Miscellaneous questions, thoughts, impressions, etc.

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Miscellaneous questions, thoughts, impressions, etc.

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

8meterPA wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:50 pm Not sure NU is a top 4 team without Scane, I would say closer to #10 than #4...her absence was very noticeable to say the least and no way Gilbert can pick up the slack, in fact I'm guessing she will see the bulk of defensive attention and will have trouble replicating her stats from last year.

I think it's a 2 1/2 team race - BC/UNC and then SYR can either close the gap or fall behind.
Great assessment. Maybe the Cats will figure something out as the season progresses but they looked like a shell of the team they've been without Scane yesterday. They miss McKone too.
Switzerland

Post by Switzerland »

Impression... Why is it sad I am not shocked?

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... rian/58922
OuttaNowhereWregget

Switzerland wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:46 am Impression... Why is it sad I am not shocked?

It’s an all too common occurrence. We become desensitized.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Switzerland wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:46 am Impression... Why is it sad I am not shocked?

It's a disgrace. I'm not "desensitized."
OuttaNowhereWregget

seacoaster wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:42 am

I was responding to Switzerland’s question. Of course it’s a disgrace. I’ve been on the receiving end of racial epithets since I was a child and know all too well how disgraceful it is. However, that’s not what Switzerland asked.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:19 pm

I was responding to Switzerland’s question. Of course it’s a disgrace. I’ve been on the receiving end of racial epithets since I was a child and know all too well how disgraceful it is. However, that’s not what Switzerland asked.
Sorry; I wasn't commenting about you at all. Although I kind of agree with you: we now see so much of this sort of stuff casually bubble up out of the sewers that we get inclined to ignore it. But we can't. When a group of athletes come to town, the program is courtesy. The idea that athletes might come to visit a campus and be treated this way is just vile. The world needs to crash down on these motherf*ckers.
OuttaNowhereWregget

seacoaster wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:07 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:19 pm

Sorry; I wasn't commenting about you at all. Although I kind of agree with you: we now see so much of this sort of stuff casually bubble up out of the sewers that we get inclined to ignore it. But we can't. When a group of athletes come to town, the program is courtesy. The idea that athletes might come to visit a campus and be treated this way is just vile. The world needs to crash down on these motherf*ckers.
Well said, sea. I agree 100%
Bart

Post by Bart »

Seems to me at this early junction the #24 team has more offensive flow than the #4 team had against the #1 team. Yep, it is early and they will probably run out of steam but they certainly move well on offense.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Bart wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:16 pm Seems to me at this early junction the #24 team has more offensive flow than the #4 team had against the #1 team. Yep, it is early and they will probably run out of steam but they certainly move well on offense.
Had the same thought.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Bart wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:16 pm Seems to me at this early junction the #24 team has more offensive flow than the #4 team had against the #1 team. Yep, it is early and they will probably run out of steam but they certainly move well on offense.
might just be a slow start...
Bart

Post by Bart »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:20 pm
Had the same thought.
But you got to get the ball. Holy cow is BC dominating the draw.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:22 pm
Perhaps. I just like the movement for UMass on the Offensive end.
Bart

Post by Bart »

ooof. BC certainly wakes up. Very unselfish on offense, fun to watch.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Bart wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:24 pm
Boy oh boy, BC’s ball movement is really a pleasure to watch.
Bart

Post by Bart »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:39 pm
Bart wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:24 pm
Boy oh boy, BC’s ball movement is really a pleasure to watch.
It really is.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Did the cameraman just get mugged?

Just want to thank Norm Smith, UMASS ‘79 for this scoreboard.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

BC has made a pretty good mid-major team look like a High School team.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Nice to see the rookies Agostino and Hasselbeck get a little ink on the BC scoresheet.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

Wow. After watching a fall scrimmage, I expected a very powerful BC team, but this is remarkable stuff. They have now beaten two top 25 teams by a combined score of 40-14. CN has as many goals personally as their two opponents have combined. Hall seemed like the biggest question mark coming into this season, with BC supporters wondering if she could build on her UNC performance in the playoffs. Wonder no more. So far she is off to a great start. It is hard not to look past the next six games to the showdown with Carolina in Chestnut Hill on March 20.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”