Hobart 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Ketch

Re: Hobart 2022

Post by Ketch »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:31 pm Good Q1 7-2, Shea killing it at FO, first goals for Rosa (EMO) and Delano. Herlihy looks healthy and bouncy. Holtby seeing ball well. So far so good.

James Greene looks good out there
Impressive win against a very weak opponent. Concerning to give up 13 goals to them, even if some of them were in garbage time. Some real bright spots out there, like seeing Herlihy again.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

They did outscored the unloaded reserve team 5-1 in the last 3-4min.

Some lapses on close D and a few bad passes but this looked more like the 19-20 teams than the 21 version which is very encouraging.

Great to see four kids get their first goal. Shaifer is a strong second FO man that was so cool to watch him win his first FO run down and score on his first shot. The other first time scorers were Rosa (EMO), Delano and Ward. Greene looked good out there a lot of PT.

Overall a great effort! Now we run into a hornets nest in Bethlehem and a elite FOGO.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Beyond the 9 & 7pts Mott and Archer had, I noticed Madonna at haltfirme was 2/2 shooting w 3gbs, 0 TOs and 2 CTs. That’s an efficient and effective half of play.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Loved the aggression out there, even if it threw them off their game in Q2. The important things are that they did not go out flat and, when things did start of spin out, they pulled it back together. Whatever was said at halftime, they came out with a renewed focus.
i had a chance to attend and saw some things that look really promising: the outside shots were set up by some excellent inside playing. Movement off the crease is excellent, and I expect Ward, Rosa, Delano, and others (incl. more LSMs) to get some goals on the inside. In turn that opened it up for the cannons on the outside. Overall, the parts worked super well together.
The D looked fantastic at times, but at other times their aggression led to over-commits ... time will iron that out quickly, since any mistakes like that will come at a high price against Lehigh. I thought the wing play was a high spot. Shay was nailing it, but Shaiffer also had a few great takes (and a terrific goal). Guys who did not score also played such an important role. The ball movement was solid, with the only problem being a few execution errors. Uncaused turnovers in Qs 1 adn 2 were unfortunate, and again, they must be cleaned up.
Poor Loukas got hung out to dry by his D a couple of times in Q4, but that squad played with energy.
I saw Simas in street dress, so I hope he returns soon. I also saw some nice play from Romm, who must be all healed up. Bach also got some minutes and played well. He is very unselfish, but I do wish he would take a shot more often just to keep the D honest. I also was impressed with Meite today. He carries the ball well.
We still look rough on the edges, but it was a good start. Best of luck to Canisius on the rest of their season. They played tough and I suspect they will perform better than the score today indicates.
catchnshoot

Post by catchnshoot »

Solid start to the season, good to see some young guys making an impact.
Should be interesting to see what the coaching staff comes up with for dealing with Sisselberger on FO.
He’s a beast
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Violence?
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Schedule looking like a gaunlet...a ranked Lehigh team(at home, thankfully), then 4 tough road games(3 in 10 days!), followed by Bryant at home and then St Joe's in Philly...1-7 is not out of the question if things start to snowball beginning on Saturday. Time for the Statesmen to show they belong, FMU 'bart!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Shea currently is the career D1 win % leader at .625. Granted that’s over 240 faceoffs (150 wins) vs around 1,000 each for Datillo (978) and Pedicine (1039), but it’s enough that he shouldn’t be dismissed against a very difficult test this Saturday. Really loved what I saw from the FR Shaifer in his limited time out there as we will need a second guy as the season progresses. Really felt like Pedicine got overworked in 2019 and it may have hurt us at the end of the season.
catchnshoot

Post by catchnshoot »

Just to be clear I think Shea has been great and very happy to have him. Sisselberger is just an elite player and a huge physical presence .
The schedule is definitely a bear the next few weeks
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Of course but it gives us hope that we might be able to get above 40% on the game.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Wing play looked pretty good on Sat and in scrimmages. It's good to have some older guys in there. Shea is good, but it sometimes takes him a few faceoffs to get in a groove. Shaffer gives a very different look. At least it's a chance at 40 percent.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Speaking wing play, I heard we may get Baltzer back this weekend. Wondering if Simas returns as well.
catchnshoot

Post by catchnshoot »

Has Wylie Sherman been getting any run, I know he was banged up a bit
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

He was in the last game. Name didn’t get called early on, hard to see #s in the video but he was in. Sounded like he was working himself back into shape from being hurt.
buzzardmeat

Post by buzzardmeat »

Is Connor Durkin not on the team? whats the story there ? i thought he had a promising future...was looking forward to seeing him play
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

It seems Durkin is no longer at Hobart. Not sure of the story, but he'll be missed.
I wondered if Simas got concussed during the Providence scrimmage. He certainly took a hard check to the head. Does anyone know if he played at Yale?
Sherman looked good on Saturday, but he was not out there as much as I would have expected. I like the idea that he is working his way in a bit more slowly. These out of conference games are great to watch and learn from, but in the end they want as many people as possible healthy for the league games. We are about to enter the meat grinder ...
twistercity

Post by twistercity »

Really exciting matchup here. First time a top 20 team enters the Dome... Big week for the faceoff crew. Sissleberger is a horse but a poor fo Rutgers team was able to wear him down late in the game last year in the tournament. If Hobart has the ball enough I could see our shooters overwhelming a lehigh goalie / defense that isn't adjusted to the dome. Go Bart!
Bartman

Post by Bartman »

I'm happy with last weeks performance as the attack and middies looked pretty darn good.Shea is quick, but not sure how he'll do against a beast, but I'm optimistic he'll compete well and our wings will battle. We'll find out more about the defense and goaltending as Lehigh will test them, especially if the X game is a high Lehigh win pct. I think the Poole Dome will be a slight advantage. Excited for a top team matchup and the shot at a serious win.I'd be more excited for a 50 degree day on the Boz, but at least the Dome is showing it's value.
catchnshoot

Post by catchnshoot »

Great to have a good come , remember a few years back they played Cornell in a dome at Binghamton and one end was dark as night. Poor Jackson Brown couldn’t see a thing!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

That game should’ve been at our dome when the roof collapsed!

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”