Miscellaneous questions, thoughts, impressions, etc.

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Dr. Tact

Re: Is it any wonder...?

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:08 am ...that the Twerps get trolled? Last night, the Maryland Terrapins Twitter account tweeted this obvious goad toward Virginia by substituting one of the Cavaliers nicknames (Hoos) for the word who. Then after the game the USA Lacrosse magazine Twitter account, which former Maryland great Taylor Cummings submits articles for, tweeted this premature announcement that the Twerps were back. Nope--no surprise to me. They bring it on themselves.

Class is something those Terps go to....If the result was the other way, would the Hoos publish something similar?
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Dr. Tact wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:11 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:08 am ...that the Twerps get trolled? Last night, the Maryland Terrapins Twitter account tweeted this obvious goad toward Virginia by substituting one of the Cavaliers nicknames (Hoos) for the word who. Then after the game the USA Lacrosse magazine Twitter account, which former Maryland great Taylor Cummings submits articles for, tweeted this premature announcement that the Twerps were back. Nope--no surprise to me. They bring it on themselves.

Class is something those Terps go to....If the result was the other way, would the Hoos publish something similar?
Exactly!
DMac

Re: Miscellaneous questions, thoughts, impressions, etc.

Post by DMac »

I see absolutely nothing wrong with it, thought it was/is kind of clever.
School spirit, supporting the team, what's the problem here? This kind
of thing is kind of commonplace, isn't it?
Maryland75

Post by Maryland75 »

Too many Maryland critics! This is just college fun. You obviously don’t follow college basketball where this is commonplace and typically much worse.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Dr. Tact wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:11 am Class is something those Terps go to....
No big Maryland supporter here, but this is a far worse comment than the play on words on twitter, isn't it?
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

DMac wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:04 am
Dr. Tact wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:11 am Class is something those Terps go to....
No big Maryland supporter here, but this is a far worse comment than the play on words on twitter, isn't it?
You are right...I apologize at my attempt at humor. Sorry Maryland, fans, parents and players.

I'll take a self-imposed Green card for the bad comment.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Dr. Tact wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:08 am
DMac wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:04 am
You are right...I apologize at my attempt at humor. Sorry Maryland, fans, parents and players.

I'll take a self-imposed Green card for the bad comment.
Green card? More like an empty………play on!
DMac

Post by DMac »

Yup, play on. Minor offense, as was the Hoos'.
OuttaNowhereWregget

17 to 2 BC over BU with 13 minutes left in the third. Get ready to hear more kvetching about who gets left in the game and for how long.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Uh oh, time to take all the starters out.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Penn looking pretty good in their opener against Delaware. 9-0 in the second quarter.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Vandy by 2 over ND.

11 to 3 in the save category in favor of Vandy seems to sink ND
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Bart wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:51 pm Vandy by 2 over ND.

14-12 Vanderbilt. Nice work.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

Wow.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:58 pm
Bart wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:51 pm Vandy by 2 over ND.

14-12 Vanderbilt. Nice work.
+1
OuttaNowhereWregget

Pitt 22 St. Bonnies 8 Final

If a team in the 3rd game of their existence routs an opponent, is it okay if their starters are in at the end? 😉 Asking for a friend.
westcoastlax

Post by westcoastlax »

I would say not. Always important to develop your bench. There might not be a lot of opportunities to play deep into the bench, so it is nice to reward hard work in practice/preseason with a few minutes of playing time early in the season. Always good for team chemistry and morale.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

3 rules from men's lacrosse that women's lacrosse need to adopt:
1. Especially now that they are using quarters, if a team is a woman-up with possession of the ball when a quarter ends, the woman-up team should start the next quarter with the ball. If a team receives a card very late in a quarter it's not fair that the woman-up team has to win a draw to take advantage of the card.
2. If there is a violation on the draw and the ball is awarded to a team, the attackers and defenders should have to hold in the box until the whistle is blown to start play. It's not fair that the team given the ball has to get the ball through a ride to the restraining line. They're not allowed to leave the box until possession is gained so why are the attackers allowed to run up and redefend on a violation?
3. If a card is issued on an offensive player(dangerous shot, foul on the redefend, etc) the team going woman-up should get a free clear. In men's lacrosse it's to midfield so in women's it would make sense to give it to them at the restraining line.

All three of those are current rules in men's lacrosse and I believe make total sense and would lead to more scoring.

Thoughts?
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

DMac wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:36 am I see absolutely nothing wrong with it, thought it was/is kind of clever.
School spirit, supporting the team, what's the problem here? This kind
of thing is kind of commonplace, isn't it?
Yes I agree DMac, puns on the opposing team's name or mascot are extremely commonplace. And again, this is more than likely coming from the athletic communications/social media team rather than directly from the minds/mouths of the coaching staff.

The attempt to connect the fact that TC contributes a weekly opinion column to USA Lax Magazine posting a "premature announcement" via twitter and a link to an article that TC has nothing to do with - and then some how linking that to the Maryland women's lacrosse program's tweet - is an even further stretch IMO.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

:roll:
hmmm wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:41 pm 3 rules from men's lacrosse that women's lacrosse need to adopt:
1. Especially now that they are using quarters, if a team is a woman-up with possession of the ball when a quarter ends, the woman-up team should start the next quarter with the ball. If a team receives a card very late in a quarter it's not fair that the woman-up team has to win a draw to take advantage of the card.
2. If there is a violation on the draw and the ball is awarded to a team, the attackers and defenders should have to hold in the box until the whistle is blown to start play. It's not fair that the team given the ball has to get the ball through a ride to the restraining line. They're not allowed to leave the box until possession is gained so why are the attackers allowed to run up and redefend on a violation?
3. If a card is issued on an offensive player(dangerous shot, foul on the redefend, etc) the team going woman-up should get a free clear. In men's lacrosse it's to midfield so in women's it would make sense to give it to them at the restraining line.

All three of those are current rules in men's lacrosse and I believe make total sense and would lead to more scoring.

Thoughts?
I like these suggestions.fouls in women's lacrosse mean next to nothing.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”