All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

wgdsr

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:44 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:43 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:20 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:54 pm
ggait wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:41 pm
when other countries and states had already proved their uselessness years ago,
There's overwhelming evidence that masks slow down transmission. Duh.

Two people sitting inside in a room. One infected, one not. Per the great graphic published by the WSJ.

Takes 15 minutes to pass an infectious dose with neither wearing a mask.

1 hour if two surgical masks.

25 hours if two N95s.

You don't have to wear a mask outside. Duh. But they totally work inside in close quarters. Duh.

https://yourlocalepidemiologist.substac ... c-guidance
our guidance is "masks". but sure better masks are better. but "masks" work to satisfy our guidance.

meanwhile... the overwhelming evidence that masks slow down transmission... is lab based. while i'd actually be open to the suggestion that we've become a big lab, we're really not.
I take it ggait has never seen the inside of school during covid.....it’s comical. Kids touching each other, sneezing in their mask, then reaching in to whip their nose, holding hand rails, flushing toilets.....but the WSJ said a lab said it’s safe. 😳

And strangely CDC says use them, now blue govs say nope, and psaki says listen to both....mmm okay, it’s settled.
our school allows masks off in the gym and cafeteria. when they're all over each other playing hoops or packed in every seat 1 foot from each other eating.
exceptions:
- trouble makers (those that are a threat) are allowed to go maskless all day or whenever they want without warning
- teachers not allowed to have masks off at either place. cafeteria only during their eating block. otherwise written up at all times.
- usual model students -- detention, suspension, etc.

making for a really great community!!! kids should bring their chapstick!
That means wearing a mask doesn’t work.
that means what we've done doesn't work.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:41 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:17 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:14 pm

Two people sitting inside in a room. One infected, one not. Per the great graphic published by the WSJ.

25 hours if two N95s.

You don't have to wear a mask outside. Duh. But they totally work inside in close quarters. Duh.

our guidance is "masks". but sure better masks are better. but "masks" work to satisfy our guidance.

meanwhile... the overwhelming evidence that masks slow down transmission... is lab based. while i'd actually be open to the suggestion that we've become a big lab, we're really not.
You need a study to tell you that coughing or sneezing on someone doesn’t matter if you cover your mouth and nose? In 2022 you need a study to guide you? How about until proven otherwise, covering your mouth and nose with a mask is better when you are sick or infectious than not covering your mouth and nose when you are sick or infectious.
you're concerned with you and the ones around you in a room getting sick.

i'm concerned with.... everyone else.
Each One, Teach One.
that is a historic tradition. i've heard it before, but rarely.

we think about this entirely differently.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:51 pm

25 hours if two N95s.

I take it ggait has never seen the inside of school during covid.....it’s comical. Kids touching each other, sneezing in their mask, then reaching in to whip their nose, holding hand rails, flushing toilets.....but the WSJ said a lab said it’s safe. 😳

And strangely CDC says use them, now blue govs say nope, and psaki says listen to both....mmm okay, it’s settled.
our school allows masks off in the gym and cafeteria. when they're all over each other playing hoops or packed in every seat 1 foot from each other eating.
exceptions:
- trouble makers (those that are a threat) are allowed to go maskless all day or whenever they want without warning
- teachers not allowed to have masks off at either place. cafeteria only during their eating block. otherwise written up at all times.

:lol: you mean it didn’t work for some. Wearing a mask is pointless.

“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Sharing what APS sent out tonight

Atlanta Public Schools COVID-19 Updates February 9, 2022
Our COVID-19 update this week includes information about twice-weekly surveillance testing for athletics and extracurricular activities, updates to our OnCourse Back-to-School Guide, clarifications about our Mask Protocol, and a reminder about our vaccination event at Carver Early College this Friday.

Surveillance Testing Guidance for Athletics and Extracurricular Activities
Atlanta Public Schools has begun the process of requiring all students participating in athletics and all extra-curricular activities to agree to surveillance testing, twice a week.

This new protocol will be in effect as long as the community spread level remains in the "high" category. This added mitigation strategy helps us monitor and identify COVID-19 cases to prevent potential spread.

This requirement does not apply to students in after-school arts activities that are related to coursework in an enrolled class, like an evening band concert. It does apply to students in an extracurricular activity not associated with an enrolled class, like an after-school drama club. The protocol applies to students at all grade levels.

Students who wish to participate in athletics or other extracurricular activities will not be allowed to do so if they have not consented to surveillance testing, twice a week.

State law allows local school districts to impose additional requirements for participation in extracurricular activities, including safety requirements. Learn more about athletics and extracurricular activities guidelines here: https://www.atlantapublicschools.us/Page/67554

APS OnCourse Back-to-School Guide
The APS OnCourse Back-to-School Guide–which contains a wide range of information regarding every department of the school district–was recently updated to reflect the most updated COVID-19 guidelines. You can view or download the OnCourse Guide here: Return + Learn Phase II / APS OnCourse Reopening Guide

Clarifications and Updates to the APS Mask Protocol
Minor updates to the current APS Mask Protocol have been made to provide clarification regarding mask-wearing during physical education classes. During physical education classes, masks are required when indoors, and masks are optional when outdoors. You can view or download the APS Mask Protocol here: https://www.atlantapublicschools.us/Page/66330

Vaccine Event at Basketball Game
APS in partnership with Fulton County Government, Fulton County Board of Health, and Georgia CORE, is holding a vaccine opportunity for students ages 5 and older, staff, and family members on Friday, February 11. Eligible students and adults can receive $100 in gift card incentives for a first or second dose from Fulton County. APS students can receive an additional $50 from APS for a total of $150.

Pre-registration is requested to secure your incentive. Vaccine booster doses will be available but are not eligible for incentives. Don’t miss your shot to get the vaccine and an incentive:
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:56 pm

25 hours if two N95s.

exceptions:

Why weren’t they wearing a mask in the video?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

25 hours if two N95s.

exceptions:

again... you care about and look at your room. there are lots of rooms.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:01 pm

25 hours if two N95s.

exceptions:

again... you care about and look at your room. there are lots of rooms.
Uh huh. All I know is doing something is better than doing nothing. I believe doesn’t something resulted in only 1 million deaths..Doing nothing probably would have saved more lives. Seems logical.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ha! who said anything about doing nothing?
i guess i did... as "masks", that'll cover it... might actually be that.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Wearing a seat belt 90% of the time is better than wearing it 0% of the time.

Wonder how many studies out there show masks aren't effective at reducing transmission. I mean if people demand studies showing ivermectin is ineffective... There certainly are non-lab studies showing the reduce transmission for people who want to look them up.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:13 pm ha! who said anything about doing nothing?
Masks don’t work….social distancing doesn’t work…..reducing gatherings don’t work….and shutting down definitely doesn’t work.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:16 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:13 pm ha! who said anything about doing nothing?
Masks don’t work….social distancing doesn’t work…..reducing gatherings don’t work….and shutting down definitely doesn’t work.
you're talking to yourself.
Typical Lax Dad

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:14 pm Wearing a seat belt 90% of the time is better than wearing it 0% of the time.

Wonder how many studies out there show masks aren't effective at reducing transmission. I mean if people demand studies showing ivermectin is ineffective... There certainly are non-lab studies showing the reduce transmission for people who want to look them up.
That’s crazy. If you can’t get everyone to wear a mask properly or social distance, then nobody should wear a mask or stay socially distant. Seems logical. How to guard against germs changed in early 2020. Things were different before then.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:18 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:16 pm
you're talking to yourself.
I do that sometimes.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:14 pm Wearing a seat belt 90% of the time is better than wearing it 0% of the time.

there's actually only been one large rct i'm aware of.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Come on guys. We all know masks cut spread.

And we all know that when/where masks make sense depends on circumstances.

How big and well ventilated is the room? How many people in the room? Who is in the room? Are they vaxed or not? What is community spread currently at? And how clear does the rule have to be to be understood and enforced. Etc. etc. etc.

City of Denver just let their indoor mask rule lapse. Why? Because masks don't work? No -- duh.

Because (i) DATA says cases steadily declining, and (ii) DATA suggests about 80% of Coloradans could be immune to the Omicron variant by mid-February (due to infection and/or vax).

So it is very reasonable that mask orders would come and go. That's common sense, not inconsistency.

And sure, some people are dopes about masks. When I go out hiking, I loop a mask on a lanyard around my neck. So the mask nazis can visibly see that I am on Team Mask. But I'm obviously smart enough to know that, unlike them, they are pointless to wear outside.

It just isn't that complicated or controversial.
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:19 pm

That’s crazy. If you can’t get everyone to wear a mask properly or social distance, then nobody should wear a mask or stay socially distant. Seems logical. How to guard against germs changed in early 2020. Things were different before then.
june 2020 if we're going by the who. most everything rct prior said nah or inconclusive.

then, the hairdressers happened.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:24 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:19 pm

june 2020 if we're going by the who. most everything rct prior said nah or inconclusive.

then, the hairdressers happened.
Glad I think for myself and used all the history before me to know that staying away from people and wearing a good mask when I couldn’t do that was safer. You were waiting on WHO to tell you what to do?
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”