ODAC 2022

D3 Mens Lacrosse
ConcordetoODAC

Re: ODAC 2022

Post by ConcordetoODAC »

smoova wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:15 am
Maconlaxdad3 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:38 pm Saw the kid play at Jeff For. absolute weapon from outside when shooting with both hands he will have them move up in the rankings I guarantee that Ferrum will be top 5 in the ODAC this season in front of W&L.
There is video of this player available on the interwebs. Folks can draw their own conclusions.
Nobody said the kid wasn't good and I'm sure most true fans hope he has a great career. The dispute is that Ferrum will be a Top 5 team. Good ODAC defenses will lock this kid off and make Ferrum play them 5 v 5. Teams don't jump from 1-9 in conference to Top 5 in one season. Ferrum will beat Randolph and maybe another ODAC team but Top 5 in conference isn't happening.
Laxfan69

Post by Laxfan69 »

truly a battle of the minds going on in this forum. its almost like a few bored college students are trolling a few bored dads
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Good teams will just play defense and not lock off like LYN who pulled starters after 15-1 1st half and cycled 6 close D and 3 goalies to win 2nd half 10-0. This young man played his heart out ending with 0 goals on 3 SOG.
Maybe they can attract more recruits with him but with a thin roster to support improvement and competitive practices they have a long road..

I’m rooting for NOKE tomorrow. Hope they respond to
away drubbing at CNU with a good week of practice and home opener. Pilot is a legend and deserves to rebuild.

Also hoping W&L has a good showing vs. York. They will have learned from the Catholic loss and will compete.

LYN is laser focused. Looking for similar result tomorrow vs. Greensboro before Cabrini visits and they travel to Salisbury.
The parts are in place on defense. This game will help before Cabrini comes in and they run the gauntlet to Tufts visit.

HSC looks good this year but will their offensive production = last year. Opening with VA Southern. I don’t see Zack Denneman on their roster.. thought he was returning??

Hope all stay health and good luck to all!
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Laxfan69 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:08 am truly a battle of the minds going on in this forum. its almost like a few bored college students are trolling a few bored dads
That’s literally what it is, and I’m sure the kids think it’s hilarious.
Laxfan69

Post by Laxfan69 »

My prediction is:

Lynchburg is the cream of the crop. Only team with a meaningful out of conference win in years. The coach is able to get the talent and apply it accordingly. They regularly plays kids that are good lacrosse players but are not good athletes and they get completely exposed when playing some of the hyper atheletic, more d1 style of colleges such as cnu. Hard to run an offense when 4 out 6 kids move their feet to catch and throw.

HSC, WLL, and Roanoke will continue to rest on tradition and seemingly refuse to adapt to the changing style of lacrosse. Continue to plug kids into the same scheme they've been running since before mesh existed. Theyll run the same three plays fifteen times a game because those three plays won them games in the 80's. Halftime adjustments? never heard of it, just going to continue doing the same thing but try to do it better in the second half. God forbid if a team ten man rides us because we still havent figured that after fifteen years. Able to get the talent but never use it.
That being said, these teams will punish the bottom teams but will look sloppy while doing so. Maybe one of these teams is upset from bridgewater or rmc.

Bridgewater and RMC seemingly have the coaching but dont get the recruits. and can you blame anyone? one school smells like sht and the other has trains.

The rest of the odac: who the fck cares? nothing they do matters.
smoova

Post by smoova »

Laxfan69 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:18 pmHard to run an offense when 4 out 6 kids move their feet to catch and throw.
I don't have any opinion on how the ODAC shakes out this year, but this comment made me chuckle. Thanks for that!
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

:D
Last edited by OSVAlacrosse on Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ODACWojBomb

Post by ODACWojBomb »

Randolph Macon hosts CNU this weekend. This could be a good indicator of where RMC stands in the ODAC. I'm predicting CNU handles RMC pretty good. The question is how bad will it be? Can they do better than a 22-5 showing from Roanoke? Time will tell...
ergit

Post by ergit »

Laxfan69 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:18 pm My prediction is:

Lynchburg is the cream of the crop. Only team with a meaningful out of conference win in years. The coach is able to get the talent and apply it accordingly. They regularly plays kids that are good lacrosse players but are not good athletes and they get completely exposed when playing some of the hyper atheletic, more d1 style of colleges such as cnu. Hard to run an offense when 4 out 6 kids move their feet to catch and throw.

HSC, WLL, and Roanoke will continue to rest on tradition and seemingly refuse to adapt to the changing style of lacrosse. Continue to plug kids into the same scheme they've been running since before mesh existed. Theyll run the same three plays fifteen times a game because those three plays won them games in the 80's. Halftime adjustments? never heard of it, just going to continue doing the same thing but try to do it better in the second half. God forbid if a team ten man rides us because we still havent figured that after fifteen years. Able to get the talent but never use it.
That being said, these teams will punish the bottom teams but will look sloppy while doing so. Maybe one of these teams is upset from bridgewater or rmc.

Bridgewater and RMC seemingly have the coaching but dont get the recruits. and can you blame anyone? one school smells like sht and the other has trains.

The rest of the odac: who the fck cares? nothing they do matters.
Savage, but funny…
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Leehorseman wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:54 pm Thinking of sending my son to HSC or Ferrum what is your suggestion for academics and lacrosse
H-SC is demonstrably better at both if you can afford it.

Coaching staff is great, both at the whole coaching thing and as people. Team always seemed fairly tight knit to me when I worked with the team for 8.5 years within the sports information department. They run a class operation, have high standards for their student-athletes in everything. Really strong alumni network for the college in general and especially within the H-SC lax community.
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Macon leads CNU 3-1 after the first quarter.

Roanoke looking like they might be in for a rough season.
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

And Macon leads 5-3 at the half
Wall Ball

Post by Wall Ball »

thescottharris wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:50 pm And Macon leads 5-3 at the half
10-9 Captains end of 3.
Wall Ball

Post by Wall Ball »

Wall Ball wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:26 pm
thescottharris wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:50 pm And Macon leads 5-3 at the half
10-9 Captains end of 3.
14-10 with 4 To go
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Captains win 14-12. Nice comeback for CNU, pretty damn good performance by RMC, to say the least.
Faxlax

Post by Faxlax »

Tough loss for W&L, 8-7 on a goal scored from a sharp angle with a little more than a minute to go.

Good discipline for the Generals but poor clearing and two inexplicable off sides while clearing in the last few minutes gave York too many opportunities....

Much better than last week,,,
richard

Post by richard »

ODAC makes much more sense after today. It seems that the CNU Noke game might have been an outlier. Either which way it looks like there might be 6 teams in the hunt with Lunchbag leading the way.
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

What up Noke
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Maybe that guy pumping up Will Perry as the best GK in the country is on to something! He scored two goals to go with 12 saves
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Maconlaxdad3 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:53 pm First I wanted to discuss the current situation at W&L I have heard that there are conflicts between the captains on the offense and defense both seeing different paths for the season and ways to achieve their goals they set out for the season... come in the top three in the ODAC.

I have heard as Ferrum has struggled in recent years they have a new freshman attack who had various D2 offers chose to become a Panthers because of his legacy status(mother played soccer in '96). The kid is strong and is not your typical Panther they typically recruit I am expecting him to be in the top five in goals in the ODAC this year.

As Lynchburg always has good talent I have heard they are lacking in team chemistry this year as their "dry" fall prevents the team from building real chemistry needed in order to know your teammates better in a sense off the field. This is coming from a friend of the program who is very much involved on and off the turf. I imagine realistically LYN will be 11-6 this season with some disappointing losses late in the year.

Lastly RMC is looking good as #15 has been looking good alongside his new counterpunch on the midfield with #7 and #48 both who has surprised RMC fans this fall.
This guy has a long way to go to be a top five scorer in the ODAC. 0 goals on only three shots against Lynchburg. One goal on just two shots against lowly Brevard. Doesn't even appear to be a priority option on offense as he saw one teammate get 17 shots today and another 6 shots. And Ferrum only had 31 shots today as it is.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”