Conservative Ideology 2024: NOTHING BUT LIES AND FEARMONGERING

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
seacoaster

Re: Conservative Ideology ~Unfit to Govern in 2022~

Post by seacoaster »

Just a guy making sure the votes are counted correctly? More to come, right?

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 284654002/

"Republican Mike Detmer, a candidate for the Michigan state Senate, told a crowd Saturday that people should "show up armed" to protect Republican election observers' access to monitor the counting of ballots.

In response Monday evening, Michigan's top election official, Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson, said she had referred Detmer's comments and additional remarks from Republican gubernatorial candidate Ryan Kelley to Attorney General Dana Nessel. In a statement, Benson said voter intimidation by brandishing a firearm at a polling place is illegal.

Detmer made the comment at an event in Livingston County, according to a video posted by Kelley's gubernatorial campaign. A person in the crowd had asked the two candidates what can be done to "protect people" to prevent what happened at the TCF Center, where Detroit's absentee ballots were counted after the November 2020 presidential election.

The unidentified individual suggested Republican observers had been "pushed" out of the room and police "manhandled" people. Election officials have said they allowed the maximum number of poll watchers, only restricting access to any additional observers because of COVID-19 concerns.

The Second Amendment isn't there for hunting rights or self defense, he continued. It's there to protect all of the other constitutional rights, he said.

"The right to bear arms tells the government the citizenry is armed," Detmer said.

"The ideal thing is to do this peacefully," he said at another point. "That's ideal. But the American people, at some point in time, if we can't change the tide, which I believe we can, we need to be prepared to lock and load."

He later said, "You asked what can we do. Show up armed."

The statement drew vocal opposition from Democrats. Nessel, the state's top law enforcement official, said the use of firearms to intimidate voters is illegal.

"Engaging in such conduct will result in arrest & prosecution," Nessel tweeted.

In a text message exchange Monday morning, Detmer emphasized that he said ideally, things should be solved peacefully. Asked what he meant when he said "lock and load," Detmer said ultimately, people have the responsibility to stop tyranny.

"That's what the 2nd Amendment is for," Detmer wrote in a text message. "Worst case ... lock and load."
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:46 pm Why aren't we allowed to knock these fng aholes out? Friday style. Seriously if someone makes an aggressive move of any kind isn't that enough to blast them in the face then put them in a rear naked choke hold or cross face/half nelson and break their collarbone and call it self defense?

In a follow up to the issue of school boards, if last nights San Francisco vote to recall three school board members doesn’t wake up Democrats across the country, I don’t know what will. Mind you, San Francisco is as liberal a city as it gets, so for them to overwhelmingly recall three school board members, because these school board members were too liberal, should tell you how November will go for Democrats nationwide.

Parents in this hyper-politically liberal city launched the recall effort in January 2021 out of frustration over the slow reopening of district schools, while the board pursued the renaming of 44 school sites (getting rid of Washington, Lincoln, Jefferson) and the elimination of competitive admissions at the elite Lowell High School.

https://www.kqed.org/news/11904879/sf-s ... for-recall

Ignore this earthquake event at your peril.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... the San Francisco school board has 7 members, all democrats. Only 3 members were recalled. I would have voted to recall two of them given their racist (anti-Asian) behavior and perhaps the 3rd as well. Likely will be replaced by 3 different democrats.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

(RRR’s post is gone but I was replying to the clip where non citizens helped vote out the 3 woke school board members)

I’m obviously concerned with non citizens voting, but less concerned with foreigners as I am with party operatives taking advantage of an untraceable count.

Here’s the real message though from a vote like last night, and I realize RRR you disagree and say both parties are the same, maybe yes, but I’m betting there is a divergence over the next decade.

I tell my national and state Republican leader buddies all the time: cut out the wink/nod BS anti-immigrant language. Both Chinese-Americans and Latino Americans are looking for a party which celebrates family, safety, and opportunity. That’s all you need to discuss. Democrats are not their natural home. They hate woke bs.

It’s frustrating out here. Nikki Hailey went on the uninvited ledge yesterday to denounce Eileen Gu, telling her you’re either with Chinese slave camps, or you’re with America. What an own goal. Chinese Americans really hate that stuff. She’s 18 years old for gods sake!!! Shut up, Nikki…who are you impressing?!?

Just focus on family, safety, and opportunity. Those three topics. You win, going away.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:46 am (RRR’s post is gone but I was replying to the clip where non citizens helped vote out the 3 woke school board members)

I’m obviously concerned with non citizens voting, but less concerned with foreigners as I am with party operatives taking advantage of an untraceable count.

Here’s the real message though from a vote like last night, and I realize RRR you disagree and say both parties are the same, maybe yes, but I’m betting there is a divergence over the next decade.

I tell my national and state Republican leader buddies all the time: cut out the wink/nod BS anti-immigrant language. Both Chinese-Americans and Latino Americans are looking for a party which celebrates family, safety, and opportunity. That’s all you need to discuss. Democrats are not their natural home. They hate woke bs.

It’s frustrating out here. Nikki Hailey went on the uninvited ledge yesterday to denounce Eileen Gu, telling her you’re either with Chinese slave camps, or you’re with America. What an own goal. Chinese Americans really hate that stuff. She’s 18 years old for gods sake!!! Shut up, Nikki…who are you impressing?!?

Just focus on family, safety, and opportunity. Those three topics. You win, going away.
You are getting to the ultimate problem with today's Republican party - they are beholden to a base that has a big connection to: racism, nativism, evangelicalism, white supremacy. And with the rise of Trump, keeping those sentiments well hidden (state rights, European culture, other dog whistles) is no longer a priority as most of the pols are trying hard to keep that base.

Yes - there are groups that in more normal times might be attracted to the Rs, but as long as what I mention is dominant there is an upper limit.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:53 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:46 am (RRR’s post is gone but I was replying to the clip where non citizens helped vote out the 3 woke school board members)

You are getting to the ultimate problem with today's Republican party - they are beholden to a base that has a big connection to: racism, nativism, evangelicalism, white supremacy. And with the rise of Trump, keeping those sentiments well hidden (state rights, European culture, other dog whistles) is no longer a priority as most of the pols are trying hard to keep that base.

Yes - there are groups that in more normal times might be attracted to the Rs, but as long as what I mention is dominant there is an upper limit.

You have a point, and I can see it, but I’m close enough to some of the action to know there’s genuine internal pushback on the bs, and my optimistic nature always encourages me to keep fighting for what I know the party should stand for, which is family, faith, safety, and opportunity. It’s such a compelling message because it’s simple and true.

In the meantime, Nikki Haley is on my s list. Idiotic thing for her to do and say. Eileen is eighteen years old…maybe let her make her decisions. If you support her, she’ll return that support in spades down the road. But if you denounce her, you’ll never get her back, plus hack off millions of others who love the young lady. Unreal.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

“ I tell my national and state Republican leader buddies all the time: cut out the wink/nod BS anti-immigrant language. Both Chinese-Americans and Latino Americans are looking for a party which celebrates family, safety, and opportunity. That’s all you need to discuss. Democrats are not their natural home. They hate woke bs.”

So they are racists? Is that what you are saying? They too can proceed up the ladder because they too can step over the blacks?

You might want to learn some American history, if you dare. Paradigm challenging facts can be scary for some, so if your delicate sensibilities preclude that we will understand.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:00 pm

“ I tell my national and state Republican leader buddies all the time: cut out the wink/nod BS anti-immigrant language. Both Chinese-Americans and Latino Americans are looking for a party which celebrates family, safety, and opportunity. That’s all you need to discuss. Democrats are not their natural home. They hate woke bs.”

So they are racists? Is that what you are saying? They too can proceed up the ladder because they too can step over the blacks?

You might want to learn some American history, if you dare. Paradigm challenging facts can be scary for some, so if your delicate sensibilities preclude that we will understand.

You truly have some bewildering takes on here. Did you miss the part where I’m actually challenging an existing mindset of a section of my party?

No matter. What I’d focus on if I were you isn’t me or the Republican Party but rather last night’s San Francisco school board recall vote. It’s a canary in a coal mine for Democrats. Smart Democrats are sounding the alarm this morning. You’re staring down the barrel of an historic blowout loss this fall unless you rein in the FLP crazies.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:23 pm

You truly have some bewildering takes on here. Did you miss the part where I’m actually challenging an existing mindset of a section of my party?

No matter. What I’d focus on if I were you isn’t me or the Republican Party but rather last night’s San Francisco school board recall vote. It’s a canary in a coal mine for Democrats. Smart Democrats are sounding the alarm this morning. You’re staring down the barrel of an historic blowout loss this fall unless you rein in the FLP crazies.
What makes you think I am a Democrat?

If find the violence of your idiom interesting, though.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:29 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:56 pm
You mysoginist woman hating cretin... ;) It's okay for you FLP folks to throw away all your faux values and hate on whatever woman you like. So I guess it is okay for me to call VP Harris a decendant of the Denali Ditz? Mr Dis just opened the door for such criticism. FTR to all my FLP friends that was sarcasm...
Question for ya, Cranky: do you remember who first brought the term "Denali Ditz" to the pages of the old LP forum?? (Hint: Jiminy Cricket was this poster’s avatar)…

Seriously, the big B?? I didn't know that. He came to a fork in the road an took it. FTR my comment was not a personal attack towards you. It is nice to know some folks here are on their toes when reporting anything that offends them to management. If they understood the way we have bickered for years they would understand the genesis of our comments toward each other.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Worth the listen. This is from a real "Conservative," the type we haven't seen much of over the past five or six years:

https://twitter.com/chkbal/status/1494064827760840713
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:04 pm Worth the listen. This is from a real "Conservative," the type we haven't seen much of over the past five or six years:

Typical judge......not listening to anyone but themselves. :roll: :lol:

just to name a couple....

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:43 pm
seacoaster wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:04 pm Worth the listen. This is from a real "Conservative," the type we haven't seen much of over the past five or six years:

Yup, and Adam Kinzinger...and Mitt Romney...and a bunch of folks who were run out of the GOP as RINO's. Jeff Flake...others sidelined, like John Kasich...
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:50 pm

Yup, and Adam Kinzinger...and Mitt Romney...and a bunch of folks who were run out of the GOP as RINO's. Jeff Flake...others sidelined, like John Kasich...
OMG, MD agreed with me.... :lol:

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:57 pm

I did, too. Now what??

Have a glass of whiskey, I guess?? ;)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:58 pm

I did, too. Now what??

:D we knew youth would eventually come around...! ;)

The judge is like the frog who finds himself in boiling water and is trying desperately to get out of the pan now...but it's too late. You're already cooked.

actually, not quite right...it's not too late to wake up and step up...but admit that you allowed the water to get darn hot and then its a credible position.

I was with a couple of fellas in their 70's last evening poolside over a cocktail. The one guy who'd I'd already detected wasn't fond of Trump, though lifelong Republican like me, Trump asked the other fella, "you're a Trump supporter, right?" The second guy said, "Yes, I've supported him and what he stands for, but I wish he'd keep his damn mouth shut"...I waited a beat, and asked "do you mean what you thought he stands for, not what he actually says and does; sorta what some of the media was saying he represented?" (I meant Fox etc). He looked a bit surprised and said "I suppose that's it".

Interesting. I changed the subject, but what I think is residual is a problem, the notion that it was simply Trump that was off his rocker bad, not that he was just tapped into this incredible spewing of angry disinformation that the right wing media has its entire profit basis now that has so infected those who were once reasonable, conservative leaning 'nice' folks. Anger and resentment.

And that anger and resentment set of endorphins that kicks off every time they tune into Fox etc is continuing. Crazy stuff. We were on a plane today and my son had on Fox for awhile, checking in how they were handling the 'news of the day' and it was quite incredible...of course people are a mess if watching and listening to this baloney. Immense exaggeration, and outright lies.

And to be clear, there's a heck of a lot of that sort of strategy on CNN and MSNBC...looking to push those anger buttons...I don't think the outright lies are at nearly the same level, but the button pushing is definitely in the same ballpark.

Not ok.
a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:18 pm
And that anger and resentment set of endorphins that kicks off every time they tune into Fox etc is continuing. Crazy stuff. We were on a plane today and my son had on Fox for awhile, checking in how they were handling the 'news of the day' and it was quite incredible...of course people are a mess if watching and listening to this baloney. Immense exaggeration, and outright lies.

And to be clear, there's a heck of a lot of that sort of strategy on CNN and MSNBC...looking to push those anger buttons...I don't think the outright lies are at nearly the same level, but the button pushing is definitely in the same ballpark.

Not ok.
Happy to report to YA that because of my in-laws I catch MSNBC shows about once every couple of months. And each time, it's gets worse. It's just looney tunes there now. Maddows show was pretty solid, with a few "out there moments"....until Trump arrived. She just went off the rails in every show i was unlucky enough to catch. Unwatchable now.

And I caught the outgoing President of the ACLU on a YouTube clip of Bill Maher......horrified to hear that they're not defending all free speech anymore.

The libs are not in a good place in more than a few locations.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:58 pm

I did, too. Now what??

Sitting fireside with dram....you watching me 😉. Funny story. A buddy of mine, just a few hours ago, from PA, sent a text and was excited he got a bottle of your bourbon shipped in from family out of state. When he visits your state I had him give you a try....he’s a satisfied customer.
~Livy

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:53 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:18 pm

Not ok.
Happy to report to YA that because of my in-laws I catch MSNBC shows about once every couple of months. And each time, it's gets worse. It's just looney tunes there now. Maddows show was pretty solid, with a few "out there moments"....until Trump arrived. She just went off the rails in every show i was unlucky enough to catch. Unwatchable now.

And I caught the outgoing President of the ACLU on a YouTube clip of Bill Maher......horrified to hear that they're not defending all free speech anymore.

The libs are not in a good place in more than a few locations.
Won't get any argument from me on that. However, I think the blatant lying isn't on the same level as Fox, much less OAN,
Newsmax, etc.

But plenty of "off the rails" stuff, for sure. Maddow and her producers tend to have her 'story' straight, but man she chews hard on the bone. Gnawing and gnawing. And I always get turned off when she seems overly pleased to be reporting on some disgusting thing or another. Whether the story is accurate or not, video and all, the chortling is too much. BTW, she's on a couple of months break other than supposed to be coming back for State of the Union and any other major news break stories. Ukraine?

Replacements aren't any better. But then the alternatives are pretty dismal, so suggest we all tune into Ozark or Billions or Mrs. Maisel or try to actually watch all the Oscar nominated movies...or better yet, read a book!

Caught the most recent Shondaland production...same actress as played Ruth in Ozark...yikes...pretty tough takedown of New York 'culture'...
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:23 pm

MD’s favorite Republican weighs in on last night:

C92313D1-0393-4623-A41E-373EF54D9A42.jpeg
C92313D1-0393-4623-A41E-373EF54D9A42.jpeg (139.08 KiB) Viewed 720 times

Return to “POLITICS”