All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

kramerica.inc

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by kramerica.inc »

a fan wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:39 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:14 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:43 am
youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:27 am Thanks for proving my point...again.

you are trying to argue that the 'wrong choice' according to you (not vaccinated) and the country, is someone differently leveraged, when in fact they both affect your livelihood, as the young wrote.
you actually see it as the same?

Sure, I think getting vaccinated should be mandated. True. And sure, both countries have such requirements, though obviously vastly different in how they're enforced.
Biden had gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for that pesky Constitution.
You gents want to explain why we've had mandated vaccines in all fifty States.....for 50+ years now....

...and it wasn't until 2020 that anyone thought to complain? You don't get to hang this on Biden. Every single State legislature and Governor is on the hook for vaccine mandates, fellas.

You can't logic your way out of this. We have millions of Americans that are just being stupid.

Don't believe me? Then explain why all every single vaccine mandate for K-12 and University Admission is still in place?

And then when you can't explain that away.....look at the vaccine rate from 1970-2020. It's over 90% for every conceivable demographic, in every State. So obviously this means that the people are ALSO for vaccine mandates.

But as usual, you two won't address this. Because you can't square it.
Those are approved vaccines...with long-term results and studies. Not Emergency Authorizations.
DocBarrister

Vaccine Mandates Eradicated Small Pox

Post by DocBarrister »

In my opinion, one of the greatest achievements of humankind was the eradication of small pox approximately 50 years ago. That could not have been achieved without vaccine mandates. Mandates for small pox vaccines were ended in 1972 after the United States completely eliminated the disease. The United Kingdom had instituted some of the earliest small pox vaccine mandates in the mid-19th century.

The mandates were not always implemented in a civil manner. There are stories from the early 20th century of police conducting raids and physically forcing people to be vaccinated after local small pox outbreaks.

Nevertheless, the global campaign to eradicate small pox from the face of the planet finally succeeded and terminated a scourge that had killed tens of millions of people over the course of thousands of years. It was a disease that devastated entire civilizations and sometimes changed the course of history.

I am not sure we could have eradicated small pox today with all of the anti-vaxxer lunacy. Social media and propaganda media outlets (e.g., Joe Rogan and Faux News) provide too many outlets for the dishonest, moronic, and ignorant.

Is it any wonder that Covid-19 is on its way to killing a million Americans … an outcome that could have been completely avoidable had everyone been vaccinated?

The stupid and ignorant are trying to kill us all.

To those who oppose vaccine mandates and refuse to be vaccinated … stop being an ignorant moron … get vaccinated and then shut the heck up.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:17 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:27 am Thanks for proving my point...again.

you are trying to argue that the 'wrong choice' according to you (not vaccinated) and the country, is someone differently leveraged, when in fact they both affect your livelihood, as the young wrote.

Sure, I think getting vaccinated should be mandated. True. And sure, both countries have such requirements, though obviously vastly different in how they're enforced.
You gents want to explain why we've had mandated vaccines in all fifty States.....for 50+ years now....

...and it wasn't until 2020 that anyone thought to complain? You don't get to hang this on Biden. Every single State legislature and Governor is on the hook for vaccine mandates, fellas.

You can't logic your way out of this. We have millions of Americans that are just being stupid.

Don't believe me? Then explain why all every single vaccine mandate for K-12 and University Admission is still in place?

And then when you can't explain that away.....look at the vaccine rate from 1970-2020. It's over 90% for every conceivable demographic, in every State. So obviously this means that the people are ALSO for vaccine mandates.

Those are approved vaccines...with long-term results. Not Emergency Authorizations.
Nope, we have 200 years of vaccine mandates in the US, 100 years of which never went through any sort of FDA or the like process.

EA's are approvals. Based on emergency conditions.

Has any other vaccine in history had as large initial clinical trials? Any had as large follow-up in the initial year of roll-out?
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:17 pm

Those are approved vaccines...with long-term results and studies. Not Emergency Authorizations.
And there are now approved vaccines for COVID (although for specific age groups) that are no longer under emergency authorization. Pfizer and Moderna. Full approval. In reality amazing development of a technology (mRNA) that showed promise in the past but not really used, but developed, tested and implemented with more speed than anyone thought possible.

And two years is plenty of time to assess the relative risk of vaccination vs. disease.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:17 pm Those are approved vaccines...with long-term results and studies. Not Emergency Authorizations.
First of all, the Pfizer has full authorization, and has for quite a while.

Second of all, without using google, tell me what's in the Meningitis shot? 10 steak dinners says you have no idea. 20 steak dinners says you don't know what the potential side effects are. 30 steak dinners says you don't know what year the newest meningitis vaxx received FDA approval.

Millions of college aged kids have been required to take that shot, Kram. And "whoops" everyone forgot to complain about these State governments requiring the shot. And of course, many of these State mandates rolled out when the brand of Vaccine had been approved for just a matter of months. So...there goes your "long term results" nonsense.

Start removing these vaccine mandates. Do that? I'll believe it when you cats claim that you're against forced government vaccinations.

Because right now? It's all just one big right-wing-media-fueled temper tantrum, with zero logic behind the complaint.

I mean, come on. Is your position honestly "I'm against government mandated vaccinations unless the vaccine has FDA approval, and has been put into other citizens arms for at least two years" ?

That's not it. The real position is: "I'm against government mandated vaccines, and yet, I'm unable to square this belief with the fact that we've had government mandated vaccines for decades, and I never bothered to complain about them. Until now."
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:52 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:17 pm Those are approved vaccines...with long-term results and studies. Not Emergency Authorizations.

Second of all, without using google, tell me what's in the Meningitis shot? 10 steak dinners says you have no idea. 20 steak dinners says you don't know what the potential side effects are. 30 steak dinners says you don't know what year the newest meningitis vaxx received FDA approval.

Millions of college aged kids have been required to take that shot, Kram. And "whoops" everyone forgot to complain about these State governments requiring the shot. And of course, many of these State mandates rolled out when the brand of Vaccine had been approved for just a matter of months. So...there goes your "long term results" nonsense.

Start removing these vaccine mandates. Do that? I'll believe it when you cats claim that you're against forced government vaccinations.

Because right now? It's all just one big right-wing-media-fueled temper tantrum, with zero logic behind the complaint.

I mean, come on. Is your position honestly "I'm against government mandated vaccinations unless the vaccine has FDA approval, and has been put into other citizens arms for at least two years" ?

That's not it. The real position is: "I'm against government mandated vaccines, and yet, I'm unable to square this belief with the fact that we've had government mandated vaccines for decades, and I never bothered to complain about them. Until now."

Bacteria

Can I bring 28 people to buckhorn exchange? I’ll take it easy on your Amex and only order the prime rib, but my buddies prefer the expensive cuts…
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:52 pm

Can you name one mRNA vaccine prior to the CV19 vaccine? Here...i'll help you, even google cant answer it.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

What was omicron before it was omicron?"

Has GoF research created a controllable monster?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:20 pm What was omicron before it was omicron?"

No.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:40 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:20 pm What was omicron before it was omicron?"

No.
:lol: Thanks god.
~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:42 pm

No.
Peace be with you
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:07 pm
Can you name one mRNA vaccine prior to the CV19 vaccine?
:lol: Yeah, that "logic" doesn't work either.

Because logic only works if you had any F'ing clue as to what was in the other vaccines you've been forced to take over many, many years. Or what the side effects are of each. You never cared. Neither did your parents. Neither did all the State legislators that signed vaccine mandates into laws so many decades ago. Or the same legislators that "Forgot" to dismantle the immoral vaccine mandates. They're not doctors....they did what the doctors and health care leaders told them to sign into law.

FTR, I'm against Federal mandates for this particular vaccine grouping, simply because we have millions of idiots who won't simply listen to their own personal doctor for this one specific treatment. Mandate won't work.

So...they're gonna keep right on dying. I wish I could make it stop, but I can't. 2,500+ dying per day, and I'm getting lectures from "Internet MD's" about mRNA vaccines.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:49 pm

No.
Peace be with you
Up next, red wine and a cookie
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:06 pm

Because logic only works if you had any F'ing clue as to what was in the other vaccines you've been forced to take over many, many years. Or what the side effects are of each. You never cared. Neither did your parents. Neither did all the State legislators that signed vaccine mandates into laws so many decades ago. Or the same legislators that "Forgot" to dismantle the immoral vaccine mandates. They're not doctors....they did what the doctors and health care leaders told them to sign into law.

FTR, I'm against Federal mandates for this particular vaccine grouping, simply because we have millions of idiots who won't simply listen to their own personal doctor for this one specific treatment. Mandate won't work.

So...they're gonna keep right on dying. I wish I could make it stop, but I can't. 2,500+ dying per day, and I'm getting lectures from "Internet MD's" about mRNA vaccines.
message received.....you cant answer it, well we know why.

That logic works perfectly....sadly, we just do not know with certainty what tomorrow may bring, let alone a new medical bio technology will do to each of us in 5-10+ years; we do it based on blind faith and trust, and some just are incapable/uncomfortable to go there. Which is why mandating is such a touchy subject.

And yes, most certainly, our elected officials and media whores have mind effed our society to distrust. A lecture.....cmon man, other people are allowed to use the same steak dinner bets as you. If mRNA were bourbon, it'd taste like shitt for being so damned new and youd dump it all. ;) :lol:
~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:24 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:49 pm

No.
Peace be with you
Up next, red wine and a cookie
👍
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:33 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:06 pm

message received.....you cant answer it, well we know why.

That logic works perfectly....sadly, we just do not know with certainty what tomorrow may bring, let alone a new medical bio technology will do to each of us in 5-10+ years; we do it based on blind faith and trust, and some just are incapable/uncomfortable to go there. Which is why mandating is such a touchy subject.

And yes, most certainly, our elected officials and media whores have mind effed our society to distrust. A lecture.....cmon man, other people are allowed to use the same steak dinner bets as you. If mRNA were bourbon, it'd taste like shitt for being so damned new and youd dump it all. ;) :lol:

I think a fan is for mandates regardless of any individual situation, just not with Covid because too many individuals aren’t convinced it’s safe?
Typical Lax Dad

947,895 dead….we should tick past 950,000 any day now!
“I wish you would!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:53 pm I’m anti-mandate about nearly everything but especially unproven vaccines which to this day have all of two years of data. Two years. Just remember that next time you demand others take a booster or shame them from whatever activity. I’m quite comfortable around anyone with or without a vaccine…it matters not. I’ll never demand they be vaccinated though.
They're proven effective and safe vaccines, but you already know that.

And yes, we're familiar with your Libertarian streak. Why hasn't the free market solved COVID?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:45 pm 947,895 dead….we should tick past 950,000 any day now!
if we get to a million, i'm jumping to the side of fewer deaths.

Return to “POLITICS”