All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:18 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:14 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:07 am
wgdsr wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:48 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:32 am
wgdsr wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:14 amxxx.
i question how we've used them as policy. and what we haven't done instead.

ftr, because of your wording on a post (studies showing ineffective), that i had already adjusted re: study conclusion, i suspected you weren't looking to be provided a link with your 2nd pass with that phrase, as it maybe wasn't what you wanted. (a study showing masks "ineffective" vs inconclusive). but of course you then decided to be your pleasant self.
https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/m20-6817
so... where is that best study? or have i been given what i asked for?
Policy questions are a very different matter vs. actual effectiveness.

Inconclusive is very different from conclusive ineffective results. So yes, still waiting on those, even though we provide conclusive results for other negative outcomes when asked. Not sure there will ever be a "best" study that would make you happy.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02457-y

I have to be my pleasant self because a portion of the population is screwing the rest of us over. And I'm tired of it. And even if we had perfect policy and communications, it will still be flat out rejected by many.
nah. you don't have to be your pleasant self in a debate here on fanlax unless someone throws the first stone at you. that's your choice, my man.

so short digging last night didn't locate a peer review on your best study for me. doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

and we'll dispense with problems with the study as they all have them and you've shown good faith on your end. let's assume it's spot on.

what we have, then:
- surgical masks are "effective"
- cloth masks are "not effective/can't tell/inconclusive"

so for just this one policy decision and you are the new mask czar and get to do the great reset: what do you do?
Too simplistic a question, which of course you know.

Is there a predicted surge in infections of a highly transmissible, too often deadly respiratory virus? What's the prediction for hospitalizations if not slowed down? EG Omicron. With only half the country partly vaccinated ala Delta. Or with no vaccinations and known effective therapies ala Alpha?

Varying situations, but all highly problematic if hospitalizations overwhelm staffing and other capacity.

If dire, you betcha that the 'czar' is encouraging masks for everyone in proximity of others, especially indoors with little ventilation. Social distancing when possible.

And yes, the Czar is encouraging, perhaps even providing, the very best known masks. Or working to get many more such produced. Meanwhile, encouraging whatever the best available 'mask' can be found...a little help is better than no help.

Confused by all this? Look at the Asian countries that have previously experienced respiratory epidemics in recent decades, fresh experiences in their population's memory...what do they do?

Do you mandate wear in certain situations? The Asian countries certainly do.

When do you stop mandating? Gets even more complicated, right?

Seems to me we get back to predicted hospitalizations. At some point (in a country like ours) we let people do as they want if hospitalizations are low and predicted to stay low even with restrictions lifted.

But they go back on if another major surge is coming.
We are not trying to save everyone. We want to manage disruptions in hospitals and the economy. The government doesn’t care about any individual personally. Best to use common sense and protect your friends and family. Can’t help people that don’t want to help themselves. I hear that all the time. If a person doesn’t have enough sense to not wear a gaiter, it’s not the government’s fault.
i get it. you don't want the government to be accountable. until you want them to be.
Obviously.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

do the 15 cases down to none video again. the bleach and shining powerful light one is in the pantheon, but 15 cases is underrated.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:33 am do the 15 cases down to none video again. the bleach and shining powerful light one is in the pantheon, but 15 cases is underrated.
Was that done pre vaccination availability?
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:54 am Care to explain what you mean by "FU to all the unvaccinated" Is it that you are frustrated that you can't convince them that they don't know what is good for them. That "breakthru" infections are lies, misinformation? That covid survivors, pre vaxx, are scientifically, ummm, ignored?
Yeah, a big hearty FU to the unvaccinated who have no reason not to be. If you're not familiar with it, FU is a colloquial saying, an expression of anger and in this case also frustration. Anger and frustration because the unvaccinated are selfish and unnecessarily taking up medical resources when they have to be hospitalized. Medical resources that many other people need for health reasons that aren't their fault. Anger and frustration because the unvaccinated are costing our country a lot of money and misery, prolonging the pandemic and creating environments for new mutations to occur. At this point there is no reason to avoid getting a vaccine if you're medically able.

Breakthrough infections aren't lies. Saying the vaccine doesn't work, doesn't prevent COVID-19 and that the vaccine is fake are lies
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:33 am do the 15 cases down to none video again. the bleach and shining powerful light one is in the pantheon, but 15 cases is underrated.

I liked this better. I am sure there will be one on Old Joe.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Canadian Truckers are doing wonders for our states, Hogan is listening: https://governor.maryland.gov/wp-conten ... -Board.pdf

found this tripe on the internet: https://twitter.com/GovLarryHogan/statu ... LdQXKPmlRg
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Team Joe has done the same thing.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Here you go….

“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:08 pm

kinda reminds me of you around here. ;) :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:06 pm Canadian Truckers are doing wonders for our states, Hogan is listening: https://governor.maryland.gov/wp-conten ... -Board.pdf

found this tripe on the internet: https://twitter.com/GovLarryHogan/statu ... LdQXKPmlRg
Not tripe…..I didn’t see your usual link to this guy:

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:12 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:08 pm

kinda reminds me of you around here. ;) :lol:
How is that spreadsheet that you were using to track covid coming along? :lol: ;)
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:05 pm

loved benny hill. some real classics in there. completely forgot about the mid-range paper towel tosses in puerto rico!
where was the hurricane diagram or did i miss it? opportunity squandered.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:21 pm

loved benny hill. some real classics in there. completely forgot about the mid-range paper towel tosses in puerto rico!
The toilet paper on the shoe was the best. I predicted it a few weeks before it happened. Just the type of guy he is. We all know them.
“I wish you would!”
Carroll81

Post by Carroll81 »

Local school district here in PA had their mask mandate reinstated by Federal Judge under an ADA complaint.
https://news.yahoo.com/federal-judge-ru ... 28155.html

I have not found the actual ruling yet, but the radio report went something like this:
- The local district was set to remove their in-school mask mandate
- 3 parents of asthmatic kids sued in Federal Court that it was an ADA issue
- Federal judge ruled that the mask rule had to stay in place and that online learning for them was not an acceptable alternative

Now all the other local districts are scrambling to figure out what to do.

FYI: the district is Perkiomen Valley, who has a nice up and coming lax program.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:26 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:21 pm

The toilet paper on the shoe was the best. I predicted it a few weeks before it happened. Just the type of guy he is. We all know them.

Speaking of toilet paper, the world’s wealthiest man took his kids to a Walmart to understand Biden’s supply chain crisis via the toilet paper shortage:

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-mu ... age-2022-1
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:16 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:12 pm kinda reminds me of you around here. ;) :lol:
How is that spreadsheet that you were using to track covid coming along? :lol: ;)
Going well, China is crushing it.

~Livy

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Carroll81 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:39 pm Local school district here in PA had their mask mandate reinstated by Federal Judge under an ADA complaint.
https://news.yahoo.com/federal-judge-ru ... 28155.html

I have not found the actual ruling yet, but the radio report went something like this:
- The local district was set to remove their in-school mask mandate
- 3 parents of asthmatic kids sued in Federal Court that it was an ADA issue
- Federal judge ruled that the mask rule had to stay in place and that online learning for them was not an acceptable alternative

Now all the other local districts are scrambling to figure out what to do.

FYI: the district is Perkiomen Valley, who has a nice up and coming lax program.

This judge (Beetlestone) is as abusively a leftist, activist judge in modern history (she’s had similarly dingbat rulings, all of which get overturned on appeal); she should be removed from office and this will be a need for the next administration,

To understand how batguano insane this decision is, it would mean that masks in school would remain until the end of time (remember ‘two weeks to slow the spread’? :lol: ). This virus is never going away; virus’s are always with us; the common cold is as legitimate an excuse to mandate masks as Covid based on her insane legal theory.

She’s wasting our tax dollars since she will be overruled on appeal, but this case shows just how serious we need to take our district court nominees. Any person on this board, now matter how FLP you are, is not as far left as Wendy. She shouldn’t manage a 7-11 bathroom.
Last edited by Peter Brown on Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:41 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:16 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:12 pm kinda reminds me of you around here. ;) :lol:
Going well, China is crushing it.

:lol: :lol:

Plagiarism!! A buddy got an F for the final and an F for the semester for doing that his senior year of college. Two weeks before graduation. He never graduated!! :lol: :lol: It was a Media and The Government class. He picked the wrong guy..

https://m.imgur.com/vR2IPIe?r
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”