All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

NattyBohChamps04

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:30 am
Are we denying that many posters wish the unvaccinated death? Guess you must have lots of people on "ignore" apparently :lol:
You're the only poster I've seen wanting the unvaccinated or others to die, including forum members' immediate family. Just because you want people to die doesn't mean others do. I certainly don't want them to die. I hope people who are able to, do get vaccinated so they don't die, don't kill others, and don't swamp our healthcare system. Simple stuff

Who wants people to die?

And why do you keep lying about the efficacy of the vaccines? You can do your own research since you seem to enjoy it.
runrussellrun wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:07 pmAnd F the unvaccinated, let them die (fittniseasy)
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:02 amYou and I just want different people to die, but make no mistake, we are the same.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:50 am
Are we denying that many posters wish the unvaccinated death? Guess you must have lots of people on "ignore" apparently :lol:
You're the only poster I've seen wanting the unvaccinated or others to die, including forum members' immediate family. Just because you want people to die doesn't mean others do. I certainly don't want them to die. I hope people who are able to, do get vaccinated so they don't die, don't kill others, and don't swamp our healthcare system. Simple stuff

Who wants people to die?

And why do you keep lying about the efficacy of the vaccines? You can do your own research since you seem to enjoy it.
runrussellrun wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:07 pmAnd F the unvaccinated, let them die (fittniseasy)
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:02 amYou and I just want different people to die, but make no mistake, we are the same.
fittniseasy..............means, just trying to fit in. you're correct, no one has wished death upon others, only sarcastic folks.

Quotes from other posters, NOT me.
They can't die off fast enough.
so, many, many more . Guess you missed the "yes, please, death" comments towards tRump and other such "grave dancing " links.

Care to explain what you mean by "FU to all the unvaccinated" Is it that you are frustrated that you can't convince them that they don't know what is good for them. That "breakthru" infections are lies, misinformation? That covid survivors, pre vaxx, are scientifically, ummm, ignored?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:56 am
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:43 ammasks? of course they will help. I wear my "respirator" to supermarkets and restaurants. Or when doing "demo" or painting, etc. indoors. When spraying, outdoors. So, of course masks work. mr. "I am science" Fauci? He was only lying, to protect the supply chain. Yeah....I am weird, we guess. Don't wear a respirator....that is TOO much protection. Love the looks I get......hypocrites. Stay strong Stacy Ahbrams......only the "elite" can do whatever , whenever, they want. Did we mention hypocrites ? YES, force people to take a chemical compound that doesn't prevent what the FDA application claimed it would prevent. It's beyond words.........hand placed in a bucket of ice water, STILL, will claim it is warm and dry..
Why do you keep flat out lying about the vaccines? Why do you say that the unvaccinated should die? I don't, just quoting others.

Vaccines prevent SARS-CoV-2 infections. Really, in this little world of LP, plenty of fully vaccinated getting infected

Vaccines prevent COVID-19 disease. OK

Vaccines prevent severe COVID-19 disease. millions of US citizens had the same outcome, prior to vaxxs emergency approval. Wanna explain ?

Vaccines prevent death.

Vaccines make you less sick with COVID-19.

Vaccines are very effective, but aren't 100% effective. Effective at doing what? What %, if not 100% ?

Not only do many Democrats want the unvaccinated to die, over half of Democrats want fines and prison time for anyone questioning vaccines:

https://thenationaldesk.com/news/americ ... -poll-says
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Thought you were telling us the truth, when you said "infotainment" ain't your thing.

and yet........the forever linking to what you claim you don't pay attention to.

aha..........such a cad.
Typical Lax Dad

These things don’t work either.
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:28 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:08 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:48 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:58 am Here’s my issue with the school topic, APS where I live specifically. The parents against non masking want 100% safety. That’s a unreasonable position that makes “negotiation” impossible. There’s no consideration of cost-benefit, probability, etc. and they mistake the point of masks completely which is befuddling for a lot of highly educated folks in my specific elementary school district. That’s also (maybe not equal to the opposing extreme) not a very civic minded or community way of thinking either.
My position has been this: “The government” doesn’t care if you die. What the government doesn’t want are hospitals overrun and the economy not to be disrupted. No chance of hospitals being overrun or the economy seizing up, then the government won’t tell you how to respond….you on your own. Since I have always considered myself on my own and basically just want the government to protect my rights, I make decisions on how best to protect my friends and family based on what I have learned while living on this planet. Never realized we knew nothing about how to slow down the spread of germs until the government told us in 2020…..can’t save them all and can’t fix stupid. Let these clowns keep hanging around people with no protection as the virus rages. When community spread is low, no problem with kids going maskless. If my wearing a mask, means kids can’t get back to normal, I am all for it. I had my turn.
Makes sense-did you mean kids “can’t” get back to normal or “can”?

2% 10yr…
Yes. I would make a small sacrament if it means kids can have a more normal experience. We didn’t want shut downs, we didn’t want social distancing, we don’t want to wear a stupid mask… “We spoilt”.

No one ever cared if YOU wore a mask. What was bewildering was you demanding that kids wear masks.

The WHO and many other countries long ago determined that masking kids is not only junk science, but also bad social policy.

Only the American CDC, and of course as ever the Democratic Party and it’s online echo chamber, have demanded that kids wear masks inside and outside, to the point where schools lock unmasked kids in auditoriums (and the logically illogical end of arresting a paddle boarder fifty yards out in an ocean, by himself, or arresting with force an 82 year old man saying ‘honk’ to an Ottawa policeman). It’s the absolute height of scientific idiocy to force masks on kids, yet those that do are the same ones demanding to be respected. I mean, the irony.

I would have thought the election of Glenn Youngkin would have showed many that even that reliable Democratic bloc of soccer moms reject this meaningfully insane stance. But I guess not. On to November 8!
Typical Lax Dad

Old news:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02457-y

They are wrong. Masks don’t help….neither does staying away from people. If you have to be around other people, whatever you do, don’t wear a mask.
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:30 am Old news:

They are wrong. Masks don’t help….neither does staying away from people. If you have to be around other people, whatever you do, don’t wear a mask.

A person, running for public office, decided to take your advice. Public officials doing what THEY want ? Never understood the "taking the mask off" when speaking thing. Do children take their masks off, when asking questions in school, or is that only for our public health leaders to do . Stay principled, don't you go after good ole "stacy", that would , umm, make, one....."racist" :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:32 am
wgdsr wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:14 amxxx.
i question how we've used them as policy. and what we haven't done instead.

ftr, because of your wording on a post (studies showing ineffective), that i had already adjusted re: study conclusion, i suspected you weren't looking to be provided a link with your 2nd pass with that phrase, as it maybe wasn't what you wanted. (a study showing masks "ineffective" vs inconclusive). but of course you then decided to be your pleasant self.
https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/m20-6817
so... where is that best study? or have i been given what i asked for?
Policy questions are a very different matter vs. actual effectiveness.

Inconclusive is very different from conclusive ineffective results. So yes, still waiting on those, even though we provide conclusive results for other negative outcomes when asked. Not sure there will ever be a "best" study that would make you happy.

I have to be my pleasant self because a portion of the population is screwing the rest of us over. And I'm tired of it. And even if we had perfect policy and communications, it will still be flat out rejected by many.
nah. you don't have to be your pleasant self in a debate here on fanlax unless someone throws the first stone at you. that's your choice, my man.

so short digging last night didn't locate a peer review on your best study for me. doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

and we'll dispense with problems with the study as they all have them and you've shown good faith on your end. let's assume it's spot on.

what we have, then:
- surgical masks are "effective"
- cloth masks are "not effective/can't tell/inconclusive"

so for just this one policy decision and you are the new mask czar and get to do the great reset: what do you do?
Last edited by wgdsr on Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:39 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:30 am Old news:

A person, running for public office, decided to take your advice. Public officials doing what THEY want ? Never understood the "taking the mask off" when speaking thing. Do children take their masks off, when asking questions in school, or is that only for our public health leaders to do . Stay principled, don't you go after good ole "stacy", that would , umm, make, one....."racist" :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
come on, man........folks in the operating room ALWAYS take their masks off.......just so others can hear them. A pathetic excuse, to all that take their masks off when THEY talk.........seems logical :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

It could be worse. These kids could be forced to wear a mask to school.
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:48 am

ftr, because of your wording on a post (studies showing ineffective), that i had already adjusted re: study conclusion, i suspected you weren't looking to be provided a link with your 2nd pass with that phrase, as it maybe wasn't what you wanted. (a study showing masks "ineffective" vs inconclusive). but of course you then decided to be your pleasant self.

Inconclusive is very different from conclusive ineffective results. So yes, still waiting on those, even though we provide conclusive results for other negative outcomes when asked. Not sure there will ever be a "best" study that would make you happy.

I have to be my pleasant self because a portion of the population is screwing the rest of us over. And I'm tired of it. And even if we had perfect policy and communications, it will still be flat out rejected by many.
nah. you don't have to be your pleasant self in a debate here on fanlax unless someone throws the first stone at you. that's your choice, my man.

so short digging last night didn't locate a peer review on your best study for me. doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

and we'll dispense with problems with the study as they all have them and you've shown good faith on your end. let's assume it's spot on.

what we have, then:

so for just this one policy decision and you are the new mask czar and get to do the great reset: what do you do?
If masks work, why do our do people keep on taking them off, when talking ? The whitehouse press group asks questions with masks on, why the F Jen, or any politician for that matter, keep taking them off? We can hear you fine. This part of covid "precautions" has always baffled........
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:58 am Here’s my issue with the school topic, APS where I live specifically. The parents against non masking want 100% safety. That’s a unreasonable position that makes “negotiation” impossible. There’s no consideration of cost-benefit, probability, etc. and they mistake the point of masks completely which is befuddling for a lot of highly educated folks in my specific elementary school district. That’s also (maybe not equal to the opposing extreme) not a very civic minded or community way of thinking either.
My position has been this: “The government” doesn’t care if you die. What the government doesn’t want are hospitals overrun and the economy not to be disrupted. No chance of hospitals being overrun or the economy seizing up, then the government won’t tell you how to respond….you on your own. Since I have always considered myself on my own and basically just want the government to protect my rights, I make decisions on how best to protect my friends and family based on what I have learned while living on this planet. Never realized we knew nothing about how to slow down the spread of germs until the government told us in 2020…..can’t save them all and can’t fix stupid. Let these clowns keep hanging around people with no protection as the virus rages. When community spread is low, no problem with kids going maskless. If my wearing a mask, means kids can’t get back to normal, I am all for it. I had my turn.

2% 10yr…
Yes. I would make a small sacrament if it means kids can have a more normal experience. We didn’t want shut downs, we didn’t want social distancing, we don’t want to wear a stupid mask… “We spoilt”.
And soft
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

what we have, then:

Too simplistic a question, which of course you know.

Is there a predicted surge in infections of a highly transmissible, too often deadly respiratory virus? What's the prediction for hospitalizations if not slowed down? EG Omicron. With only half the country partly vaccinated ala Delta. Or with no vaccinations and known effective therapies ala Alpha?

Varying situations, but all highly problematic if hospitalizations overwhelm staffing and other capacity.

If dire, you betcha that the 'czar' is encouraging masks for everyone in proximity of others, especially indoors with little ventilation. Social distancing when possible.

And yes, the Czar is encouraging, perhaps even providing, the very best known masks. Or working to get many more such produced. Meanwhile, encouraging whatever the best available 'mask' can be found...a little help is better than no help.

Confused by all this? Look at the Asian countries that have previously experienced respiratory epidemics in recent decades, fresh experiences in their population's memory...what do they do?

Do you mandate wear in certain situations? The Asian countries certainly do.

When do you stop mandating? Gets even more complicated, right?

Seems to me we get back to predicted hospitalizations. At some point (in a country like ours) we let people do as they want if hospitalizations are low and predicted to stay low even with restrictions lifted.

But they go back on if another major surge is coming.
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:03 am

2% 10yr…
And soft
I am pretty sure shut down policy and social distancing policy were primary mitigation strategies and a mask was to be worn if you “couldn’t” do those two things. We didn’t want kids to be home some the give was wear a mask. Not asking much. Seems like we want policy to be set based on the lowest common denominator or based on the lowest hurdle possible because many people won’t wear a mask properly or won’t get the best mask they possibly can…..so best to just scrap the messaging. People still drink and drive. Discouraging them doesn’t help, so why discourage anyone. Perfectly logical.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:07 am

what we have, then:

Is there a predicted surge in infections of a highly transmissible, too often deadly respiratory virus? What's the prediction for hospitalizations if not slowed down? EG Omicron. With only half the country partly vaccinated ala Delta. Or with no vaccinations and known effective therapies ala Alpha?

Varying situations, but all highly problematic if hospitalizations overwhelm staffing and other capacity.

If dire, you betcha that the 'czar' is encouraging masks for everyone in proximity of others, especially indoors with little ventilation. Social distancing when possible.

And yes, the Czar is encouraging, perhaps even providing, the very best known masks. Or working to get many more such produced. Meanwhile, encouraging whatever the best available 'mask' can be found...a little help is better than no help.

Confused by all this? Look at the Asian countries that have previously experienced respiratory epidemics in recent decades, fresh experiences in their population's memory...what do they do?

Seems to me we get back to predicted hospitalizations. At some point (in a country like ours) we let people do as they want if hospitalizations are low and predicted to stay low even with restrictions lifted.

We are not trying to save everyone. We want to manage disruptions in hospitals and the economy. The government doesn’t care about any individual personally. Best to use common sense and protect your friends and family. Can’t help people that don’t want to help themselves. I hear that all the time. If a person doesn’t have enough sense to not wear a gaiter, it’s not the government’s fault.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:14 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:07 am

what we have, then:

We are not trying to save everyone. We want to manage disruptions in hospitals and the economy. The government doesn’t care about any individual personally. Best to use common sense and protect your friends and family. Can’t help people that don’t want to help themselves. I hear that all the time. If a person doesn’t have enough sense to not wear a gaiter, it’s not the government’s fault.
i get it. you don't want the government to be accountable. until you want them to be.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:12 am

2% 10yr…
And soft
I am pretty sure shut down policy and social distancing policy were primary mitigation strategies and a mask was to be worn if you “couldn’t” do those two things. We didn’t want kids to be home some the give was wear a mask. Not asking much. Seems like we want policy to be set based on the lowest common denominator or based on the lowest hurdle possible because many people won’t wear a mask properly or won’t get the best mask they possibly can…..so best to just scrap the messaging. People still drink and drive. Discouraging them doesn’t help, so why discourage anyone. Perfectly logical.
Two years in, 1+ back in person learning (school was open start of prior 20-21 school year but 70% or so vitrual, cut that in half after winter break and full attendance after spring break in 21) I am skewing increasingly towards unmaksing and focusing increasingly on the social devleopmental cost to sub 10yr olds (down to preschool) vs. benefit here on my local level. We are all shot up. But I see my son still nervous when the question of whether he needs to mask at various places and that's real to someone with a limited worldview by viture of a limited time on this planet.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:23 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:12 am

2% 10yr…
And soft
Two years in, 1+ back in person learning (school was open start of prior 20-21 school year but 70% or so vitrual, cut that in half after winter break and full attendance after spring break in 21) I am skewing increasingly towards unmaksing and focusing increasingly on the social devleopmental cost to sub 10yr olds (down to preschool) vs. benefit here on my local level. We are all shot up. But I see my son still nervous when the question of whether he needs to mask at various places and that's real to someone with a limited worldview by viture of a limited time on this planet.
I have no problem with kids not wearing a mask to school. Much different dynamic now versus a year ago. And not sure it made much of a difference but at least kids were back in school. Beat the alternative.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”