All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:08 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:45 pm 947,895 dead….we should tick past 950,000 any day now!
if we get to a million, i'm jumping to the side of fewer deaths.
This virus is no big deal. People die all the time.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:15 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:45 pm 947,895 dead….we should tick past 950,000 any day now!
cases are down from 800k to 150k. we are crushing the virus.
just notified, i get my tests on feb 19 @ 9 pm.
#crushthevirus
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:27 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:15 pm
cases are down from 800k to 150k. we are crushing the virus.
just notified, i get my tests on feb 19 @ 9 pm.
#crushthevirus
Yep. Hoping we catch a break and this is behind us from a mass casualty standpoint.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:33 pm message received.....you cant answer it, well we know why.
Can't answer what? Naming an mRNA vaccine? Who cares?

See...this is how a rational mind works: I don't know the difference between the mRNA vaccine and the old Polio vaccine. So in both cases, I'm gonna go ahead and asks the advice of my personal doctor. This is LITERALLY why I pay her...for her professional, trained, experienced mind. So does everyone else in America.

I depend on my doctor----your "blind faith"----to make these choices for me. So do you.
youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:33 pm That logic works perfectly....sadly, we just do not know with certainty what tomorrow may bring, let alone a new medical bio technology will do to each of us in 5-10+ years; we do it based on blind faith and trust, and some just are incapable/uncomfortable to go there. Which is why mandating is such a touchy subject.
Nope. Swing and a miss. Mandating was clearly, plainly not a touchy subject for decades leading up to 2020.

If what you say is true, we wouldn't have one single vaccine mandate on the books in any State. What do we have, instead? That's right, my man...we have vaccine mandates in every Single State. 100%. All of them.

So how do you explain that? You can't.

youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:33 pm And yes, most certainly, our elected officials and media whores have mind effed our society to distrust.
Again, this is incorrect. Every single anti-vaxxerd doesn't trust NO ONE. If that's all they did? That's fixable.

But that's not what happened. What happened is that they changed WHO they trust, and only for this ONE SUBJECT. Which is why
they're still getting vaccines for their 5yo kids, even thought they have no F'ing clue what's in the MMR vaccine.

If Tucker Carlson and "some guy on the internet" start talking about the MMR and polio vaccine mandates? Those will go bye-bye, too.

Which is why, obviously, I'm so angry at the obvious, clear as day stupidity that full grown American adults are using to make choices.

2,500+ dead per day, YA. If you'd prefer, I could just not give a sh*t about these Americans, realize that my family is safe, and just stop caring.

Otherwise, I'm going to call out people who are acting like children who can't think straight. They trust doctor for everything EXCEPT vaccines....and I'm sorry, but this is stupid.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan,
respectfully.... we are at 24% fully vaxxed, and less than 32% one vaxx for 5-11 year olds. and flat lining. so 68% are out entirely.

tucker doesn't pull in those kind of ratings.

broad brush strokes on media & misinformation don't get you anywhere near the numbers. something else is going on.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:55 pm a fan,
respectfully.... we are at 24% fully vaxxed, and less than 32% one vaxx for 5-11 year olds. and flat lining. so 68% are out entirely.

broad brush strokes on media & misinformation don't get you anywhere near the numbers. something else is going on.
It’s the power of the media. Anyone that thinks otherwise doesn’t understand how it works and how people are influenced to make decisions.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

No. But some guy on the internet does.

And I'm sorry...but what are the above numbers? USA? Your home State?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:28 pm

cdc federal.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:28 pm

It’s the power of the media. Anyone that thinks otherwise doesn’t understand how it works and how people are influenced to make decisions.
must be the right wing getting to the libs.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:32 pm

Did I say anything about left and right?
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

cdc federal.
Ah, thanks. 24% boosted, Is what you mean.

I'm stunned. Back in 2020? I thought we'd have fights and/or serious problems because everyone would want the vaccine the minute they could get one. Boy, was I wrong.

That doesn't make my point? We're at 90%+, still, for k-12 vaccines. Mandates in place. No one is touching them.

Yet folks won't take this vaccine because of all the nonsense floating around on the internet.

At least we know know how the Chinese will beat us, if they WANT to beat us.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:40 pm

no, i did. as it has come up in this discussion. it almost sounded like what you said was i don't know how it works.

i'll brush it off.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:46 pm

cdc federal.
Ah, thanks. 24% boosted, Is what you mean.

I'm stunned. Back in 2020? I thought we'd have fights and/or serious problems because everyone would want the vaccine the minute they could get one. Boy, was I wrong.

That doesn't make my point? We're at 90%+, still, for k-12 vaccines. Mandates in place. No one is touching them.

Yet folks won't take this vaccine because of all the nonsense floating around on the internet.

At least we know know how the Chinese will beat us, if they WANT to beat us.
no. 5 to 11 year olds have been 24% fully (2 doses) vaccinated for covid. 32% have gotten one shot, and it's not climbing fast.

we're at about 30 something boosted.

the polls told you we weren't getting fully vaxxed before we even knew what end was up. if we don't get a more deadly variant, it's not changing much.

edit: 91 million boosted as of feb 4.
that's 43% of the fully vaxxed pop.
that's 27.5% of the u.s. population.
that's 32% of 12 or over eligible quite some time ago.
Last edited by wgdsr on Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:07 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:53 pm I’m anti-mandate about nearly everything but especially unproven vaccines which to this day have all of two years of data. Two years. Just remember that next time you demand others take a booster or shame them from whatever activity. I’m quite comfortable around anyone with or without a vaccine…it matters not. I’ll never demand they be vaccinated though.
They're proven effective and safe vaccines, but you already know that.

And yes, we're familiar with your Libertarian streak. Why hasn't the free market solved COVID?

Two years of data and you’re calling these vaccines safe? I’d like ten years, minimum. And every additional booster, keep expanding the required years.

Mind you, the manufacturers face zero liability.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Nothing like goalpost moving…

First it is EA that is not acceptable, then needs 10 years.

The flu vaccine I got this year was just approved in 2020. Should I be worried it has not been a full 10 years? And they reformulate the flu vaccine EACH year!

The fact is the vaccine is MUCH LESS risky than the disease. It has been proven to do all sorts of positive things to keep people healthy and alive, and you are worried about some yet to be seen side effects?

Something tells me there is a great breakdown in logic here…
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:47 pm

no, i did. as it has come up in this discussion. it almost sounded like what you said was i don't know how it works.

i'll brush it off.
I chose the word “anyone” purposely…..Didn’t intend to single anyone out.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:15 pm

i'll brush it off.
so you, like a fan, believe the difference between 90+% vaccinations and the 24/32% we are seeing with covid vaxxes is entirely due to the "power of the media"?
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:28 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:15 pm

i'll brush it off.
so you, like a fan, believe the difference between 90+% vaccinations and the 24/32% we are seeing with covid vaxxes is entirely due to the "power of the media"?
Not like Afan. People generally are unaware of how “media” influences many decisions we make day to day. Ask YA how he learned about mRNA….. I guarantee you it wasn’t through independent research.

Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:07 pm Nothing like goalpost moving…

The flu vaccine I got this year was just approved in 2020. Should I be worried it has not been a full 10 years? And they reformulate the flu vaccine EACH year!

The fact is the vaccine is MUCH LESS risky than the disease. It has been proven to do all sorts of positive things to keep people healthy and alive, and you are worried about some yet to be seen side effects?

Yup, it's all an act. And a flip-flop as people like PB were cheering on these vaccines before they came out.

I also asked a while back if anyone could show me any vaccine that causes issues 6 months down the road or later. Crickets.

I'm not talking about issues that show up immediately that may last long term. I'm talking about issues that do not present (show up) until far down the road.

It just doesn't happen, at least that I could find. These vaccines already have very low rates of side effects, especially compared to the actual disease.

You're still gonna have people questioning the safety of these after we have 10 years of data. The first mRNA vaccines in human trials incidentally were 9 years ago. First animal use was 30 years ago.

The whole thing is an act.
Typical Lax Dad

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:34 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:07 pm Nothing like goalpost moving…

Yup, it's all an act. And a flip-flop as people like PB were cheering on these vaccines before they came out.

I also asked a while back if anyone could show me any vaccine that causes issues 6 months down the road or later. Crickets.

I'm not talking about issues that show up immediately that may last long term. I'm talking about issues that do not present (show up) until far down the road.

It just doesn't happen, at least that I could find. These vaccines already have very low rates of side effects, especially compared to the actual disease.

You're still gonna have people questioning the safety of these after we have 10 years of data. The first mRNA vaccines in human trials incidentally were 9 years ago. First animal use was 30 years ago.

The whole thing is an act.
“Media” has nothing to do with how people think.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”