Trumpista fascists on the march

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Trumpista fascists on the march

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:32 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:17 am Ironically drop-boxes were completely legal pre-COVID in Georgia if any precinct wanted to use them. The only major change to Georgia procedure was to mail absentee ballot request forms to all active voters. Not even the absentee ballots themselves, just absentee ballot requests. The other changes? Presidential primary postponement, and some small changes for independent and minor party filing procedures regarding dates and petition numbers.

So the Georgia 2020 COVID rules were virtually identical to 2018 rules.

:) doesn't fit the narrative.
Can you get Ving Rhames to wear a TinFoil hat? That would fit the narrative.....
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:52 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:32 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:17 am Ironically drop-boxes were completely legal pre-COVID in Georgia if any precinct wanted to use them. The only major change to Georgia procedure was to mail absentee ballot request forms to all active voters. Not even the absentee ballots themselves, just absentee ballot requests. The other changes? Presidential primary postponement, and some small changes for independent and minor party filing procedures regarding dates and petition numbers.

So the Georgia 2020 COVID rules were virtually identical to 2018 rules.

:) doesn't fit the narrative.
Can you get Ving Rhames to wear a TinFoil hat? That would fit the narrative.....
I'm thinking more that these guys trying to screw around with the rules to F the voters they think will go Dem are more like Zed...called in by his neanderthal brother, he wears a badge...butt...
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Shocker who could have guessed that the "audit" of 2020 Arizona election was a farce?

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/07/politics ... index.html

The Cyber Ninjas firm that oversaw the problem-plagued review of the 2020 results in Arizona's Maricopa County is shuttering.

Rod Thomson, a representative for the Cyber Ninjas, confirmed to CNN that company is shutting down. Thomson said, "$2 million debt from the Arizona audit and endless legal and character attacks on the company by those who opposed the audit make it untenable moving forward."

The Cyber Ninjas, which faced months of criticism over the audit's shoddy practices and partisan roots, has encountered a new round of headaches recently.

Officials in Maricopa County this week released a detailed rebuttal of the claims the Cyber Ninjas made casting doubt on the validity of ballots. After assessing the Cyber Ninjas' findings, county officials concluded that 76 of their 77 claims were false or misleading.

Meantime, a judge in Arizona's Maricopa County Thursday held the company in contempt and ordered it to pay $50,000 per day in sanctions for failing to provide records related to the so-called audit to the Arizona Republic, according to a report in the Republic.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/17/politics ... index.html
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Last edited by jhu72 on Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Fascist republican school board in Tennessee ban's Pulitzer Prize winning novel about the Holocaust.

... the tip of the republican fascist iceberg.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:05 am Fascist republican school board in Tennessee ban's Pulitzer Prize winning novel about the Holocaust.

... the tip of the republican fascist iceberg.
I did to myself there’s no way it could be Maus (which my sister gave me when I was like 9-10 and she was in the process of converting) and clicked the link and go “come on man”
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Scumbag Buck the Weasel is being a scumbag once more. :roll:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Truckers wearing their welcome thin. So one of the BLM haters will have to explain to me why they complain about BLM protests causing economic discomfort during their protests and why these same BLM haters have no problem with the economic disruption caused by anti-vaccine protesters.

Could it be they don't really care about economic disruption / harm. :lol: Just cheap talk.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:30 pm Truckers wearing their welcome thin. So one of the BLM haters will have to explain to me why they complain about BLM protests causing economic discomfort during their protests and why these same BLM haters have no problem with the economic disruption caused by anti-vaccine protesters.

Could it be they don't really care about economic disruption / harm. :lol: Just cheap talk.
This is up PB's alley! DeSantis signed a bill granting you immunity if you hit protestors with your car while they were doing something like these idiots. Canada should follow in the greatest Governor's footsteps!
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

More republican fascism, banning books, burning books, banning speech. This from the self proclaimed party of freedom.

Lets all breakout out our flags, wave them and chant USA... USA... USA... MAGA

...today what passes for American exceptionalism. The truth, white Americans are a small, silly people that think they are better than everyone else, while everyone else is passing them by.

Doesn't have to be this way, but it will be if we follow the MAGA crowd.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:51 am More republican fascism, banning books, burning books, banning speech. This from the self proclaimed party of freedom.

...today what passes for American exceptionalism. The truth, white Americans are a small, silly people that think they are better than everyone else, while everyone else is passing them by.

Ummm, you do know Claire McCaskill, who’s the one quoted tweet disapproving of Eileen electing to represent China, is a Democratic MSNBC star? Right? (Btw, Claire is one of the dimmer bulbs on tv, but not relevant I suppose). I don’t think she’s MAGA :lol: :lol:

Also two liberal journalists. :lol:

Anyway, I’m white, conservative, and I positively love Eileen Gu!! She’s likely to be the first billionaire female athlete and I don’t care at all who she chooses to represent. She’s more American in ways, and more Chinese in others. Wish I was about her age and I’ll applaud the dude who ends up marrying her.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:06 am
jhu72 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:51 am More republican fascism, banning books, burning books, banning speech. This from the self proclaimed party of freedom.

Ummm, you do know Claire McCaskill, who’s the one quoted tweet disapproving of Eileen electing to represent China, is a Democratic MSNBC star? Right? (Btw, Claire is one of the dimmer bulbs on tv, but not relevant I suppose). I don’t think she’s MAGA :lol: :lol:

Anyway, I’m white, conservative, and I positively love Eileen Gu!! She’s likely to be the first billionaire female athlete and I don’t care at all who she chooses to represent. She’s more American in ways, and more Chinese in others. Wish I was about her age and I’ll applaud the dude who ends up marrying her.
:lol: :roll: There's lots of quotes, Twitter and otherwise. McCaskill's quote is specifically chosen to include a Dem in order to say that the reaction goes beyond simply partisan GOP xenophobia. But most of the most vitriolic negative responses have been from white men.

There's already a billionaire female athlete, Anna Kasprzak, been in two Olympics and one of the best dressage riders in the world. But you mean billionaire due to fame from being an athlete and leveraging that fame in building business empires. I'd bet on Serena being more likely to get there next.

Lindsey Vonn's net worth is $12 million, Mikaela Shiffrin's is $3 million. Gu may well dwarf these before she's done, especially with the China market appeal, but Serena's at $250 million and climbing. Skiing simply hasn't had the same market appeal. But Gu may well breakthrough, especially in China. There's an enormous appetite for "Western" high end goods and images and she could well maximize crossover appeal.

That said, if this was a play to maximize marketing value (China market is enormous) then I think the critique is even more appropriate. China does not have dual citizenship. Did she renounce her US citizenship?

I'd give her a pass for being just 18 and potentially manipulated...I'd be disappointed if a Stanford bound kid, however, doesn't see the implications of choosing to represent China, the CCCP, in these games in particular, given Xi's crackdown. Absolutely nothing wrong with embracing her Chinese heritage, but citizenship is and should be a big deal.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:35 am [........but citizenship is and should be a big deal.
for what? clearly not voting (in some locals) or getting a Maryland photo ID.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:42 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:35 am [........but citizenship is and should be a big deal.

Surgical. 😂
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:35 am

:lol: :roll: There's lots of quotes, Twitter and otherwise. McCaskill's quote is specifically chosen to include a Dem in order to say that the reaction goes beyond simply partisan GOP xenophobia. But most of the most vitriolic negative responses have been from white men.

There's already a billionaire female athlete, Anna Kasprzak, been in two Olympics and one of the best dressage riders in the world. But you mean billionaire due to fame from being an athlete and leveraging that fame in building business empires. I'd bet on Serena being more likely to get there next.

Lindsey Vonn's net worth is $12 million, Mikaela Shiffrin's is $3 million. Gu may well dwarf these before she's done, especially with the China market appeal, but Serena's at $250 million and climbing. Skiing simply hasn't had the same market appeal. But Gu may well breakthrough, especially in China. There's an enormous appetite for "Western" high end goods and images and she could well maximize crossover appeal.

That said, if this was a play to maximize marketing value (China market is enormous) then I think the critique is even more appropriate. China does not have dual citizenship. Did she renounce her US citizenship?

I'd give her a pass for being just 18 and potentially manipulated...I'd be disappointed if a Stanford bound kid, however, doesn't see the implications of choosing to represent China, the CCCP, in these games in particular, given Xi's crackdown. Absolutely nothing wrong with embracing her Chinese heritage, but citizenship is and should be a big deal.

So I’ll only focus on the money thing but I’ll note you seem guilty of what jhu72 was alluding to with the rest of your post. And I don’t follow dressage :lol: :lol:

Eileen turns down most endorsements today. Before her gold medal of yesterday, she was earning well over $30,000,000 annually. She’s also all of 18. Her target market for now is China, who can pay her almost infinite money after this Olympics.

She’s also a model. Which generates even more stupid money.

Serena is a fellow Floridian and she’s got a great venture capital gig going. That might produce multiples of her tennis earnings and I hope it does.

But so far as what looks fairly clear, the earnings potential strictly on athletic, endorsement, and modeling income, Eileen looks set to be the first achieving billionaire in women’s sports. Radecanu could get there too but she needs to win much more consistently.

I’d expect Eileen to switch to representing the US if a Winter Olympics comes to the US and she’s competing.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

You don't want foreign citizens to have a driver's license?
I'm not in favor of federal voting rights, though I could be persuaded of local voting rights for legal visa holders if that's what a local jurisdiction wants to do...I actually believe in democracy and self-determination.

Anytime you want to renounce your US citizenship (which is necessary to become a citizen of China) go ahead.

Assuming another country will take you, you have the right of renunciation.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... burn any good books lately, silver spoon?
Last edited by jhu72 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:20 am
I'm not in favor of federal voting rights, though I could be persuaded of local voting rights for legal visa holders if that's what a local jurisdiction wants to do...I actually believe in democracy and self-determination.

Anytime you want to renounce your US citizenship (which is necessary to become a citizen of China) go ahead.

... Gu is not likely to renounce citizenship but with the white supremacists running around and their hatred for all things Asian, who knows?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:58 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:20 am

... Gu is not likely to renounce citizenship but with the white supremacists running around and their hatred for all things Asian, who knows?
I wonder how that works, given that China requires renunciation in order to be a citizen, can't be a citizen of another country...

https://olympics.com/ioc/faq/competing- ... ationality

No big deal in the World Games in lacrosse...but if I'm not mistaken, in the Olympics you need to be a citizen of the country for whom you compete.

Return to “POLITICS”