All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

jhu72

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:28 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:03 pm COVID stat watchers around the world have started to notice that things in Denmark aren't necessarily going in the right direction.
Makes you wonder why all these blue states are lifting restrictions....stupid mouth breathers. ;)
... we will see. Fauci came out today and said the US numbers are moving in the right direction.
Last edited by jhu72 on Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

951,953!! We did it mom!!! Top of the world!! We are over 950,000 dead.

“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:43 pm 951,953!! We did it mom!!! Top of the world!! We are over 950,000 dead.

7EB87A76-2393-4E20-99C6-9F870411E2CA.jpeg
7EB87A76-2393-4E20-99C6-9F870411E2CA.jpeg (66.06 KiB) Viewed 620 times
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:56 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:43 pm 951,953!! We did it mom!!! Top of the world!! We are over 950,000 dead.

Sad, sad trolling.

So when Biden is "responsible", you believe the death toll.

But Denmark's numbers are suspect.

Ah........Math in 2022 is such a joy. Are you on the metric system with this stuff, Pete?
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:11 pm months ago? i told you why i jumped in. maybe review posts from the last 24 hours or so?
i saw something that doesn't correlate to that narrative. you insist it does, and that susie in darien or boulder jumps on red twitter or facebook just for this advice.
What's "red twitter"?

I think that none of us are immune from the media we consume. And the key attribute of "some guy on the internet" is that you don't know who is posting, what their angle is (in any), what their political bent is, or even what country they are posting from....
wgdsr wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:11 pm and... again... you seem to be confirming your stance on that above yet again. my convo here was -- even if and when this info is sourced more frequently from one side
The misinformation comes from everywhere. The crazy conversations I can share just from my facebook feeds is bananas....and even then, I only know SOME of the people commenting in real life. The others could be Russian bots, for all I know.

There is no left-right-center on most websites, wgdsr....you have no clue who is posting on, say, reddit.
wgdsr wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:11 pm my novice read on aap (which isn't to be trusted as to how each physician deals with their patients)? looks boilerplate.
It is. That's because their members agree. If they were on the fence? No way that they'd make a statement like that without public pushback. Maybe pushback is forthcoming.....
wgdsr wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:11 pm i don't think it's absurd for me to be bewildered how anyone let alone us knows how docs are advising individual patients. my achilles, fwiw, is when peeps throw out things like 100%, we know, etc.
Yep, and you're right to be like that. But it makes conversations here tedious if you keep adding in caveats to posts. I'll try and do better, and find a middle ground on that point.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:01 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:56 pm

Sad, sad trolling.

So when Biden is "responsible", you believe the death toll.

But Denmark's numbers are suspect.

Ah........Math in 2022 is such a joy. Are you on the metric system with this stuff, Pete?

Trolling? What?

You’ve got me confused with someone else.

Biden said Trump should resign because he was responsible for 220,000 Covid deaths. I provided the tweet. Are you suggesting he didn’t say that?

Then he said, “I will take care of this. I will end this,” Joe Biden said of the coronavirus pandemic at the first debate. Did he not say this?

My reply to TLD is in reference to a politician who categorically said someone in his seat should resign if they oversaw 220,000 Covid deaths, and now Biden is up to over 550,000.

Where am I wrong and where is this trolling?
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:24 pm My reply to TLD is in reference to a politician who categorically said someone in his seat should resign if they oversaw 220,000 Covid deaths, and now Biden is up to over 550,000.

Where am I wrong and where is this trolling?
Let me help you: those 550,000 deaths are misreported, and don't count. Therefore, Biden's in the clear.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them get a vaccine.

Wonder how many deaths since Biden took office are unvaccinated vs. vaccinated. Anyone got that handy? Or just tweets?

Back in May, ~99% of all deaths were unvaccinated https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus- ... 54f5d5e187

Wasn't sure what the current info is...
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

old salt

Post by old salt »

Have Red Green or the Trailer Park Boys taken a position yet ?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Obviously jhu72 is in favor of mandates. What amazes me every day is how anyone in their right mind is in favor of a legal mandate for a drug less than 2 years old, where natural survival is north of 99% anyway. How do you begin to square that without others rightfully calling that ideology (‘legal mandates or you’re no longer part of society, or even imprisoned’) of being totalitarian? How?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... nope, I am in favor of truth, as inconvenient as it may be to your cause. It is a very small movement with big trucks. I am very much in favor of peaceful protest, even dumb ones, as well as the duty of police to behave reasonably when moving or arresting protestors who step outside the law.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

old salt wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:33 am
Have Red Green or the Trailer Park Boys taken a position yet ?
Have no idea, but would love to hear Red Green's take on it. :lol:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

BA.2 spreading around the world. As expected, it is the major variant being found in Denmark.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:55 pm You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them get a vaccine.

Wonder how many deaths since Biden took office are unvaccinated vs. vaccinated. Anyone got that handy? Or just tweets?

Back in May, ~99% of all deaths were unvaccinated https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus- ... 54f5d5e187

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7104e2.htm

If I read this correctly, and subject to the limitations they enumerate, looks like, since April, unvaccinated had about 2 and half times as many cases (given rate of vaccinations, that would suggest about 3 times more likely to have been infected enough to be counted) and had more than 4X the number of deaths.

So, yeah, more than 80% of all deaths have been among unvaccinated since April. It gets worse when looking at age, with nearly 14X greater likelihood of death if unvaccinated.

This may well still be understated further due to this being before Omicron wave.

But bottomline, way, way lower risk if vaccinated and boosted on time.

And well over 80% of the deaths since the Biden Admin took over have been those who refused to be vaccinated.

Don't want to blame Trump for that 80%? ok, blame right wing media and other anti-vaccine and anti-mandate knuckleheads promoting non-adherence to public health advice. And blame the knuckleheads who spread the disease cavalierly to those who had bad outcomes.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:37 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:55 pm You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them get a vaccine.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7104e2.htm

If I read this correctly, and subject to the limitations they enumerate, looks like, since April, unvaccinated had about 2 and half times as many cases (given rate of vaccinations, that would suggest about 3 times more likely to have been infected enough to be counted) and had more than 4X the number of deaths.

So, yeah, more than 80% of all deaths have been among unvaccinated since April. It gets worse when looking at age, with nearly 14X greater likelihood of death if unvaccinated.

This may well still be understated further due to this being before Omicron wave.

But bottomline, way, way lower risk if vaccinated and boosted on time.

And well over 80% of the deaths since the Biden Admin took over have been those who refused to be vaccinated.

Don't want to blame Trump for that 80%? ok, blame right wing media and other anti-vaccine and anti-mandate knuckleheads promoting non-adherence to public health advice. And blame the knuckleheads who spread the disease cavalierly to those who had bad outcomes.

What predictable anti-Fox nonsense, untethered to real numbers, and frankly, the very definition of misinformation.

Is ‘right wing media’ responsible for the disproportionately high percentage of black and Latino Covid deaths?

Adjusting for population, death rates for Black and Hispanic people are higher than those of white and Asian people in every age group, with Black people experiencing the highest death rates in every case. Death rates for Asian populations are generally between those of white and Hispanic populations.

A highly-cited CDC report from April examined data on a sample of 580 patients hospitalized with COVID-19 and found that only 45% of the individuals for whom demographic data was available were white, though white people made up 59% of the surrounding community. At the same time, 33% of hospitalized patients in the sample were Black, compared to 18% in the community, and 8% were Hispanic, compared to 14% in the community. The report suggested that Blacks are overrepresented among hospitalized patients.

https://usafacts.org/articles/covid-dea ... nic-white/

If you have proof these folks are listening to and taking cues from ‘right wing media’, let’s see it.
Last edited by Peter Brown on Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

The facts are that if the RW media instead of staking out some sort of "opposition" case regarding vaccines had promoted them as the answer to a return to a more normal life more rapidly we would not be having this kind of death toll.

There is no contrary data to that...
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:46 am The facts are that if the RW media instead of staking out some sort of "opposition" case regarding vaccines had promoted them as the answer to a return to a more normal life more rapidly we would not be having this kind of death toll.

Do you have so little faith in individuals that you assume we all mindlessly do what media tells us to do?
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:51 am
RedFromMI wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:46 am The facts are that if the RW media instead of staking out some sort of "opposition" case regarding vaccines had promoted them as the answer to a return to a more normal life more rapidly we would not be having this kind of death toll.

Do you have so little faith in individuals that you assume we all mindlessly do what media tells us to do?
The resistance to the COVID vaccine and the new RW resistance to all vaccines has most certainly been affected by the RW media. Make the issue of getting vaccinated "problematic" because there are too many "questions" about them is the major contribution, as well as making those refusing to consider getting vaccinated "heroes" of a new resistance is the big effect.

But certain individuals are certainly mindlessly following that lead - just like they mindlessly follow the "Big Lie" about the election. Not everyone is affected, but enough are...
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:57 am
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:51 am

The resistance to the COVID vaccine and the new RW resistance to all vaccines has most certainly been affected by the RW media. Make the issue of getting vaccinated "problematic" because there are too many "questions" about them is the major contribution, as well as making those refusing to consider getting vaccinated "heroes" of a new resistance is the big effect.

But certain individuals are certainly mindlessly following that lead - just like they mindlessly follow the "Big Lie" about the election. Not everyone is affected, but enough are...

I agree and disagree with your post. Sure some folks don’t think enough and are easily led, but those numbers are small IMO. That’s true of the right and left. Some people on the left think Rachel Maddow is Jesus Christ.

I’d disagree in your contention that RW media asks too many questions and hero’s are being created. I want questions and skepticism, early and often. Especially when it’s the state demanding fealty.

Return to “POLITICS”