All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

Bart

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Bart »

Good review article on the role of T-Cells in COVID.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41590-021-01122-w
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:26 amSo we agree....there is more to learn, and because we do not have access (that I know of), we cant get that granular data...yet another why. But you'd rather crap on the person for introducing a point of discussion that holds a glaring concern and to be even cynical argue is color of line is a tell that his point is disingenuous. Then, pat yourself on the back for acting like you are smarter than him b/c 'you' asked questions, but then not show one iota of concern for any of those question.

Then, try to somehow argue that our military did not receive vaccines until they were mandated :roll: ....I guess that is your way of implying they are just mouth breathing - knuckle draggers.

At what point and by what means, can the general population share concerns over Covid-19, without being censured by social media, who otherwise have no voice. Neither you or I, would know our military was going through something like this, had it not been brought forth.
LMAO. Way to make a ton of assumptions about what I'm talking about. That's RRR's world. Keep putting words in my mouth if it makes you happy.

You think I'm suggesting the military are mouth breathers and knuckle draggers by simply wanting to know when they got vaccinated, if and when they got COVID and seeing if there is any correlation for either to your twitter numbers? That's an idiotic conclusion to jump to and accuse me of.

200 additional cases of Myocarditis is a glaring concern? We have what, 2.8 million people in the DoD with most of them vaccinated in 2021. And a ton of them got COVID as well. So an additional 0.007% got myocarditis. 2400 new cases of pulmonary embolism? An additional 0.08% 1300 new cases of Myocardial infarction? An additional 0.04%. Even if those were 100% a side effect of the vaccine and not COVID, those are very low rates of incidence and not some glaring crisis.

Homeless veterans, mental health problems and suicides are a much larger problem that we need to fix... But let's focus on 200 additional myocarditis cases.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:52 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:26 amSo we agree....there is more to learn, and because we do not have access (that I know of), we cant get that granular data...yet another why. But you'd rather crap on the person for introducing a point of discussion that holds a glaring concern and to be even cynical argue is color of line is a tell that his point is disingenuous. Then, pat yourself on the back for acting like you are smarter than him b/c 'you' asked questions, but then not show one iota of concern for any of those question.

Then, try to somehow argue that our military did not receive vaccines until they were mandated :roll: ....I guess that is your way of implying they are just mouth breathing - knuckle draggers.

At what point and by what means, can the general population share concerns over Covid-19, without being censured by social media, who otherwise have no voice. Neither you or I, would know our military was going through something like this, had it not been brought forth.
LMAO. Way to make a ton of assumptions about what I'm talking about. That's RRR's world. Keep putting words in my mouth if it makes you happy.

You think I'm suggesting the military are mouth breathers and knuckle draggers by simply wanting to know when they got vaccinated, if and when they got COVID and seeing if there is any correlation for either to your twitter numbers? That's an idiotic conclusion to jump to and accuse me of.

200 additional cases of Myocarditis is a glaring concern? We have what, 2.8 million people in the DoD with most of them vaccinated in 2021. And a ton of them got COVID as well. So an additional 0.007% got myocarditis. 2400 new cases of pulmonary embolism? An additional 0.08% 1300 new cases of Myocardial infarction? An additional 0.04%. Even if those were 100% a side effect of the vaccine and not COVID, those are very low rates of incidence and not some glaring crisis.

Homeless veterans, mental health problems and suicides are a much larger problem that we need to fix... But let's focus on 200 additional myocarditis cases.
A “glaring concern” would be suicides in the military. My wife’s cousin was contracted by the DOD to research it. It’s a big issue.

https://www.uso.org/stories/2664-milita ... ng-to-help

But hey a small fraction of 1% MAY have an adverse outcome from a vaccine.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Bart wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:21 am
youthathletics wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:30 pm Strange stats from DoD: Multiple images in tweet https://twitter.com/ethicalskeptic/stat ... 21602?s=21

Not implying this is a result of mandatory vaccine by military, but certainly a headscratcher to see stats like this. What could cause this during a pandemic and then a spike around vaccine distribution?
I question why a data centric like this can't manage to post graphs with axis labels. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And it’s routinely omitted by the ETHICAL skeptic.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

What’s good for thee, is not good for me, displays Abrams. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ajc.co ... utType=amp
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

My school has been excellent in various mediums of communication. Got
This text in last hour we also get regular emails

Mary Lin Elementar: Dear Mary Lin Families,

On Friday, February 4, 2022, 537 students and 67 staff were tested for COVID by Viral Solutions. There were 3 total students who were positive.

K - 1 student
5th - 2 students
Staff - 0

Covid Quarantine Guidelines rmd.me/phWx7Zt2UhB
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:42 pm What’s good for thee, is not good for me, displays Abrams. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ajc.co ... utType=amp

This one photo will cost her any chance she had of winning, which was tiny to start, I’m so sick of these hypocrites, they cannot lose by enough. A morbidly obese woman, who is the MOST susceptible person to Covid, should actually be the one who masks. Children, who represent almost zero risk, should be maskless. By the way, it gets worse…her staff told the schools, she insisted the kids mask up. Un-effing-believable. Whoever wins the Georgia Republican primary I’m donating the max to.

C56C45CE-29BD-46AA-830D-785EB517BFA7.jpeg
C56C45CE-29BD-46AA-830D-785EB517BFA7.jpeg (106.36 KiB) Viewed 1067 times
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Kemp. The people of Georgia are fed up with Perdue’s ego. Many many republicans throughout the state are livid that entitled, silver spoon mediocre dude is running. It’s spoken regularly that he’s only running because it’s his last shot at that political cheddar.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:27 pm Kemp. The people of Georgia are fed up with Perdue’s ego. Many many republicans throughout the state are livid that entitled, silver spoon mediocre dude is running. It’s spoken regularly that he’s only running because it’s his last shot at that political cheddar.

I like Brian Kemp.

Perdue and Loeffler were such atrocious candidates.

If I see any politician like Abrams go maskless while demanding others put masks on, I will max my donations to their opponents. I may as well be a single issue voter.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

New Jersey’s Murphy now asking that schools stop masking kids.

The polling must be dreadful for Democrats, to start walking back this fundamental loyalty test of masks.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Restrictions were predicted to be released when Omicron wanes...as it is in NJ. Cases have dropped 90% since the peak 30 days ago, hospitalizations have dropped 70%. The Governor had indicated that restrictions would be lifted when cases dropped, hospitalizations dropped sufficiently.

Must be a problem for right wing keyboard warriors to have the NJ Gov follow through as predicted.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

But of course, we have Flynn's theories: https://www.businessinsider.com/michael ... ion-2022-1
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The ivermectin story of lies and fraud. Faked data, websites clearly built to fool the easily fooled. Latest study from McMaster University shows no significant value in the treatment of COVID.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:51 am The ivermectin story of lies and fraud. Faked data, websites clearly built to fool the easily fooled. Latest study from McMaster University shows no significant value in the treatment of COVID.
It has been demonstrated here repeatedly. Spoke with a friend this weekend that brought up the “Johns Hopkins Study”….I explained to him what it really was…. He’s in the right wing target audience. Heavy crossover with tradesmen and construction contracting. I call it the “Trump was involved in our business effect”. Some have woke up. Some have not.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Bart wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:21 am
youthathletics wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:30 pm Strange stats from DoD: Multiple images in tweet https://twitter.com/ethicalskeptic/stat ... 21602?s=21

Not implying this is a result of mandatory vaccine by military, but certainly a headscratcher to see stats like this. What could cause this during a pandemic and then a spike around vaccine distribution?
I question why a data centric like this can't manage to post graphs with axis labels. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
... why? The intended audience "don't need no stinkin axis labels" :lol:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:56 am
jhu72 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:51 am The ivermectin story of lies and fraud. Faked data, websites clearly built to fool the easily fooled. Latest study from McMaster University shows no significant value in the treatment of COVID.
It has been demonstrated here repeatedly. Spoke with a friend this weekend that brought up the “Johns Hopkins Study”….I explained to him what it really was…. He’s in the right wing target audience. Heavy crossover with tradesmen and construction contracting. I call it the “Trump was involved in our business effect”. Some have woke up. Some have not.

Glad you ‘educated’ your buddy on the shallowness of Steve Hanke, that mouth breather. :lol:

Here’s Steve’s CV:

http://www.policyexperts.org/cv/HankeSteve.pdf

What a know-nothing; a modern day Lewis Charles Levin, he is!
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... wrong on trickle down, wrong on COVID :lol: :lol:
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:13 am Restrictions were predicted to be released when Omicron wanes...as it is in NJ. Cases have dropped 90% since the peak 30 days ago, hospitalizations have dropped 70%. The Governor had indicated that restrictions would be lifted when cases dropped, hospitalizations dropped sufficiently.

Must be a problem for right wing keyboard warriors to have the NJ Gov follow through as predicted.
Thrilled he is following through, and not assigning any political motive to it either. Also, no more of a problem than for Joe Biden, not a left wing keyboard warrior, just the POTUS. How many times did he assert that if you got vaccinated, you wouldn't get Covid? Misinformation or a deliberate lie? Your thoughts?
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

get it to x wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:30 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:13 am Restrictions were predicted to be released when Omicron wanes...as it is in NJ. Cases have dropped 90% since the peak 30 days ago, hospitalizations have dropped 70%. The Governor had indicated that restrictions would be lifted when cases dropped, hospitalizations dropped sufficiently.

Thrilled he is following through, and not assigning any political motive to it either. Also, no more of a problem than for Joe Biden, not a left wing keyboard warrior, just the POTUS. How many times did he assert that if you got vaccinated, you wouldn't get Covid? Misinformation or a deliberate lie? Your thoughts?
... reasonable when the docs are feeling good about chances of eradicating the disease. Once it was shown that the vaccine didn't completely halt transmission, game changed. There was never any question that there would be breakthrough cases in the research medical community, just a question of level.
Last edited by jhu72 on Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:20 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:56 am

Glad you ‘educated’ your buddy on the shallowness of Steve Hanke, that mouth breather. :lol:

Here’s Steve’s CV:

http://www.policyexperts.org/cv/HankeSteve.pdf

What a know-nothing; a modern day Lewis Charles Levin, he is!
“Johns Hopkins” published that “study”? Smart guy….he knows better. Great economist.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”