media matters

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: media matters

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:10 pm What you aren’t talking about is how desperate Americans are to get non liberally slanted news. Fox, Rogan, Rumble, Greenwald, Barstool, Tim Pool, Dave Rubin, Candace Owens, Mollie Hemingway, Ben Shapiro…these groups and people are doing great because they fill the massive credibility gap left by mainstream media.
Buffalo bagels. It's not liberally slanted. It's center. There are more Americans in the center than there are on the right and left combined.

Again, you and your partisan buddies are DESPERATE to cling to power....so you tell yourselves that there isn't an American middle, and convince yourselves that anyone who doesn't agree with everything you believe in MUST be far left.

You----meaning both the far right and far left-----can F right off with this game of yours.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:16 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:10 pm What you aren’t talking about is how desperate Americans are to get non liberally slanted news. Fox, Rogan, Rumble, Greenwald, Barstool, Tim Pool, Dave Rubin, Candace Owens, Mollie Hemingway, Ben Shapiro…these groups and people are doing great because they fill the massive credibility gap left by mainstream media.
Buffalo bagels. It's not liberally slanted. It's center. There are more Americans in the center than there are on the right and left combined.

Again, you and your partisan buddies are DESPERATE to cling to power....so you tell yourselves that there isn't an American middle, and convince yourselves that anyone who doesn't agree with everything you believe in MUST be far left.

You----meaning both the far right and far left-----can F right off with this game of yours.

In one respect you’re correct: I interchange the term liberal for what might be the new ‘center’, as center today is the most dangerous philosophy around. It’s stands for war, suppression of speech, and high crime. So yeah, it’s probably not correct to call it liberal, but at the same time, you’re doing yourself a disservice by not checking what the ‘center’ actually is.

All neocons have gravitated to the Democratic ‘center’; no one wants to increase the military budget more than MSNBC, the Atalantic, The Bulwark, and CNN. The ‘center’ is no longer a defender of civil liberties, in fact the opposite; no one wants to incarcerate Assange more than the Democratic ‘center’. No one wants to cancel Joe Rogan more than the Democratic ‘center’. Crime and murder is accelerating in most cities; no one wants to talk less about that than the Democratic’center’.

If that’s the center, so be it, and good luck, because I’m on the opposite side of whatever that is.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:30 pm In one respect you’re correct: I interchange the term liberal for what might be the new ‘center’, as center today is the most dangerous philosophy around. It’s stands for war, suppression of speech, and high crime. So yeah, it’s probably not correct to call it liberal, but at the same time, you’re doing yourself a disservice by not checking what the ‘center’ actually is.
Nope. The center is all over the place. That what makes it the center, Pete......I can tell you what you think before I finish asking a question.

You can't do that with a centrist. You have no clue what the F they'll think on any number of issues. And many don't have a view on anything political at all.
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:30 pm All neocons have gravitated to the Democratic ‘center’; no one wants to increase the military budget more than MSNBC, the Atalantic, The Bulwark, and CNN. The ‘center’ is no longer a defender of civil liberties
Oh, you're not either, my man. You defend liberties for YOUR TEAM. And are against liberties for anyone else. Do I need to pull up what you said about Kaepernick, my man? Happy to remind you. Plenty of other examples. America hating is a favorite of yours when someone express an opinion you don't like.

You don't celebrate different views, Pete. You condemn them. Just like all partisans, left or right.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:16 pm

I know what they are but every time you use Buffalo bagels I have it in my mind those nyc crack water bagels infused with wing sauce, a nice fried egg and some cheese and it makes me moist inside…
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:53 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:30 pm In one respect you’re correct: I interchange the term liberal for what might be the new ‘center’, as center today is the most dangerous philosophy around. It’s stands for war, suppression of speech, and high crime. So yeah, it’s probably not correct to call it liberal, but at the same time, you’re doing yourself a disservice by not checking what the ‘center’ actually is.
Nope. The center is all over the place. That what makes it the center, Pete......I can tell you what you think before I finish asking a question.

You can't do that with a centrist. You have no clue what the F they'll think on any number of issues. And many don't have a view on anything political at all.
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:30 pm All neocons have gravitated to the Democratic ‘center’; no one wants to increase the military budget more than MSNBC, the Atalantic, The Bulwark, and CNN. The ‘center’ is no longer a defender of civil liberties
Oh, you're not either, my man. You defend liberties for YOUR TEAM. And are against liberties for anyone else. Do I need to pull up what you said about Kaepernick, my man? Happy to remind you. Plenty of other examples. America hating is a favorite of yours when someone express an opinion you don't like.

You don't celebrate different views, Pete. You condemn them. Just like all partisans, left or right.

What did I say about Colin Kapernick? I’m actually curious. My general thought is he’s free to express his opinion, and I certainly would never go out of my way to boycott him or cancel him. I really don’t care enough to think about him beyond Fanlax,

I do think he’d be poison to any team that hires him. Why? Two reasons: 1) he’d alienate about 90% of any fan base and 2) he’s more about social stances than football success. Nothing wrong with that, by the way. I just wouldn’t sign him.

So far as companies that support him, again, I don’t care one way or the other. If Nike supports him, god bless…free country. I’m not gonna sign up to cancel culture mobs that try to drag him down. He actually seems like a guy who believes strongly in his positions, which I respect even though I might not completely agree with everything he says. I actually do agree with him on certain prison reform issues.

So tell me what YOU think I believe.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I think Petey joined the threads after the Kaepernick protest, so not sure he did comment...at least not at the time.

But I did go back and look at a few of his very earliest posts, which are very strange...he's many times told us, when confronted directly, that he did not play lacrosse, not in high school, not anywhere...nor did his kids (claimed his father went to Loyola, thus his trolling incessantly the Hopkins thread as an anti-Hopkins guy and over the top enthusiast about Loyola)...yet, here I find him claiming quite the opposite, while trolling negatively about the MIAA...

Peter Brown
Re: MIAA A Conference
Report Quote
Post by Peter Brown » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:52 pm

ultimatelaxbro wrote: ↑Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:24 pm
Not sure where all this MIAA bashing is coming from. Seems to me that throughout the season multiple MIAA teams have knocked off other top 25 teams both inside and outside of the conference. There has also been growth and development of quality high school lacrosse outside of the traditional pockets over the past 10 years. The MIAA A conference still shines nationally. Plus, by the time playoffs come around very few teams across the country will be as battle tested and prepared handle the most important part of the season.

Let's distinguish PrimeTime21 from me; he might be a bit of a troll, whereas I am simply a concerend MIAA grad and fan.

For starters, I think Ty Xanders does a great job, as do Inside Lacrosse. Let me get that out of the way. I am a fan of both and think they put in tons of hours to give the fan information we never had before.

My point about yesterday's game and the MIAA in general is I was sort of shocked at how St. Paul's in particular played. I expect MIAA to be tops, especially at the little things like throwing and catching, basic stick skills, staying onsides, not causing avoidable penalties, good body positioning on defense, slides, etc... My expectations are high because some of the best high school lacrosse I've ever seen have been games played by MIAA teams, and I assume we get better, not worse.

What I saw yesterday was play which was, to be frank, embarrassing, certainly not what I hope to be MIAA caliber. I bet SP gave the ball up on unforced turnovers at least 15x in the first half...it was downright ugly lacrosse. And you have the right to wonder why or how Gilman could not beat that level of play, but I'm skipping past the SP goalie and FOGO, who did wonderfully and are excellent competitors and essentially saved the game for the Crusaders.

I just wonder if our kids in MD have the same drive we did when we were kids...playing wall-ball for hours, cranking shots in our backyards til the night fell. Because, and again excepting CHC, my own observation is MIAA caliber play has slipped noticeably the past few years. Yesterday really drove it home for me. The MIAA will always have excellent individuals, such as Pat Spencer, but what used to be a more evenly distributed level of skill across all teams, seems to be less evenly distributed, and the play is suffering as a result.

And let's also be real: I could have caught yet another game where I saw only the worst plays. What makes me skeptical that I only catch the few bad minutes is knowing that a team from Connecticut literally crushed Boy's Latin and would have run up the score way worse than it was were it not for the decency of an opposing coach. That alone should wake some folks up.

Just weirdly trolling. As he has been, ever since, just on other topics.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:05 pm What did I say about Colin Kapernick?
Same nonsense you say about anyone who doesn't have a little R by their name, and says anything bad about America or its leaders, Pete.
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:05 pm I do think he’d be poison to any team that hires him. Why? Two reasons: 1) he’d alienate about 90% of any fan base
90% Not possible. You told me that only Democrats and liberals are part of cancel culture, Pete. You think libs comprise 90% of NFL fans?

Republicans LOVE free speech, remember? And would NEVER put someone out of a job simply because they said or did something that was unpopular. Trump and your Republicans leaders LOVED what Kaepernick said, my man. Don't you remember?

.....I gotta say, even just typing that out, that wow, we have some really, really dumb Americans out there. They flip out over the treatment that Rogan is getting....but if you ask them about how they handled it when other famous Americans said something that THEY didn't like? Oh, suddenly they just can't remember. Or say "oh, that wasn't me". Riiiight.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

CU88 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:36 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:25 pm
CU88 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:21 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:02 pm
CU88 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:21 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:20 pm
CU88 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:55 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:07 am
CU88 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:51 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:29 pm
CU88 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:17 pm Faux news viewers must be idiots. This morning Faux spent over an hour happily reporting of massive job loses in January:

https://twitter.com/Craigipedia/status/ ... 4857212941

Only to be complain slapped with the facts.
If your listening to Fox news then does that simple fact also make you an idiot by association?? :| :D
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll:
Why sign out now? I can live rent free in your brain. Your updates about what the 24/7 news networks are up to are invaluable to those of us that never watch these networks. Keep up the good work. ;) It must be painful for you watching Hannity and Tucker night after night after night. Your willing to take one for the team...
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
I enjoy free rent!!
:D FREE RENT

FREE RENT BABY.. :)
🤪
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:45 am
CU88 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:17 pm Faux news viewers must be idiots. This morning Faux spent over an hour happily reporting of massive job loses in January:

If your listening to Fox news then does that simple fact also make you an idiot by association?? :| :D
Why sign out now? I can live rent free in your brain. Your updates about what the 24/7 news networks are up to are invaluable to those of us that never watch these networks. Keep up the good work. ;) It must be painful for you watching Hannity and Tucker night after night after night. Your willing to take one for the team...
I enjoy free rent!!

🤪
:roll: :roll: :roll:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

:P
CU88 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:55 am

I enjoy free rent!!

🤪
Bob Ross:
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

I enjoy free rent!!

🤪
"I know you are, but what am I?" kind of went out in 3rd grade. That would have been 1964 for me. :lol: :lol:
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

get it to x wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:20 am

I enjoy free rent!!

🤪
"I know you are, but what am I?" kind of went out in 3rd grade. That would have been 1964 for me. :lol: :lol:
Could you BOLD your comments for me X. I don't understand what your saying. ;)
Bob Ross:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:42 am

I enjoy free rent!!

🤪

One of the more interesting developments over the past few years ahead been the infantilism of so much of the left’s argumentation. You see it nearly everywhere online.

Mika Brzezinski, not exactly an intellectual heavyweight, this morning called for the deplatforming of Joe Rogan, not unexpected tbh. Then she pivoted immediately to asking people to support her event in Abu Dhabi next week. Abu Dhabi might be one of the more restrictive societies in the universe today; there is no LGBT society, no anti-government messaging. There’s no real justice system either.

But it’s Rogan who needs to be silenced.

The brazen hypocrisy never ceases to amaze me. And zero Democrats will understand this sensible observation. Please correct me if I’m wrong.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:51 am

I enjoy free rent!!

🤪

One of the more interesting developments over the past few years ahead been the infantilism of so much of the left’s argumentation. You see it nearly everywhere online.

Mika Brzezinski, not exactly an intellectual heavyweight, this morning called for the deplatforming of Joe Rogan, not unexpected tbh. Then she pivoted immediately to asking people to support her event in Abu Dhabi next week. Abu Dhabi might be one of the more restrictive societies in the universe today; there is no LGBT society, no anti-government messaging. There’s no real justice system either.

The brazen hypocrisy never ceases to amaze me. And zero Democrats will understand this sensible observation. Please correct me if I’m wrong.
So how does that racist very famous FLP director Quentin Tarantino figure into this equation? He has spent a career infusing the N word into all of his most popular movies. Does he get a pass simply because the FLP dickheads simply love his work. I'm guessing they give him a pass on the grounds of artistic license. None of you FLP elitist types have ever raised a finger to censor the work of your hollywood idol. I bet some of you may have even watched Pulp Fiction over the weekend admiring John Travolta sipping on a 5 dollar milkshake...
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:06 am
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:51 am

I enjoy free rent!!

🤪

So how does that racist very famous FLP director Quentin Tarantino figure into this equation? He has spent a career infusing the N word into all of his most popular movies. Does he get a pass simply because the FLP dickheads simply love his work. I'm guessing they give him a pass on the grounds of artistic license. None of you FLP elitist types have ever raised a finger to censor the work of your hollywood idol. I bet some of you may have even watched Pulp Fiction over the weekend admiring John Travolta sipping on a 5 dollar milkshake...
Petey makes a valid point re Abu Dhabi...it would be interesting to ask the question, 'why have the conference on high achieving women there?"...might well be to challenge that society to continue to evolve to international standards. But it's a fair question...

On Tarantino, I think it's entirely different to portray society, warts and all, in various artistic forms, including film, and quite another thing to not understand that one's own usage in real life should be constrained. https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/samuel-l-j ... no-racist/

Again, I cut Rogan some slack for not having understood that some years ago (can't cut him slack for the Planet of the Apes comment, that's an obvious racist trope...) and I don't cut him slack for the "all-black neighborhood" comment when actually trying to "apologize"...think harder, Joe.

Rogan would find other platforms if he was taken off of Spotify. There are plenty that don't care about attracting as broad and young an audience as does Spotify. He can say anything he wants, just not use certain bullhorns, have to use others.

But it's going to take a lot more to motivate Spotify to act further. So far, they're definitely paying attention.

Personally, I think it's a good moment for everyone to think about their values a bit.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Infantilization of argumentation and boycott / cancel culture is indeed insidious at times. Funny that some people think it's only one side.

Cancel Starbucks
Cancel Carhartt
Cancel Whole Foods
Cancel Nike, Keurig, Kellogg's, Coca-Cola, Walmart, Netflix, Budweiser, Oreos, Target, Pepsi, Gilette, Nordstrom, the NFL, Univision, Macy's, CNN, HBO...

It gets exhausting trying to follow everything the right wing wants to boycott and cancel with their reductionist argumentation. Here's a handy list, but it's a little old and needs updating.

https://www.netaxpayers.org/archives/4956
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:06 am Infantilization of argumentation and boycott / cancel culture is indeed insidious at times. Funny that some people think it's only one side.

Cancel Starbucks
Cancel Carhartt
Cancel Whole Foods
Cancel Nike, Keurig, Kellogg's, Coca-Cola, Walmart, Netflix, Budweiser, Oreos, Target, Pepsi, Gilette, Nordstrom, the NFL, Univision, Macy's, CNN, HBO...

It gets exhausting trying to follow everything the right wing wants to boycott and cancel with their reductionist argumentation. Here's a handy list, but it's a little old and needs updating.

https://www.netaxpayers.org/archives/4956
Some of these brands are on the way out. Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Macy's, CNN. Their wokeness is a way for them to remain relevant.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
CU88

Post by CU88 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:52 am :P

I enjoy free rent!!

🤪

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:10 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:05 pm What did I say about Colin Kapernick?
Same nonsense you say about anyone who doesn't have a little R by their name, and says anything bad about America or its leaders, Pete.
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:05 pm I do think he’d be poison to any team that hires him. Why? Two reasons: 1) he’d alienate about 90% of any fan base
90% Not possible. You told me that only Democrats and liberals are part of cancel culture, Pete. You think libs comprise 90% of NFL fans?

Republicans LOVE free speech, remember? And would NEVER put someone out of a job simply because they said or did something that was unpopular. Trump and your Republicans leaders LOVED what Kaepernick said, my man. Don't you remember?

.....I gotta say, even just typing that out, that wow, we have some really, really dumb Americans out there. They flip out over the treatment that Rogan is getting....but if you ask them about how they handled it when other famous Americans said something that THEY didn't like? Oh, suddenly they just can't remember. Or say "oh, that wasn't me". Riiiight.
Maybe he’s Roger goodell?

The NFL always wins
Kendall Baker
Kendall Baker, author of Sports
Illustration a football helmet with with a halo next to another with devil horns
Illustration: Sarah Grillo/Axios
America is obsessed with football — a love affair that has allowed the NFL to tighten its already-firm grip on our culture despite mounting scandals.

The big picture: From brain injuries to toxic workplaces to racism allegations, the NFL is no stranger to outrage. Then Sunday arrives, and all is seemingly forgiven.

That will be the case once again this week, as the same networks currently reporting on the Brian Flores lawsuit and Commanders harassment allegations will begin promoting the Super Bowl.
NFL fans, much like those networks, have shown a willingness to separate the product from the business, which has made the league impervious to gaffes that would doom most organizations.
State of play: The NFL has arguably never been more entertaining than it was this season, delivering unrivaled parity, a record number of close games and thrilling playoff drama.

The league accounted for 41 of the 50 most-watched U.S. broadcasts in 2021, which explains why its media partners are willing to pay more than $100 billion over the next decade-plus to broadcast games.
The Broncos' sale price could exceed $4 billion, which would smash the record for richest sports team sale. Sunday's Super Bowl will be played in the most expensive sports venue ever built (~$5.5 billion).
The other side: The NFL has reached these heights despite spending the past decade mired in controversy. A few demons that aren't going away:

Brain injuries: In 2013, the NFL agreed to a $765 million settlement after retired players alleged the league concealed what it knew about concussions. A few years later, a neuropathologist examined the brains of 111 deceased NFL players, and all but one had CTE, a brain disease linked with repeated blows to the head.
Racism concerns: Roughly 70% of NFL players are Black, but Mike Tomlin is the only active Black head coach. There's also the "race norming" practice used in the concussion settlement, Jon Gruden's emails and the Kaepernick saga and collusion lawsuit.
Lack of accountability: The NFL's investigation into misconduct allegations in Washington hasn't been transparent, and Commanders owner Dan Snyder may have control over whether the results are made public — a reminder that Roger Goodell works for the owners, not with them.
By the numbers: NFL fans may be divided when it comes to issues like kneeling during the national anthem, but in general, most feel the same way about the league: They love it.

51% of Americans are professional football fans, according to a 2021 Axios-Ipsos poll. No other sport cracked 40%.
That includes 51% of Democrats, 50% of Republicans and 55% of independents. The NFL is also equally favored by Black and white Americans.
The last word: "The NFL doesn't care about your concerns, because the NFL doesn’t have to," as NYT's Kurt Streeter put it — not as long as viewership, revenue and franchise values continue to outpace every other sports league on Earth.
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

CU88 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:20 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:52 am :P

I enjoy free rent!!

🤪

😘
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”