All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

Peter Brown

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Peter Brown »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:38 am
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:50 pm Meanwhile more studies show the same thing:
https://www.aier.org/article/lockdowns- ... -evidence/
I’d like to see a peer reviewed study that showed that lockdowns worked!!!, :lol:
If you said that lockdowns were overkill, I'd play along. But lockdowns don't work? You serious?...

Lockdowns were overkill.

I’m a bit loose with my verbiage. I interchange lockdowns and masks. Masks are bad enough; lockdowns are absolute lunacy.

My bad.

In any event, I see that many democratic governors are relaxing their insane mask mandates, which is a result of seeing in red states the lack of masks don’t lead to excess Covid infections, seeing their apocalyptic poll numbers for this fall, and being caught hypocritically not wearing a mask while mandating others do so.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/08/politics ... index.html

Also, beginning to look like Vitamin D is a player here on answering Covid mortality.

https://www.businessinsider.com/study-i ... ity-2022-2

Healthy living and an assortment of vitamins via a balanced diet is the way out of most bad health outcomes.
Last edited by Peter Brown on Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:22 am If lockdowns "work", how could that be considered "overkill" by implementing them ?
Your daughter wants balloons at her wedding. 100 balloons would work. 1,000 is overkill. Yes, 1,000 also works but it wasn't necessary. thus, called overkill.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:40 am
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:50 pm Meanwhile more studies show the same thing:
I’d like to see a peer reviewed study that showed that lockdowns worked!!!, :lol:
If you said that lockdowns were overkill, I'd play along. But lockdowns don't work? You serious?...

Lockdowns were overkill.

I’m a bit loose with my verbiage. I interchange lockdowns and masks. Masks are bad enough; lockdowns are absolute lunacy.

My bad.

In any event, I see that many democratic governors are relaxing their insane mask mandates, which is a result of seeing in red states the lack of masks don’t lead to excess Covid infections, seeing their apocalyptic poll numbers for this fall, and being caught hypocritically not wearing a mask while mandating others do so.

Also, beginning to look like Vitamin D is a player here on answering Covid mortality.

Healthy living and an assortment of vitamins via a balanced diet is the way out of most bad health outcomes.
No, you posted and defended a "study" which explicitly mushed any and all public health responses into a single binary. Either you didn't read it or you are lying now about what you meant. I suspect the latter.

And you are purposely now mischaracterizing what is happening now as states remove various restrictions as their infections and hospitalizations decline precipitously. Public health measures, including masks, were necessary to prevent swamping the health system, but no one has ever suggested that they don't have a cost. They're emergency measures, not permanent.

Claiming that red states have somehow proven something about masks being unnecessary is pure nonsense...and I think you know it and are merely trolling.

Yes, healthy living, avoidance of obesity, heart disease, diabetes, helps your immune system. (so does being young). 2/3 of American adults are overweight or obese, all with negative immune system effects. 18% of children are overweight or obese.

BTW, the US never actually "locked down"...not nationally and not in any state. We continued to keep grocery stores, food production, and all sorts of other services open with people intermixing unmasked.

A few countries in Asia did much closer to complete lockdowns, with very high compliance, and masks for the very few who were needed to mix with others...and that indeed slammed the door on the virus.

There's no question that this 'worked'...
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:42 am
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:22 am If lockdowns "work", how could that be considered "overkill" by implementing them ?
Your daughter wants balloons at her wedding. 100 balloons would work. 1,000 is overkill. Yes, 1,000 also works but it wasn't necessary. thus, called overkill.

What wedding ? Lockdowns have prevented/postponned weddings, yes? As in, they couldn't happen. at all. Where you buying the ballons from, amazinON? The local gift shop ain't essential, ain't open. Can you provide a "100 balloon" example, in terms of applying less "lockdowns", to real life and being logical in application of said lockdowns ?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:54 am

Lockdowns were overkill.

My bad.

No, you posted and defended a "study" which explicitly mushed any and all public health responses into a single binary. Either you didn't read it or you are lying now about what you meant. I suspect the latter.

And you are purposely now mischaracterizing what is happening now as states remove various restrictions as their infections and hospitalizations decline precipitously. Public health measures, including masks, were necessary to prevent swamping the health system, but no one has ever suggested that they don't have a cost. They're emergency measures, not permanent.

Claiming that red states have somehow proven something about masks being unnecessary is pure nonsense...and I think you know it and are merely trolling.

Yes, healthy living, avoidance of obesity, heart disease, diabetes, helps your immune system. (so does being young). 2/3 of American adults are overweight or obese, all with negative immune system effects. 18% of children are overweight or obese.

BTW, the US never actually "locked down"...not nationally and not in any state. We continued to keep grocery stores, food production, and all sorts of other services open with people intermixing unmasked.

A few countries in Asia did much closer to complete lockdowns, with very high compliance, and masks for the very few who were needed to mix with others...and that indeed slammed the door on the virus.

That’s probably true, I’m way too quick with some of my Fanlax commentary. I’m sitting on a plane right now, waiting for my partner who’s late, yet again. You can safely ignore half of what I say (only wrong because I don’t have time to investigate), but the half I get right, I get way too right, and you should absolutely pay attention.

You’re simply making pathetic excuses for blue state governors. I understand partly why they run scared of life, thinking their health system would be overwhelmed with cases. But we are long past that date.

We have therapeutics that blue state governors ignore, we’ve long had a need for public voices demand that Americans lead healthier lives which blue state governors and health authorities ignore, we have known that children are at almost zero risk of Covid but blue state governors still demand they wear masks and such, and we have seen way too many instances of blue state politicians hypocritically not wearing masks while they enforce that policy on their constituents.

My biggest problem right now is nearly every employee in our blue state ops want to move to ops in Texas, Florida, and Tennessee. Blue state governors and their entire administrations are the least business-friendly people I think I have seen. They bend over ten ways to Sunday for an Amazon distribution facility but god forbid you have 50 employees in their states.

You can ignore those blaring anecdotes as much as you’d like, and keep excusing the pathetic all around performance of blue state governors… but I assure you, come November 8, I’ll be here reminding you what you should have had the humility to admit. That’s of course assuming the moderators tolerate me!! :lol:
Last edited by Peter Brown on Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

so we're back to "masks" work vs masks don't work!!! coming up on 2 years!

this pandemic is kicking our ass.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

What worked? Lockdowns? even tho, they were never implemented ? huh....conflating .

You still haven't answered what they got wrong about the "vaccine", especially in regards to variants.......
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:12 am so we're back to "masks" work vs masks don't work!!! coming up on 2 years!

gotta take the focus off of the vaccines. Fraudulent statements claiming they were intended to "prevent", only make less worse :lol:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

The only thing my wife got cut back on was the dessert bar for our wedding which I chipped in $50k for and they covered the rest…it was featured in The Knot and another magazine for a few reasons but we had three cakes and a full pudding bar (rice, bread, banana) plus other stuff for like 140 or so people. That was overkill and that was cut back!
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:12 am so we're back to "masks" work vs masks don't work!!! coming up on 2 years!

I don’t think it’s even a debate.

https://healthpolicy.usc.edu/article/ma ... -bad-idea/

Proud of my governor for issuing this executive order, now being copied if a little late even by blue state governors

https://www.flgov.com/2021/07/30/govern ... to-choose/
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:17 am

I don’t think it’s even a debate.

https://healthpolicy.usc.edu/article/ma ... -bad-idea/

Proud of my governor for issuing this executive order, now being copied if a little late even by blue state governors

https://www.flgov.com/2021/07/30/govern ... to-choose/
no one thinks it's a debate.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:09 am

Lockdowns were overkill.

My bad.

That’s probably true, I’m way too quick with some of my Fanlax commentary. I’m sitting on a plane right now, waiting for my partner who’s late, yet again. You can safely ignore half of what I say (only wrong because I don’t have time to investigate), but the half I get right, I get way too right, and you should absolutely pay attention.

You’re simply making pathetic excuses for blue state governors. I understand partly why they run scared of life, thinking their health system would be overwhelmed with cases. But we are long past that date.

We have therapeutics that blue state governors ignore, we’ve long had a need for public voices demand that Americans lead healthier lives which blue state governors and health authorities ignore, we have known that children are at almost zero risk of Covid but blue state governors still demand they wear masks and such, and we have seen way too many instances of blue state politicians hypocritically not wearing masks while they enforce that policy on their constituents.

My biggest problem right now is nearly every employee in our blue state ops want to move to ops in Texas, Florida, and Tennessee. You can ignore those blaring anecdotes as much as you’d like, and keep excusing the pathetic all around performance of blue state governors… but I assure you, come November 8, I’ll be her reminding you what you should have had the humility to admit. That’s of course assuming the moderators tolerate me!! :lol:
Well, that's indeed an open question, as to toleration of trolling.

Here's a hint, read whatever you re-post; look for flaws in advance and don't post known garbage as if valid.

You have a 0-100 record on predictions, so I'm comfortable with you making extreme predictions. My own "prediction" (call it a concern) is that the GOP is going to regain both the House and Senate and we will see a wave of Trump toadies in many states takeover key positions, election officials, Secretaries of State, etc. They will be poised for a 2024 engineering of a GOP 'win', regardless of actual votes cast...and the end of democracy as we know it.

Where we differ is that this will all be despite the Dems winning far more votes nationally than the GOP. It won't be because the GOP has become more popular nationally than the Dems.

I have no doubt that your employees are like you, so your "blaring anecdotes" make sense.

But here you go again with the medical misinformation and partisan trolling. Hospital systems have been very dangerously overburdened during the Omicron wave...perhaps you don't know many doctors and nurses, but I do. But keep out of anecdotes, the #'s didn't lie...they were grossly understaffed relative to the demand for services. Had there not been significant public health measures in place, they could well have tipped over the edge. Compliance was high, thankfully, for those few weeks of peak surge.

And what therapeutics are being ignored??? Do you think doctors are ignoring ways to save their patients???

Are you touting snake oil again?

Masks have been required in schools mostly to be able to keep enough teachers and staff healthy to be able to keep the schools open at all, and to slow transmission kid to kid to older family members. It's been much less about child safety than simply being able to do in-person education. That was priority one. Now, with infections plummeting, restrictions are being lifted, as indeed makes sense. That's exactly what was predicted would happen in due course.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Accidental duplicate but system not allowing me to delete

The only thing my wife got cut back on was the dessert bar for our wedding which I chipped in $50k for and they covered the rest…it was featured in The Knot and another magazine for a few reasons but we had three cakes and a full pudding bar (rice, bread, banana) plus other stuff for like 140 or so people. That was overkill and that was cut back!
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:05 amWhat wedding ?
it's a metaphor.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:31 am
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:05 amWhat wedding ?
it's a metaphor.
And that in a nutshell..
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:50 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:12 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:10 pm Yeah, no you didn’t.

All this tells me is that you didn’t bother reading a word of it.

Do YOU think that California and Florida have the same exact set of governmental Covid restrictions ?

If your answer is “yes”, well, this paper is for you!!

If your answer is “no”, no amount of math make this paper useful to you.
I read much of it, I am the one that originally posted it. I also do not need a paper to tell me lockdowns for an entire country were a not so good idea. In typical fashion, you boiled it all down in to that nice binary roux, so you can then open and close your box of choice, depending on which way they wind blows. :P

There’s a reason 3/4ths of this article is just poorly articulated attempts at comedy, bad puns, poop jokes & a strangely out of place vintage Batman reference with very little time actually spent on refuting the claims of the “Hanke Study”. This isnt coincidence, there is little of substance to critic.

It's not a study, it's a systematic procedure for statistically combining the results of many different studies to mislead someone. You don't need to be a public health official to do a garbage meta-analysis. What Bruce Lee, a professor, is doing is called a public service.

Meanwhile more studies show the same thing, know nothing republican lies:

... here you go Miss Information. Peer reviewed article on the effectiveness of NPI. TLD originally posted this a few minutes after your request, but you ignored it.

... don't worry, we don't expect you to read it or understand it.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:16 am

gotta take the focus off of the vaccines. Fraudulent statements claiming they were intended to "prevent", only make less worse :lol:
BS. The pandemic is still kicking our ass because we have too many people without a full set of vaccinations (including booster). The data on that is actually pretty good.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: COVID-19 (coronavirus) impact on Women's Lacrosse

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

livelovelax wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:28 am Totally BS. The liberal left nut jobs and their mouth piece (media) are making this a crisis like they do with everything. Noone talks or reports about the 20,000 people in America who die from the flu every year but lets tank the economy and scare half of America. Figures, most of the closures will emenate from NY, CT, Mass, Cali, etc., All the states that run by Dems. The first schools to shut down? Private schools operated by who? You guessed it. Cant we just be reasonable and due our own due diligence with personal hygiene and listen to the experts, like the CDC?

Something tells me the media and Dems will say we are all ok after November, unless Mr. Trump wins again. Then the crying and whining will go full wackjob and Trump Derangement Syndrome will be the next crisis.
March 2020…….1,000,000 deaths later, Dems are exaggerating….
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:19 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:59 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:49 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:23 am So, here's the thing: a large % of Americans, specifically those who watch Fox, follow Trump's Twitter feed, etc actually still believe that the virus does not actually exist.

Still.

Others think that the virus exists but is less of an issue than the common flu...can't do the math, don't believe Fauci that the virus is 10X (or more) more lethal than the flu.

And both those groups truly believe that this is about 'taking down the President'.

Some even believe this is a Chinese "foreign" bioengineered weapon...

Did the President persuade them otherwise last night?
You, sir, are in too deep. Even the posts from many, that you are in favor of on this forum, has you buried in like an Alabama tick. Your high and mighty observance, clearly shows how stuffy you are and correct you must be, in order to keep your ego fed.

You disavow darned near everyone's opinion, observations, even potential or possible outcomes and put them in 1 of 2 boxes....MD's belief system or they must otherwise be a Fox/Trump follower....GMAFB.

You remind me of the coach/teacher that said no question is a bad on, then when the student ask one....you call them an idiot.
Did I offend you personally youth?

Are you saying you're in one of those groups I described?

Just to be clear if I wasn't before, not all Fox viewers are in one of those camps, nor are they all "idiots".
Some are beginning to recognize this is real and serious.
Not offend me at all md, but your myopic is way off target.
March 12, 2020
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Staying away from people stops the flu but not COVID according to “The Johns Hopkins” Meta-Analysis.

https://www.familiesfightingflu.org/flu ... 19-deaths/
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”