSU not only exist and, thus far this season, they've earned some kudos. More than you're giving them. And, that's it... I just can't...

“I do not fear computers. I fear lack of them.” -Isaac Asimov
Bart

Post by Bart »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:19 am
8. Maryland -- beat St. Joe's and UVA, both away from the comfy weirdness of their field hockey field. I cannot figure a way to rank them lower until I see some other teams impress more. Terps have a goaltending issue that needs to be resolved. I'd start the freshman and let the chips fall. And they are an injury to Cordingly away from mediocrity.
I find the bolded part interesting. You could say that about any team loosing their best offensive threat....none greater than the current occupants of the #1 spot.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Bart wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:50 pm
8. Maryland -- beat St. Joe's and UVA, both away from the comfy weirdness of their field hockey field. I cannot figure a way to rank them lower until I see some other teams impress more. Terps have a goaltending issue that needs to be resolved. I'd start the freshman and let the chips fall. And they are an injury to Cordingly away from mediocrity.
I find the bolded part interesting. You could say that about any team loosing their best offensive threat....none greater than the current occupants of the #1 spot.
True. No question.
Cagekeeper

Post by Cagekeeper »

Cuse was the exception to this! Last year. Lost 1&2 and went to the final game
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

Cagekeeper wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:50 pm
I think saying Carney (before her injury) was better than Tyrrell last year is such a misconception.
Cagekeeper

Post by Cagekeeper »

laxer12 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:00 pm
I think saying Carney (before her injury) was better than Tyrrell last year is such a misconception.
I didn’t. I have repeatedly said Tyrrell gets the shaft while Carney gets the glory. But in the eyes of the misinformed. 51&22 were one and two.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Agreed, point taken. Those losses were tremendous but not in the same vein of total production from a single player that the current #1 depends on. Not only in scoring but in control of the draw.
Cagekeeper

Post by Cagekeeper »

Bart wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:34 pm
Agreed, point taken. Those losses were tremendous but not in the same vein of total production from a single player that the current #1 depends on. Not only in scoring but in control of the draw.
im pretty sure Charlotte isn’t human 🤣
Bart

Post by Bart »

Cagekeeper wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:54 pm
Bart wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:34 pm
im pretty sure Charlotte isn’t human 🤣
she may not be
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

FanLax Computer wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:44 pm I just... I just can't. Let me just say this, you got #1-#3 correct. Zip-a-dee-doo-da. After that, I just cannot. Stony Brook is 0-1 and you have them as the #5 team in the nation. Losing to a good team, even by 1 goal, does not make you good. Loyola and Princeton?! Really?! C'mon, people. Two more things: Temple and OSU not only exist and, thus far this season, they've earned some kudos. More than you're giving them. And, that's it... I just can't...

Coming across as overwrought and emotional… I thought emotions didn’t figure into or emit from motherboards…
OuttaNowhereWregget

FanLax Computer wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:44 pm Let me just say this, you got #1-#3 correct.
Thank you. I thought BC, NC and Princeton was highly realistic and accurate. Sometimes a computer can see through all the confusion to reality 😉
FanLax Computer wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:44 pm Stony Brook is 0-1 and you have them as the #5 team in the nation.
Correct. If they can improve their passing accuracy and get a better sense when to be bold and when to be wise, they might be there on the final weekend in May.
FanLax Computer wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:44 pm Loyola and Princeton?! Really?!
Emphatically, yes. Loyola won fairly easily without playing or coaching to their ceiling. And Princeton? Anyone watching that game had to be very impressed in all phases.
FanLax Computer wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:44 pm Two more things: Temple and OSU not only exist and, thus far this season, they've earned some kudos. More than you're giving them.
I ranked Temple #21 in my poll yet I couldn't find a place for the Bucs. To be transparent, I didn't consider them, which is probably an oversight, but they haven't really defeated anyone of stature yet.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Forum Polls due on Monday at noon EST. If you're not already a poll-er, let me know if you want to be a poll-er.

Here's a link for the poll-ers: https://fanlax.com/2022/02/20/fanlax-fo ... 1-women-2/.
Caddy Day
OuttaNowhereWregget

1 BC
2 NC
3 Maryland
4 Princeton
5 Syracuse

6 Loyola
7 Stony Brook
8 Northwestern
9 Rutgers
10 Denver

11 Virginia
12 Michigan
13 Duke
14 James Madison
15 Florida

16 Temple
17 Johns Hopkins
18 USC
19 Drexel
20 Vanderbilt

21 Colorado
22 Richmond
23 Virginia Tech
24 Army
25 Stanford
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:49 am 1 BC
2 NC
3 Maryland
4 Princeton
5 Syracuse

6 Loyola
7 Stony Brook
8 Northwestern
9 Rutgers
10 Denver

11 Virginia
12 Michigan
13 Duke
14 James Madison
15 Florida

16 Temple
17 Johns Hopkins
18 USC
19 Drexel
20 Vanderbilt

21 Colorado
22 Richmond
23 Virginia Tech
24 Army
25 Stanford
Well thought out poll. Hard to argue with any of these rankings.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Justalaxdad wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:16 am Well thought out poll. Hard to argue with any of these rankings.
Thanks, dad. The dartboard method came in handy for the last 10 or so. 😉
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:29 am Forum Polls due on Monday at noon EST. If you're not already a poll-er, let me know if you want to be a poll-er.

Here's a link for the poll-ers: https://fanlax.com/2022/02/20/fanlax-fo ... 1-women-2/.
Polls are due today at noon EST.
Caddy Day
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

As always, all decisions are arbitrary and final, and in many, many instances, without any real evidence.

1. Boston College -- steady on; away wins over Virginia and Brown. Beatable, but still unbeaten.

2. North Carolina -- are they really No. 2? The Jacksonville team that visited yesterday was a good team, and UNC absolutely clobbered them.

3. Northwestern -- much as it pains me, and it does, I am putting NU here this week, in advance of the visit from Syracuse. I hate myself.

4. Syracuse -- yes, I think NU handled Notre Dame better than Syracuse did, so I gave NU the bump. I hate myself.

5. Loyola Maryland -- not much to report here; next up is a Penn team that struggled for offense against and lost to Hopkins. I fear I am in the "wishful thinking" category here, as the offense looked stodgy against Towson

6. Stony Brook -- crunched the visitors from Dartmouth, which was held scoreless the entire second half. I think Maryland may be better than SBU, but I will wait for a few more games.

7. Maryland -- well, that beat down -- 10 goals -- of Florida was not expected by me. Delaware, W&M, and Villanova are up before the Terps start conference play against Rutgers.

8. Princeton -- opened with wins against UVA and Temple. Kyla Sears sang the national anthem and then made the difference against a good Temple team.

9. Rutgers -- I don't know exactly why, but this seems like a good spot for now.

10. Michigan. But seriously, other than the win against Notre Dame, what has Michigan done? I guess the ASU win is decent, and the win over Towson was by a bigger margin than Loyola's win over Towson. Hard to see how good they are yet

11. Notre Dame -- I know, I can't believe it either.

12. Virginia -- crazy right? But they had a creditable showing against BC, and knocked Stanford around. .

13. Denver -- I really have no idea how good this team is; wins over Louisville, Stanford, Cal and The OSU don't tell us much. It'll be interesting to see BC visit them on March 9.

14. Duke -- squeaked out a win against Wofford, and now engages ECU in an anticipated nail-biter this afternoon.

15. Johns Hopkins.

16. Florida -- just a really bad day against Maryland? Dunno.

17. Temple -- gave Princeton a lot to handle, and beat a good St. Joe's team.

18. Drexel -- we'll find out more when they play Hopkins on March 6.

19. Vanderbilt -- Colorado, Denver and UMass coming up, will tell us a little 'sumpin about this team.

20. Richmond -- held out against a young Stanford team.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”