January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by cradleandshoot »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:42 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:56 am
PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:46 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:09 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:25 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:47 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:27 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:46 pm You made a blanket statement that the oil goes overseas. That is simply inaccurate.
I made the blanket statement the that XL portion will go overseas. Happy to wager on that.

They already have Keystone pipelines that go to Illinois refineries. They're all set domestically.
...& an extension that goes to the Gulf Coast, see the map :
https://www.politico.com/story/2014/01/ ... map-102951
A significant amount is already refined in our Gulf Coast refineries. Look at the #'s in TX & LA :
http://refineryreport.org/refineries-list.php
XL is not just a shortcut. It's increased capacity which can reduce rail transported crude.

Whatever excess that is not refined on the Gulf Coast can be exported from there.
It is in our interests to maximize our refining capability, even if some of the refined product is exported.
Both the crude & resulting refined product enter the global market, increasing global supply & reducing Russia's potential for oil blackmail.
I agree with all of it. It should have been built, and it's stupid to play these games with permitting.....so long as planes and gas powered cars are around, it's hypocritical not to find efficient ways to handle and transport energy sources.

I'm just telling you, they want this line and its increased capacity for export. Which, again, is fine by me.
Yes. It's a way for Canada to export crude oil -- much of it for US refining & consumption.
It will also yield a net increase of Canadian crude refined & consumed in the US. That benefits the US.

... but focus on what's most important. Who benefits most if it's built or denied.
Koch bros pipelines or Warren Buffet's rail cars ? :roll:
Tar sands petroleum production is a disaster. Needs to stop.

https://www.nrdc.org/stories/dirty-figh ... -sands-oil
Curious what you think about this growing topic since you seem to follow environmental science closely

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.popsci ... sea/%3famp
At this point, given the size of the human population, I’m afraid the end of this feature is inevitable. The die is cast. Between the CO2 in the atmosphere and ocean, and the rate of methane from permafrost thawing, the carrying capacity of the big blue marble is going waaaaaaaayyyyyy down.

Even if we had access to virtually free, unlimited power from fusion tomorrow, there is a staggering amount of accumulated issues. Did I mention the chemical load we have? We didn’t just burn oil, we made an unbelievable variety of novel chemical compounds out of those long hydrocarbon chains. Sometimes, with organic lifeforms, novel is not a good thing.
Another chicken littler. :roll: I just looked up at the sky and it's not falling yet... Our big blue orb is doing just fine. I suggest a 1000 lumen LED flashlight so you can check for monsters under your bed.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:50 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:46 pm You made a blanket statement that the oil goes overseas. That is simply inaccurate.
I made the blanket statement the that XL portion will go overseas. Happy to wager on that.

They already have Keystone pipelines that go to Illinois refineries. They're all set domestically.
A significant amount is already refined in our Gulf Coast refineries. Look at the #'s in TX & LA :
XL is not just a shortcut. It's increased capacity which can reduce rail transported crude.

Whatever excess that is not refined on the Gulf Coast can be exported from there.
It is in our interests to maximize our refining capability, even if some of the refined product is exported.
Both the crude & resulting refined product enter the global market, increasing global supply & reducing Russia's potential for oil blackmail.
I agree with all of it. It should have been built, and it's stupid to play these games with permitting.....so long as planes and gas powered cars are around, it's hypocritical not to find efficient ways to handle and transport energy sources.

I'm just telling you, they want this line and its increased capacity for export. Which, again, is fine by me.
Yes. It's a way for Canada to export crude oil -- much of it for US refining & consumption.
It will also yield a net increase of Canadian crude refined & consumed in the US. That benefits the US.

... but focus on what's most important. Who benefits most if it's built or denied.

Curious what you think about this growing topic since you seem to follow environmental science closely

At this point, given the size of the human population, I’m afraid the end of this feature is inevitable. The die is cast. Between the CO2 in the atmosphere and ocean, and the rate of methane from permafrost thawing, the carrying capacity of the big blue marble is going waaaaaaaayyyyyy down.

Even if we had access to virtually free, unlimited power from fusion tomorrow, there is a staggering amount of accumulated issues. Did I mention the chemical load we have? We didn’t just burn oil, we made an unbelievable variety of novel chemical compounds out of those long hydrocarbon chains. Sometimes, with organic lifeforms, novel is not a good thing.e
Another chicken littler. :roll: I just looked up at the sky and it's not falling yet... Our big blue orb is doing just fine. I suggest a 1000 lumen LED flashlight so you can check for monsters under your bed.
So, “look down”?

Actually, I find the intransigence of the obtuse truly monstrous.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

:mrgreen: is
PizzaSnake wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:25 pm

Even if we had access to virtually free, unlimited power from fusion tomorrow, there is a staggering amount of accumulated issues. Did I mention the chemical load we have? We didn’t just burn oil, we made an unbelievable variety of novel chemical compounds out of those long hydrocarbon chains. Sometimes, with organic lifeforms, novel is not a good thing.e
So, “look down”?

I think you chitting your pants over things you have no control over is borderline idiotic. You can knock yourself out for all I care. If your fear for the planets welfare floats your boat.. more power to you.

To paraphrase Little Orphan Annie.. The sun will come up tomorrow...don't worry.. be happy...😁
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:46 pm :mrgreen: is

So, “look down”?

I think you chitting your pants over things you have no control over is borderline idiotic. You can knock yourself out for all I care. If your fear for the planets welfare floats your boat.. more power to you.

To paraphrase Little Orphan Annie.. The sun will come up tomorrow...don't worry.. be happy...😁
Says the man chitting his pants about the stuff in Rochester that he has no control over…. :lol: :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:02 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:46 pm :mrgreen: is

So, “look down”?

Says the man chitting his pants about the stuff in Rochester that he has no control over…. :lol: :lol: :lol:
With an advanced degree that is the best put down you can come up with. Your mommy and daddy wasted their money 💲💲💲
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I just had this “apollo pepper” wing sauce and I’m going to blast a massive hole through the ozone layer tonight. Ear ringing, stomach burning. Can’t feel my lips at all.

Tomorrow morning the bowl is going to look like the Tazmanian devil was in there on speed and holding two brown crayons
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:03 pm I just had this “apollo pepper” wing sauce and I’m going to blast a massive hole through the ozone layer tonight. Ear ringing, stomach burning. Can’t feel my lips at all.

Tomorrow morning the bowl is going to look like the Tazmanian devil was in there on speed and holding two brown crayons
:lol: :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Not this pst week but worth revisiting

https://twitter.com/Schwarzenegger/stat ... apitol-ass
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:04 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:36 pm

:) if you've followed along, I've agreed that there are possible strategic arguments for Keystone. I haven't bothered to discuss the downsides, but neither has been what this discussion veered of into (having nothing to do with the thread topic).

The assertion was that, if Keystone was approved instead of not, gasoline prices would be lower, indeed way lower, right now...which is a total crock.

It's irrelevant.

Back to thread topic.

:roll: :roll:

Of course ‘one decision’ such as Keystone won’t dramatically impact the price of global oil. Heck, a brand new oil field in Nebraska with reserves more than Venezuela wouldn’t necessarily move the gas price needle ‘way lower’ overnight.

Keystone is a piece of a narrative which informs traders whether this administration is friendly to decisions which collectively impact global oil prices.

Almost every decision made to date by the Biden administration is harmful to oil pricing. As he is seen as mentally weaker with each passing week, more aggressive FLP’s in his administration will fill the leadership vacuum and make even worse decisions for energy. Many traders are betting on this scenario. We see it in Jet A and 100ll futures trading. They’re betting on increased confusion and outright harm.
Yup, absolutely nothing Biden and his Admin have done have anything to do with oil prices rising this past year. Interesting that you've done a total flip and are now admitting this is true.

It's also ridiculously simplistic to think that the production and distributions regulatory decisions of one country, that isn't in the top 10 in oil reserves, is going to matter in the supply availability globally.

What does matter, for the longer term, are the decisions of the largest consumers of oil impacting demand. None of those ads on the Super Bowl for EVs were because the "government made them do it", that was simply a reflection that the race is on by ALL of the auto companies to stake out positions in the coming wave of EVs. Consumer demand.

But yes, decisions like investing in the infrastructure for EV "fuel up" do matter to speed of adoption...and all of this will reduce demand, a downward pressure on prices. Longer term.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:38 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:04 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:36 pm

:) if you've followed along, I've agreed that there are possible strategic arguments for Keystone. I haven't bothered to discuss the downsides, but neither has been what this discussion veered of into (having nothing to do with the thread topic).

The assertion was that, if Keystone was approved instead of not, gasoline prices would be lower, indeed way lower, right now...which is a total crock.

It's irrelevant.

Back to thread topic.

:roll: :roll:

Of course ‘one decision’ such as Keystone won’t dramatically impact the price of global oil. Heck, a brand new oil field in Nebraska with reserves more than Venezuela wouldn’t necessarily move the gas price needle ‘way lower’ overnight.

Keystone is a piece of a narrative which informs traders whether this administration is friendly to decisions which collectively impact global oil prices.

Almost every decision made to date by the Biden administration is harmful to oil pricing. As he is seen as mentally weaker with each passing week, more aggressive FLP’s in his administration will fill the leadership vacuum and make even worse decisions for energy. Many traders are betting on this scenario. We see it in Jet A and 100ll futures trading. They’re betting on increased confusion and outright harm.
Yup, absolutely nothing Biden and his Admin have done have anything to do with oil prices rising this past year. Interesting that you've done a total flip and are now admitting this is true.

It's also ridiculously simplistic to think that the production and distributions regulatory decisions of one country, that isn't in the top 10 in oil reserves, is going to matter in the supply availability globally.

What does matter, for the longer term, are the decisions of the largest consumers of oil impacting demand. None of those ads on the Super Bowl for EVs were because the "government made them do it", that was simply a reflection that the race is on by ALL of the auto companies to stake out positions in the coming wave of EVs. Consumer demand.

But yes, decisions like investing in the infrastructure for EV "fuel up" do matter to speed of adoption...and all of this will reduce demand, a downward pressure on prices. Longer term.
Hard for me to believe Joe Biden has not recruited you as a spokesman for his administration. You could not possibly be more in lockstep with his philosophy. I suppose once he found out you were a pimple faced Nixon flunkie and an allegedly " life long Republican of the Blue Blood Rockefeller school of political ideology Good ole sleepy Joe would welcome you into the party with open arms. :D

Just out of curiosity MD, what party are you opening up your check book to??
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Enough of this sophomoric stuff.

You're not contributing to this discussion.

And to all...this isn't the thread topic.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

The Bengals can still win if Mike Pence has the courage.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:52 am Enough of this sophomoric stuff.

Report it to Matt and Admin.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:02 pm

How about we just use this thread for the topic intended and move the climate/oil prices etc to other threads more relevant. I doubt many of the Jan 6 protestors were there because of oil prices. :o
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

I hear Hillary is gonna run for Prez in 2024.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:04 pm

How about we just use this thread for the topic intended and move the climate/oil prices etc to other threads more relevant. I doubt many of the Jan 6 protestors were there because of oil prices. :o
This Fanlax place is like Jazz music, MD. Just let it go where it leads you.
It'll circle back to topic sooner or later.
Or report to the bosses.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

My philosophy is simple enough for a FLP liberal republican to understand. The only contribution you make to this thread is from the perspective of a FLP lifelong Liberal Uber rich Rockefeller Republican. What you have been to YOUR party is a 50 year hemorrhoid that there is not enough preparation H around to sooth the burning itch. Why is it that YOU would never be the featured speaker at your parties own convention? Your party despises you. They love your checks, but that is as far as the loyalty goes. You Rockefeller blue bloods are the Covid 19 of your own party. There is no vaccine to eradicate the virus you spread.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:15 pm

Or report to the bosses.
What do you know about jazz?
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:33 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:15 pm

Or report to the bosses.
What do you know about jazz?
He uses jazz hands when he acts petty and foolish with his grievances?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Doubling down on the sophomoric stuff i see...

I wonder what kind of political person Cranky sees himself as. We have snippets...despises ANYthing considered (by him) "out on the fringe" of either party. He uses "Far Left" and "Far Right" so much, he's become the Cry Wolf Boy who uses those terms so much that they really cease to have much meaning. I mean in his world, there's no poster to be found on these boards that are NOT way out on the fringe.

We know he's fiercely anti-abortion and that he believes we should all "live within our means". He picks up trash and random dog doo out on walks, so we know he's a committed, thoughtful steward of the planet.

We get a TON of criticism on both sides for views expressed around here...without ever learning much about what HE thinks should happen in politics and governance. A member of a party has seen the party swerve off course and is providing a ton of thoughtful insight into that swerve. Somehow that's unprincipled? What?

So how about it, Cranky, can you tell us what you're FOR??

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes

Return to “POLITICS”