D1 Womens Lacrosse
8meterPA

Re: Stanford v. Syracuse 2/11/22

Post by 8meterPA »

there it is - i love that shot
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Dr. Tact wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:53 pm I have to think that either my confidence in Cuse was too high or Stanford is better than I thought....It will be interesting to see how these teams progress.
Stanford should be ranked close to top 10, not 15 or 17
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Dr. Tact wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:53 pm I have to think that either my confidence in Cuse was too high or Stanford is better than I thought....It will be interesting to see how these teams progress.
I think it’s both. Stanford’s upside is huge. And Cuse is a work in progress defensively in particular. This game could still be close.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Stanford sure looks like a pretty darn good team to me and if that's normal tending for Rahaim, they'll give a lot of teams trouble. This game could easily have been a 6-7 goal spread. Feb 11th Cuse team.
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

I thought Cuse's offense would be way further along than they are. The only consistent offensive threats and the ones making something happen were the (especially Meaghan) Tyrrell sisters. Here's hoping Hawryschuk and Carney return to form sooner rather than later.
Cagekeeper

Post by Cagekeeper »

laxer12 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:18 pm
I thought Cuse's offense would be way further along than they are. The only consistent offensive threats and the ones making something happen were the (especially Meaghan) Tyrrell sisters. Here's hoping Hawryschuk and Carney return to form sooner rather than later.
. Someone on here said it. They are not mentally ready after injury. It showed. Meaghan tyrell is consistent game after game and gets none of the hoopla. Goaltending was awful. That’s a work in progress for sure. And defense didn’t look great. First game. Get the jitters out. Work out some kinks. They should be ok. But boy I. Any wait for the stony brook game.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Cagekeeper wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:27 pm
laxer12 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:18 pm
. Someone on here said it. They are not mentally ready after injury. It showed. Meaghan tyrell is consistent game after game and gets none of the hoopla. Goaltending was awful. That’s a work in progress for sure. And defense didn’t look great. First game. Get the jitters out. Work out some kinks. They should be ok. But boy I. Any wait for the stony brook game.
Yep—that aughta be a dilly of a game. Looking forward to it as well.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

I was very curious about this game. Stanford will make noise this season - cross country, young, veteran attacker out, close game with Nat.runner up. Did Carney really tear her ACL or was it a different knee injury? Cleared less than a year after and no brace, amazing. SU will only get more fluid and in synch ,IMO.

I don't think SBU has the depth to compete with SU 🤷

Let the fun begin !
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

tothedraw wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:39 pm I was very curious about this game. Stanford will make noise this season - cross country, young, veteran attacker out, close game with Nat.runner up. Did Carney really tear her ACL or was it a different knee injury? Cleared less than a year after and no brace, amazing. SU will only get more fluid and in synch ,IMO.

Let the fun begin !
Let's hope they get more in sync... because what was just displayed was the most out of sync looking offense I've seen Syracuse play in several seasons. I think Treanor needs to tighten up the offensive rotations. Too many different players out there time after time and all it did was lead to stagnation, confusion, and bad possessions.

I don't even wanna talk about the defense.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

I only watched the second half, hoping to rewatch tomorrow. Both teams forced it inside a lot. Thank goodness for Meaghan Tyrell and her finishing ability.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

laxer12 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:07 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:02 pm
8meterPA wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:53 pm yeah that's not a charge
Thats typical EH bull through 3 defenders....
Totally erroneous statement.

Emily got to the space before the Stanford defenders did and stuck their sticks out hard (cross-check) on her. No way that's a charge.
I never said it was a charge...I said thats a typical EH move....shes done it her whole career
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:07 pm Tyrrell sisters look great. Energized, in sync and dangerous.
If you are such a good coach (Stanford) why cant you realise that Tyrell is basically cleaning up? You dont really have to worry (at this point) about two kids coming back from ACL injuries, but this one kid is making your D look foolish....They are touting Spenser on broadcast saying shes a great attacker, knows how to recruit...shouldnt she also know to maybe try to do a better job on the kid who scored 50% of the goals....
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

tothedraw wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:01 pm I only watched the second half, hoping to rewatch tomorrow. Both teams forced it inside a lot. Thank goodness for Meaghan Tyrell and her finishing ability.
Absolutely. I always thought she was an extremely intelligent, smooth, nifty, vastly underrated player. A true quarterback type of attacker that can do whatever is necessitated at a given time.
Last edited by laxer12 on Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

Laxfan500 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:11 pm
laxer12 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:07 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:02 pm
8meterPA wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:53 pm yeah that's not a charge
Thats typical EH bull through 3 defenders....
Totally erroneous statement.

Emily got to the space before the Stanford defenders did and stuck their sticks out hard (cross-check) on her. No way that's a charge.
I never said it was a charge...I said thats a typical EH move....shes done it her whole career
My mistake.

But yes she is normally very physical when she dodges; I love how she bullies and slices her way to cage. Here's hoping she returns back to the dominant force she was in 2019 and 2020.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

tothedraw wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:39 pm I was very curious about this game. Stanford will make noise this season - cross country, young, veteran attacker out, close game with Nat.runner up. Did Carney really tear her ACL or was it a different knee injury? Cleared less than a year after and no brace, amazing. SU will only get more fluid and in synch ,IMO.

Let the fun begin !
Agree ^^ Carney....ive never seen a player come back from ACL so soon and without a brace...I mean it doesn't matter what the injury but ACL...maybe not.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Laxfan500 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:14 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:07 pm Tyrrell sisters look great. Energized, in sync and dangerous.
If you are such a good coach (Stanford) why cant you realise that Tyrell is basically cleaning up? You dont really have to worry (at this point) about two kids coming back from ACL injuries, but this one kid is making your D look foolish....They are touting Spenser on broadcast saying shes a great attacker, knows how to recruit...shouldnt she also know to maybe try to do a better job on the kid who scored 50% of the goals....
Uh, ya think? Note that the score was tied at half. One coach made adjustments, the other did not. Game over. Just another day at the office …
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Syracuse has ALOT of work to do. if this was UNC or BC they lose this game by 5+ goals. They have elite talent but i can see better teams hurting them in ways stanford failed to do. Stanford had wide open cutters routinely in front of the net but failed to make those passes..often ending in turnovers. There's gonna be an obvious learning curve for the orange. granted, i do think stanford will be better this year. Alot of young talent and they are athletic, which is enough to keep them in games.
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

Kleizaster wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:32 pm Syracuse has ALOT of work to do. if this was UNC or BC they lose this game by 5+ goals. They have elite talent but i can see better teams hurting them in ways stanford failed to do. Stanford had wide open cutters routinely in front of the net but failed to make those passes..often ending in turnovers. There's gonna be an obvious learning curve for the orange. granted, i do think stanford will be better this year. Alot of young talent and they are athletic, which is enough to keep them in games.
Yep -- Syracuse's defense was awful. I really wish they would ditch the zone. You need experienced defenders in order to efficiently run a competent backer zone D. Stanford attackers were wide open way too often.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

This was a good game for a while, then the Orange found another gear. As rough as they looked around the edges, they still have weapons that most teams only dream about. The rough edges are there. It's going to be interesting to see how the team progresses as the season goes along, and once they get into the iron of the ACC among other games vs stiff competition, like Stony Brook and Northwestern in a little over a fortnight.
Cagekeeper

Post by Cagekeeper »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:17 am This was a good game for a while, then the Orange found another gear. As rough as they looked around the edges, they still have weapons that most teams only dream about. The rough edges are there. It's going to be interesting to see how the team progresses as the season goes along, and once they get into the iron of the ACC among other games vs stiff competition, like Stony Brook and Northwestern in a little over a fortnight.
That’s going to be the test. Stanford is a good team for sure. But they’re not bc or unc. That would’ve been a whole different story that would expose that green defense. It’s going to be an issue for them

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”