Baltimore: A Shining Star

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Baltimore: A Shining Star

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:13 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:43 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:27 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:18 am The dog park easier to identify during daylight comment was foul. Total joke from a joke.
FTR -- it was not daylight, it was warm weather -- making it easier to ID the closet white supremacists by their tattoos

Here is the entire exchange :
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:58 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:16 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:06 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:06 am Fine line, that.
Often, it's just an 'acceptable', 'polite' or in some cases 'genteel' overlay to the deeper set of assumptions about the proper order.

Signaling common cause with those who are aggressively racist, even if one would deny that if asked...

Of course, it's also used by those who are aggressively racist.
Can't be too careful. Watch out for the polite ones, they're the most sinister. To be safe, just assume they are all closet racists, unless they agree with you & excessively virtue signal in a convincing way. They're probably just going along to get along.
Particularly the surprisingly nice people at the dog park.
Easier to spot in the summer when you can see their tattoos.
Also requires a careful analysis of the origins of the dog's breed & name.
You still doing your part by buying tacos from the food truck?
Moved indoors. They now have 2 walk-in storefront Taquerias on my way home. They still have lines for pickup on taco tues.
Nice.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

old salt wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:13 pm Moved indoors. They now have 2 walk-in storefront Taquerias on my way home. They still have lines for pickup on taco tues.
Are you referring to Taqueria El Cabrito, right off of 50 East. Their tacos are amazing...we call it Mexxon. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

What’s that near Bowie area? If you like sugary sodas try a Jarrito
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:16 am What’s that near Bowie area? If you like sugary sodas try a Jarrito
East of Bowie, heading towards the Bay Bridge, a few miles past the exit for USNA on the right. Not a soda guy, rarely drink them.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:23 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:16 am What’s that near Bowie area? If you like sugary sodas try a Jarrito
East of Bowie, heading towards the Bay Bridge, a few miles past the exit for USNA on the right. Not a soda guy, rarely drink them.
Got it used to head out that way a bit, haven’t been so round there since Severn Bank sold though which is going on like two years now and even then I was only up 1-2x/yr
See Martin, Malcolm
old salt

Post by old salt »

Same outfit, same menu. Just opened a second strip mall storefront just 2 stoplights up from their initial location on Forest Dr.
They've grown from 1 taco truck to 3 strip mall storefront sit down locations in Annapolis.
Also in Laurel & Arbutus.
https://elcabritomexicangrill.com/menu/
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

old salt wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:26 pm
Same outfit, same menu. Just opened a second strip mall storefront just 2 stoplights up from their initial location on Forest Dr.
They've grown from 1 taco truck to 3 strip mall storefront sit down locations in Annapolis.
Before we moved we went to the truck when it was parked near Annapolis Middle. I ate lunch in the restaurant one day by myself and I did not hear a word of English besides the order numbers. Good stuff, and you know it's the real deal when they have tongue, brains and tripe. :o
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

get it to x wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:53 am
Before we moved we went to the truck when it was parked near Annapolis Middle. I ate lunch in the restaurant one day by myself and I did not hear a word of English besides the order numbers. Good stuff, and you know it's the real deal when they have tongue, brains and tripe. :o
I am considering hiring them to bring their Food Truck to an event I am hosting. Hope it works out.
~Livy
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Can’t do tongue and tripe. Have tried each at least half dozen times but just doesn’t work for me. Tripe is ok in Pho but not in a soft taco
See Martin, Malcolm
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:19 pm
Can’t do tongue and tripe. Have tried each at least half dozen times but just doesn’t work for me. Tripe is ok in Pho but not in a soft taco
Their soups are really good, ....but confirm the meat contained or you might be surprised.

You can also get original Coca-cola, bottled in Mexico, made with cane sugar rather than high fructose corn syrup.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Have had that sugary stuff many times. Spent some time in Peru and would have (coca cola owns it now) Inca Cola which was the perfect dessert after some Cuy.
See Martin, Malcolm
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Man is this story powerful, sad, and enraging.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ments.html

All about how Baltimore residents might finally be getting sick of the progressive policies ruining their lives. I’m telling you, this fall might be historic.

So when mother-of-five Rosheda hears Fox News host Tucker Carlson comparing her home city to violence-plagued Haiti, she wipes her tears away and nods in agreement.

'You can see it here with your own eyes,' Rosheda, 49, tells DailyMail.com, clutching a photo of her beloved twins.

The violence has gotten so bad here that, not only have I lost two sons, I've lost a nephew and my godson was murdered and thrown in a train tunnel when he was 14 years old,' Rosheda goes on.

I'm not saying bad things don't happen elsewhere but you can't go anywhere in the city, you can't do anything, without feeling fearful of what could happen,' says Jasmine, a hospital lab technician.

There is just something about homicide in Baltimore, we have come to expect it,' laments John Williams, 53, a funeral director whose business is a block away.

'The news never reports it, nobody cares. I see it first-hand. I hear the mothers crying. I see the children of the dead. You can never get used to it.

These are brazen individuals who conduct their business in plain sight because they know Baltimore City will do nothing to prevent or punish them.'

A female doordash delivery driver, a male restaurant manager in little Italy, and an Amtrak engineer. Senselessly murdered.

Things must change. People can’t keep making partisan excuses for this horrific humanitarian failure….in our own country!
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

This is pretty cool if anyone wants to see the various ports in the country. Shipping & logistics are just starting a long secular run.

https://explore.dot.gov/views/PortProfi ... Disabled=y
See Martin, Malcolm
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:14 am The Port of Baltimore is booming.

You should note that the port director thanks one and only one politician for the port’s success: Larry Hogan (R-MD).
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The dumbassery of republicans. This is gonna happen. :lol: :lol: :lol:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:53 pm The dumbassery of republicans. This is gonna happen. :lol: :lol: :lol:
That guy is a damned fool.
~Livy
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:01 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:53 pm The dumbassery of republicans. This is gonna happen. :lol: :lol: :lol:
... he wants to be your next governor. We are going to see just how crazy Maryland republicans are. :lol:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Don’t humor jhu72. Kelly Schulz is so far and away the prohibitive Republican nominee it’s not funny. And I assure you he’s petrified of her. Because she’s solid.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:43 pm

Don’t humor jhu72. Kelly Schulz is so far and away the prohibitive Republican nominee it’s not funny. And I assure you he’s petrified of her. Because she’s solid.
... wrong Kellyanne! Cox is currently favored by 34% in the republican primary. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So what's gonna happen if Orange Duce endorses a republican other than DeathSantis for governor of the sh*thole state?? Lot of time between now and August. :lol: :lol:

Hell, Orange Duce could run for Florida governor himself. Perfect situation for him. :lol:

Return to “POLITICS”