Georgetown 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
wahoomurf

Re: Georgetown 2022

Post by wahoomurf »

Curious. Did Scharfenberger attend Manhasset H.S. prior to going to Deerfield?
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

wahoomurf wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:45 pm Curious. Did Scharfenberger attend Manhasset H.S. prior to going to Deerfield?
Nope.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

Don’t think I saw #11 Peter Thompson out there today. Wonder if he’s injured? Not a lot of second midfield action.
fordmaddoxford

Re: Do NOT Purchase Access to the Georgetown Game Through FloSports

Post by fordmaddoxford »

DocBarrister wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:32 pm
rolldodge wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:22 pm I wonder if it’s a big East thing? It’s branded as Big East Network. Which would put it on par with Big Ten network which also is additional subscription and also disappointing from what I hear.
If so, then the Big East is participating in a scam.

An important update:

FloSports wrote back to me and now claims that the $12.50 monthly option was never available. If you notice, that option is in a lighter shade. The yearly plan is the ONLY option you have.

FloSports is now offering a $29.99 one month “discontinued” subscription in its place, which is still more than the completely non-existent $12.50 monthly option.

Here is the email from their customer service bot. Seems like they anticipated angry responses from cheated customers:

I'm Finn, your FloSports Customer Support Bot! It looks like you may be trying to make some changes to your subscription and I might be able to help.

We found your account under FloLive. Although we only offer a yearly subscription for this site, we can still make some changes to your account:

You can take care of that right now! By clicking the link below you will be able to update your subscription settings in minutes.

Click here to access your account and a new account feature. After you click that link, just use the "More than expected" link at the bottom of the page. From there you will be able to choose from a 20% Discount on your year long subscription, or switch to a discontinued monthly subscription for $29.99 (plus applicable state tax) per month.

We should all complain to the Georgetown athletic department and the GT lacrosse office about this scam.

DocBarrister
On 2/11 I signed up via the GU site for the $12.50/mo. option which was, indeed, offered. I was e-mailed a receipt. It reads in part:

Plan PRO-Monthly
Subtotal $12.50
Sales Tax. $0.75
Total $13.25

I also printed out their Terms of Service which specifically refer to "Monthly Subscriptions" and the cancellation thereof.

Interestingly, I haven't seen a charge yet. Thanks to you lot I'll be on the lookout. And ready to raise Cain if they try anything.
Last edited by fordmaddoxford on Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HGK25

Post by HGK25 »

rolldodge wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:55 pm Don’t think I saw #11 Peter Thompson out there today. Wonder if he’s injured? Not a lot of second midfield action.
Not injured. I was surprised he didn’t get any run as well. Good passer and has a quality shot.
Hoya

Post by Hoya »

Great way to start the season. Sounds like the game might have been closer than the score but no one cares about that at the end of the season. 16-8 sends a message.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

Hoya wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:06 pm Great way to start the season. Sounds like the game might have been closer than the score but no one cares about that at the end of the season. 16-8 sends a message.
Hopkins ran out to a 5-2 lead in the first quarter with Gtown making a number of unforced turnovers and doing a poor job leaving openings off ball on the crease. Once the defense locked down they outscored Hopkins 14-3. Initially on the strength of their transition play. The six on six offense didn’t start clicking until the fourth quarter which could also be a symptom of tired Blue Jay legs.
HGK25

Post by HGK25 »

No Haley and no points from Hess, although I thought he played well. Haley looks to back for Penn according to IL article and Hess will put up points as we know. Haley back allows Bundy to move back to a more comfortable role as a midfielder. 16 goals today yet the offense should really improve going forward. That better offense paired with the defensive unit could be some combo to game plan for.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

fordmaddoxford wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:59 pm
rolldodge wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:22 pm I wonder if it’s a big East thing? It’s branded as Big East Network. Which would put it on par with Big Ten network which also is additional subscription and also disappointing from what I hear.

An important update:

FloSports wrote back to me and now claims that the $12.50 monthly option was never available. If you notice, that option is in a lighter shade. The yearly plan is the ONLY option you have.

FloSports is now offering a $29.99 one month “discontinued” subscription in its place, which is still more than the completely non-existent $12.50 monthly option.

Here is the email from their customer service bot. Seems like they anticipated angry responses from cheated customers:

I'm Finn, your FloSports Customer Support Bot! It looks like you may be trying to make some changes to your subscription and I might be able to help.

We found your account under FloLive. Although we only offer a yearly subscription for this site, we can still make some changes to your account:

You can take care of that right now! By clicking the link below you will be able to update your subscription settings in minutes.

Click here to access your account and a new account feature. After you click that link, just use the "More than expected" link at the bottom of the page. From there you will be able to choose from a 20% Discount on your year long subscription, or switch to a discontinued monthly subscription for $29.99 (plus applicable state tax) per month.

We should all complain to the Georgetown athletic department and the GT lacrosse office about this scam.

DocBarrister
On 2/11 I signed up via the GU site for the $12.50/mo. option which was, indeed, offered. I was e-mailed a receipt. It reads in part:

Plan PRO-Monthly
Subtotal $12.50
Sales Tax. $0.75
Total $13.25

I also printed out their Terms of Service which specifically refer to "Monthly Subscriptions" and the cancellation thereof.

Interestingly, I haven't seen a charge yet. Thanks to you lot I'll be on the lookout. And ready to raise Cain if they try anything.
https://www.bbb.org/us/tx/austin/profil ... 1000108975
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

Pains me to say that it is more than fair to fault the Big East and Georgetown for getting into bed with such an outfit.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:46 pm
fordmaddoxford wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:59 pm

An important update:

DocBarrister

Plan PRO-Monthly
Subtotal $12.50
Sales Tax. $0.75
Total $13.25

https://www.bbb.org/us/tx/austin/profil ... 1000108975
Thanks. That’s pretty disturbing. I think the Georgetown athletics department needs to be informed of these issues. If they already know … shame on them.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

HGK25 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:42 pm No Haley and no points from Hess, although I thought he played well. Haley looks to back for Penn according to IL article and Hess will put up points as we know. Haley back allows Bundy to move back to a more comfortable role as a midfielder. 16 goals today yet the offense should really improve going forward. That better offense paired with the defensive unit could be some combo to game plan for.
I put some notes up on the Penn thread on Saturday scrimmage.

Looking forward to this contest.
The game will be carried locally by
NBC Sports Plus Philadelphia.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

fordmaddoxford wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:50 pm Pains me to say that it is more than fair to fault the Big East and Georgetown for getting into bed with such an outfit.
Sadly, it’s just about the Benjamins these days.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

DocBarrister wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:06 pm
fordmaddoxford wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:50 pm Pains me to say that it is more than fair to fault the Big East and Georgetown for getting into bed with such an outfit.

When wasn’t it all about the golden calf?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Sometimes two different generations (apparently you and Doc) do not share a common https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_literacy
Western culture in general and Anglo-American culture in particular is a bibliocentric culture. It often trades in allusions to the Christian Bible,[2] the influential works of Early Modern English such as works of William Shakespeare, the Thomas Cranmer Book of Common Prayer, Geoffrey Chaucer's poetry, and many others.
One of the reasons MLK resonated so well many generations ago was that he borrowed liberally from the Declaration of Independence, and (especially) the KJV translation, most popular with American Protestants of that era. Today, its chief advantage is that it is not copyright-encumbered.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

44WeWantMore wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:39 pm Sometimes two different generations (apparently you and Doc) do not share a common https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_literacy
Western culture in general and Anglo-American culture in particular is a bibliocentric culture. It often trades in allusions to the Christian Bible,[2] the influential works of Early Modern English such as works of William Shakespeare, the Thomas Cranmer Book of Common Prayer, Geoffrey Chaucer's poetry, and many others.
One of the reasons MLK resonated so well many generations ago was that he borrowed liberally from the Declaration of Independence, and (especially) the KJV translation, most popular with American Protestants of that era. Today, its chief advantage is that it is not copyright-encumbered.
:roll:

Uh, NO.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:29 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:06 pm

When wasn’t it all about the golden calf?
When the CEO is in front of congress.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

Gtown will be a final four team this year
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Turnandrake wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:54 pm Gtown will be a final four team this year
First they have to beat Penn next week.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
HGK25

Post by HGK25 »

Penn will be a big test. Handley is a beast. Assume Bowen will draw that assignment.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”