Virginia Tech

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Virginia Tech

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

How is Johns Hopkins women’s lacrosse following Virginia Tech’s ground crew? Just struck me as odd.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:12 pm How is Johns Hopkins women’s lacrosse following Virginia Tech’s ground crew? Just struck me as odd.
This tweet has been retweet’s by a ton of teams and coaches from all sports today about the way Mack Brown runs his program that they left the locker room like that after a tough loss. As someone that seems to live on social media I’m surprised you haven’t noticed.
OuttaNowhereWregget

hmmm wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:58 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:12 pm How is Johns Hopkins women’s lacrosse following Virginia Tech’s ground crew? Just struck me as odd.
This tweet has been *retweet’s by a ton of teams and coaches from all sports today about the way Mack Brown runs his program that they left the locker room like that after a tough loss. As someone that seems to live on social media I’m surprised you haven’t noticed.
Leaving aside the mistaken assumptions, the correct usage is *retweeted, for future reference.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:37 am
This tweet has been *retweet’s by a ton of teams and coaches from all sports today about the way Mack Brown runs his program that they left the locker room like that after a tough loss. As someone that seems to live on social media I’m surprised you haven’t noticed.
Leaving aside the mistaken assumptions, the correct usage is *retweeted, for future reference.
Thanks for the grammar correction. I’ll let my phones autocorrect know that or be more careful with my fat thumbs. God you can be unbearable sometimes.
OuttaNowhereWregget

hmmm wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:46 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:37 am
Thanks for the grammar correction. I’ll let my phones autocorrect know that or be more careful with my fat thumbs. God you can be unbearable sometimes.
You are most welcome. I know the feeling.
OuttaNowhereWregget

And Doc's alma mater pulls off the upset! 10-9 on the road against the #13 Dukes. Very nice.
OuttaNowhereWregget

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:57 pm And Doc's alma mater pulls off the upset! 10-9 on the road against the #13 Dukes. Very nice.
First program win over JMU! Nobody beats the Hokies 19 times in a row! 😉
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:03 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:57 pm And Doc's alma mater pulls off the upset! 10-9 on the road against the #13 Dukes. Very nice.
OMG. I just saw this. LLL is the JMU expert....what happened? I had no thought that Tech could beat the Dukes.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:13 pm
OMG. I just saw this. LLL is the JMU expert....what happened? I had no thought that Tech could beat the Dukes.
Again...wow...snarky me would say it is the new coaching staff....
OuttaNowhereWregget

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:15 pm
Haha--I didn't see the game but I'm glad for the Hokes. Love seeing a team get out from under after years of disappointment. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the new coach has something to do with it. She got Kayla Frank to come back so she's doing something right.

Down 2 in the 4th. Scored 3 straight to take it. Big win!

https://hokiesports.com/sports/womens-l ... core/24566
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:18 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:15 pm
Haha--I didn't see the game but I'm glad for the Hokes. Love seeing a team get out from under after years of disappointment. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the new coach has something to do with it. She got Kayla Frank to come back so she's doing something right.

Down 2 in the 4th. Scored 3 straight to take it. Big win!

https://hokiesports.com/sports/womens-l ... core/24566
My D (#13) played MS, HS club with the VT #13. Great kid. Glad to see her have a 2+4 tonight. Tough grinder :D One of the reasons I was so disappointed with the previous coach was that we know a number of the current/past players and they deserved better. Maybe that has changed now.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:29 pm And the historic game winner:

https://twitter.com/hokieslax/status/14 ... 66146?s=21
That's a big girl goal right there. Top shelf stick side....should be the easiest shot to stop, but speed kills.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

Good for VT. I think it's awesome the new staff brought a player back to a game she and her family dedicated a lot of time to and was probably very hard to walk away from. Hoping they continue to make noise !
OuttaNowhereWregget

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:31 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:29 pm And the historic game winner:

https://twitter.com/hokieslax/status/14 ... 66146?s=21
That's a big girl goal right there. Top shelf stick side....should be the easiest shot to stop, but speed kills.
Well put, Doc.
OuttaNowhereWregget

tothedraw wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:42 pm Good for VT. I think it's awesome the new staff brought a player back to a game she and her family dedicated a lot of time to and was probably very hard to walk away from. Hoping they continue to make noise !
McSpazatron

Post by McSpazatron »

That is an awesome win for the Hokies ! Starting of the "post Sung" era in a top notch fashion !!
OuttaNowhereWregget

I thought the game winner from the other night was worth another look. This shows the play developing (no audio). The Hokes obviously think a lot of the midfielder frosh Olivia Vergano to have designed this isolation play for her. She works it to perfection as she completely fakes her defender out of position to make room for the missile she directs far side top corner. Beautifully executed. As an aside, I love the rigid arms down by her side after the goal. I'm sure if one could see her from another angle, she would have her mouth open and bellowing a long drawn out war cry. One of the best upsets of the young season so far.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”