The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
NattyBohChamps04

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:32 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:30 pm
We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas!

How'd that last administration do regarding drug use and overdoses. :lol: :lol:

But don't worry, you can still keep suggesting I'm someone's secondary account or something if it makes you feel better.
As stupid as Trump is I don't think safer crack pipes serving our communities of color would have gotten much traction with Trump. There is a connection that makes sense with Biden. His bouncing baby boy is a former crack head after all.
Yeah, he and a lot of his followers prefer to not address the wide variety of problems the poor face, but rather let the drug and overdose problems get worse like they did under the Trump years.

Still no suggestions or solutions forthcoming I see.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:49 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:00 pm
seacoaster wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:42 pm
get it to x wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:30 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:05 am Pretty fun:

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/stat ... 9291308034
Biden talking to you. Trump talking in words everyone understands, even elitists. Your disdain for "the great unwashed" is palpable.
Sure. That’s it.
What is your position on safer crack pipes?
That old, used up white guys sitting on their couches don't know anything about the problems facing communities of color.
One of the biggest problems for people of color is white progressives treating them like inferior people who need their help, rather than give them a first class education for a chance at a piece of the American dream, however they define it.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

get it to x wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:27 pm

Biden talking to you. Trump talking in words everyone understands, even elitists. Your disdain for "the great unwashed" is palpable.
Sure. That’s it.
That old, used up white guys sitting on their couches don't know anything about the problems facing communities of color.
One of the biggest problems for people of color is white progressives treating them like inferior people who need their help, rather than give them a first class education for a chance at a piece of the American dream, however they define it.

+1

Teacher union cash over the poor.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:18 pm

But don't worry, you can still keep suggesting I'm someone's secondary account or something if it makes you feel better.
As stupid as Trump is I don't think safer crack pipes serving our communities of color would have gotten much traction with Trump. There is a connection that makes sense with Biden. His bouncing baby boy is a former crack head after all.
Yeah, he and a lot of his followers prefer to not address the wide variety of problems the poor face, but rather let the drug and overdose problems get worse like they did under the Trump years.

Drug addiction has no simple one-stop answer (if that’s what you’re looking for).

No two addicts have the same backstory or path. They don’t exit alike, and they never enter on similar terms.

It’s hand to hand combat, one person at a time, one day at a time. You’ll lose many along the way, not because you didn’t try, but because they didn’t want help. It’s the same with any pathology or addiction, it can also be anorexia.

What probably won’t help is handing out free crack pipes to make the journey even easier, for more. If anything, you want to make it harder.

I can grasp the conceit, that “handing out free needles and pipes keeps disease down”, but if you have ever dealt with an addiction, or an addict, cleanliness won’t last much longer than tomorrow’s sunrise.
Last edited by Peter Brown on Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:12 pm

Sure. That’s it.
+1

Great. So.....fix it. Give Americans a first class education.

Every other 1st world country has unions. That ain't the problem.

So what's the plan fellas. Because I'd vote for that. So would every other moderate in America.

How do we give Americans a first class k-12 education?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:18 pm

Sure. That’s it.
+1

So what's the plan fellas. Because I'd vote for that. So would every other moderate in America.

We gonna go over this yet again?

Fund students, not schools. Let parents decide where the kids go. Religious, secular, AP, whatever. Choice and competition has always improved everything in life.

Side benefit: unions would be forced to change, or go out of business themselves.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:20 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:18 pm

Sure. That’s it.
+1

We gonna go over this yet again?

Fund students, not schools. Let parents decide where the kids go. Religious, secular, AP, whatever. Choice and competition has always improved everything in life.

Side benefit: unions would be forced to change, or go out of business themselves.

... but don't teach them real history. :roll:

:lol: :lol: Americans by in large don't care about education. If they did the republican party would have been out of business long ago.
Last edited by jhu72 on Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:17 pm

Drug addiction has no simple one-stop answer (if that’s what you’re looking for).

No two addicts have the same backstory or path. They don’t exit alike, and they never enter on similar terms.

It’s hand to hand combat, one person at a time, one day at a time. You’ll lose many along the way, not because you didn’t try, but because they didn’t want help. It’s the same with any pathology or addiction, it can also be anorexia.

What probably won’t help is handing out free crack pipes to make the journey even easier, for more. If anything, you want to make it harder.

I can grasp the conceit, that “handing out free needles and pipes keeps disease down”, but if you have ever dealt with an addiction, or an addict, cleanliness won’t last much longer than tomorrow’s sunrise.
Feel free to read the grant program here, it has a wide variety of things to keep people safer. Smoking kits are a small part of it, and may pay for themselves many times over while we try to tackle the root problems alongside reducing harm.

https://www.samhsa.gov/sites/default/fi ... n-nofo.pdf

For like 3 pages straight I haven't heard any suggestions or solutions coming from the other side to address the root causes of drug addiction or to help people stay safer if they're currently using. Par for the course.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:43 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:17 pm

Feel free to read the grant program here, it has a wide variety of things to keep people safer. Smoking kits are a small part of it, and may pay for themselves many times over while we try to tackle the root problems alongside reducing harm.

https://www.samhsa.gov/sites/default/fi ... n-nofo.pdf

For like 3 pages straight I haven't heard any suggestions or solutions coming from the other side to address the root causes of drug addiction or to help people stay safer if they're currently using. Par for the course.

Look, we were dunking on Biden because it’s easy in this instance.

But I don’t doubt for a second the general well-meaning of most anyone in the anti-addiction game. There will be some bureaucrats who are just punching numbers and checking boxes until pension time (and I detest those), but anyone sitting in a detox facility or dealing with street addicts deserve more praise than they get,

This whole addiction life is complicated and messy. One of my buds spent time in federal prison for trafficking, but he was as much an addict as were his customers.

I’m positive that the general thrust of the HHS program is solid and well-intentioned. No argument.

I just like dunking on Joe and Dems…you have to grant us this one shining moment in time here today.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:20 pm Fund students, not schools. Let parents decide where the kids go. Religious, secular, AP, whatever. Choice and competition has always improved everything in life.
We have school choice in Denver. Charters, too. The idea that our schools are world class is......ridiculous, and demonstrably wrong.

What else do ya got, Pete? That didn't work.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:39 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:50 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:03 pm We've only tried... checks notes... 6 Republican presidents being "tough on drugs" (and a couple of similar policies from older D's) that didn't work.

But let's all smugly joke about trying something else. Something that may actually be fiscally responsible, lead to fewer overdoses, deaths, and health emergencies that we have to pay out the rear for due to EMTALA.

Great job R's! Pack it up and head home, the job's done and you got in some funny zingers. 👍 And you didn't even have to propose any of your own solutions.
:lol: :lol: But only if they are vaccinated, right?

Now I realize there are some local Fanlax FLP who wouldn’t admit a mistake by Biden if you water-boarded them.

However, there exists (as a fan regularly reminds folks) a massive middle in America, and I assure you as I sit this second in Missouri, they consider Biden handing out free crack pipes to crackheads to be the exegesis moment for America’s left, as certifiably insane as pineapple on pizza. Democrats lost another 5% today.
The end result of this stupidity is on display in San Francisco as we speak. They created a safe zone for addicts. If you build it they will come, and come they have. They put in a nice safe fenced in area for these folks to gather and kill themselves with no judgement.
I suppose if Biden can manufacture these safer crack pipes in the USA he can brag about creating good paying American jobs. Maybe then him and his folks can work on making safer crack to go with the safer pipes? Job opportunity for his son, he has the required experience. Hunter, front and center.. your country needs you, hell there might even be a buck in it for you.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:43 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:39 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:50 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:03 pm We've only tried... checks notes... 6 Republican presidents being "tough on drugs" (and a couple of similar policies from older D's) that didn't work.

But let's all smugly joke about trying something else. Something that may actually be fiscally responsible, lead to fewer overdoses, deaths, and health emergencies that we have to pay out the rear for due to EMTALA.

Great job R's! Pack it up and head home, the job's done and you got in some funny zingers. 👍 And you didn't even have to propose any of your own solutions.
:lol: :lol: But only if they are vaccinated, right?

Now I realize there are some local Fanlax FLP who wouldn’t admit a mistake by Biden if you water-boarded them.

However, there exists (as a fan regularly reminds folks) a massive middle in America, and I assure you as I sit this second in Missouri, they consider Biden handing out free crack pipes to crackheads to be the exegesis moment for America’s left, as certifiably insane as pineapple on pizza. Democrats lost another 5% today.
The end result of this stupidity is on display in San Francisco as we speak. They created a safe zone for addicts. If you build it they will come, and come they have. They put in a nice safe fenced in area for these folks to gather and kill themselves with no judgement.
I suppose if Biden can manufacture these safer crack pipes in the USA he can brag about creating good paying American jobs. Maybe then him and his folks can work on making safer crack to go with the safer pipes? Job opportunity for his son, he has the required experience. Hunter, front and center.. your country needs you, hell there might even be a buck in it for you.

I woke up this morning for an early run, and all I could think of were the free DNC crack pipe policy and Democratic leaders insisting on universal masking while the elite go maskless.

My end judgment is Democrats are simply incapable of governance. They may have good intentions, but so did Castro I suppose when he started out, or Hugo Chavez. Jen Psaki thinks when people of color complain of out of control violence in cities, they’re whiners. Interesting…

Some New Yorker came down to Miami and thought that Floridians would love and support a restaurant inspired by Che Guevara and Fidel Castro. You don’t know whether to laugh or cry at the bottomless idiocy of that move, but is there even a moment’s doubt that this restaurateur isn’t a woke Northeast Democrat who assumes everyone is woke and left?!?

https://www.miamiherald.com/miami-com/r ... 68363.html

I’m sorry, Sean Meenan, but here in Miami, there’s two things we don’t accept: communism and gringos making croquetas,” he said on his Instagram page, referring to the restaurant’s founder.

Demanding that Joe Rogan get deplatformed, spending all day focused on 1-6, begging Latinos to call themselves Latinx, suppressing any and all debate, forcing folks to vaccinate when a survival rate is 99.9999% if you’re healthy….do people really not see what’s going on in this country? This Fall’s election will absolutely be an historic blowout. So my advice is keep doing what you’re doing, cause it ain’t going well in the heartland. And the vote will show it all.
a fan

Post by a fan »

a fan wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:27 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:20 pm Fund students, not schools. Let parents decide where the kids go. Religious, secular, AP, whatever. Choice and competition has always improved everything in life.
We have school choice in Denver. Charters, too. The idea that our schools are world class is......ridiculous, and demonstrably wrong.

So that’s it, fellas. School choice? You boys think that allowing which second or third rate school a poor kid attends will fix it all?

Great. Well, we’re all set then.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:42 am

So that’s it, fellas. School choice? You boys think that allowing which second or third rate school a poor kid attends will fix it all?

Why are you defending a system where a Baltimore City high school student passed three classes in four years and ranked near the top half of his class with a 0.13 grade point average?!

https://foxbaltimore.com/news/project-b ... th-013-gpa

His mom: “He's stressed and I am too. I told him I'm probably going to start crying. I don't know what to do for him,” France told Project Baltimore. “Why would he do three more years in school? He didn't fail, the school failed him. The school failed at their job. They failed. They failed, that's the problem here. They failed. They failed. He didn't deserve that.”

I just can’t grasp why you’d choose the side of status quo. It’s absolutely inconceivable.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:34 am

Why are you defending a system where a Baltimore City high school student passed three classes in four years and ranked near the top half of his class with a 0.13 grade point average?!

His mom: “He's stressed and I am too. I told him I'm probably going to start crying. I don't know what to do for him,” France told Project Baltimore. “Why would he do three more years in school? He didn't fail, the school failed him. The school failed at their job. They failed. They failed, that's the problem here. They failed. They failed. He didn't deserve that.”

I just can’t grasp why you’d choose the side of status quo. It’s absolutely inconceivable.
And I can’t grasp why you’re yet again not reading a word of what your fellow posters right.

We have school choice and charters right now in Denver. Have for years.

Result? Schools are no better than before.

So I ask again: what’s your plan now, Pete? School choice did nothing to fix the problems.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:48 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:34 am

And I can’t grasp why you’re yet again not reading a word of what your fellow posters right.

We have school choice and charters right now in Denver. Have for years.

Result? Schools are no better than before.

So I ask again: what’s your plan now, Pete? School choice did nothing to fix the problems.

I’m not going to do a deep dive into the efficacy and results of the Denver school system which you claim has absolute school choice yet fails to improve. I just don’t have that time right now. I am skeptical of your claim though.

Competition improves everyone, always, in every vocation. This is a natural law not some Newt Gingrich political money shot. I don’t care what we’re discussing. Competition, provided its real competition, always improves outcomes.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Does it?

We assume that's the case, but are "outcomes" always improved merely by more "competition"?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

California, again, missed the perfect opportunity to make healthcare for all a reality. For the poor. The guy who violated his own rule (NFL game/masks) just "couldn't get it done". Yup......taats is real. Can't stand trump, but didn't he pass out candy (opiod money, etc. ) by the aircraft carrier load ? Of course the trump administration, via Congress, had billions in drug solution expendetures. We consider Congressional records and Federal laws passed, by said Congress, as factual. You ?

Bills that became laws, containing the word "addiction", numbers 14,180 for US Congress history.

https://www.congress.gov/search?q=%7B%2 ... tion%22%7D

Bills that became laws, containg the word "opiods", signed by trump? SUPPORT act, for example?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... on-n923976

face it, this money just goes to advertizing campaigns and "non" profit handouts. I like many of the aspects the Swiss take towards addictions, especially herion. If talking death prevention.
Last edited by runrussellrun on Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:37 am Does it?

We assume that's the case, but are "outcomes" always improved merely by more "competition"?

It’s the same natural law that capitalism (even messy, not-completely-fair capitalism) has lifted more people around the world out of poverty and improved more lives with better health deliverables. It doesn’t eliminate all bad outcomes; it merely enhances the overall one.

And Capitalism thrives with competition.

In my little industry we use a marketing line to every airport director: Allow us on your field to compete, for two reasons, we’ll reduce pricing and improve customer service.

Extrapolated to schools and other industries, it doesn’t preclude some unfortunate individual situations. But on the whole, most everyone’s life is better with competition. I’m a big believer in that.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:01 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:37 am Does it?

It’s the same natural law that capitalism (even messy, not-completely-fair capitalism) has lifted more people around the world out of poverty and improved more lives with better health deliverables. It doesn’t eliminate all bad outcomes; it merely enhances the overall one.

And Capitalism thrives with competition.

In my little industry we use a marketing line to every airport director: Allow us on your field to compete, for two reasons, we’ll reduce pricing and improve customer service.

Extrapolated to schools and other industries, it doesn’t preclude some unfortunate individual situations. But on the whole, most everyone’s life is better with competition. I’m a big believer in that.
As am I.

But you made an absolutist statement that I don't see you actually defending above.

"always".

That, I don't buy.

I also don't buy that unregulated capitalism reliably and "alway "improves outcomes"...nope, unregulated capitalism leads to really, really awful outcomes. Just as does "competition" if there are no societal restraints on such...wars are "competition".

BTW, how do you define "absolute school choice"?

I haven't heard that term before.

I’m not going to do a deep dive into the efficacy and results of the Denver school system which you claim has absolute school choice yet fails to improve. I just don’t have that time right now. I am skeptical of your claim though.

Competition improves everyone, always, in every vocation. This is a natural law not some Newt Gingrich political money shot. I don’t care what we’re discussing. Competition, provided its real competition, always improves outcomes.

Return to “POLITICS”